Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help (38666 Views)

94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Rubbiish(m): 5:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

LORD HAVE MERCY,, am catholic I cannot proceed with such horrific thing
But u are about to make that child go through a more horrific life all the days of his life on earth. U & your partner are very selfish & wicked for bringing a sickle cell child into this world. It is better to be without a child than to bring a child with sickle cell into the world. No child deserve it. A sickle cell child lives for nothing but sickness and pain all through their short stay on earth. It is a very horrible experience. You & your partner shouldn't have gone this far, that is pure selfishness!

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:
My partner and I are aware of our genotype situation both of us carry AS gene we both have a child together my first daughter who is AS genotype PRAISE THE LORD.

After finding out that I am also AS my partner after the birth of my daughter has told me he didn’t want to continue having children with me and would rather we both raise the child and get new partners. we want to let that connection go and 1 year later currently I’m pregnant with a baby boy who is now carrying the SS gene.

My partner has moved out of house ,, Paid me money to abort the baby and he went to start a new life far from me and the baby. I’m not sure if I should use the money abort the child and start my life or keep the child and pray for Gods forgiveness!!!!

HELPPPP ME
Please abort it sister
Abortion is not a sin as it's perceived in some religion worlds

Just removal of unwanted foetus...

That life you are about to welcome will curse you at the long run

Abortion is easy now unlike b4

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Dawn91(m): 5:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

This is deep! Really deep!!

Candid advice if you can abort it please do!!
°°°°what iwould do if iwere to be in your shoes°°°since it is a boy child iwont even think twice°°°°

Hopefully Allah gives you enough wisdom to do what is Right
Amin

Best comment here by miles.

May Allah continue to guide you in wisdom

Amin
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Khafsun: 5:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
venabili:

Vote me as president. We will outlaw AA from marrying AA so as to create adequate supply of AA for AS to marry.
That wouldn't actually solve the problem. AS will eventually outnumber AA. Besides, what kind of union is a forced union?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by bayobabe(f): 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
But what kind of arrangement are you guys having sef. One child no do una? You guys can be together and take of your daughter. About the boy in your womb, the best time to save him from pains is now. Best of luck.
Djriri:
My partner and I are aware of our genotype situation both of us carry AS gene we both have a child together my first daughter who is AS genotype PRAISE THE LORD.

After finding out that I am also AS my partner after the birth of my daughter has told me he didn’t want to continue having children with me and would rather we both raise the child and get new partners. we want to let that connection go and 1 year later currently I’m pregnant with a baby boy who is now carrying the SS gene.

My partner has moved out of house ,, Paid me money to abort the baby and he went to start a new life far from me and the baby. I’m not sure if I should use the money abort the child and start my life or keep the child and pray for Gods forgiveness!!!!

HELPPPP ME
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by yunqdady: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2022

2 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by OKOATA(m): 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2022
SpecialEdition:
Please �� don’t go ahead if you know the child has sickle cell.
My sister was a very enterprising lady and a successful politician.
I’m working on building a foundation in her memory.
Yes, my sister was AS and she died.
She had twins in London both SS: a boy and a girl
She became depressed because the children started having crisis before the age of 3.
Her husband left as he couldn’t cope. Yes, she was married to an AS.
The boy died at the age of 4; very suddenly
My sister died in 2020. She lost a lot of opportunities because she was always with her daughter and a employed lot of help for her daughter who was so sick she could not even go to school.
There are different types of sickle cell. Some are so sick they can’t function. They say the pain is like someone breaking your bone.
My sister’s daughter died last year.
I logged in for the first time because I needed to reply.
Imagine having money and not finding a cure. Imagine that? The people here in London go for blood transfusion at intervals. You might be lucky the child will not have that serious case but check the records. Girls survive sickle cell more than boys.
DON’T DO IT
You will carry the guilt forever because you could prevent the pain and you let the child come into the world to face it.
About the bone breaking thing I can attest to that, I was in the boarding school, there was this guy we all knew, he was always in pains, it was so sorrowful even at times I prayed he died then, we were always pressing his chest, back, all his joints, at some point we would put gyming iron on his back. He died in SS3 while writing Jamb. I have known about 4 sickle cells friends or afar which they all died and they were boys.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by HazzanTazzan(m): 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2022
Firstly, have you ever had Abortion ? If yes, why do you have issues aborting this ?

Secondly, would you rather get scared of abortion and knowingly bring a child into this world to suffer or you’d avoid future problems by simply aborting the pregnancy now that’s Foetus isn’t formed yet ?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by drerocker: 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

HELPPPP ME
their are solution but very expensive
thier is also herbal cure
but why would you married without checking ur genotype
well its 50=50 channce
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Monben: 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2022
Please don't abort. The mistake has already been done. There are very natural ways you can keep your baby healthy so that nobody would even suspect that he has an SS genotype. I am a living witness to this fact. You don't need drugs or herbs, just natural foods, fruits, and vegetables you can get on the market.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Acidosis(m): 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

Sickle cell anaemia can be TREATED via bone marrow transplant.

If your baby is O+, you sure have a better deal.

DON'T ABORT!!!

Cost? N25m?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Donpenny(m): 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
I really wish you can be more logically here than been emotionally in this situation. This will guild you towards taking the right decision. The stress of raising a sickle cell carrier child is so huge than what i can imagine. It could overwhelmed you in future and end up fustrated than even now

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by pappilo(m): 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
holsconcept:
If u actually believed God can change SS to AS, stick to your belief. Only time will tell.

