Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? (695 Views)

Share Experience About An Emotional Moment With Your Ex / A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met / A Yahoo Boy Physically And Verbally Assaulted Me Today, Unprovoked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Ebubu: 11:36am On Apr 19, 2022
There has been widespread reports of physical abuse in the internet in recent weeks. And many family advisors and psychologists have advised women to walk away from a marriage with a physically abusive husband.

Many men in defense or perhaps due to recent awareness, have started to open up on what they suffer in the hands of women in the name of verbal and emotional abuses. Some recount instances whereby the woman stands in their way through the door and dares them to pass through if they are man enough, rains abuses them, belittle them among others.

I understand these has led to many men choosing the company of their friends and/or sleeping in offices.

While men portray emotional and verbal abuses to be equivalent to physical abuse considering the trauma and sleeplessness it creates on the victim, as well as a dip in his confidence and general unhappiness. Since women are advised to walk away from a physically abusive marriage

Can you as a man or current husband, walk away from that your verbally abusive wife if it’s in her trait to be abusive, causing you trauma, unproductiveness at work, sadness, sleeplessness and lack of confidence?

How far can you go with a wife who verbally abuses you ?
Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 19, 2022
Straight divorce,no Time to waste.
Pls everyone should take note, someone here cloned my main account which is Kriss216 and the impersonator's account is krss216.
So please everyone should take note I own this one and my main account which is Kriss216.

1 Like

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Ebubu: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
kriss2I6:
Straight divorce,no Time to waste.

Thank you for your opinion.

I think men should start filing for divorce with an emotionally and verbally abusive partner. That is the only way the younger generation of women about to get married will learn how to live peacefully with their husband.

Moreover if you file for divorce after learning the nature of person she is, it reduces your chances of one day overreacting and hitting her then landing in jail for beating a woman. So the earlier you divorce that verbal abuser who will put you in jail, and claim your properties as damages, the better for you.

Don’t throw your life away keeping a verbally abusive wife in your OWN HOUSE you paid for and own/built.

Let us not downplay the effects of verbal abuse and how it affects the man’s sexual and societal productivity.

1 Like

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 19, 2022
Ebubu:

Thank you for your opinion.

I think men should start filing for divorce with an emotionally and verbally abusive partner. That is the only way the younger generation of women about to get married will learn how to live peacefully with their husband.

Let us not downplay the effects of verbal abuse and how it affects the man’s sexual and societal productivity.
Na so e suppose be na,Cynthie55 what do you think? grin
Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by rickpat(m): 11:55am On Apr 19, 2022
in this part of the world,the men hardly file for divorce based on emotionally abuse...most of them see it as an opportunity to go get a side chick or even marry more women...some feel that's where their happiness lie.

BUT IT'S WISE YOU DIVORCE THE WOMAN..

BUT DIVORCE IS NOT AN EASY PROCESS THOUGH ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE ARE KIDS INVOLVED PLUS THE WHOLE ALIMONY ISSUE... MAY BE THATS WHY THE MEN JUST GO AND GET OTHER WOMEN INTO THEIR LIVES...

ALL FORM OF ABUSE IS BAD...ABUSE IT'S A SILENT KILLER...SAY NO TO ABUSE

1 Like

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Ebubu: 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2022
rickpat:
in this part of the world,the men hardly file for divorce based on emotionally abuse...most of them see it as an opportunity to go get a side chick or even marry more women...some feel that's where their happiness lie.

BUT IT'S WISE YOU DIVORCE THE WOMAN..

BUT DIVORCE IS NOT AN EASY PROCESS THOUGH ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE ARE KIDS INVOLVED PLUS THE WHOLE ALIMONY ISSUE... MAY BE THATS WHY THE MEN JUST GO AND GET OTHER WOMEN INTO THEIR LIVES...

ALL FORM OF ABUSE IS BAD...ABUSE IT'S A SILENT KILLER...SAY NO TO ABUSE
if you get another woman into your life, you complicate the whole matters as you may end up having child outside your marriage, wife can even sue for divorce due to extra-marital affairs, win you and you bear the brunt of the shame.

You choose to marry the other woman, does Christianity permit that? Unless you are a Muslim, fine. But what is the solution for our Christian brothers who can’t take their verbal abusive wives.

