Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve (770 Views)

Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by caution001: 6:53am On Apr 21, 2022
Please don't mind my English,
Dear Nairalanders,
Will you go ahead to marry someone your parents disapprove due to their family history and background (witches and wizard things).
I am seriously in love with a lady I met some months ago. But I summon the courage to tell my pman and mother of which they disagree, that those people are very wicked and they are not in support of my decision I am in my late 30s, I am still staying with my parents but I am planning to leave soon.
Over six years, I don't seem to understand everything about myself when it comes to relationship because ladies just dey chopped my money and go. But this lady in the context has stand with me in few months we knew each other and she doesn't demand for anything ( airtime, money etc).
This Lady has good characters, morals and ethic values that I think a woman should have.
What can I do to have this lady because I really love her to be the mother of my children.
Please I need a reasonable advice before I reach my conclusions because I am getting depressed, nervous and feeling bad.
Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by EmptyGarden(m): 6:54am On Apr 21, 2022
NO.
I wouldn't even bother about the reason for disapproval....
Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by Kriss216: 7:01am On Apr 21, 2022
When a man is madly in love with a Nigerian girl, it's best he listen to his family when making marital choice.

A man in love is a man without a working brain.

6 Likes

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 21, 2022
Na me dey marry or na my parent?
That parent must be stvvpid to think they can tell you who you go marry.

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 21, 2022
Kriss216:
This is my alternate account everyone.
Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by BigRocky: 7:04am On Apr 21, 2022
Tough question

Try reason with them and see if they changed their mind.

Be ready to face any consequences resulting from your action though

Oga move out of ur parent house asap

2 Likes

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by JERRY1925(m): 7:13am On Apr 21, 2022
Well, some months ago I was kinda in similar situation..where the girl parent rejected me. In my case, I had no issue with the parent because if their daughter decided to be with me, her parent decision would mean nothing to me. But she decided to break up with me. Well, story short, I got married this year to someone that loved me. The sad thing is, she is still sad about everything and single filled with regrets probably.

To my point..you the man. You in a critical situation.
Do what makes u happy.
Said thing is, my case was easy because my family loved the said girl. So even if her family did not like me, what my family had for her was just enough to keep her going. I always say to her, if my family love u, ur parent will come around soon.

If u can protect her from your family, get married to her.
If u cannot protect her from your family..let her go.

But truth is, whoever let go will be the one filled with regrets.

For me..I won't bend to me parents mostly when it's about marriage.

In marriage ur parents will not make decisions for u. Infact they will be far from you.
So get married to who gives to joy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 21, 2022
Well you have to be reasonable, detach your emotion and quietly investigate the allegations,make they no use you for blood sacrifice for their coven... Even if it is true and your lady is a nice person, it is left for you to decide if you are ready to live with the consequences. Like one proverb says having good inlaws is as important as having a good wife...

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by muyico(m): 7:17am On Apr 21, 2022
Food 4 though

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by bibianna(f): 7:21am On Apr 21, 2022
It depends!

I think what to consider here, is if I've seen and learnt so many good moral qualities throughout my stay with them. And I am certain that they made me a right choice.

Then it's a Yes for me! smiley

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by LordIsaac(m): 7:23am On Apr 21, 2022
If they are religious fanatics or Pharisees, I will. However, if their fears are founded on logic and facts, I may reconsider.
Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by Tenshades(m): 7:24am On Apr 21, 2022
Parents won't live with you forever as your grandparents are not living with your parents currently.

Most times, your partner's parents will have wrong impression about you because they are not as close to you as your partner who knows you more than they do.

Ask them the reasons they feel your partner isn't good for you and observe how their reasons reek of selfishness.

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by Islandlady(f): 7:29am On Apr 21, 2022
In some cases like this you have to go with your parents advise becos marriage these days are not worth dying for

Your family will always be there, but if you turn your back on them there won't be a place to run to, when things go wrong

Your parents must have seen reasons why you shouldn't marry him or her

Think about it

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by everythinggirly(f): 7:34am On Apr 21, 2022
The truth is that, she's gonna spend the rest of her life with you, not your parent, just pray to your God to help you.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by AroOkigbo(m): 7:39am On Apr 21, 2022
Listen to your parents. ..e get why.
They see what you aren't seeing. I'm certain if her parents know dat your parents have disapproved, they too won't be in support.

