Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,074 members, 7,835,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Apostle Paul Vs James (faith Vs Work) What Did Jesus Really Teach? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Paul Vs James (faith Vs Work) What Did Jesus Really Teach? (823 Views)

Book Of James (faith Without Works Is Dead) / Apostle Paul Okikijesu 2021 Prophecies: Crisis In Aso Rock, A Governor Will Die / "Passenger In Keke Turns Python, Swallows A Boy In Bonny" - Apostle Paul Umoru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Paul Vs James (faith Vs Work) What Did Jesus Really Teach? by Emusan(m): 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
haekymbahd:
Apostle Paul claims Work is useless only Faith is required to inherit eternal life.

It just so unfortunate that you don't know what you're talking about.

You lied that Paul claims "WORK" is useless.

From the Scripture you cited, it was "work of THE LAW" that keeps coming up. So how did you reduce it to just WORK?

Could it be ignorance or dishonest in you?

New King James Version
Galatians 2 vs 16
knowing that a man is not justified by the works of THE LAW but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works OF THE LAW; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Look at the @color parts and see whether you understand what you're saying or just decided to attack a strawman argument.

Now James beleives otherwise now James was said to be brother of Jesus while Apostle never met Jesus while on earth he said:

New King James Version
James 2
14What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

17Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

What James and Paul are addressing are of two different things.

Paul is teaching transition from the old LAW to NEW CHRIST JESUS while James is teaching on evidence of faith through work

What did Jesus really say about this do christians work?

Mathew 5: 18 For truly I tell you, until the sky and earth pass away and perish, not one smallest letter nor one little hook [identifying certain Hebrew letters] will pass from the Law until all things (it foreshadows) are accomplished.

19 Whoever then breaks or does away with or relaxes one of the least [important] of these commandments and teaches men so shall be called least [important] in the kingdom of heaven, but he who practices them and teaches others to do so shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness (your uprightness and your right standing with God) is more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven

What did Jesus really teach?

Your answer is in that @color part, even though you quoted that scripture but it's evident you don't understand what you quoted.

Go and search on articles that have dealt with "The Law in foreshadow of Christ Jesus."

Or better read this epic one Here!
Re: Apostle Paul Vs James (faith Vs Work) What Did Jesus Really Teach? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

Jesus taught work and faith which is not what Paul taught!

You have seen that Paul restated Psalm 127 which is work and faith, so this is just you talking rubbish.
Re: Apostle Paul Vs James (faith Vs Work) What Did Jesus Really Teach? by Acehart: 8:59am On May 02, 2022
AntiChristian:

If he does not believe in him will he call him Good Master/Teacher?

Those questions he asked him were not questions you ask a ordinary person!

You said, “ If he does not believe in him will he call him Good Master/Teacher”. According to this deduction of yours, please tell me whether the people in the verse I am going to quote believed Jesus because the called him Master:

12And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him, and went their way.

13 And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.

14 And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?

I’d like to ask you this for the second time: What are the requirements of the Law?

How did Jesus fulfill the requirements of the Law and the prophets? Has any other man fulfilled the requirements? Has any other man fulfilled the law and the prophets?
Re: Apostle Paul Vs James (faith Vs Work) What Did Jesus Really Teach? by AntiChristian: 9:15am On May 02, 2022
Acehart:

You said, “ If he does not believe in him will he call him Good Master/Teacher”. According to this deduction of yours, please tell me whether the people in the verse I am going to quote believed Jesus because the called him Master:

12And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him, and went their way.

13 And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.

14 And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?

The one I was referring to was the person that asked Jesus about eternal life. Not the hypocrites you brought.

I’d like to ask you this for the second time: What are the requirements of the Law?

How did Jesus fulfill the requirements of the Law and the prophets? Has any other man fulfilled the requirements? Has any other man fulfilled the law and the prophets?

Jesus said he never came to abolish the law and the Prophets in Matthew 5:17.

He has fulfilled his part and did left the rest for the last Prophet who came after him in the name of Muhammad.

