Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) (52858 Views)

Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) / Village Women Gathered To Flog Man Who Beats His Wife (Photos) / Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Tapout(m): 9:25am On Apr 18, 2022
Pacesetterz:

So because rapists are everywhere,they can continue rap$ing?
Because kidnappers are everywhere they can continue kidnapping unhindered?

Some of u just come on here to open rotten mouths. Tomorrow it’s gonna be ur sister or daughter to be assaulted by barbaric idiots called masquerades

Oga calm down abeg. Anyone from the east should know that this is a very common trend. I can't say about other regions. I believe there are know activities associated with various ceremonies worldwide. Just like in west where women are restricted to move at certain hours of the day during the Oro festival. So calm down, Kidnapping and rape has nothing to do with this because that's why I even replied you in the first place.

Btw, that event is called "Oso Mmanwu" and everyone is a target, both male and female.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 18, 2022
KingOfAllIgbos:

Ojukwu did it... so did Kanu.

Everyone knows empty chest beaters who run off in their wives skirts.

grin grin grin

Ojukwu did not do such. He went on exile so his deputy (Phillip Effiong) could ratify the surrender at the behest of the people so stop twisting narratives.

Nnamdi Kanu, though I don't support him neither am I his follower, is a self-acclaimed freedom fighter. Many freedom fighters fought from outside their countries. I know you people from that side don't read but I'll advise you to read about Nelson Mandela and how Korea (the two Koreas actually) gained her independence. Read also about Governments in Exile.

Las Las, this region doesn't produce weeping generals like Oladapo Diya cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by jeff1607(m): 9:25am On Apr 18, 2022
People complaining don’t understand that culture demands that women don’t see the masquerade but as usual they believe we are now in a civilized society so culture should be swept away
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Imbecilicsamuel: 9:27am On Apr 18, 2022
Useless Biafra culture.

Who gave birth to that masquerade, was it not a woman?

Biafra women love birthing male calamity that will deal with them.

The woman is only pained because she was the one that was flogged. She wouldn't bat an eye lid if it happened to her fellow woman.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Pacesetterz: 9:27am On Apr 18, 2022
emekachief:
Good one. Women are only good for procreation or sacrifice to the gods

Lol..Emeka the abuser. You and that late singer’s wicked husband are in same WhatsApp group.

1 Like

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:28am On Apr 18, 2022
DaveDGreat:

grin grin grin

Ojukwu did not do such. He went on exile so his deputy (Phillip Effiong) could ratify the surrender at the behest of the people so stop twisting narratives.

Nnamdi Kanu, though I don't support him neither am I his follower, is a self-acclaimed freedom fighter. Many freedom fighters fought from outside their countries. I know you people from that side don't read but I'll advise you to read about Nelson Mandela and how Korea (the two Koreas actually) gained her independence. Read also about Governments in Exile.

Las Las, this region doesn't produce weeping generals like Oladapo Diya cheesy cheesy cheesy

Since you guys glorify cowards... Diya would be worshipped like a God in your land.

Ojukwu shamelessly ran away his wife's gown and Effiong is a true warrior who stayed to face the music.

That's why you lost the respect of South South and Asari called you ijaw slaves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Richy4(m): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2022
Winningbot:
I understand this act is inhumane and must not be condoned in our society. However, I still don't understand why she said 'i feel like giving up', shey she wwn die because of cane?
Don't wave what she passed through away like it was nothing buddy.. It's a traumatic experience for her..

People covered in a costume gang beating her, It's like what people sees in their nightmares... She will need proper therapy in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Kpengla(m): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2022
crowbar:
Why all the rant? Ain't she a native? So she should know her traditions, if it is prohibited for woman to see a masquerade in her tradition, then do be it, why would she want test the extent of her native traditions then come on social media to cry foul....you sef supporting her, na work you no get...hiss!

It's a barbaric tradition

You lot are the barbarians of Africa

2 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Pacesetterz: 9:29am On Apr 18, 2022
Imbecilicsamuel:
Useless Biafra culture.

The woman is only pained because she was the one that was flogged. She wouldn't bat an eye lid if it happened to her fellow woman.