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by bibianna(f): 7:40am On Apr 21, 2022
Oh sorry, my initial post was an error! smiley

For me, I wouldn't go ahead if they don't approve of him. My parents are awesome and that's why at the early stage of my relationship, its wise to get their opinion before it gets too difficult to let go.

Period! wink

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by AsomArchitectNG(m): 8:18am On Apr 21, 2022
Do what you think is best for you. You know her best and know what's good for you as your parents can only advise you based on what they know but you're to make the final decision.

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by JERRY1925(m): 8:37am On Apr 21, 2022
Islandlady:
In some cases like this you have to go with your parents advise becos marriage these days are not worth dying for

Your family will always be there, but if you turn your back on them there won't be a place to run to, when things go wrong

Your parents must have seen reasons why you shouldn't marry him or her

Think about it

Do u know one good thing about parents?

U can't always turn ur back on them.

No matter the sin uv committed they always gat ur back.

Even when marriage they rejected turns out bad..Trust me, parents are the first to console and say all will be fine...but we warned u.

But if u miss that opportunity of being with the one that gives u peace..it will hunt u for the rest of life.

Parents have no issue..reason I don't really get scared of my parents when making decisions. They always come when needed.

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by JERRY1925(m): 8:40am On Apr 21, 2022
bibianna:
Oh sorry, my initial post was an error! smiley

For me, I wouldn't go ahead if they don't approve of him. My parents are awesome and that's why at the early stage of my relationship, its wise to get their opinion before it gets too difficult to let go.

Period! wink

A good parent won't make u sad. As long as uv prayed and seen the will of God in marriage..a good parent should pray and support u.

My parents won't reject anyone to ur face..they will just tell u..we will pray.
And u will be surprised..the relationship will just scatter.

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by Goldbw122(m): 9:13am On Apr 21, 2022
Kriss216:
When a man is madly in love with a Nigerian girl, it's best he listen to his family when making marital choice.

A man in love is a man without a working brain.
Wisdom

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by caution001: 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
Thank you everyone, how do I break up Since I don't want to disappoint my parents..
Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by olafunny(m): 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
The only reason I'm still single now is because my parents rejected the lady I dated for 4yyears. At first, I damned their rejection and planned to go ahead, but things went really badly for me. We're no longer together and I'm glad she's engaged to someone else. She's happy I guess. The point is listen to your parents. They're not an enemy you wanna make.

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by caution001: 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
olafunny:
The only reason I'm still single now is because my parents rejected the lady I dated for 4yyears. At first, I damned their rejection and planned to go ahead, but things went really badly for me. We're no longer together and I'm glad she's engaged to someone else. She's happy I guess. The point is listen to your parents. They're not an enemy you wanna make.

Thank you bro.
Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by Dickson178(m): 5:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
Well , if I'm you , I'll tell my parents how much I really love her. But since they said you should not marry her , go ahead and confused your parents because wen things turn down your parents wouldn't be there for you. The best way for you now is to confuse them on how much you love her so that their mind would be there too . They can give you go ahead with her . And you too try to know if she really loves you , cuz marriage this days is something else, and besides how old is she? If she seniored you, brother I disagree with the marriage and thumbs up on what your parents say. Cuz lady pretend wen they're like 35yrs upward.

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by yuping(m): 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
caution001:
Please don't mind my English,
undecided Baba calm down is just month and you are already head over hills for her now judge yourself. You have been with Your parent all your life but choose to side with someone you recently meet it all shades of wrong any one can act perfectly for months, some even years. study her very well before you can even bring this up.

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead And Marry Someone Your Parents Doesn’t Approve by caution001: 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
yuping:
undecided Baba calm down is just month and you are already head over hills for her now judge yourself. You have been with Your parent all your life but choose to side with someone you recently meet it all shades of wrong any one can act perfectly for months, some even years. study her very well before you can even bring this up.
cool

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This creative Blue Biro Drawings / Reasons Why Successful Women Hardly Find Spouses / Live Drama As Lady Catches Strange Girl With Her Hubby In Their Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.