Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,154 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? (22261 Views)

Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera / Can Geisha Be Eaten Raw Just Like Sardine Without Cooking / 10 Pictures Of Cooking Gone Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by zeenaman: 3:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
Recently, I relocated to another state, and I'm still struggling to settle down. I have been here for three months now without a kitchen utensil as little as a spoon let alone cooking.
The experience hasn't been smooth. I survive on visiting restaurants, feeding on junks... The whole of this is unhealthy for me as well as money-wasting. I have lost weight dramatically, I can't remember the last time I ate to my satisfaction.
To make it worse, I have to live like this for another one month.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation like this? How did you cope?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by DoctorOlasDesk: 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
Buy gas cooker or stove na. You can always do light cooking, i.e fry eggs and sardines. Cook Noodles. Cook Beans and eat with Bread. Make eba and get someone prepare soup.

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Verbtips(m): 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
zeenaman:
Recently, I relocated to another state, and I'm still struggling to settle down. I have been here for three months now without a kitchen utensil as little as a spoon let alone cooking.
The experience hasn't been smooth. I survive on visiting restaurants, feeding on junks... The whole of this is unhealthy for me as well as money-wasting. I have lost weight dramatically, I can't remember the last time I ate to my satisfaction.
my brother find girlfriend you go the visit her towards evening when she don the near to cook finish

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by blackboy(m): 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
I ate anywhere food was sold. I usually ate bread

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2022
Op you be ritualist shocked

Na only big boys wey no dey cook for house dey chop outside

somebody should pls call efcc, icpc or dss

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by DJGiore: 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
learn how to cook, get a girlfriend or get married, get a wife dont for to visit my blog naija dj mix.com

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by annex1: 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Been living alone and far away from family for 4+ years today.

Presently enroute home from work and worried about what/where I will eat so this topic resonates with me.
I miss the pandemic period when I was furnished with 3 meals at work and then suffer once again on my off days.

My problem is plain and looks me in the eye; I don't know how to cook and even if I do cook, its never palatable even for me with a tiny pinch of laziness.
You see, I'm the type who tries his best to find out the root cause of my misfortune; I can quite alright wallow in that misfortune but I still like to know the cause anyway.

I began soup making in 2020 during the lockdown. using web DYI videos for Okro and White soup. For some reason, egusi never works and can already start tasting spoilt ~ 7 hours later even with constant warming.
For the life of me, cant fully understand why but my misfortune-cause nature suspects either because I don't mix the egusi properly or I don't probably let it cook enough.
I retired the egusi ambition.

Okro was still the most straight forward. Still is. Okro made me feel good; I delivered okro soup with finesse. Very little protocol and fiam, soup is ready!
I'll be wicked if I don't credit one seller lady at the market; she assists me with buying the okro, washing and cutting it while I sit and wait and mope at fine girls shopping. Funny thing is she doesn't sell Okro or anything I'll ordinarily buy.
All I need do is tell her what soup I plan attempting.

"Market seller" might not be professional work but with her, i get this customer-client confidentiality guys wey never sabi body rarely get from market women; I've been asked mockingly why at my age, I no allow my madam come market. All because I asked which kind leaf dey go well with egusi.
I saw her last week surprisingly, she helped me source the correct pepper for ofada sauce; which your boy prepared by the way - more about this later.

White soup is another quick beauri! Grab my assorted, yam powder thickner, knorr, other orishirishi and fiam again, soup is reaaaady!
You see, I have so much belief in Knorr chicken and crayfish. Each time I don't get a positive taste in whatever I'm cooking, another Knorr is sacrificed. Not even fried egg is spared.
Regardless bouillon and spice don't save my cooking anywaysundecided

The going was good. But who never Bleep up, hands in the air.
There was a certain meat i bought one time during my maggi family menu show; it was hard even after boiling. I remember eating it regardless because me I like meat. It escalated to stomach upset with persistent diarrhea. Stool tests mentioned a specie of worm that is rare - tinea spp and another one i can't rem the name cry
This spanned 4 months. 4 months without having a solid stool. 4 blistering months of uncontrolled bowel movement. I was placed on a cocktail of drugs - imagine combining pyrantrin, praziquantel and ivermectine? Like this worm must die sha. Na then I know say combatrine no strong again. Those days, when mum gives us combatrin, the worms get so frustrated that they come out of us alive. But there i was struggling my own body with Tinea for four darn months!

Since then, my gas was used for boiling water. Alone! I visit gas sellers like thrice in a whole year - like your boy always got gas grin

Let me also add that between 2020 and now, ive made these soups not more than 7 times including the alleged ofada stew i did last week.
The ofada was cool but I'm suspecting the palm oil had issues.

Most times the pots all end with me eating just the meat or in more untasty severe cases, washing the meat off the abomination to fry it. Yes!! I've prepared soup, washed the meat again and fried it.
In hindsight I think I have a mixing/adding component problem (if this even makes sense).

On a typical off work day for me, I wait till 9pm to buy fresh baked bread (N600) which I'll eat with peanut butter(N1500 for jar) and vitamilk (N1000 - the vitamilk is not everyday o, it costs an arm now shocked

I also stock up cereal (Kellogs which lasts 3 days max), I alternate at later part of the day. And just so i'll eat pepper, I got a vendor who does amala/ewedu (1k5 a meal) and ofada rice (2k a meal) to deliver twice weekly which i store in fridge.
On other weeks I pay someone to prepare soup which I also refridgerate. This costs me 10k depending on the animal needed.
Then there are the days and/or weeks where your boy is too lazy to bother myself about warming food or too broke to pay the vendors grin But your boy gets invited to a groove or house so I ends up eating there.

