Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,590 members, 7,816,455 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? (10495 Views)

Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? / Domestic Violence - Who Is Truly Responsible? / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Toks2008(m): 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2022
Lalasticlala, what is your take?
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by farouk2much(m): 11:02am On Apr 19, 2022
Every one should blame his/her self
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Taiggarr: 11:04am On Apr 19, 2022
Sekoni003:
Trust me if it happens once, it's only a matter of time before it becomes a constant... no matter how provoked you her, don't hit her. Go for a walk, go work out, go grab a beer, anything to calm your mind down after which you both can talk things out

Yes...

Pls also caution the womenfolk..

I see your comment is directed to ONLY the man...

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Taiggarr: 11:05am On Apr 19, 2022
Sekoni003:
Trust me if it happens once, it's only a matter of time before it becomes a constant... no matter how provoked you her, don't hit her. Go for a walk, go work out, go grab a beer, anything to calm your mind down after which you both can talk things out

Yes..

Pls also caution the womenfolk..

I see your comment is directed to ONLY the man...

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by fredoooooo: 11:05am On Apr 19, 2022
Any party that starts the abuse , be it physical or emotional
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Optmus(m): 11:07am On Apr 19, 2022
I want to sell a domain name.

digitblend.com.

It's a very nice name.

I'm in need of some cash for an urgent matter.

Hit me up if you're interested.
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by fredoooooo: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2022
Sekoni003:
Angel Gabriel ... you people will keep shouting men should go for a walk.. advice the women too na abi ...

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Streett: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2022
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by 30naira: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2022
Toks2008:
Do you know that in most cases, ladies and men are the cause of the domestic violence they experience in their relationships?

The sign of a woman beater, as well as a man beater, can never be hidden but people always overlook these signs while dating, and rather than leave, they hope the man or woman will change...

People don't change really... They only get better in hiding their nature just to unleash it when you least expect.

If he or she strikes you once, it may pass for a crazy mistake but if it is done a second time, that is who he or she is... RUN!

As a lady, make it a duty to respect the man in your life and if for any reason you can't respect him then you have no business staying with him, please leave the union.

And for the men who say women sometimes are the cause I will say that is BS cos even when we know some ladies can be very very overbearing and verbally abusive, any wise man should know that the weakness of women is their tongue and that is where their power lies so we must learn to ignore, walk away or ask her to leave in order to keep your sanity if she is verbally abusive but don't ever raise your hand to hit a woman and same applies to the ladies who are physically abusive towards their men.

#SayNoToDomesticViolence

I usually agree with you on a lot of things. But the way you slyly escused verbal abuse is unacceptable. If a man must bear verbal abuse because a woman's power lies in her tongue, then should a woman not also bear physical abuse because a man's power lies in his fist?

We must condemn all forms of abuse, verbal of physical, none should be tolerated. As much as I advice women to leave abusive marriages, men should also leave verbally abusive women

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Taiggarr: 11:09am On Apr 19, 2022
Prettygirl200:
U go continue to be[b] bastard[/b] I have said what I want to say go and Hang yourself useless self

You are an ABUSER!!!!

See all the BILE coming out of your mouth..

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by maestro299: 11:10am On Apr 19, 2022
Favfables1:

If you think "domestic violence" is just physical abuse alone, then you're clearly not so informed undecided...

OP...
Lemme put it to you that "verbal abuse" is also a form of domestic violence, cause it seems to me that you think getting physical is the only form of domestic violence undecided....

Having said so...
Telling a man to just "ignore" a verbal abuse is equivalent to telling a woman to ignore a man who hits her, see how it sounds? undecided...

You're telling men to never hit a woman (physical abuse) no matter what and that's awk! I agree, yet you did not tell women to never abuse a man verbally, why's that? undecided...

Is it that you support verbal abuse or is it that you don't think verbal abuse is a form of abuse or maybe you're trying to downplay the potency of verbal abuse? undecided.... Which is it? undecided...

You were right when you said that women are mostly "verbally powerful" as compared to men and men are more physically powerful as compared to women on average ((paraphrasing)), so lemme ask, if a woman is allowed to exhibit her 'power" in a fight and the man is advised to "ignore and walk away", why shouldn't the man exhibit his too?

To romancelanders
Never tolerate abuse of any form or from anyone! If you're abused in any way, kick that fellow out of our life asap!

**Hope you saw in the second picture, that verbal abuse as a form of domestic violence**
Nice one! I never understand why people excuse verbal abuse by women as, "she's just being a woman", then turn round to crucify men for using their own 'physical advantage' on a woman. By that same logic, isn't he "just being a man?" grin grin grin Abuse should be condemned no matter the form it takes. Trivializing one and demonizing the other is fruitless when it comes to building healthy relationships... I believe what the bible says is paramount: "... wives submit to your husband's and husband's love your wives..."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Taiggarr: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2022
Toks2008:

Kuku kill her because she abused you verbally.

If she abuse you verbally at worst abuse her too make we kuku know it is two women fighting as long as you dont hit her. That is my point.

No one supports verbal abuse from a lady but if it happens just refrain from hitting her.

How about "No one supports physical abuse from a man but if it happens just refrain from abusing him"

Kids.....

4 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Taiggarr: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2022
Toks2008:

Kuku kill her because she abused you verbally.

If she abuse you verbally at worst abuse her too make we kuku know it is two women fighting as long as you dont hit her. That is my point.

No one supports verbal abuse from a lady but if it happens just refrain from hitting her.

How about "No one supports physical abuse from a man but if it happens just refrain from abusing him"

Kids...

