Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

...........quitting Medical School Soon - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ...........quitting Medical School Soon (626 Views)

Olajide Rilwan Lekan Graduates From Russian Medical School With As / UNN Medical School Thread / Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

...........quitting Medical School Soon by Dronyemachi53(m): 3:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
It has been my earnest desire to become a medical doctor but of late I have being stuck in final year of med school for two years now;not due to result issues or so rather the governor is owing the TEACHING HOSPITAL STAFF FOR MORE THAN 24 MONTHS.

I'm in my early thirties and wish to settle down next year.The issues about the TEACHING HOSPITAL is complicated and the GOVERNOR ALLEGEDLY BOUGHT A RANGE ROVER FOR SOMEONE AS RUMOURED SHA.

I wish to dive into tech and supply business.

I pray karma favours me and circumstances improves around me.

God bless

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by Ebubu3: 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2022
Dronyemachi53:
It has been my earnest desire to become a medical doctor but of late I have being stuck in final year of med school for two years now;not due to result issues or so rather the governor have being oweing the TEACHING HOSPITAL STAFF FOR MORE THAN 24 MONTHS.

I'm in my early thirties and wish to settle down next year.The issues about the TEACHING HOSPITAL is complicated and the GOVERNOR ALLEGEDLY BOUGHT A RANGE ROVER FOR SOMEONE AS RUMOURED SHA.

God bless

But you’ve spent about 8 years so far

It’s never late to change career though. People change even at 40s. Moreover, financially Doctor is overrated. They just enjoy the privilege of respect for being healers. But financially na peanuts them dey chop.

Legitimate Swimmers are politicians first, business men, celebrities then Tech boys second.

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by jansonn(m): 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2022
Its a painful thing bro but don't give up. I'm actually in same state, was first in an unaccredited med school, spent 3 years then left and started again in another one. Suppose to graduate this year and ASUU has delayed me so much that I don't know when I'd graduate again. I've been busy with tech though (front end dev.) So, pls don't give up. You can start the tech now, anytime they call you guys go and collect your MBBS. You've worked for it so you deserve it. Nigeria is a really frustrating oo, I just pray God gives us the strength to push on and possibly travel abroad some day

2 Likes

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by Ebubu3: 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2022
jansonn:
Its a painful thing bro but don't give up. I'm actually in same state, was first in an unaccredited med school, spent 3 years then left and started again in another one. Suppose to graduate this year and ASUU has delayed me so much that I don't know when I'd graduate again. I've been busy with tech though (front end dev.) So, pls don't give up. You can start the tech now, anytime they call you guys go and collect your MBBS. You've worked for it so you deserve it. Nigeria is a really frustrating oo, I just pray God gives us the strength to push on and possibly travel abroad some day
traveling abroad is key cos doctors don’t earn much in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by Idaytesj29(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2022
jansonn:

How do I delve into tech ? Like the front end. How do I start? Where do I reg? Thanks

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by jansonn(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
Idaytesj29:

How do I delve into tech ? Like the front end. How do I start? Where do I reg? Thanks
Well, I don't really have a tutor, so I get resources online by myself. On YouTube and all. But for a beginner, I'd recommend http://microverse.org, it really helped me then.

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by Idaytesj29(m): 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
jansonn:

Well, I don't really have a tutor, so I get resources online by myself. On YouTube and all. But for a beginner, I'd recommend http://microverse.org, it really helped me then.

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by jansonn(m): 5:36pm On Apr 19, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Thanks alot
U wlcm
Stay hopeful
Everything will work out well.

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2022
jansonn:

What's the name of the unaccredited med school?

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by thesicilian: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2022
My advice is, don't quit. Get your degree and get out. And by out I mean you can leave the country or go fully into your tech career. But you're already at the end and it doesn't take much from you to weather it out till the end. While waiting for your school to sort out their problems you can start self-tutoring on the tech career.

I say this because in as much as the tech industry is more of ability than degrees, there are still places you can get to because of your degree that others without one can't get to.

2 Likes

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by jansonn(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
Miracood2:

What's the name of the unaccredited med school?
Kogi state university

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
jansonn:

Kogi state university

Ok.

I guess ur doing your internship right?

You can just apply another teaching hospital and run your intern there na?

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by Idaytesj29(m): 6:11pm On Apr 19, 2022
jansonn:

U wlcm
Stay hopeful
Everything will work out well.

Amen bro! I just registered with them.

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by jansonn(m): 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2022
Miracood2:

Ok.

I guess ur doing your internship right?

You can just apply another teaching hospital and run your intern there na?
Noo, ASUU has added 2 years to my stay

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by arthurwillia(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2022
Dronyemachi53:
It has been my earnest desire to become a medical doctor but of late I have being stuck in final year of med school for two years now;not due to result issues or so rather the governor is owing the TEACHING HOSPITAL STAFF FOR MORE THAN 24 MONTHS.

God bless

Good luck
If you no quit am then you be weyreyyy

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by optm(m): 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2022
It's good you are considering going into tech while anticipating they sort out the lingering issue.

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by CentiLion(m): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2022
Sorry Sha! Please don't quit . You can run ur business now and when the issue is sorted with ASUU and your state government.
Btw, is the school ABSUTH?

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by winnersilver22: 8:00pm On Apr 19, 2022
lol! sometime med school is frustrating and our government is not helping mater with recurrent strike which can deteriorate student zeal. I feel your pain bro, was once in your shoe before graduating from med school. just do not give up!, make use of other opportunity until your school resolve their issue.!

1 Like

Re: ...........quitting Medical School Soon by Dronyemachi53(m): 9:36pm On Apr 19, 2022
arthurwillia:

Good luck
If you no quit am then you be weyreyyy
tnx bro..right now I have dwindling finance

(1) (Reply)

Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? / Breaking: 2023 WASSCE Result Is Out, WAEC Gives Important Instruction To All Can / Is UK Government Offering £10,000 International Relocation Payment For Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.