Or are they writing off the consequences of verbal abuses in their lives? The kids could be watching and losing respect for their father, if at all they are not already corrupted by the deeds of the mother and trained to repeat same to their future husbands/wives.

1 Like

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2022
The best thing is to walk away. The damage verbal abuse does to a man is always life-threatening. When you allow bad energy constantly into your life, it begins to rub off on you physically, emotionally, health-wise, mentally and financially.

Most men abused by their wives and continue to stay there observe them closely they look older than their age, they battle with one illness or the other, they are never financially stable, happiness is far from them, they become weak men, they lose the zeal to push for a better life. You can't be hearing "you are a useless man", "it will not be well with you", "you are not worth anything", "you can never make it in life", "you will die before me" from the bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh of your flesh and still expect to be sane angry

They do not only stop at the husband, they also transfer that aggression on their sons. If you know the pain verbal abuse can inflict on one you'll refrain from it. My mother abused me verbally for years and I'm still feeling the impact and one useless woman or lady will come and continue from where she stopped, I go use beating and punches pursue you go your papa house undecided . My father that one anytime I look at him I feel pity and anger at the same time. Pity because of what has become of him after years of verbal abuse and what it has done to him psychologically and I feel anger because he made a wrong choice without God being involved angry and allowing it to continue and not having the balls to walk away. My elder sister won dey do that shit to me too, I cut off communication ASAP angry I hate nonsense. My mother sef communication has been reduced to the barest minimum.

Guys if a lady talks to you anyhow or shows that she doesn't respect you. Dump her immediately don't be blinded by useless sex. If she broke shames you, dump her. A woman that respects you because of money will disrespect you and kill you verbally if God forbid you lose your wealth. If she make fun or complain of your appearance like "you are too short" "you are too black" or "you are too skinny" please I beg dump her. If she compares your brother to you, dump her. If a woman can not respect you unconditionally just dump her please. angry

Finally I have made a decision not to get married and I'm keeping to it. My peace of mind is better than one useless wife that will cause me heartache for the rest of my long life. lipsrsealed

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by rickpat(m): 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ebubu:
if you get another woman into your life, you complicate the whole matters as you may end up having child outside your marriage, wife can even sue for divorce due to extra-marital affairs, win you and you bear the brunt of the shame.

You choose to marry the other woman, does Christianity permit that? Unless you are a Muslim, fine. But what is the solution for our Christian brothers who can’t take their verbal abusive wives.

Or are they writing off the consequences of verbal abuses in their lives? The kids could be watching and losing respect for their father, if at all they are not already corrupted by the deeds of the mother and trained to repeat same to their future husbands/wives.
..if you are talking of the Bible... firstly..you know the only basis for divorce according to the Bible... secondly the Bible has no record of abuse or the way it should be treated...so if you want to follow the Bible...ITS A NO WAY OUT BRO...so I don't bring in the Bible to matters of abuse cus the Bible never recorded anywhere any one was abused in a marriage...so I would advise you use the LAW IN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE PLUS COMMON SENSE

1 Like

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Ebubu: 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
NewSoul:
The best thing is to walk away. The damage verbal abuse does to a man is always life-threatening. When you allow bad energy constantly into your life, it begins to rub off on you physically, emotionally, health-wise, mentally and financially.

Most men abused by their wives and continue to stay there observe them closely they look older than their age, they battle with one illness or the other, they are never financially stable, happiness is far from them, they become weak men, they lose the zeal to push for a better life. You can't be hearing "you are a useless man", "it will not be well with you", "you are not worth anything", "you can never make it in life", "you will die before me" from the bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh of your flesh and still expect to be sane angry

They do not only stop at the husband, they also transfer that aggression on their sons. If you know the pain verbal abuse can inflict on one you'll refrain from it. My mother abused me verbally for years and I'm still feeling the impact and one useless woman or lady will come and continue from where she stopped, I go use beating and punches pursue you go your papa house undecided . My father that one anytime I look at him I feel pity and anger at the same time. Pity because of what has become of him after years of verbal abuse and what it has done to him psychologically and I feel anger because he made a wrong choice without God being involved angry and allowing it to continue and not having the balls to walk away. My elder sister won dey do that shit to me too, I cut off communication ASAP angry I hate nonsense. My mother sef communication has been reduced to the barest minimum.

