Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help (38676 Views)

94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Keeper388: 6:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
This is deep......
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by shege45: 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
tammyf:

It's possible bro.mine changed from AS to AA after a 3 days fast indoors....I mean total dry fast .no pastor involved ..its in us all to do the impossible but we never harness it based on ignorance and laziness....this is a personal experience bro.i took the challenge when I understood my ex fiancee then was AS and I didn't want to lose her.we r all gods but we know not.
yinmu. U wer never AS
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by 2braithe: 6:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
DMerciful:
Una too like esxcuses!

Did I lie?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by May1st: 6:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

LORD HAVE MERCY,, am catholic I cannot proceed with such horrific thing

What nunsense. So you want to give the child a life of suffering because of your religious belief? You are iinsane.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by yunqdady: 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
hope4nigeria:
be calming down oh, you cannot rule out mumu people among us na
She's very selfish. Foolishly too. Quoting religion. Religion kill her there.
If you have ever had to care6for SS children before, you will carry gun and shoot this OP. Mad woman

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by okpurukata(f): 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
andico34:
it is not true....from what the op wrote she lives in Europe (since such tests are rare here in nigeria or cannot be carried out) ...and thus a better chance if survival past the age of 5.....@Djiri have your baby boy ,..manage the critical age of 6 months to 2.5years well ....when he gets to 3 plus place him (with doctor recommendation of course) on hydroxyurea...to enable his fetal hemoglobin induction.....and then plan for a bone marrow transplant down the line if you can fund it.....but with hydroxyurea he can leave a near normal life free from severe vaso occulusive crisis etc.....you will be happy for it

My son was in hydroxyurea for over 6yrs. All tge routine drugs. Both him and myself went through a lot of stress. His were physical pains, mine mental and emotional. I still lost him. Its so so painful. I am emotional right now. I dont wish sickle cell on any human being.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by stasius: 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
Abortion?

The Pope must hear this. Sincerely it is a dicey situation.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Ganiyu2021: 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2022

you better listen to the advice because a bigger bomb is loading on it way
Djriri:
My partner and I are aware of our genotype situation both of us carry AS gene we both have a child together my first daughter who is AS genotype PRAISE THE LORD.

After finding out that I am also AS my partner after the birth of my daughter has told me he didn’t want to continue having children with me and would rather we both raise the child and get new partners. we want to let that connection go and 1 year later currently I’m pregnant with a baby boy who is now carrying the SS gene.

My partner has moved out of house ,, Paid me money to abort the baby and he went to start a new life far from me and the baby. I’m not sure if I should use the money abort the child and start my life or keep the child and pray for Gods forgiveness!!!!

HELPPPP ME
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Nekky5(f): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
This is strong oooo!!!!! The deed is done!! God have mercy!!
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by remzytimer: 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
Don't create a problem that will sniff life out of you.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Bbbw: 6:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
Oh
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:
My partner and I are aware of our genotype situation both of us carry AS gene we both have a child together my first daughter who is AS genotype PRAISE THE LORD.

After finding out that I am also AS my partner after the birth of my daughter has told me he didn’t want to continue having children with me and would rather we both raise the child and get new partners. we want to let that connection go and 1 year later currently I’m pregnant with a baby boy who is now carrying the SS gene.

My partner has moved out of house ,, Paid me money to abort the baby and he went to start a new life far from me and the baby. I’m not sure if I should use the money abort the child and start my life or keep the child and pray for Gods forgiveness!!!!

HELPPPP ME

Zoom into that pic below (GRAPHIC)

Foestuses are human with life.
Don't let the devil deceive you otherwise.

You have no right to take a life.

You made a mistake and got pregnant again.
Be woman enough to bear the consequences of your action.

You may suffer and the child may suffer too, GOD will see you both through it.

Those advising you to abort are people who never give thought to the consequences of their action.

They have not reasoned they could die in the process of abortion.

Once they realise both they and the baby could loose their lives in the process of abortion, they no longer pick abortion as a choice.

Why? Because their own lives are now at risk at being lost.

They can take a life, and see it as no problem because it is not theirs.
But as soon as the Doc tells them their own lives could be at risk, they keep the baby.

GOD bends no law in favoritism to no one.
If you do wrong and suffer for it, bear it.

The easy way out is NOT always the best way out in GOD's eyes.

All in all, I know this story is as FAKE as they come.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by 2braithe: 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Then its better to stick with condoms.

