Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy (1601 Views)

Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... / Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates / Tonto Dikeh Hints At Being In A New Relationship (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Dorwadora(f): 11:18am On Apr 22, 2022
Why do some people find it hard to tell their real age at the early stage of a new relationship?.

Is it really a big deal to tell your real age?

Even during normal conversation, ask some people of their age and they'll either snub the question or tell you a wrong age.

Why?

Cc:
Seun
Lalasticala
Myndd44
Dominique
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Mrkcee(m): 11:21am On Apr 22, 2022
Why not? As a guy it's not a big deal.
But ladies would rather die than not deduct at least 2years+ from their actual years especially if she's above 25. cool

Modified: Men do not need to lie about age in relationships, but when it comes to FOOTBALL AGE forgerrit; just like d 18 years old guy below. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by slawormiir: 11:22am On Apr 22, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Big question....different reasons

Some low self esteem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by flexxyworld(m): 11:23am On Apr 22, 2022
As a Nigerian telling Age is not of the easiest things. We have age for different reasons. We have dating age, football age, work age, school age etc. I have few lady friends that have been celebrating 21years for few years now.

2 Likes

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Candidlady: 11:23am On Apr 22, 2022
Maybe some people find it embarrassing ireally don't know!!!

As an ENP ican never disclose my real age to anybody... What itell em is iam in my 20s but iknow deep down iam pushing 40t050(still leave em guessing)

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Vinnie2000(m): 11:25am On Apr 22, 2022
An evening newspaper lady should NEVER reveal her age! Only 18,19 yrs old girls can!
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Kriss216: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2022
A Nigerian Tribune evening newspaper will rather die than reveal her new age. It's in their constitution.

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Dorwadora(f): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2022
Mrkcee:
But ladies would rather die than not deduct at least 2years+ from their actual years especially if she's above 25. cool

Modified: Men do not need to lie about age in relationships, but when it comes to FOOTBALL AGE forgerrit; just like d 18 years old guy below. grin grin grin
If that guy below is 18 years old then I'll be 5 years old grin grin

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Dorwadora(f): 11:42am On Apr 22, 2022
Candidlady:
Maybe some people find it embarrassing ireally don't know!!!

As an ENP ican never disclose my real age to anybody... What itell em is iam in my 20s but iknow deep down iam pushing 40t050(still leave em guessing)
40 to 50 keh.....

Good morning ma grin
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Dorwadora(f): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2022
Vinnie2000:
An evening newspaper lady should NEVER reveal her age! Only 18,19 yrs old girls can!
Some 18 -19 years old can lie o.... Woo them and they'll tell you they are 25

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Dorwadora(f): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2022
Kriss216:
A Nigerian Tribune evening newspaper will rather die than reveal her new age. It's in their constitution.
At what age does a lady get this " Evening Newspaper" title?.
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Dorwadora(f): 11:46am On Apr 22, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Big question....different reasons

Some low self esteem

Do you give wrong age too oga?
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Kriss216: 11:47am On Apr 22, 2022
Dorwadora:
Ask palema007 and Magnoliaa their age. Their lies the answer to your question.

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by bibianna(f): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2022
It shouldn't be an issue!
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by EASYGURU(m): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2022
Mrkcee:

Omo you'd live long for such sensible comment as no 1

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Islandlady(f): 11:50am On Apr 22, 2022
Different reasons Sha

But I don't see telling my age as a big deal...infact I need to know our age difference in the relationship, so I won't end up dating a boy I can give birth to grin

2 Likes

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Mrkcee(m): 11:50am On Apr 22, 2022
EASYGURU:

Omo you'd live long for such sensible comment as no 1
Thanks comrade.
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Vinnie2000(m): 12:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Dorwadora:
From 31,32 upwards! Dats y i tell my female friends. Manage ur Boyfriend and get married to him. But, most are waiting for 'Davido' or 'kidwaya' kind of guy! Too bad!
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Magnoliaa(f): 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kriss216:
Ask palema007 and Magnoliaa their age. Their lies the answer to your question.

*ages.
*There.

Don't add illiteracy to the woes that bedevil you already, kid216.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Dorwadora(f): 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
Magnoliaa:

*ages.
*There.

grin grin grin
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by SarutobiEky(m): 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
Dawa Dawa and mumu topics cheesy
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Jenisameangal(f): 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2022
Dorwadora:
Why do some people find it hard to tell their real age at the early stage of a new relationship?.

Even during normal conversation, ask some people of their age and they'll either snub the question or tell you a wrong age.

Why?

Cc:
Seun
Lalasticala
Myndd44
Dominique

It depends, most people don't usually believe my age whenever I tell the.
I tell you my real age, you don't believe
I add a few years to my age, you don't believe
I deduct a few years from my age, you still don't believe
Wahala no dey finish angry
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Kobojunkie: 3:54am On Apr 23, 2022
Dorwadora:

Why?
Insecurity/Low self-esteem. undecided

Ask an American his age and he is likely to blurt it out without so much as a thought. As a Nigerian the same simple question, and you are likely to get an answer that leaves you wondering if you asked an offensive question. . undecided

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Sureplug123(m): 8:11am On Apr 23, 2022
Kriss216:
depends on her exposure. Some will tell you.
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by brettcaylon: 8:15am On Apr 23, 2022
Website, Real Estate Agent Website Business Website Neo Website -♦️♦️♦️♦️ - Autos - Nairaland
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Website, Real Estate Agent Website Business Website Neo Website -♦️♦️♦️♦️ (3
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by FirstSon01: 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
Superiority and inferiority complex!

Nigerians usually want to seem older or younger at any time they feel like so they can use it to their advantage. They want people to keep respecting them so badly if they feel they're older but also don't want to lose the perks of being younger, so there goes.
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
Magnoliaa:

*ages.
*There.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dead!

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2022
It's our culture, you don't go about asking people their ages. It's perceived rude and intruding. Our culture is different from the western culture and if that aspect of our culture is preserved well, it's not a bad thing.

However in a relationship, it's kind of weird. If you are willing enough to let someone into your life you should be willing enough to share some information about you. Very simple.

All said! It is a known knowledge here that I'm 57 going on 58 years old. That isn't a secret. grin grin
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2022
Dorwadora:

Why?

Cc:
Seun
Lalasticala
Myndd44
Dominique

I add on my age coz I like older men and I don't want them to not take me serious , they find out how old you are and want to talk to you in a wittle baby voice , and then they underestimate you and there goes your relationship , premature death
When he's attached I tell him my age and it's even cuter now
Also I have this thing about me , I like to baby people , my friends , my family , my dad , my aunts , my pets and my men , I like to baby everything , maybe it's a first born trait , that cannot work out if they have this idea that I'm still a baby myself

I don't care if you're 42 so far as you're okay with me then I'm your mate grin
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Oturatetuala(m): 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
Hard o because make the girl no go run if she hear 53years and still single.
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by Brian47(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
My friend's mother asked me my age one time and I told her she's said that I'm very big and I don't look like my age and if anyone asks, I shouldn't tell them my real age.
Asked her why,she couldn't give me any reason.
Re: Telling Your Age At The Beginning Of A New Relationship: Hard Or Easy by realestate99: 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2022
when a wowan is persistent about knowing your age, she has sensed she might be older than you,it is now left for you to satisfy her curiosity or beat around the bush.......if it is glaring that a man is older than a lady, she won't be that obsessed to get the actual age of the man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caption This Two Pictures / Exclusive: A Thread For Handsome Guys (Only Handsome Guys Can Comment) / How To Get Sugar Mummy In US Without The Use Of Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.