And that's the seal of prophethood.
Re: Apostle Paul Vs James (faith Vs Work) What Did Jesus Really Teach? by Kobojunkie: 1:29am On Apr 05, 2023
haekymbahd:
■ Apostle Paul claims Work is useless only Faith is required to inherit eternal life. - Galatians 2 vs 16
■ Now James beleives otherwise now James was said to be brother of Jesus while Apostle never met Jesus while on earth he said:- James 2 vs 14 - 17
■ What did Jesus really say about this do christians work? - Mathew 5 vs 18 - 19. What did Jesus really teach?
I am afraid your comprehension of what is where the problem lies here. What Paul instead insists below is that it is not by works gathered from the following the Old Law of Moses that one is justified but instead through faith (trust and obedience aka works) in Jesus Christ that they would be justified. undecided
15 We are Jews by birth. We were not born “sinners,” as we call those who are not Jews.
16 But we know that no one is made right with God by following the law(of Moses). It is trusting in Jesus Christ that makes a person right with God. So we have put our faith in Christ Jesus, because we wanted to be made right with God. And we are right with him because we trusted in Christ—not because we followed the law(of Moses). I can say this because no one can be made right with God by following the law(of Moses).
17 We Jews came to Christ to be made right with God, so it is clear that we were sinners too. Does this mean that Christ makes us sinners? Of course not.
18 But I would be wrong to begin teaching again those things that I gave up.
19 It was the law(of Moses) itself that caused me to end my life under the law(of Moses). I died to the law(of Moses) so that I could live for God. I have been nailed to the cross with Christ.
20 So I am not the one living now—it is Christ living in me. I still live in my body, but I live by faith in the Son of God. He is the one who loved me and gave himself to save me.
21 I am not the one destroying the meaning of God’s grace. If following the law(of Moses) is how people are made right with God, then Christ did not have to die. - Galatians 2 vs 15 - 20
Trusting in Jesus Christ, which is what Paul was advocating in place of following the Old Law in the passage above, entails living one's life in submission and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ - John 14 vs 15 -20. undecided

2. James' writing in the passage below is focused rather on explaining to his fellow believers that it is utterly futile to claim with one's mouth that one has faith in Jesus Christ all the while refusing to obey the very teachings and commandments of God — do works.
14 My brothers and sisters, if a person claims(by mouth) to have faith but does nothing, that faith is worth nothing. Faith like that cannot save anyone.
15 Suppose a brother or sister in Christ comes to you in need of clothes or something to eat.
16 And you say to them, “God be with you! I hope you stay warm and get plenty to eat,” but you don’t give them the things they need. If you don’t help them, your words are worthless.
17 It is the same with faith. If it is just faith and nothing more—if it doesn’t do anything—it is dead.
18 But someone might argue, “Some people have faith, and others have good works.” My answer would be that you can’t show me your faith if you don’t do anything. But I will show you my faith by the good I do.
19 You believe there is one God. That’s good, but even the demons believe that! And they shake with fear.- James 2 vs 14 - 18
In verses 15 - 16, James uses a particular commandment given by Jesus Christ to His followers to explain exactly this. He did this by explaining that it is like one who claims by mouth to be a follower of Jesus Christ yet refuses to do exactly that which the Lord commands in Matthew 5 vs 42Give to the one who asks you and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you . Such a one is worthless as a follower of Jesus Christ and his claim to have faith is of lie. undecided

3. The passage you quoted from the Gospels Matthews 5 vs 15 - 18 is Jesus Christ explaining that He did not come to abolish the Old Law of Moses as that Law stands as the Constitutional Law of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan for eternity as God decreed. Jesus Christ, as He explained in that context did not come at all to change the Constitution. Instead, He came from God with an agreement different and separate from that. Jesus Christ is instead the Constitutional Law and agreement in God's special Nation of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 6 - aka the Kingdom of God — a Nation that is not of this world. undecided

As you can clearly see, you misconstrued what is in fact written in the various writings and this problem is common when you go with attempting to push your preconceived ideas in between the lines of what is in fact written. undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Vs James (faith Vs Work) What Did Jesus Really Teach? by Kobojunkiee: 9:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
haekymbahd:
what does work mean and are christians doing it?
Work refers to obedience of God's given Law and teachings. It does not matter what Christians do with their lives as God's mandate is not weighed against what men do with their lives and time. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was Jesus God's First Creation? / Queen Elizabeth II Was A ‘luciferian’ / Proof That The God Of Israel Is Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.