Everything has it's disadvantage. cheesy

Family planning:Not 100% sure
Condoms: Can break,the sensation will reduce
Pills:I heard excess can cause fibroid.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Brownshoe: 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
Op you well so? Better come ask me what my eye dey see, you go fear fear, wicked mother you are, sometimes i just feel my parents never met each other,

Coming from 36 years old SS.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Ayoife23: 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
Pls don't abort the child. Is very risky apart from that you will be a murderal which is a sin. Inbox me in my gmail i will tell you what to do: Adioayodeji23@gmail.com
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Brownshoe: 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2022
Tradegood:

Zoom into that pic below (GRAPHIC)

Foestuses are human with life.
Don't let the devil deceive you otherwise.

You have no right to take a life.

You made a mistake and got pregnant again.
Be woman enough to bear the consequences of your action.

You may suffer and the child may suffer too, GOD will see you both through it.

Those advising you to abort are people who never give thought to the consequences of their action.

They have not reason they could die in the process of abortion.

Once they realise both they a d the baby could loose their life in the process of abortion, they no longer pick abortion as a choice.

Why? Because their own lives are not at risk at being lost.
They can take a life, and see it as no problem because it is not theirs. But as soon as the Doc tells them their own lifestyle could be lost too, they keep the baby.

let her abort jare
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
Brownshoe:
let her abort jare

Re.d Demon Piller, abeg, get thee behind me.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by grandstar(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
"Fear the true God and keep his commandments" (Read Eccl 12:13-14)

Keep the baby

It's a big sacrifice. Don't make the same mistake again. Your ex is in great pains. He probably hates with all his heart the present dilemma.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
Ayoife23:
Pls don't abort the child. Is very risky apart from that you will be a murderal which is a sin. Inbox me in my gmail i will tell you what to do: Adioayodeji23@gmail.com
@Djriri
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
rentAcock:
Don't listen to all these child murderers telling you to abort the fetus. Seems like you are somewhere in Europe, your child has a better chance of living a decent life for the mere fact that they have better medical services. Who knows if some groundbreaking discovery will eradicate the SS crisis in the future and probably enable SS patients live a long healthy life? I know SS patients in their 50s, don't let these people make you commit an abominable act just because they lack faith and have a myopic view of the future.

@Djriri
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
Fumiosasaki1:
Please don't kill the child. Please.
@Djriri
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2022
armyofone:

Ms. Riri/ Op

Please take note- since in your heart you don't want to abort. Take care of yourself and your children.
@djriri
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by mrkia(m): 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2022
Which advice will I give now

Besides how did you find out you're carrying ss baby?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2022
zakkxx:
You and your partner are Aware!! You are both foolish! Don’t try God! U knew it! And don’t ever try to kill that child! If u try it u will burn in Hell!
@Djriri
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
Christistruth02:

The Child is a from God

People from Osun State have been using Herbs like Dogonyaro , moringa, camel mi!k and camel bones, bitter kola to manage it Successfully

My Aunty is 74, her Sister is 71 and their brother is 68 they are all SS and still giving God al! the Glory
@Djriri
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by favour32(m): 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
Na mumu nai dey ignore genotype as soon as serious relationship starts.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by DisLifeSha: 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2022
I'm an AS. I discipline myself not just to sleep with a lady but until I know you're AA

Djriri:

HELPPPP ME

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by bigiyaro(m): 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2022
You better go n abort it.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2022
venabili:

Vote me as president. We will outlaw AA from marrying AA so as to create adequate supply of AA for AS to marry.

Makes a whole lot of sense.

But wouldn't you say your approach seems a little tyrannical?

Orientation would work, using all Radios and TV stations and Newspapers, in English, Pidgin and Mothertongues to preach this message every day as an act of, giving back to the society, by these Media houses.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
OKOATA:
Bone marrow transplant is about $85k, plus the blood transfusion, and platelets they take often. I hope you will be able to provide the money for her when the baby needs it or start to suffer because it seems you na SS.

Did she mention she is financially handicapped?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Boatswain: 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
Indeed abortion is wrong but believe me that you will one day consider killing the child yourself (due to indecision right now) when the suffering becomes unbearable for the child and inevitable you too...
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Brooke60(f): 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

Cost €184.5.
Where was this done please? Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Foods That Boost Sexual Appetite May Not Work For Virgins - Chefs / Chinese Doctors In Nigeria End 14-Day Isolation Today / Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.