Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

Share Your Drowning Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Share Your Drowning Experience (914 Views)

I’m Drowning In This Act, And It’s Ruining Me Badly / Brave Man Saves 400lb Black Bear From Drowning. (photos) / Have You Ever Been Humiliated For Visiting Your Crush? Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Drowning Experience by TheOldGods: 11:23am On Apr 23, 2022
Recently one of my friend died from drowning. He was traveling to his village in Benue when there small canoe capsized, unfortunately he didn't know how to swim, the captain or the owner of the boat didn't die as he swam back up. After hearing this I mourned for him, and also remembered that I couldn't swim. So I took it to myself to learn this life saving technique.

Fortunately for me, my current Girlfriend is a fish in the water, and I told her to teach me. I started visiting one particular pool which had upto 10ft deep of water. That was where my girlfriend told me to start learning, as I was very close to the wall and can easily grab the pool stairs. The first day, I was able to move from one direction to the other, and I was so happy I could swim in an 10ft pool without sinking, however I was still using all my energy to move.

I have been going there for 3days now and yesterday's own was the third day(4th), atleast I've been confident and conquered my fear. Yesterday we went for another swimming, I was swimming perfectly as my girlfriend was very happy how fast I've learnt and can even thread water, I mean stay at one place and float for like 1 mins before I start loosing energy. I also learnt how to float with my back comfortably, I can do this one for over 10mins without getting tired and breath perfectly.

So I starting swimming to the other side of the pool 10ft deep, I was almost close to the wall for me to grab and catch my breath, as I still use all my strength while swimming. And that was when I couldn't move. Someone was holding my left leg, dragging me back, and I looked it was my girlfriend.

Jeez, I've lost all my strength and couldn't thread water, I also needed to breath, then panic came in, I couldn't move my hand, my girlfriend was holding me very tight at a point almost punched her so I could get free but this girl was seriously holding me. I started thinking about my parents, my family, my cars Lexus RX and a Mercedes c300, how I'm so young and not even done anything, I know I was about to die and there was nothing I could do, I tried to swim but she was holding me, of course she can swim better than me, I tried to jump, and breath, and I took one full cup of water, my eyes were fading as my lugs where pushing me to breath, suddenly a guy noticed and ran toward me, not inside the pool, he made sure to stay out and gave me his hands to grab. I tried the first time but couldn't reach, then the second time I did, everywhere was already black. I came out of the pool, with my heart racing. My girlfriend came out and I was so mad at her, she explained and told me she taught I was drowning because she has never seen me swim that far before, and she was sorry. But she still couldn't save me.

I was lucky, untill now I have been sad I don't know why, I just keep remembering all my past life's flashing in the pool, all the feeling of pain and guilt.

One of my friend told me to sue the hotel because they don't have a lifeguard, neither do they have roped tied at the rails of the pool to help someone drowning and this is a hotel which charged 45k per night in one of their cheapest rooms. But I don't have footage of what happened and how to sue them.

I still went back to the pool, after all what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger.

I must be an expert in swimming no matter what

Have you ever drowned before, Will you ever learn to swim?

Share you near drowning experience or that of a friend.
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Born2winKingOG: 11:36am On Apr 23, 2022
is Better to die for land than water..

na make me dey see water run
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by slawormiir: 11:37am On Apr 23, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Ain't no niggar of water and swimming

Infact I hate anything water body....be it erosion, lake , ocean , river ,sea
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Vinnie2000(m): 11:47am On Apr 23, 2022
OP, I have heard of such stories b4. My Guy Osas, said while he was drowning, he was saying inwardly 'Ehya, so na so i take die so'. Before someone dragged him out frm behind! Dis life ehn, na God dey save him children.
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Lilsameey: 11:47am On Apr 23, 2022
I don't know how to swim, I dread rivers, seas etc. Anytime I see one, what plays in head is "me drowning". But I will overcome the fears, no time for that now. Till I learn how to swim.
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by TheOldGods: 11:54am On Apr 23, 2022
Vinnie2000:
OP, I have heard of such stories b4. My Guy Osas, said while he was drowning, he was saying inwardly 'Ehya, so na so i take die so'. Before someone dragged him out frm behind! Dis life ehn, na God dey save him children.
that's the most painful. Because you know you're dien and there is nothing you can do about it.
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by TheOldGods: 11:54am On Apr 23, 2022
Lilsameey:
I don't know how to swim, I dread rivers, seas etc. Anytime I see one, what plays in head is "me drowning". But I will overcome the fears, no time for that now. Till I learn how to swim.
you really need to learn how to swim brother. Take out that fear
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by 9182736455O1999(m): 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
I was sneaking out of the house going to the river with my neighbours(friends) to learn how to swim.
normally, my parents have warned us a thousand times never to go near a river(creeks) than to even think of swiming in one.
i was so curious and excited about what it will feel like swiming in water after hearing the experiences my friends had. So, i started following them to this place called down yenagoa. We were usually five in number, all in our early teens.
Gradually, i started learning how to swim but not as good as the rest of us. So one day, they decided to play one game. Someone will throw one of their footwear not too far away and one by one we will go and get it, when it got to my turn i started having this fear, i have never swim that far before. We usually swim around where the water will reach us at most our neck, it was a challenge looking close i noticed the thing was floating farther. I got no time to waste and they started mocking me.
i was walking towards the footwear, the more i go, the deeper it gets till the water got to my neck