This is idiotic. Abort the baby whilst you still can. Dont selfishly bring a child into this world to suffer a lifetime of pain.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by zelnababa(m): 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

LORD HAVE MERCY,, am catholic I cannot proceed with such horrific thing
eya i pity you when d problem come in the future you will feel like kill d kid once and for all.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by OKOATA(m): 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
alphabbey1:

This right here is the advice have been anticipating.

@Op
Trust me, once SS wahala come, the stress can take the mother's life. Becoming broke is already a certainty coz the child will not be far away from expensive drugs..... Except if the mother is not the caring type ....
Not to talk of the fact that most SS have stunted growth, many ss are easily noticeable from stature......
Yes some with yellow eyes, protuded stomach like kwashiorkor, very thin body, they sometimes walk as if they will fall at anytime.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
abort, abort, abort.

u won't want to see the end result once u gave birth to the baby
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by tammyf: 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
SpecialEdition:

You are joking right?

100% truth .I swear by my honour .

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by hope4nigeria(m): 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

°°°°what iwould do if iwere to be in your shoes°°°since it is a boy child iwont even think twice°°°°

Amin

Op here is the best and only advice, forget those who will bring holy holy come, you will save alot abort the baby, you equally save the baby himself facing I'll health and nigeria problems. But that nigga no love you at all, since you already have a good baby/child, if I were him, I will stay with you forever. But your husband was already looking for excuse to abandon you and he has gotten one
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Justbehave(m): 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
Dawn91:

Best comment here by miles.

May Allah continue to guide you in wisdom

Amin
When a fool talks.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Dawn91(m): 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
[s]
Justbehave:
When a fool talks.
[/s]
He gets this

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Richsteemit: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Amin

Are you Muslim or Christian?? I saw one of your when u said u went to church

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by hope4nigeria(m): 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
drerocker:

their are solution but very expensive
thier is also herbal cure
but why would you married without checking ur genotype
well its 50=50 channce
lies, no solution to SS, you want to misled someone that's fraud
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Justbehave(m): 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]
He gets this
You are a sorry of a man by saying her comment is the best. Seems you didn't comprehend the rubbish she wrote or maybe you a shameless simpLE man.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by hope4nigeria(m): 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
yunqdady:

You Are sick in the brain. You fool. I'm a nurse and will tell it to you, you are a big idiot. A fool.
I hate working in children wards because of the pain I see SS children and family go through. I wish I can curse you right now
be calming down oh, you cannot rule out mumu people among us na
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by AfroKnight: 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
You are both wicked stoopid parents.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Dawn91(m): 5:15pm On Apr 22, 2022
[s]
Justbehave:
You are a sorry of a man by saying her comment is the best. Seems you didn't comprehend the rubbish she wrote or maybe you a shameless simpLE man.
[/s]

Did you understand what she wrote yourself or do you assume like you everyone thinks with his pants ?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Dpundict: 5:15pm On Apr 22, 2022
Even with my AA genotype and O+ blood group, I have not even thought about marrying or fathering a child with someone with AS. I have my reasons for this not that I hate anyone for what they had no hand in at the point of birth but I genuinely want my kids to have AA and Something else. I know someone almost 40 but has refused to marry because he is a sufferer of the SS genotype.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by rickleye: 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

HELPPPP ME

What do you want to do ?

Options
1. Keep the baby - Caring for a child as a single parent in a society without the necessary assistance and quality of assistance will be hard. Having a child without support structure will be difficult. Think it through and thoroughly. Weigh pros and cons and void emotions.
2. Keep the baby and give it up for adoption - Again, why add to the growing number of abandon babies however he could be lucky and be adopted by loving and caring parents.
3. Abort the baby - This is not a decision taken because you were young and careless but looking at the future of the baby , It will be extremely hard. You will recover and go on and do great things. Go , seek out and support a child financially who has SS in your aborted child's name to ease your conscience. God is a forgiving father. Learn for this and do not put yourself again in such predicament.

Whatever your decision, be at peace with it.

GoodLuck !
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Unbreakable007: 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
Shey him don leave u behind?

Wise decision from the guy. And you... Devil go piss for ur head. U will suffer millions tyms more than that innocent baby u just want to bring to dz wicked Nigeria to suffer.

U will knw no peace.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Justbehave(m): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

Did you understand what she wrote yourself or do you assume like you everyone thinks with his pants ?

Did you see where she wrote that since the pregnancy is a boy that she wouldn't think twice aborting it? Do you know what it implies?

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Prettychild(f): 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

HELPPPP ME
I really don’t know what to advise you, I can’t advise you to abort the pregnancy because it’s not godly. However, ask God to forgive you, have mercy on you and direct you accordingly. In the midst of SS who died, there are a lot that are still alive. One of my juniors back then in school who is SS, though he do have crisis, he is alive, a lawyer, in good health and is married with a kid. You can encourage yourself with positive stories. Most importantly, pray to God for a miracle. Trust me Sis, miracles do happen, only have faith

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) / Overweight Man Rummages Through Rubbish Dump For Food In Cameroon(photos) / Why Foods That Boost Sexual Appetite May Not Work For Virgins - Chefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.