On a typical work day, I don't get to eat in the morning. The result of this is being anxiously impatient for 12pm (lunch break). I eat like a horse during this time, and don't dare bring something light near me. That meal sustains me to around this time where I'll mix this remaining kellogs on my table and call it a day.

There are bliss days though like a time I had a lady friend around. This girl dey cook shege! For the first time in my adult life, person dey make me chop correct food morning, afternoon and night. Like I could eat oha soup (which is fav btw) in the afternoon then Okro at night shocked Unreal!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Generalwoodz(m): 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Omo ! Nothing beats having freshly prepared, tasteful and piping hot plate of your favourite soup and heavenly soft swallow right on your table.
Forget the stress you got to pass through before you could fix up a hot plate, and look on the brighter and beneficial side.

I don't know the most important between a toilet and kitchen...

But if you've got a toilet in your house where you empty your bowel, having a kitchen where you make and spice up the things that fills your bowel is the biggest flex!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by FuckDModz: 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hookup girls wey catch feelings dey bring food.

Buy small gas cooker and garri. Then buy plenty of soup from your fav restaurant. You fit buy Indomie too.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Brendaniel: 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
I've never been in that position before...
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by crackhouse(m): 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Survive how? When there are better restaurants around.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Candidlady: 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
sad

crackhouse:
Survive how? When there are better restaurants around.

Eating out is way more expensive and Ibelieve the OP is tryna cut short on expenses

13 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Premiumwriter: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
T
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by OriOko88(m): 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
Thanks to my Ekiti female neighbor.. Na she dey always pound yam for me every two days.. We both live in a One bedroom flat bungalow and our flats face each other. She cooks and I supply gas and foodstuff sometimes.. But recently we've about taking it to d next level...cos she's started having effrontery to sleep on my three sitter to late hours.. In fact na tomorrow I don plan to give her close marking.. The babe gather boobs die

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by abobote: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
We go through all this stage in life.
The first I rented my own house, I stayed two yrs without cooking. Maybe, coz I don't like cooking, and if I decide to, I will cook beans my best food.
Not until girl friends started visiting, and the ones that want to answer wife material started encouraging me get, gaz cylinder, Cooking pots and plates. Sometimes I will leave them with my key to cook for me.
At this stage, you are a chronic bachelor. You can start getting cooking utensils gradually

21 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by TheScientist: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
......The Scientist is Here......

Scientifically, eating junk food is unhealthy. Not eating at all is also unhealthy.
If finance is the reason why you can't cook a proper meal, get loan from family members or friends.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by slawormiir: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Some niggar can looseguard

Look for one baby girl way fit dey run that matter for you attimes...

I nor say make you start relationships with her

If you are a smart niggar....she will even become part of the food

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by VoltageDivida(m): 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
Na you no wan cook na. How much be cylinder and pot wer you no fit buy but u get money to de chop for restaurants everyday.
Maybe you na sabi cook that's why

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by pocohantas(f): 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
Good the experience hasn’t been smooth.

A lot of you Nigerian men can’t cook to save your own lives. Your kitchens are like where they threw bomb. You hide under the excuse of “work”, but in 5 years time you would marry a working class wife and suddenly tag it unsubmissiveness when she is too tired to pound akpu for you after working the whole day and running after your hyperactive child to drink custard.

Continue eating in that restaurant. Nonsense and Buhari.

Sijo01:
A camp gas with 2 or 3 set of pots will solve your problem.

What then are you waiting for for the past 3months?

He is waiting to deceive one girl with love. Then she would start cooking for him. After that he would open mouth waaaaaaa and ask “WHAT DO WOMEN CONTRIBUTE ASIDES SEX?”

73 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by harmargedon: 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
I prepare my own food. I don't think I can survive a week without cooking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by phemmyfour: 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
zeenaman:
Start from light cookings like Indomie, spaghetti

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by HardMirror(m): 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
Buy gas cooker or stove na. You can always do light cooking, i.e fry eggs and sardines. Cook Noodles. Cook Beans and eat with Bread. Make eba and get someone prepare soup.
simple.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Dawn91(m): 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
zeenaman:
[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by sammysmiles(m): 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
Dat money to dey chop food outside no be here ooooo

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by smile11s(m): 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
zeenaman:

Start small or have a cook day.

https://gist.am/question/how-did-you-survive-living-alone-without-cooking-in-nigeria
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Victor1883(m): 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
I cook always, hw person want take survive without cooking

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by harmargedon: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
zeenaman:
there's nothing More satisfying than preparing the food you'll eat yourself.

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Find yourself a GF, the one that cares for you genuinely or just get a female friend and pay her

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by LordIsaac(m): 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
I had someone who comes around to do the cooking for stipends. I then refeigerated the soups until further notice.

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Update On Imported ‘india Garri’: Health Minister Now Aware & Taken Actions / Amiloaded Feeds 1000 Osun Street Kids / How Much Is A Sachet Of Water In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.