Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

The Best Way to Break Up? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best Way to Break Up? (5978 Views)

The Best Way To Keep Your Girl (picture) / The Best Way To Break-up With Someone You Are Tired Of? / Best Way To Forget About A Girl You Love That Doesnt Care About U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Z4M4eva(f): 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2005
Just say:

this: "You talked about the future, and that freaked me out. It makes me sick to think about it."

or this: "We have the perfect love at the wrong time...I'm so sorry."

or this:"You mean more to me than life itself - but I'm suicidal - so F**K off!"

or this:"This is MY gig, and if you CAN'T GET that it's MY gig, then there is no place for you in my life. There's NO more (me) and (you)."

There are so many ways to break up with your guy/girl

Through the phone

Face To Face

Letters

Through Text, e.tc

But I prefer the Face To Face[b] anyday[/b], break up through the phone is just being a "coward", letters is not really nice, text is the most silliest, and um...wat else... undecided, nowt.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by solomon(m): 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2005
It's a difficult task just say to him/her that u know more interested.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by julietnice(f): 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2006
i feel there is no easy way to break up with someone u love
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by julietnice(f): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2006
becos is not really going to be easy at all.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by curiousNja(f): 2:19am On Apr 10, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe if you say the easy way to break up.

Hum this is the way i do it.

I try to avoid the lady for a while, as in seeing each other, and also at the same time maintaining the distance i am creating, and being kind of trying to avoid long conversations on the phone. By saying i got to go, after talking for a while etc.

The next step, after like a week of that, i would just call her for lunch or dinner, and tell her what i feel about the relationship and the reason i want it quits. And that way i have tried to avoid a lot of drama.

I have a problem with the whole "trying to avoid the lady, maintaining the distance thing, trying to avoid drama' It is emotionally painful on the woman's end when she tries to figure out why you are acting that way. If you are pretty sure you want to breakup, breakup already.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Damest09(f): 12:38am On May 04, 2006
There is mobile phone nowadays so 'just text'.text message is good.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by babymine(f): 10:42am On May 04, 2006
There's no best way to break up. No matter how you do it, it's gonna hurt someone.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Idleflirt(f): 4:16am On Jun 13, 2006
@Z4M4eva
I agree with you all the way.

If i was in such a position i wouldn't tell the guy plain blank "i don't want to be with you and there is nothing you can do or say to let me change my mind." I don't care if i break is heart after all he is a guy it was bound to happen.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by desiree(f): 11:47am On Jun 13, 2006
True the text message break up is the worst thing that could happen to anyone, the best thing is to go out to a neutral place and tell him face to face. I admit i had to use the text message with my ex, after i told him one on one, I can't do this anymore, it is wearing me out physically and mentally and it would be the best thing for both of us to end it here but he didn't stop calling and coming uninvited to my place.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by 2fine4u(f): 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2006
there ain't no best way to break up, it's an awful situation.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Nosu(m): 10:52pm On Jun 13, 2006
the best way to break up is not to go into a relationship when u know u don't love the person, u are not ready to be faithful and commited and u don't understand what is love.

love is 1 cor 13

1 Corinthians 13
Love
1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Lcoolbabe(f): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2006
I think all of you have answered in your own interest. There is no best way untill it happens to you. Breaking up could come up anyhow, anyway and anywhere. The method u have in mind to use may not be what u will use at last. But come to think of it, why should we go into a relationship when we are not ready to keep it no matter the circumstances? wink
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Screenster: 1:09am On Jul 09, 2007
I am just on the verge of breaking up with my bf. We have only been together a few weeks, but I've realized this or he is not what I thought I wanted.  I feel terrible as he is a lovely man and I'm not just saying that, he truly is.  But everythings complicated, he had 2 kids which he is a wonderfull dad to, seeing them alot, taking them out etc, and at first I was ok with this, but now I'm not, and I'm not sure why I feel about this.  He's in the process of going to courts over custody etc and I don't want to be in the middle of this. May sound selfish but it's how I feel.

I know he's crazy about me, calls me every day, shows me, introduces me to lots of friends etc, but I just don't feel the same way anymore-it's so confusing  embarassed

I need to find the most un-upsetting way to break up with him, but I'm lost. I don't want to say it's his kids that are putting me off as he'll be heartbroken by this, so any advice please? Thanks
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Aladunni(f): 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2007
I know there is no best way to break a relationship.

