Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert (47372 Views)

Agege Bread Advert: Your Sins Forgiven, CAN Tells Sterling Bank / Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For Comparing Christ With Agege Bread / CBN Threatens To Sanction BVN Violators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by pancrowcash: 8:32pm On Apr 18, 2022
Dreamhighnow:
If they make this kind mistake with Muslim. Omo na my northern brother go start razing down every Access bank building

Democracy!

Jehovah nissi
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by maasoap(m): 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
Administration1:
Of course they fvcked up,
who never fvcked up hands in the air,
No hands?

[s] If the tables where turned i believe some Muslims would have razed all Sterling Bank buildings in Nigeria. [/s] This is from experience with the Charlie cartoon in France

You didn't make sense, may be that's because you are in lacking of it.
Sterling bank blasphemy was a pure creativity gone wrong. Can you say the same about the blasphemous acts against Islam or Muslims as most if not all are intentional? You may want to disagree and prove me wrong.

Charlie cartoon in France which you referenced was done to incite the Muslims anger worldwide because it showed prophet Mohammed wearing a bomb in his turban. How did that compare to this one that is just creativity to make Christians happy ended up making them angry?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
There are some certain things you don't play with. Especially what some set of people (Faith)regards as embodiment of holiness.

They should be sanctioned.

Imagine that cultist comedian guy saying "J*s"*s will collect wotowoto" Easter prank. That's nonsense which needs to stop.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Kobicove(m): 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
I don't understand what the brouhaha is all about undecided
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Iamzik: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
brightalo1010:
this one na church fanatic sounding as dumb as usual.

He has a right to react if he feel offended by sterling bank arrogance. How does closing his account affect you? If that makes him a fanatic and dumb then you are even dumber for trying to determine how he should react.

Y'all be trying to sound foolishly woke

Learn to respect people's religious beliefs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Abc2Z: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
Those dragging Islam and Prophet Muhammad into this issue are no different from Sterling Bank, Infact they are worse.

Sterling Bank is wrong but they are "more wrong". Why comparing the effect if it happens to be done to Islam. What concern them. Many Muslims have complained about the advert to. But truth be told the non Muslims are more provoking than anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by smiliyB(f): 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2022
Candidlady:
Ihave been hearing this AGEGE BREAD ... still don't know what it means! Is the bread special and who owns the AGEGE bread
it's not special, just affordable and soft. You can find it main in Lagos. These days it's even tasteless undecided economy hard, over management don affect the bread wella

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by organicfoods(m): 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2022
Not good enough...but religion has captured and enslave us.
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by jditimiya(m): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
englishmart:
First thing tomorrow, I will head to the nearest sterling bank, withdraw my last 11k and then close the useless account.
Nonsense.

You even get money for the bank, ₦11k and I dey look for � to eat for my end. But they need to be wise, if na the other way round it's will not be funny for them.
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by airsaylongcome: 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
Oluwapresley:
Na this news carry me come Nairaland.

Let me now calm down and read.

Modified:
Now I have read. It might be distasteful to some quite alright. But APCON should pumpi jare. It's not as bad as how I had expected it to be before reading. It's more or less a situation of a missed attempt at being funny rather than it being blasphemous.

But if there is any attempt to compare the prophet of "the other people" to anything mortal we will be hearing of the slaughter of many people in the north and people will be saying "how can they try to be funn5with Prophet Xyz"

2 Likes

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by smiliyB(f): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
Investorozay:

try it with mohammed
you will find out
You dey mind him undecided undecided
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by penearth(m): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
If the bank fold up tomorrow na. Them no know wia their wahala start!
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by gracealonev: 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2022
englishmart:
First thing tomorrow, I will head to the nearest sterling bank, withdraw my last 11k and then close the useless account.
Nonsense.
Don't you think you'll be dignifying them by visiting any branch at all. You can just transfer the balance to my account right away, if you don't mind.
grin
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by seguno2: 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2022
Uprightness100:
Thank GOD we are not in the Old Testament, where taking the name of the LORD launches Instant Judgement.

Due to the Merciful nature of JESUS Christ and the Fact that as Christians we don't fight for GOD, people feel free to do anyhow in the name of being Heard.

Thank God we are not in Afghanistan, and Buhari’s divisive rule is yet to change our country into such.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2022
triple996:
This country na cruiz

Yes, the country is a cruise because of ignorant people like you who support any politician who throws stipends and peanuts at you
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2022
Trying so hard to do like the spricocotwitter
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Sleekfingers: 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://punchng.com/easter-apcon-to-sanction-sterling-bank-for-provocative-agege-bread-advert/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1650287538

Make una come sanction me too.......JESUS ROSE ON THE 3RD DAY, LIKE AGEGE BREAD.... Awon confused people.......dem dey carry religion for head like gala.....

grin grin grin
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
Candidlady:
Ihave been hearing this AGEGE BREAD ... still don't know what it means! Is the bread special and who owns the AGEGE bread

fulani janja-weed- militant spotted! every full blown Nigerian knows wat Agege bread is, u see where all this bandits are coming from, they are living amongst us but we don't know,even her.on nL and are acting as sleeper cells, this one is among

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by johannu(m): 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
They are lucky they did that to the religion of peace.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Sleekfingers: 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2022
bedah:
What's wrong with the advert?

I tire o
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Sleekfingers: 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2022
Prettychild:

Exactly! I was pissed with that. How can you compare my Lord Jesus Christ to agege bread? It was demeaning

Jesus is agege bread....
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by foreshore(m): 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2022

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Richy4(m): 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2022
What year was that when someone called his goat Buhari... The dust it created was much...

Some people just take Christianity for granted... And if u check properly, it was a Christian fellow who was trying so hard to be promoted in their marketing department that did this angry
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Daroldigits: 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
What of FIRS as well?
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by LaconicINC: 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
Administration1:
Of course they fvcked up,
who never fvcked up hands in the air,
No hands?

If the tables where turned i believe some Muslims would have razed all Sterling Bank buildings in Nigeria. This is from experience with the Charlie cartoon in France
you read my mind!
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Benitoh: 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
This is why they're called Christians .

In Christianity they allow God to judge and punish.

If they try these shit with Islam.....................
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by kingyakos: 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
Where are the adeboye, oyedepo,ibimoye, Suleiman,kukah,oritsejiafor, Lazarus mouka,CAN,PFN etc. Don't they have any comments about this or are they not serving God in spirit and in truth?....
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by neonly: 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
Bank wey don die finish sef na access bank go buy am later

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by neonly: 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2022
Bank wey don die finish sef na access bank go buy am later

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Candidlady: 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2022
RaptObserver:

Yes o. And Agege is actually the name of a local government in Lagos state. It is a place that prides itself in having residents who are streetwise.

Learnt something new today... Always thought AGEGE is a name of a person!

Thanks again
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Orpe7(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2022
They probably would have sacked the handler by now
Sterling no like wahala
No be so dem quickly sack that guy wey wan rape some girls wey Lodge am for house that year
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by BotherMleeper(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2022
Sterling Bank has done no worse than the Adeboyes and Oyedepos who claim jeebus as their personal property and impotent deity.

Didn't one of them complain jeebus finished his teapot one lazy afternoon?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt / Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? / Starting A Trucking Business In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.