Guys if a lady talks to you anyhow or shows that she doesn't respect you. Dump her immediately don't be blinded by useless sex. If she broke shames you, dump her. A woman that respects you because of money will disrespect you and kill you verbally if God forbid you lose your wealth. If she make fun or complain of your appearance like "you are too short" "you are too black" or "you are too skinny" please I beg dump her. If she compares your brother to you, dump her. If a woman can not respect you unconditionally just dump her please. angry

Finally I have made a decision not to get married and I'm keeping to it. My peace of mind is better than one useless wife that will cause me heartache for the rest of my long life. lipsrsealed

Thank you very much

You’ve said it all

Guys listen and listen very carefully

1 Like

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Realmi: 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2022
Op, is this the kind of woman u married
Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Ebubu2: 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2022
Realmi:
Op, is this the kind of woman u married

No

But I’m just being very careful and I don’t want to end up with one
Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Demigod22: 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2022
I can't tolerate a woman who doesn't have control over her mouth. I will divorce any woman or wife that threatens my mental health. I can't even manage such wife. Life is stressful already, I don't need someone's daughter to add another burden to my life.

Anything that cost you your peace of mind is too expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Ebubu: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2022
Demigod22:
I can't tolerate a woman who doesn't have control over her mouth. I will divorce any woman or wife that threatens my mental health. I can't even manage such wife. Life is stressful already, I don't need someone's daughter to add another burden to my life.

Anything that cost you your peace of mind is too expensive.

Your last paragraph says it all

Men need to be enlightened more that nothing is too expensive to let go to have their peace of mind.

If you tolerate it and one day hit her, wahala for you. If you don’t hit her, low self esteem fit take over you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Demigod22: 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ebubu:

Your last paragraph says it all

Men need to be enlightened more that nothing is too expensive to let go to have their peace of mind.

If you tolerate it and one day hit her, wahala for you. If you don’t hit her, low self esteem fit take over you.

Very true. It's not a do or die affair. If it's not working, then leave. My father always tell us to know when to say and let go and move on.

1 Like

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On Apr 20, 2022
Ebubu:
1. While men portray emotional and verbal abuses to be equivalent to physical abuse considering the trauma and sleeplessness it creates on the victim, as well as a dip in his confidence and general unhappiness. Since women are advised to walk away from a physically abusive marriage

2. Can you as a man or current husband, walk away from that your verbally abusive wife if it’s in her trait to be abusive, causing you trauma, unproductiveness at work, sadness, sleeplessness and lack of confidence?

3. How far can you go with a wife who verbally abuses you ?
1. Women are advised to walk away from toxic relationships whether of emotional or verbal abuse and abuse of the physical kind. undecided

2. Why not? undecided

3. Any relationship which drains one emotional and psychological is not worth one dying in. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Kobojunkie: 2:20am On Apr 20, 2022
Ebubu:
1. if you get another woman into your life, you complicate the whole matters as you may end up having child outside your marriage, wife can even sue for divorce due to extra-marital affairs, win you and you bear the brunt of the shame.

2. You choose to marry the other woman, does Christianity permit that? Unless you are a Muslim, fine.

3. But what is the solution for our Christian brothers who can’t take their verbal abusive wives. Or are they writing off the consequences of verbal abuses in their lives? The kids could be watching and losing respect for their father, if at all they are not already corrupted by the deeds of the mother and trained to repeat same to their future husbands/wives.
1. Now we are broaching what is in fact reality. undecided

2. How exactly does marrying another woman resolve abuse in a marriage abeg? Should the abusive wife decide to sue for divorce in that case, does the man not end up even worse in that case? undecided

In Islam women don't really have rights except those assumed by them in marriage but for the rest of Nigeria, you don't just up and marry another wife as solution to abuse. undecided

3. For those who claim to be Christians, divorce is not a sin but it is in remarrying that one can err against God. I leave it to commonsense. undecided

1 Like

Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Jayrockk: 5:50am On Apr 20, 2022
Straight up divorce o
Re: Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? by Ebubu: 6:55am On Apr 20, 2022
Jayrockk:
Straight up divorce o
as in ehn

(1) (Reply)

It's Really Hard For Real Gees Out Here / Meet Chomzy Bbnaija Biography, Age, Real Name, Phone Number / Why Do Nigerians Brokeshame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.