But i can tell you the worst and annoying way. Walking Away.
It shows total cowardice and immatured heart.
Calling stops, SMS ceases, visits becomes a taboo, when u ask "am busy these days".
People that does that, i wonder if they feel paths will never meet forever.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by omoekoo(f): 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2007
@topic
take her out on date, to the most exquisite place around, show her how much u cherish her and wish ur relationship culd continue for ever but sometimes, peoples path meet to part again. conclude ur story with you'll miss her and that she\s th best yet. always look into her eyes and dont allow her ask u any questions. good luck
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2008
Just use something he did to you as an excuse and tell him u think he dosent care enough for you, that shd do it
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by asas(f): 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2008
tell him or her u dnt fink its goin 2 work ,in some cases some pple say dnt see a future cuz he or she is yoruba, igbo or hausa, i hav a friend who her boyfriend broke up with her cuz he said his old man says he can only date a yoruba gal !!!and he is now chasing a calabar gal
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by mjsroxs(f): 11:10pm On Mar 05, 2008
omg!
someone yesterday told me a really rude way to break up!

they said,

what's lover with out the "L".
it's over.

I was just shocked cheesy
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Shokoloko(f): 11:21pm On Mar 05, 2008
sit down and tell the person what you hate abt the relationship but frank butgentle. dont make an enemy out of your ex or potential ex. tell the person you will hurt each other badly and you care for him/her still so you dont want that. i've done this before and til today he's my friend. we even went out for lunch last week. mind you, in the company of my current guy's sista and their cousin.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by tempestous: 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2008
@post
you can tell him:
"what's love got to do with us? who needs a heart when a heart can be broken. am sorry, i dnt want love right now. am scared you'll break it. so we must part ways. just know that i love you, that's why am letting you go" cheesy cheesy
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by LadyT(f): 11:29pm On Mar 05, 2008
Start a big fight out of nowhere, maybe she'll dump you!
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by ariblaze(m): 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2008
is there a good way to break up?
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by tempestous: 11:36pm On Mar 05, 2008
ariblaze:

is there a good way to break up?
that's what the poster is asking. . .so is there? tongue
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by almondjoy(f): 1:26am On Mar 06, 2008
Depending on the personalies and circumstances, approaches may vary. Sometimes action would better be used to speak louder than words. In anycase, only when it is safe to do so. kiss
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Salena: 2:27am On Mar 25, 2008
to me solomon gave the best advice. You come out plain and say it. It hurts really when one is not honest and frank and open. That what hurts not the rejection really. Delaying or beating around the bush, or giving signals no no no please. That hurts more than the rejection itself.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by mystikal(m): 9:00am On Mar 26, 2008
wt can really be annoying is if the the person u're breaking up with doesnt see reasons with you, still believing u can work it out.

It makes u really mean just 2 prove ur point.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by JUNIT1(m): 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2008
just bone the gal and walk, after a while she will realize what you mean, any guy feeling me?
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2008
I was in a relationship and men i liked the girl but i saw we not going anywhere so i stopped calling her for while, later she compalined and i called her in the normal nit calls and told her ' am sorrry, I was in another relationship all the while' i begged for 4giveness for double dating and asked she 4gives me. She felt a bit badbut not as she could have felt if i had told her I am fed up wih her
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by lolaluv(f): 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2008
i want to end my relationship with my boyfriend,becos he is boring and ahe is a muslim but my parent wants me to marry a christian,i told him but he said he's going to change to a christian,now am afraid cos after our marriage he can change and become a muslim becos he's the only son of his family,moreover i am fed up of this relationship cos he's a bloody liar he lies alot.wat should i do?
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Seun(m): 2:34pm On Apr 10, 2008
His lying is more important than the other things.
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by Elia(f): 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2008
[color=#770077][/color] If there is anything i miss being married is breaking the heart of those so called guys! Some yeye ones go want to confuse you with tears.

Dear Nairalanders, from my little experience, once a guy has fallen out of love with you, he becomes so carlous and nothing you say opr do will make him change his mind, so me no de sori for man. But the sweetest thing is that no man ever had the priviledge to break my heart!

From the experiences of family and friends, i guarded seriously against that, even though i had to pretend so hard that i love when i really dont. And guss what? the philiosophy worked! By the time i give am GBOSA he wont know wehere it hit him. I broke hearts, and i dont regret it one bit.

But when i finally fell in love, i just quit the business of breaking hearts and got married---------------------HAPPILY MARRIED FOR THAT MATTER.

Sisters, i encourage you to follow my way or at least be on guard from those Devil
Re: The Best Way to Break Up? by ashe2(f): 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2008
ZM4UEVA or wat eva u ve actually not bin jilted or on the other side hav u heard of the law of Karma? wen it happens to u u would understand dat really dere is no easy way to break up either which way with silence or saying it bluntly or running away ur ex partner to be still gets hurt and would neva understand why.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am I The Most Handsome Nairalander?? (photo) Ladies Only / What Should You Do If Your Girlfriend Continues Denying You Sex In Your Relation / Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.