Example: MNK,Simon Ekpa,Chika Edoziem,Emma powerless and a host of other miscreants. In the east, home training is for only girls.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by yusluvad(m): 9:29am On Apr 18, 2022
Winningbot:
I understand this act is inhumane and must not be condoned in our society. However, I still don't understand why she said 'i feel like giving up', shey she wwn die because of cane?
Oga, she said in her post that she's battling with some health issues already. Reason it nah...

1 Like

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by nobetoday: 9:30am On Apr 18, 2022
Masquerades are part of African culture and traditions, I wonder why children of nowadays always asslicking the westerners.
Yesterday most of you celebrated the white men religion and nobody condemned it.
but when it comes to practice ur African culture that's gradually fading away. Then you people will open ur dirty mouth and be ranting rubbish.
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by bluefilm: 9:32am On Apr 18, 2022
Pacesetterz:

No idiot has ever raised its hands on me. dem no dey fear face. Nobody should be assaulted no matter what. Nigerians and bad behaviour tueh

My friend listen up.

If masquerade dey try scare you, the fun of the whole thing is either you start running when a masquerade starts chasing after you

Or you simply, drop some money for the masquerade to support his spiritual ministry.

Well sha, there are different types of masquerade.

E get small small masquerades and e get horrific masquerades wey be say the masquerade membership dey like cult.

If na dat type dey pursue you and you no wan run, you go hear am o, aswear
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by flokii: 9:32am On Apr 18, 2022
Imbecilicsamuel:
Useless Biafra culture.

You just nailed it.. your last sentence is so true which I also pointed out earlier.

It's like the women too are enjoying the beatings, maltreatment and disgraceful behaviours from the males they birth cos no two ways to explain why they are nonchalant and unperturbed by these ugly scenarios in the East

4 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 18, 2022
KingOfAllIgbos:

Since you guys glorify cowards... Diya would be worshipped like a God in your land.

Ojukwu shamelessly ran away his wife's gown and Effiong is a true warrior who stayed to face the music.

That's why you lost the respect of South South and Asari called you ijaw slaves.

grin grin grin

Wonders shall never cease to end. See a Yoruba man calling another man a coward. Now isn't that funny?

Ojukwu ran away in female clothes? grin grin grin. How petty and daft can you be? Effiong was given the instructions by who? Your father?

As for Asari or whatever you call him, you and I know he's just loud-mouthed. When push comes to shoves, body go tell am.

One thing is certain, we don't produce generals like Diya. So kiss the truth young man.
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by fred04(m): 9:33am On Apr 18, 2022
Maybe her big girl attitude no allow her observe the normal tradition.
As an igbo guy, we have different masquerade with different doctrines. If she is an indigen, she should be blamed if not the masquerades should be blamed.
When you see a masquerade,my brother japa except u have been initiated.
If na man she be and have not been initiated, them go too beat am and come do emergency initiation which costs higher
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Imbecilicsamuel: 9:34am On Apr 18, 2022
Pacesetterz:

Example: MNK,Simon Ekpa,Chika Edoziem,Emma powerless and a host of other miscreants. In the east, home training is for only girls.

Easterners and northerners have alot in common.

Once they birth males, they leave them to wander about...no training....nothing. They leave the streets to raise their males.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Fididiguy(m): 9:34am On Apr 18, 2022
Haaaaahaaaa

What is going on in the east
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Oceanjagaban: 9:34am On Apr 18, 2022
Masquerade no collect?
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Zorn: 9:35am On Apr 18, 2022
KingOfAllIgbos:

You mean as Ojukwu wifed FFKs leftover? grin

Cry me a river. tongue
Oh I forgot I'm replying this product of agbo Jedi testing. Ask your mama where you were conceived . She might not remember which of her agbo Jedi #100 plus free testing customer that she had a worthless entity like you for. But don't worry in our leisure time we'll always send you back to the soakaway where you belong. I donate 5000 litres. GEEPEE tank for your tears.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:37am On Apr 18, 2022
DaveDGreat:

grin grin grin

Wonders shall never cease to end. See a Yoruba man calling another man a coward. Now isn't that funny?

Ojukwu ran away in female clothes? grin grin grin. How petty and daft can you be? Effiong was given the instructions by who? The useless father of DaveDGreat ?