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by mywells: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2022
If you're raise with love definitely you'll love people,but if you're not raise with love there no way you can exhibit the act of love,there no love again just a need to have a partner .but deep down the heart there's no love.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by ednut1(m): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2022
Society most times. Some women are financially dependent on the man and cant leave, some leaves and get sent back to the husband by their family. For the men some are beasts, some are doing transfered aggression. You never balance you go marry born 5 kids put pressure on your self , then begin to batter your wife. Solution- government should enforce DV laws, but again when the husband is jailed the wife and kids will end up starving too
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by ivolt: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2022
Blame the violent perpetrator.
If a garage tout stabs a man for "insulting" him, everybody will condemn
the tout.

If a husband did the same, many will blame the woman for the attack.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by 30naira: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2022
Prettygirl200:
okay fine let me just agree with what u just said but u know very well that verbal abuse does not kill like physical abuse. Physically Abuse can damage a human or better still kill but verbal abuse does not that is what the op what trying to say. Knowing fully well that when it comes to physical abuse men are stronger and can hurt or even kill their partner. Is it not just better to walk away?

Verbal abuse can seriously impact mental and physical health. It can cause death too.

5 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by boookworm: 11:15am On Apr 19, 2022
Mr Op why do you have to give women a free pass when they use their 'power' by abusing verbally but ask men To refrain from using theirs? Do you even know the psychological effects verbal abuse can have on a man? Physical abuse can heal in a few weeks, verbal abuse can last years to heal. A lot of people have lost confidence due to verbal abuse, some have even committed suicide. It's really irritating that you have to downplay verbal abuse like that.

Please let's be fair in our submission. How about you ask both parties not to abuse at all

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Utanisco(m): 11:19am On Apr 19, 2022
I can never lay ma hands on a woman
No matter the condition

Any man who does that is an infidel(biblically)
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by maestro299: 11:19am On Apr 19, 2022
Prettygirl200:
okay fine let me just agree with what u just said but u know very well that verbal abuse does not kill like physical abuse.
Why do you think so? Because there are no visible scars? Aunty, it's even worse. The victim of verbal and emotional abuse can be affected by the trauma for many years. It's just as deadly or even more deadlier than physical abuse.

5 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JovialJune(f): 11:20am On Apr 19, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... Two questions for you sir.

Why must it be the man that should walk away in such situation?

Doesn't women too have wisdom to know when they are going overboard with words?

Cause and effect

Will a woman just wake up one day with insults? What triggered it? What did the husband do?

Men don't insult their wives? They've never done that before? How come most women don't react by going physical? How do they react emotionally abused by their husband's?

Why do you men accept verbal emotional insults and violence from your fellow men, but behave like King Kong if same is done by women?

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Prettygirl200(f): 11:20am On Apr 19, 2022
Taiggarr:

You are an ABUSER!!!!

See all the BILE coming out of your mouth..
Do u have a problem with that
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Keyyom22: 11:21am On Apr 19, 2022
Favfables1:

When a female has nothing coherent to say about a topic, they often result to name calling/insults, emotional blackmails et al ...

I actually expected this kinda response and quite honestly, I wasn't disappointed grin...

Have a nice life mi'der...
You see now u work away from slightly verbal abuse is that too hard to do in real life?
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Skillsnigeria: 11:22am On Apr 19, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Prettygirl200(f): 11:22am On Apr 19, 2022
maestro299:
Why do you think so? Because there are no visible scars? Aunty, it's even worse. The victim of verbal and emotional abuse can be affected by the trauma for many years. It's just as deadly or even more deadlier than physical abuse.
Really??
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JovialJune(f): 11:23am On Apr 19, 2022
Keyyom22:
You see now u work away from slightly verbal abuse is that too hard to do in real life?

Good question.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Ebubu: 11:23am On Apr 19, 2022
Prettygirl200:
And that is y u will rot in jail.
and the woman who verbally abuses her husband nko? Some will stand in his way and dare him, “come and pass through if you’re a man”.

Thunder faya all of una toto

Tey am with me if u no go collect woto woto

Say no to verbal abuse you woman.
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by MNDY(m): 11:24am On Apr 19, 2022
Prettygirl200:
okay fine let me just agree with what u just said but u know very well that verbal abuse does not kill like physical abuse. Physically Abuse can damage a human or better still kill but verbal abuse does not that is what the op what trying to say. Knowing fully well that when it comes to physical abuse men are stronger and can hurt or even kill their partner. Is it not just better to walk away?

Mr. Man, for how long will you continue walking away? From your own house? Oh, so that she will get used to it abi? When there is a problem, you look at the root-cause. Verbal/emotional abuse initiate physical abuse. Why did your thread not focus on how to tackle the cause of the problem -Woman? You are still busy looking for who to blame when it's very clear that it is the Woman. Or do you think an unprovoked man will just start beating a woman just like that? Verbal/emotional abuse are capable of making a man suicidal if you don't know how serious it is.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JovialJune(f): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2022
maestro299:

Show statistical links and facts on how verbal abuse is more deadlier than physical abuse? Show statistical links on how verbal abuse from women and not from men is more deadlier than physical abuse and stop the baseless assumption.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Ebubu: 11:26am On Apr 19, 2022
Prettygirl200:

Do you women walk away ? No, you verbally abuse your partner and think it doesn’t hurt him

Do you know what it does to his self esteem, confidence and personality? It tears him up from inside.

You people are here thinking it is all about physical hurt never consider the consequences o your emotional and verbal abuse

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by ABANGWABOI(m): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2022
Women are mostly the cause of domestic violence..
Let them learn how to respect their Husbands and see if it won't reduce drastically...
As for now.. I am enjoying the drama

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Marriage Is A Charity, You Pay For What Others Have Had For Free" -Nigerian Man / I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. / The Cheating And Lying Husband: Power Prayer Points For The Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.