Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 (72552 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Keeping Fit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Ade4dayo70(m): 10:11am On Apr 23, 2022
Johnboom:
Alaafin himself the owner of death that death must not touch. I see him face to face when Aare Afe Babalola invited him and Ooni to my departmental function at Ife then, it was a red letter day as both of them were fighting for supremacy at Odua lecture theater then. Anyway I enjoy the rich Yoruba culture displayed then. Alaafin can not die he only go to another world.

Lol... I remember vividly... when the drummers of Ooni of Ife were jiving Alaafin with their talking drums which got him infuriated and later subtly hit back at them with a death threat... letting them know that he was the grandmaster of drums and could decipher any rubbish they speak with drums.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Sirdiq21: 10:11am On Apr 23, 2022
Somebody said it's a fake news
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by YhemmyBloom(m): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2022
RIP iku baba yeye..
Na sharing formula go dey him wives mind now o.. smiley
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by izubext007: 10:44am On Apr 23, 2022
He tried, is not easy praying to idols all this years
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Idiko1: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2022
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Idiko1: 10:54am On Apr 23, 2022
Johnboom:

Alaafin himself the owner of death that death must not touch. I see him face to face when Aare Afe Babalola invited him and Ooni to my departmental function at Ife then, it was a red letter day as both of them were fighting for supremacy at Odua lecture theater then. Anyway I enjoy the rich Yoruba culture displayed then. Alaafin can not die he only go to another world

Point of correct!!!! Alaafin was not the owner of death but land.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Chechelee: 10:57am On Apr 23, 2022
Who put dem for bondage before. No be say dem dey cash out.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by azikiweironsi(m): 11:01am On Apr 23, 2022
Emnyte:
you forgot Ajimobi
Yes you're right. Thank you for reminding me.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by seyicodes(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2022
Mooh247:
undecided

Inalilai wa Inani lahi rajihun

What an honour to die during Ramadan, a Friday, and the last ten days of the Ramadan close to Lailatuli Kadir

only if the deceased is a Muslim that when all those thing applied.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Mooh247: 11:16am On Apr 23, 2022
seyicodes:
only if the deceased is a Muslim that when all those thing applied.

He is a Muslim and would be buried by 4 o clock according to Islamic rite
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by datopaper(m): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2022
Iku baba yeye alase ikeji orisa
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by umoslink(m): 11:23am On Apr 23, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked they you nd women as be washed with traditional stuff to avoid them from meeting any man in their life

The boyfriends of his young wives are so happy now, they're coming to take their girls back home. The girls in return are so happy because finally they're free from boring sex, though they got the money and enjoy life to the fullest, but their womanhood really suffered alot.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Bimpe29: 11:27am On Apr 23, 2022
Mooh247:
undecided

What an honour to die during Ramadan, a Friday, and the last ten days of the Ramadan close to Lailatuli Kadir

Allahumo ighifirillahu war'amhu Aameen.

He was one of the noble and loving monarchs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by omis1(m): 11:29am On Apr 23, 2022
muhammaduyusufu:
could be why Osibanjo did not see him on his last trip to Oyo State and instead saw the Olubadan.

No president/vice president visits Oyo without checking up on the Alaafin.
apparently he died at abuad hospital . I was in ekiti yesterday when a staff of office was getting transported,guess it’s his own and it was sent to oyo since yesterday
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by ipobcannibals: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2022
RIP to a very monarch, who led a life of peace and harmony. God bless his gentle soul as he sojourns in the world beyond.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Yankee101: 11:33am On Apr 23, 2022
All those young wives he kept adding.. all na vanity

Turn to Jesus today

1 Like

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by TrueNigerian300: 11:37am On Apr 23, 2022
jrusky:

Story!!! They have come with their thrash religion sentiment. Fasting is never a tickect to heaven Mr man or you show me in the qoran where it was stated fasting is your ticket to heaven.

God don't care about your fasting God only has interest on your deed as a human on Earth. So fasting in the day and you are in the witchcraft, wizard, occultic coven by night bro its useless fasting.

Papa rest on, you really enjoy yourself when alive.

Your religion is your religion his religion is his, why can't you just believe what you instead of starting an unnecessary argument. What makes you think you are right and he is wrong?
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:38am On Apr 23, 2022
Oba ti waja. Sun re o
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by juman(m): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2022
I first thought it was fake news.
But the news was from punch newspaper.
I asked myself could he die like that?
We have been used to him as aalafin for so long. All true my life.
Is he really dead?
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Awkabigboy: 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

The boyfriends of his young wives are so happy now, they're coming to take their girls back home. The girls in return are so happy because finally they're free from boring sex, though they got the money and enjoy life to the fullest, but their womanhood really suffered alot.
Iyaebe grin cheesy
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by simply22: 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
May his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Amumaigwe: 1:18pm On Apr 23, 2022
Mooh247:
undecided

What is the benefit? Real benefits not some fables told by some illiterates so-called Prophets.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by ichommy(m): 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
Haaaa Baba. shocked
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by gotnel: 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2022
Olorun loke ate baba si afefe rere.
God help Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Meteng: 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2022
godofuck231:
No be that baba when still de fire at old age ? Rugged soul , em must enter heaven na
He wasn’t firing anything
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by smile11s(m): 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
ULiTv:
Rip, just confirmed it

Where?
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Elmander1983(m): 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
And the beautiful young bride he took recently? A young widow! Chai! Rest in Peace sir..
LarryBeryl:
https://www.airwavesreport.com/news/alaafin-of-oyo-lamidi-adeyemi-joins-his-ancestors-at-83
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by godofuck231: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
Meteng:
He wasn’t firing anything
na you get the wives ? Na em de fire na
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Kaybae(f): 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
Olayiwola Adeyemi, orisa, Alowolodu bi iyere, Omo Ibironke, Omo iku ti ku pa, Omo Arun, Omo Ofo, Olayiwola Alaafin Oyo di orisa, Orisa to ba lo o pada sile oooo sugbon Layiwola ti lo ko le pada mon. Oyo empire will miss you Baami Olayiwola sun re ooooo
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Awoo88: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
blingxx:

He killed himself bruh , he wanted to enjoy what he didn't during his youth .. lol what do I know
I tell you. Over enjoyment. What will happen to those gis now
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by MARS1(m): 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
No one would live forever, so we all would breath in our last breathe one day. May the King's soul rest in perfect peace and may the good Lord comfort the family in this time of grief.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by smile11s(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
juman:
I first thought it was fake news.
But the news was from punch newspaper.
I asked myself could he die like that?
We have been used to him as aalafin for so long. All true my life.
Is he really die?

Question for the gods

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman / Nigerians Shocked Over Zimbabwean Traditional Twerk Dance. See Reactions(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.