As for Asari or whatever you call him, you and I know he's just loud-mouthed. When push comes to shoves, body go tell am.

One thing is certain, we don't produce generals like Diya. So kiss the truth young man.

Check. I verified the status of your father in my response. grin

Whether you like it or not. The 2 greatest warriors of your tribe ran away in female clothing after chestbeating and Nigeria suyalized millions.

You don't have to like it, but it is the bitter truth. Everyone knows you guys as chestbeating cowards. No matter how much you hate and cry over it...it is facts.

Asari called you cowards and ijaw slaves. Because he was correct no one stepped forward to counter him. All ran away in their wives skirts.

Maybe these masquerades beat the woman because she refused to give them their skirts. LMFAO grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2022
Zorn:

Zorn to his useless homosexual father and his spermbank wh0re mother:
Oh I forgot I'm replying this product of agbo Jedi testing. Ask your mama where you were conceived . She might not remember which of her agbo Jedi #100 plus free testing customer that she had a worthless entity like you for. But don't worry in our leisure time we'll always send you back to the soakaway where you belong. I donate 5000 litres. GEEPEE tank for your tears.

Oh yes... I agree about your own assessment of your parents. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by flokii: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2022
nobetoday:
Masquerades are part of African culture and traditions, I wonder why children of nowadays always asslicking the westerners.
Yesterday most of you celebrated the white men religion and nobody condemned it.
but when it comes to practice ur African culture that's gradually fading away. Then you people will open ur dirty mouth and be ranting rubbish.

Masquerades that we know of potray the African culture in good light, entertain people during festivities.. not the nonsense happening in East where they go about flogging women.

The average Igbo male sees no crime in hitting a woman and it's really disheartening e.g. late singer Osinachi's husband teaching his kids that it's okay to hit women, I'm sure it was the same thing his father passed on to him that he has passed on to those kids and even made them practice it by forcing them to hit their mother.

1 Like

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by LocalStandard1(m): 9:38am On Apr 18, 2022
People should learn to stop talking down on our cultures.

The Chinese,Japanese and some European cultures still show case their masquerades proudly up till now. Even the entire West have their traditions in form of Halloween, saint Patrick's day etc.

Stop always talking down on the African cultures and traditions, a cultureless society is a dead society. Thank you.
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by effort1: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2022
Pacesetterz:
After recovering,she felt like giving up as well. This is sad.

We need laws against public assaults on women by these wicked spirits.

This is sickening

Mod: like somebody stated,would the fools had flogged a white man or woman on the road?

Who cursed the black race? angry

If you have any sense, you'll know that both men and women suffer from public assault. There is an existing law against public assault. So, your reasoning is upside down.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Asianjollof007: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2022
Stallionhorse:
That rubbish that they call irou here in Lagos, any day there try flogging me, them go know say I be cultist from south south..

Pele o cultist, you go collect and nothing go happen.
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:40am On Apr 18, 2022
Prove that is the east,let me give you a hundred reasons why that is the west

haslaw:

MumuIPOB intentionally denying police arresting his people.
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Kriss216: 9:40am On Apr 18, 2022
Ropostic120:
In this age and civilizations,masquerades still dey parade streets??
African race especially this useless Nigeria and backwardness are 5 and 6
Masquerade is African culture. Don't be a slave to the white man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by crowbar(m): 9:45am On Apr 18, 2022
Kpengla:

It's a barbaric tradition

You lot are the barbarians of Africa

Thanks, you that ain't a barbarian,continue being a slave to the white mans traditional and leave me to enjoy my rest and being a barbarian. why are you crying because I don't agree to your dumb idea?
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by jababillions: 9:47am On Apr 18, 2022
NoQualmz:
Unknown gunmen masquerades
Fixed grin
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Streett: 9:48am On Apr 18, 2022
SO WHY CAN’T THESE SPIRITS FLOG FULANI, HERDSMEN, UGM & ESN OUT OF THE EAST…?

1 Like

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by KensonAbule(m): 9:48am On Apr 18, 2022
Maybe the Guy behind the masquerade is your Ex or has something in mind against you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi / Top Igbo Gospel Band In Between 1980s And Early 90's / California Youths Pose With Ooni Of Ife In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.