Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help (38667 Views)

94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Realists(m): 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

This is deep! Really deep!!

Candid advice if you can abort it please do!!
°°°°what iwould do if iwere to be in your shoes°°°since it is a boy child iwont even think twice°°°°

Hopefully Allah gives you enough wisdom to do what is Right
Amin

Allah will never support abortion.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2022
emifunrami:
If you believe in Jesus Christ don't abort the baby. Abortion is murder and a sin before God. Secondly, there's a major breakthrough drug for SS that was discovered in the UK recently,Go online to find information about it and I pray that God will guide you to do his will in this matter.
@Djriri
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Govocrete: 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
My former pastor when I was in Lagos will say “Instead of having a sleepless night vigil for a SS child, check you genotype before entering into any relationship”.

The Holy book says “Wisdom is profitable to direct”. You and your partner realize this in time but failed to allow wisdom direct you.

All I can say, is have faith.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2022
OKOATA:
About the bone breaking thing I can attest to that, I was in the boarding school, there was this guy we all knew, he was always in pains, it was so sorrowful even at times I prayed he died then, we were always pressing his chest, back, all his joints, at some point we would put gyming iron on his back. He died in SS3 while writing Jamb. I have known about 4 sickle cells friends or afar which they all died and they were boys.

Such selfish parents.
How do you send a Sickle cell Child to a Boarding School, far away from home?

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by IamV: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2022
okpurukata:

My son was in hydroxyurea for over 6yrs. All tge routine drugs. Both him and myself went through a lot of stress. His were physical pains, mine mental and emotional. I still lost him. Its so so painful. I am emotional right now. I dont wish sickle cell on any human being.

It is well.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2022
Monben:
Please don't abort. The mistake has already been done. There are very natural ways you can keep your baby healthy so that nobody would even suspect that he has an SS genotype. I am a living witness to this fact. You don't need drugs or herbs, just natural foods, fruits, and vegetables you can get on the market.
@Djriri
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by dazzlingd(m): 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:
My partner and I are aware of our genotype situation both of us carry AS gene we both have a child together my first daughter who is AS genotype PRAISE THE LORD.

After finding out that I am also AS my partner after the birth of my daughter has told me he didn’t want to continue having children with me and would rather we both raise the child and get new partners. we want to let that connection go and 1 year later currently I’m pregnant with a baby boy who is now carrying the SS gene.

My partner has moved out of house ,, Paid me money to abort the baby and he went to start a new life far from me and the baby. I’m not sure if I should use the money abort the child and start my life or keep the child and pray for Gods forgiveness!!!!

HELPPPP ME

Abort, he will eventually die
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
OKOATA:
Yes some with yellow eyes, protuded stomach like kwashiorkor, very thin body, they sometimes walk as if they will fall at anytime.

See exaggeration.

Everyone has seen a sickle cell relative or friend before. Yes but you are OVERexaggerating. Na garri and salt them they feed am?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
LordErrk:

Alright. I'm really sorry for calling you an 1diot.
Just a lot of people on this forum insult people when they don't even have an idea of what is going on
Sorry again
APOLOGY Accepted.
Please Let's start exhibiting some decorum.
I know most Nigerians are going through a lot.
But the spontaneity with which we discharge insults is appalling. I know this character is embedded in most Nigerians but it appears the situation just got worse rather than abating.

Please not ALL NAIRALANDERS are bereft of ideas. In Fact, I have got about 15 of my professional colleagues here whom I know. I'm well travelled.
I may not be RICH but at least I'm among the most comfortable people across the world.

These are not to intimidate you. Courtesy demands respect should be accorded to almost everyone, especially in the prevailing context.
I don't want to go into details about myself.
Wish we could meet, possibly u may regret more.
I drop my pen here!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
LordErrk:

A lot of genetic abnormalities can be detected, before birth. It's not even a new thing. Lol
Before you try to attack someone, please do your research so you won't sound like an 1diot

No, he genuinely wanted to know.
But was sort of advising the person not to lie while responding.

He partly believes this is a cooked up story to get women bashed.
After all, it was the woman who took in after they both realised they were AS.

The man who did not use protection even while knowing that they are both AS is free to walk.

Modified
I read up. You guys finally sorted it out.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by OKOATA(m): 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
Tradegood:

See exaggeration.

Everyone has seen a sickle cell relative or friend before. Yes but you are OVERexaggerating. Na so garri and salt them they feed am?
The experience I saw is what I'm saying, someone thats always sick how do you expect him to eat.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by yinkbell: 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
Christistruth02:

The Child is a from God

People from Osun State have been using Herbs like Dogonyaro , moringa, camel mi!k and camel bones, bitter kola to manage it Successfully

My Aunty is 74, her Sister is 71 and their brother is 68 they are all SS and still giving God al! the Glory
Will you pls explain to me how they mix up those formula up there and in what proportion do they mix it bro. I await ur reply sir.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by yinkbell: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
Christistruth02:

The Child is a from God

People from Osun State have been using Herbs like Dogonyaro , moringa, camel mi!k and camel bones, bitter kola to manage it Successfully

My Aunty is 74, her Sister is 71 and their brother is 68 they are all SS and still giving God al! the Glory

How do they mix the formula and with what proportion ? Can you pls explain the procedures? I await your reply bro
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Emacodon: 7:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
The best thing is to keep the baby because if u abort it,u have committed murder.just let God take control.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2022
OKOATA:
The experience I saw is what I'm saying, someone thats always sick how do you expect him to eat.

