Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) (52818 Views)

Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) / Village Women Gathered To Flog Man Who Beats His Wife (Photos) / Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 9:05am On Apr 18, 2022
Pacesetterz:
After recovering,she felt like giving up as well. This is sad.

We need laws against public assaults on women by these wicked spirits.

This is sickening

How about assault on men?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Realmi: 9:06am On Apr 18, 2022
What did she do to them

I think something must have prompted this
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Sabadon(m): 9:06am On Apr 18, 2022
B
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Strangebuttrue(m): 9:07am On Apr 18, 2022
May God heal the East

2 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Killerbag36: 9:07am On Apr 18, 2022
To me the earlier women recognise their own assault to men its will never stop
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by joyandfaith: 9:08am On Apr 18, 2022
Masquerade and Oro festivals are barbaric culture. African and stupid culture. Those 2 festivals should be modernised to be source of revenues for government and actors.
Olojo in Ife, Osun osogbo and so on are examples of ancient festivals that are being modernised.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 18, 2022
KingOfAllIgbos:
If those same masquerades see herdsmen, they would run and not stop till they get to Abidjan.

Useless cowards...just great at beating women & children.

This, my brother, you know is a lie. Those masquerades aren't Eyo masquerades and they don't run to Benin Republic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by seyz91(m): 9:10am On Apr 18, 2022
Oga OP

For your info, masquerade go after everyone both male and female

Its their culture or tradition, it is what it is, nothing new

Don't make women so special as if its only we men that deserve beating cheesy
Pacesetterz:
Somebody shared this on my wall and I felt angry for this lady. Why do masqueradesin the South assault women? This is bad and should be kicked against.
These masquerades are always seen with thick canes which they use in flogging pple most especially women/ladies. We men are always left out because na fight if it dares raise a hand on us.

What sort of barbaric and abusive act is this we call culture? This is why the Western world will always look at us as backward.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=404272018370466&id=100063630124717

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Frales6(f): 9:11am On Apr 18, 2022
hmm
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Millimann: 9:12am On Apr 18, 2022
But it's no news that masquerades flog people. Just don't go against the rules.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Newboss(m): 9:12am On Apr 18, 2022
Pacesetterz:
After recovering,she felt like giving up as well. This is sad.

We need laws against public assaults on women by these wicked spirits.

This is sickening

Are you okay?

Women? Really?

Men are not humans too, abi? Men deserve to be assaulted, abi?

Nonsense

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by chubinwa(m): 9:13am On Apr 18, 2022
Am yet to understand the ideology behind masquerades flogging people they perceived to be weak in there presence. This is absolutely nonsense. The gods are not wicked but individuals are now blackmailing the gods
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:14am On Apr 18, 2022
DaveDGreat:

This, my brother, you know is a lie. Those masquerades aren't Eyo masquerades and they don't run to Benin Republic

Ojukwu did it... so did Kanu.

Everyone knows empty chest beaters who run off in their wives skirts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by NoQualmz: 9:14am On Apr 18, 2022
Ropostic120:
In this age and civilizations,masquerades still dey parade streets??
African race especially this useless Nigeria and backwardness are 5 and 6

Same masquerades will see a white man or woman and won’t do shit. Why’s the black man like this? Gosh!
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Pastorsmile: 9:16am On Apr 18, 2022
She could have avoided it is had done the right thing.
That is to maintain a good distance from the masquerade
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by oilmane(m): 9:16am On Apr 18, 2022
blazingblender:
When you guys come out ranting
It annoys me
Women are not expected to see some kind of masquerade in East
But you women go wan do over Sabi
Just flow with the law and live in peace

They should come out only at night then if they're not to been seen by women, how can you come out in the day and expect women not to be out? This is absurd.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by brightalo1010: 9:17am On Apr 18, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
it's everywhere abeg....
so since is everywhere it means is normal abi!?
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by flokii: 9:18am On Apr 18, 2022
Igbo women are gradually turning endangered species.. from domestic abuse to sex trafficking etc.. The ones living outside the East won't even come to their aid, instead they prefer to stay put in the West, enjoy Western cultures and even join the craze of feminism there to attack and trample on men.

All of them feminists and social media activists on twitter are Igbo women but they refuse to speak up or condemn evil perpetrated against women in their hate filled region.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 18, 2022
Bridget95,

This is your fate after Nigeria parts away from you people grin
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by NoQualmz: 9:21am On Apr 18, 2022
emekachief:
Good one. Women are only good for procreation or sacrifice to the gods
Unknown gunman well done
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Glamouzpeter(f): 9:21am On Apr 18, 2022
There was a day i went out to buy something with my big cousin, and I was already angry from home, those masquerade saw us and Chase us my cousin ran, I did at some point I stopped because I could not breathe anymore.
They actually came to flog me, I was so determine deal with them, they flogged me but I made sure all the plam front in their body was on the ground, I was about to remove their mask when one of them told them to run because I was so crazy, I fought them like my life depend on it
I walked like a queen back to my house
Those men who watch when there started flogging me were laughing at first, but when they noticed how determine I was to deal with the masquerade
They started saying I have disobeyed and disgrace their masquerade that I will pay for it, they follow me to know my house that was 2016, then I just turn 16
Up till today nothing happened and each time I see them I try to avoid them because I don't want to repeat history

2 Likes

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by chatinent: 9:21am On Apr 18, 2022
Funnily enough, these masquerade bearers celebrated Easter. Lol.
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 18, 2022
This lady exaggerated her story

2.. there are some kind masq,women don't see just like when oro festival dey

3.. masquerade, can't turn back to flog you when u did nothing

4.. nobody joins hands to flog

5.. a real masquerade is different from aji busu, etc.. go to ihiala, edenta awo idemmili,orsu ihiteukwa etc and see real masquerade..

6.. cus them cover face with anything doesn't make them the main masquerade

7.. if your boyfriend or ex wan wicked you or friend etc.. u will surely get the hit

8.. traditions can't be abolished

9... when I hear osu etc has been abolished, I just dey laugh

10.. when u see such, hide and make sure they've gone b4 coming out

11.. you wan give up say dem flog you

12.. women dey fear me

13.. fear who no fear them

14.. devil dey learn were doz being dey

15.. quote me anyhow and get it anyhow

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 18, 2022
The flogging is the fun of it all, tradition don't allow women go near masquerades,
Its forbidden,
Reason she was flogged, ladies stay very far from masquerade,
Even men who are not yet initiated into it are not allowed hence you will be flogged or take to custody for immediate initiation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Bridget95(f): 9:23am On Apr 18, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
Bridget95,

This is your fate after Nigeria parts away from you people grin
You are full of Nigerian politics that you can't reason out of the box

1 Like

Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by Kyra1(f): 9:23am On Apr 18, 2022
That's how one tiny masquerade flogged me back then.
He is lucky I did not catch him, I would have beat him very well.
Re: Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) by frowland(m): 9:24am On Apr 18, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Try it in ile-iwe bus stop. if they don't flog the sh*t outta you..make I know why..Making senseless noise online. You will live your life on earth and pass away,masquerade will forever be. Comparing masquerade to rapist and kidnappers just made me know shildren and noisy rants.

Sorry they won’t ‘forever be’ or whatever you mean by that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo State Proverbs In All Dialects With Translation(s) / Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi / California Youths Pose With Ooni Of Ife In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.