Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane (32611 Views)

Ikpeba Responds To Osimhen’s Online Comment About Him / Victor Osimhen’s Attack On Victor Ikpeba Was Unprovoked And Disrespectful / Insigne Rubbishes Talks Of Him Angry At Osimhen For "Stealing" His Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by robosky02(m): 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2022
Humble yourself, learn, emulate Salah, Mane – Ikpeba hits back at Osimhen

Former Nigeria international Victor Ikpeba has told Napoli striker, Victor Osimhen to humble himself and emulate the likes of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane of Liverpool.

Ikpeba believes the young striker took his reaction over comments he(Ikpeba) made about in the aftermath of Nigeria’s defeat to Ghana too far.

Ikpeba, a former Aftican Footballer of the Year and Monaco’s all-time top scorer in European competitions with 14 goals, had shared his opinion on Osimhen attempting to score a spectacular goal while Nigeria was in dire need of a goal to clinch Qatar ticket.

Osimhen, however, took to social media to tackle the 1996 Olympics gold medalist.

“I have seen the timeline of what happened, I can be the father to the young Victor, I have seen Victor before, very modest good young lad,” Ikpeba told Channels TV.

“A lot of things came to play, sometimes players can take decisions because of emotions and respond, so I’ve really moved on.

“Victor is one of those players that have a lot of character. He still needs to grow up, he’s not yet the finished article, he’s going to be one of our top players in the future, but he needs to humble himself and try to learn.

“It’s a learning process, he knows how many years it took him to be in Napoli so my only advice to him is to look at the way the likes of Salah, Mane carry themselves and concentrate on his footballing career,” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/19/humble-yourself-learn-emulate-salah-mane-ikpeba-hits-back-at-osimhen/

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by Obagofixxy: 1:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
I thought ipkeba Don forget the matter

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by Promoter2: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
He's doing well for himself Sha. Considering where he came from and where he is now, I guess he has achieved all he ever wanted. His choice though.

I sell foreign used generators, industrial and for home use.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by DJGiore: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
you people should not kee una sef oo

6 Likes

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by osejie17(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by 9jayes: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
This pundit is still pained.

“I go continue to dey do am, no be that pundit go tell me wetin to do.”

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by Kingosytex(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
We all are unique in our own ways. Why should Osimhen strive to be like Salah and Mane? Why won't Mane and Salah be like Osimhen?
Mane is Mane, Salah is Salah and Osimhen is Osimhen.

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by BESTScientist1: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
Lord fill us with humility.......A unique virtue, that's requires XTRA effort to sustain when blessed....Very difficult....Man U will miss this dude below today

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by Holywizard: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ikpeba is right because once he stops scoring as a striker, Italian fans will forget his good deeds.
He should work more on his finishes

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by ekobami: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
Word!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by rattlesnake(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
osimen with his uselesss bicycle kick

9 Likes

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by Skillsnigeria: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
grin
Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by sfinkzslot(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
Uncle Ikpeba should leave the boy, this is not the time abeg!

28 Likes

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by Danielle09: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
See headline just to make users click

Just some words of encouragement from Ikpeba to Osimhen and the OP is making it seem like his hitting back at him

Journalism in Nigeria still has a long way to go
undecided

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by 9japarts: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ikpeba too talk abeg, he should respect himself. He told you to mind your business the first time, instead of listening, he will rather use his sons mate to shine.

Shutdown your car with your phone remotely. Check my signature. Tracker

6 Likes

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by halaqasa: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2022
Make ikpeba sef rest

7 Likes

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by WibusJaga: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2022

Are bloggers trying to recycle an old gist or is this a new jab from Ikpeba? If it's the latter, then I'll advise Ikpeba to rest his mouth.

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by aribisala0(m): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2022
Obagofixxy:
I thought ipkeba Don forget the matter
bloggers must chop
Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by MajorOvakporaye(f): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
angry
Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by Kizzygentle: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
X
Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ikpeba deserves a savage response this time angry

5 Likes

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by Gravity56: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
G
Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by ComeToJesus: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2022
He didn't "hit back" as captioned. He gave a fatherly advice.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by Passionate888: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2022
See person wey follow dey then super eagles mafia dey tell person to calm down. grin

6 Likes

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by Mightymanna(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2022
This is where the word 'nonrefundable' was coined.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by FireUpNow(m): 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2022
Make una free Osimhen jare, I hear one time like that how a Nigerian player scored against Nigeria in a world cup qualifier. Osimhen nor score against Nigeria na. Abegi make Ikpeba free the matter jare

6 Likes

Re: Ikpeba Hits Back At Osimhen: Humble Yourself, Learn, Emulate Salah, Mane by christejames(m): 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2022
And he has stayed with MO Salah and Mane enough to know they are humble?

Before his 'irrational' critic of Osimhen's shot at goal which has degenerated into this 'ill-advises', is Osimhen not one of the most down to earth players of the Super Eagles? Always relating with fans and people around him.

What I know is that Osimhen is one of the most passionate players of the present crop of Eagles. He gives his all whenever he is in the green jersies. Even in the last match it was evident.

This man should rest abeg... Allow Osimhen to concentrate on his career.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Reaches 250m Followers On Instagram, Becomes The First Person / Kanu Nwankwo And His Wife, Amara, Working Out / Emmanuel Emenike Celebrates His 33rd Birthday, Gets Wishes From CAF, NFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.