I believe you though but we all know how sickle cell carriers look like.
And they may not have appetite in crisis, but they do eat well like everyone else when not in crisis.
You know wetin be Kwashiokor?
That descruption bad o.

But just may be you are right, he may not have been financially buoyant enough to feed as he liked, when he liked.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
JOHNSON1920:
please, don't abort the baby because if you do, you have committed murder I.e you are a murderer.
@djriri
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
Apostlepee:
There are chinese medications with proven efficacy on S gene modification. Go ahead and have ur God given child with less worries
@djriri
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
onlinestaff2020:

My Love,

Your first child (a sickler) will not find it funny growing up.

Her first child is NOT a sickler!
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
grandstar:
"Fear the true God and keep his commandments" (Read Eccl 12:13-14)

Keep the baby

It's a big sacrifice. Don't make the same mistake again. Your ex is in great pains. He probably hates with all his heart the present dilemma.
@djrir.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
dazzlingd:

Abort, he will eventually die
And only sickle cell carriers die?

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Tradegood: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
Emacodon:
The best thing is to keep the baby because if u abort it,u have committed murder.just let God take control.
@djriri
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Lookingback: 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
I am a sickle cell patient. I know the pains I pass through while growing up , I advice you not to bring in any child into this world to suffer. Please and please.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Prettygirl200(f): 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

LORD HAVE MERCY,, am catholic I cannot proceed with such horrific thing
is that so? Then would u preferto bring an SS child into the world? Ehhh madam catholic?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by charlesdinho7(m): 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
sickle cell patient suffer immensely. this is hard but you have to abort the pregnancy.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Prettygirl200(f): 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
Madam go and abort that baby. Simple
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by gunpoint(m): 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
holsconcept:
If u actually believed God can change SS to AS, stick to your belief. Only time will tell.
Bullshite
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by LordErrk: 8:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

APOLOGY Accepted.
Please Let's start exhibiting some decorum.
I know most Nigerians are going through a lot.
But the spontaneity with which we discharge insults is appalling. I know this character is embedded in most Nigerians but it appears the situation just got worse rather than abating.

Please not ALL NAIRALANDERS are bereft of ideas. In Fact, I have got about 15 of my professional colleagues here whom I know. I'm well travelled.
I may not be RICH but at least I'm among the most comfortable people across the world.

These are not to intimidate you. Courtesy demands respect should be accorded to almost everyone, especially in the prevailing context.
I don't want to go into details about myself.
Wish we could meet, possibly u may regret more.
I drop my pen here!

Yes, I wish we could meet too. I'm sure I'd learn a lot from you during the course of my medical practice
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by harmony75: 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
Abort abort abort if it's not too late you're only going to put that child through pains and waste of time, money. Have you sat with other women with these children to know the pains and agony of an SS child and the entire family.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Emdebby2: 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
There's no advice on this issue. You both knew the implications of the genotype but went ahead to marry. Then God in His infinite goodness pardoned you and gave you your first child AS... narrow escape. Your partner was smart enough to walk away. But you were selfish, now you have brought a burden upon yourself. Please do not abort that innocent child. You don't know what he might be in the future, I've seen people who are sickler and are living normal life. The only challenge you will face is to keep spending on drugs. You have to carry your cross.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by codemaniacs: 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
OKOATA:

they are not always sick, what you call always sick is in reality been in pain... there's a difference between been in pain as a result of internal blood clots blocking the circulation of blood in the body which leads to the shutdown of vital organs in the body which then leads to death and falling sick as a result of cholera or malaria...

most sickle cell patients are lean not because they don't eat but because due to their SS genotype their bones don't naturally grow big ...

You saw only one sickle cell patient and you're using that to judge all other sickle carriers... that's very ignorant...

your comment is very ignorant...
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Jollos(m): 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
Life experience!!!

U will forever live in a regret of helplessly looking at your loved one in pain with little or nothing you can do.

I can still remember how I used to tie towel in either their hand or leg to reduce pain. I pray no one experience this again near me.

I have 2 sickle cell sisters and a brother making 3 sickle cell in my family.

I have lost 2 out of them to sickle cell anaemia.

If u like yourself do the needful before it is too late.

It is/was a terrible experience to live with.

One was sick sometimes and doctor have to tell us to leave her in the hospital and go home after some weeks.

May God erase the memory from my head
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by olabode100: 9:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:
My partner and I are aware of our genotype situation both of us carry AS gene we both have a child together my first daughter who is AS genotype PRAISE THE LORD.

After finding out that I am also AS my partner after the birth of my daughter has told me he didn’t want to continue having children with me and would rather we both raise the child and get new partners. we want to let that connection go and 1 year later currently I’m pregnant with a baby boy who is now carrying the SS gene.

My partner has moved out of house ,, Paid me money to abort the baby and he went to start a new life far from me and the baby. I’m not sure if I should use the money abort the child and start my life or keep the child and pray for Gods forgiveness!!!!

HELPPPP ME
I will never advice anyone to abort.
I believe you should be expecting something like this before now.
Its a done deal, more so that you are in abroad. Try your best and leave the rest to God. What if you don't have a child or this is your first child, will ever think otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Overweight Man Rummages Through Rubbish Dump For Food In Cameroon(photos) / Why Foods That Boost Sexual Appetite May Not Work For Virgins - Chefs / Chinese Doctors In Nigeria End 14-Day Isolation Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.