Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? (22276 Views)

Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera / Can Geisha Be Eaten Raw Just Like Sardine Without Cooking / 10 Pictures Of Cooking Gone Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by jericco1(m): 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2022
I did that last year but towards the end part of it I decided I want to be cooking my own meals.
Thankfully this year I have eaten out just 4 times.
Though the cooking is more expensive but I do eat high quality food interchangeably
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by ajademola2000(m): 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
You have to learn how to cook yourself. It’s very very important. Even though you can’t cook all kind food. You should be able to cook at least 70% out of 100% else you will suffer bro and get ready to eat without satisfaction because buying food outside will drain you financially and you still won’t get enough as you want it. It’s better you start practicing how to make some soup like egusi, ogbono. You can always buy fufu so no need for turning semo or eba. All in all you have to start practicing. At first you are definitely going to cook rubbish, make sure you eat it like that, that will give you the edge you need to improve in your cooking. By the time you cook on your own for 5 to 6 months you will start making delicious meal, the kind you will taste and ask yourself oh I made something this delicious? And you will tell yourself, Yes I did!

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Zealoy(m): 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2022
Pls dont cook at home to cook now is more expensive than eating out, the prices of food stuffs now is skyrocketing, infact the price of gas too is high
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by onlinestaff2020: 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
AsiwajuJagaban:
You probably in one remote village with plenty mama puts

Come to abj where the least you'd get in an eatery for a plate of rice is #1200

Multiply that for 3 squares meals in a day

That's not true about a plate of rice costing N1200 in Abuja.

I have not cook since I left home January till now and I work in Central Area, Abuja...I eat out everyday.

A plate of rice cost N500 with meat and a nice sizeable plate...Two meats and a plate cost N600.

What I eat mostly to give me strength while working in the morning is two sizeable wraps of akpu or eba or semo or pounded yam or wheat costs N600.

That I must say, is not bad.
In the afternoon/evening, I eat rice and beans with meat at the rate of N350 in another location...Basically, I spend around N1000 maximum on food everyday.

That's not bad...Also, that's like $2 everyday.

Do you know that cooking is also getting seriously expensive coupled with the food materials and the stress involved.

In my own rationale, eating out and cooking, the difference is not much, just a thin line separate both.

If you want to cook, it takes a short or long duration before the meal is ready and by then, you are already worn out and disinterested to eat...However, when you eat out, the food is automatically ready and you dig in voraciously and move on to the next activity without stressing yourself like a woman in the kitchen.

Anyway, I'm an excellent cook right from many years but eating out presently has relieved me of those unnecessary wahala of washing fish/meat, looking for where to throwaway the dirty water, leaving beans on the fire for many hours, bleaching oil and everywhere getting smoky, chopping onions with runny nose, etc.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by onlinestaff2020: 4:24pm On Apr 21, 2022
Zealoy:
Pls dont cook at home to cook now is more expensive than eating out, the prices of food stuffs now is skyrocketing, infact the price of gas too is high

True talk, my brother
I just posted my comment on this.
They don't know.
There are good restaurant that are not costly with decent and sumptuous meals that will make you run away from cooking and those shakara babes that think they can cook.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by onlinestaff2020: 4:24pm On Apr 21, 2022
Zealoy:

True talk, my brother.
I just posted my comment on this.
They don't know.
There are good restaurant that are not costly with decent and sumptuous meals that will make you run away from cooking and those shakara babes that think they can cook.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by mofresh(m): 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
[the experience is crazy though ....t][/size]
zeenaman:
Recently, I relocated to another state, and I'm still struggling to settle down. I have been here for three months now without a kitchen utensil as little as a spoon let alone cooking.
The experience hasn't been smooth. I survive on visiting restaurants, feeding on junks... The whole of this is unhealthy for me as well as money-wasting. I have lost weight dramatically, I can't remember the last time I ate to my satisfaction.
To make it worse, I have to live like this for another one month.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation like this? How did you cope?
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by gevans(m): 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
zeenaman:
Recently, I relocated to another state, and I'm still struggling to settle down. I have been here for three months now without a kitchen utensil as little as a spoon let alone cooking.
The experience hasn't been smooth. I survive on visiting restaurants, feeding on junks... The whole of this is unhealthy for me as well as money-wasting. I have lost weight dramatically, I can't remember the last time I ate to my satisfaction.
I have not be cooking for the past four years. I last filled my gas in 2018, I have used only 1/4 of the gas. I buy food from the restaurant.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by DreamSonInlaw(m): 4:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
Buy gas cooker or stove na. You can always do light cooking, i.e fry eggs and sardines. Cook Noodles. Cook Beans and eat with Bread. Make eba and get someone prepare soup.

You be better person. I am in similar situation with the guy that made the post

1 Like

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Hamzola28: 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
All you can do is just to cope with bread and mineral.... Then at times you visit restourant.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Pootle: 4:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
OriOko88:
Thanks to my Ekiti female neighbor.. Na she dey always pound yam for me every two days.. We both live in a One bedroom flat bungalow and our flats face each other. She cooks and I supply gas and foodstuff sometimes.. But recently we've about taking it to d next level...cos she's started having effrontery to sleep on my three sitter to late hours.. In fact na tomorrow I don plan to give her close marking.. The babe gather boobs die

she pound yam for you and you in turn pound her grin
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Emaprince: 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
The day I got admission into Uni (long time ago), I stopped eating at home. I am already used to eating outside as it provides me with freshly cooked and hot meals.

As for hygiene, I know where I eat. The cooks are neat and the environment tidied.

Not Like I can't cook. Atleast I can make the best stew in Africa cool cool and the sweetest jollof rice ever...but who come get time to cook now?

I dont believe its costlier either.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Drjekwu: 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
I still de hear am
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Diamondmiller(m): 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
TYPHOID AND MALARIA cry cry cry cry cry cry
zeenaman:
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by DreamSonInlaw(m): 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
pocohantas:
Good the experience hasn’t been smooth.

A lot of you Nigerian men can’t cook to save your own lives. Your kitchens are like where they threw bomb. You hide under the excuse of “work”, but in 5 years time you would marry a working class wife and suddenly tag it unsubmissiveness when she is too tired to pound akpu for you after working the whole day and running after your hyperactive child to drink custard.

Continue eating in that restaurant. Nonsense and Buhari.

He is waiting to deceive one girl with love. Then she would start cooking for him. After that he would open mouth waaaaaaa and ask “WHAT DO WOMEN CONTRIBUTE ASIDES SEX?”

I have always have an understanding heart towards women but I have new height of respect for you guys now. Lost my sister recently & her kids have been with me for the time being..I go to work and come back & have to figure what they will eat..not like I'm a good cook..mahn, its peak!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by stanisbaratheon: 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
I don't joke with my feeding. Go to the market and buy a gas cooker and some utensils.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Testimony1988(m): 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
You just have to start cooking o, if not you won't save.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by abduly4: 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2022
zeenaman:
Stop complaining money dae your hand
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by yetunsbay(m): 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
OriOko88:
Thanks to my Ekiti female neighbor.. Na she dey always pound yam for me every two days.. We both live in a One bedroom flat bungalow and our flats face each other. She cooks and I supply gas and foodstuff sometimes.. But recently we've about taking it to d next level...cos she's started having effrontery to sleep on my three sitter to late hours.. In fact na tomorrow I don plan to give her close marking.. The babe gather boobs die
Dear commenter, be fast
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by dmgr(m): 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2022
pocohantas:

A lot of you Nigerian men can’t cook to save your own lives. Your kitchens are like where they threw bomb. You hide under the excuse of “work”, but in 5 years time you would marry a working class wife and suddenly tag it unsubmissiveness when she is too tired to pound akpu for you after working the whole day and running after your hyperactive child to drink custard.

He is waiting to deceive one girl with love. Then she would start cooking for him. After that he would open mouth waaaaaaa and ask “WHAT DO WOMEN CONTRIBUTE ASIDES SEX?”

With this kind of mentally, i just pity the man you will up getting married to

1 Like

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by alabo1: 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2022
pocohantas:

Then rest. This thread is obviously not for you. Excellently indeed.

The best chefs in the world are men. Go figure
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by SeunNotOwner: 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2022
Verbtips:
my brother find girlfriend you go the visit her towards evening when she don the near to cook finish

See dem face ....... food bandits, unknown foodmen

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Richie77: 5:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
Once in your shoes but I came back to my zenzes when I moved from 78kg to 72kg.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Bukden16(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2022
Have stayed for like, over a year without cooking.

It's not a good experience, at all.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Tradegood: 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
DreamSonInlaw:

I have always have an understanding heart towards women but I have new height of respect for you guys now. Lost my sister recently & her kids have been with me for the time being..I go to work and come back & have to figure what they will eat..not like I'm a good cook..mahn, its peak!

Women already know what you have written because they go through it every day.
A lot of sensible men know this too.

The people you need to enlighten and tell this is the Red demon Pillers that reason like de.mons and not humans, who lack absolute fear of GOD.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Bfly: 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
It is what you chose.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by emmykk(m): 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2022
zeenaman:

If for 3months you don't cook you don't have a girlfriend that can do that you be "sue'gbe"
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Ecos(m): 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
grin angry angry
pocohantas:

grin grin You this girl when you go change for the better? E no go better for this guy wet scatter your heart like this!!
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Kelvin3476: 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
WHEN MY MUM TRAVEL TO HER DAUGHTERS PLACE. SAPA FOR KILL ME, BECUS I NO THE GET CHANCE COOK. NA SO I GO THE EAT MORNING AFTERNUN AND NIGHT SINCE NOVEMBER LAST YEAR UNTILL LAST WEEK WEY SHE CAME BACK. I GO WAKE UP IN THE MRNING BAF GO WORK, THEN COME BACK IN THE NIGHT TO DRINK GOLDEN MORNING MOST TIMES. BE4 MY MUM GO GO THAT KIND LONG VACATION I MUST MARRY . ITS ECONOMICAL WHEN WOMAN DEY THE CONTROL RESOURCE. THANK GOD MY MAMA IS BAK
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by mcdokwe(m): 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2022
Food vendors became my friends, once they sight me from a distance, they'd start packaging my meal without order sef

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by favour32(m): 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
Get cooking gas and kitchen utensils ASAP!

Let eating outside be plan C.
Plan A:Get all ingredients for heavy meals
Plan B:Get ingredients for light meals.
Plan C:You can eat outside.

Nor use ya belle play...
If you respect ya belle ya body go respect you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amiloaded Feeds 1000 Osun Street Kids / Update On Imported ‘india Garri’: Health Minister Now Aware & Taken Actions / Easter Fried Rice | Step By Step Guide To Make Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.