before i know what was happening the devil in me just pushed me to go for the footwear.
i was scared asf but i have already started, no going back because i know where i was that moment, the water can swallow me. I was using all my strength swiming and struggling at the same time till i got to the item i picked it, threw it back to my friends and i could hear them praising me. Me that was stugling to keep my head above the water.
Omo no fit looseguard na. I tried using all my strength with full force swiming back to them. but i only covered a small distance. I was feeling very weak. In my mind i was like "i no fit die like this na, who send me work sef"
omo i started drowning, drinking gulps in the water.
until an idea came to my mind. With the remaing small strength i had, i was swiming like a frog inside the water. Going foward gradually, i tried standing inside the water but my head did not reach the top so i tried one more time swiming like a frog inside the water and when i stood this time i came out of the water.
omo see as i dey cough na, i had drank enough water and my body was so heavy. So these idiots never knew i was drowning they were even laughing me calling me smaller because i drank water, only one of them told me sorry.

Without saying a word, i just carried my red eyes, wore my clothes and headed home straight.
i never went back to that place again but i learned how to swim at another place though, still almost drowned but thats a story for another day. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by eldervine: 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2022
I have this phobia for water bodies even if its a gutter.
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Orgasmgiver123(m): 2:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Ain't no niggar of water and swimming

Infact I hate anything water body....be it erosion, lake , ocean , river ,sea

Damn....
I trust you don’t hate an erosion of beer grin

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Orgasmgiver123(m): 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
Nothing dey fear me for water mathias
From 2012-2016 SUB and staff club for university of Ibadan hear am for my hand.
Me and the boys dey lap there every fridays and Saturdays to swim. Swimming fee was 100 naira in SUB back then for non students, it was later changed to 300 naira.
As per the south south pikin wey i be, i never drink water see for pool, swimming is like walking on land to me, except, you have to hold your breath or you go drink that kind 10 basin of water.
A friend of mine almost drowed one day because he went to the deep side, after he was rescued by the life guards, them use tio ( pipe ) flog my guy for neck oh, werey run like criminal leave him cloths.

Laff nearly kill everybody that day

Mehn those days sha

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by TheOldGods: 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
9182736455O1999:
I was sneaking out of the house going to the river with my neighbours(friends) to learn how to swim.
normally, my parents have warned us a thousand times never to go near a river(creeks) than to even think of swiming in one.
i was so curious and excited about what it will feel like swiming in water after hearing the experiences my friends had. So, i started following them to this place called down yenagoa. We were usually five in number, all in our early teens.
Gradually, i started learning how to swim but not as good as the rest of us. So one day, they decided to play one game. Someone will throw one of their footwear not too far away and one by one we will go and get it, when it got to my turn i started having this fear, i have never swim that far before. We usually swim around where the water will reach us at most our neck, it was a challenge looking close i noticed the thing was floating farther. I got no time to waste and they started mocking me.
i was walking towards the footwear, the more i go, the deeper it gets till the water got to my neck

before i know what was happening the devil in me just pushed me to go for the footwear.
i was scared asf but i have already started, no going back because i know where i was that moment, the water can swallow me. I was using all my strength swiming and struggling at the same time till i got to the item i picked it, threw it back to my friends and i could hear them praising me. Me that was stugling to keep my head above the water.
Omo no fit looseguard na. I tried using all my strength with full force swiming back to them. but i only covered a small distance. I was feeling very weak. In my mind i was like "i no fit die like this na, who send me work sef"
omo i started drowning, drinking gulps in the water.
until an idea came to my mind. With the remaing small strength i had, i was swiming like a frog inside the water. Going foward gradually, i tried standing inside the water but my head did not reach the top so i tried one more time swiming like a frog inside the water and when i stood this time i came out of the water.
omo see as i dey cough na, i had drank enough water and my body was so heavy. So these idiots never knew i was drowning they were even laughing me calling me smaller because i drank water, only one of them told me sorry.

Without saying a word, i just carried my red eyes, wore my clothes and headed home straight.
i never went back to that place again but i learned how to swim at another place though, still almost drowned but thats a story for another day. smiley
mehn that was some interesting thing. I was also angry that I was drowning and nobody helped me or even noticed. Then I googled and saw that when you're drowning it's hard for anyone to know. It only takes professional lifeguards to detect. That's why my girlfriend detected mine wrongly and almost killed me.
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Lalami3232(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
Lol
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
The only time wey water dey touch my body na when i dey bath, after bathing me and water no get business again
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Joeeasy(m): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
TheOldGods:
Recently one of my friend died from drowning. He was traveling to his village in Benue when there small canoe capsized,
Share you near drowning experience or that of a friend.

Just pay for a proper instructor, I’ve had similar experience, luckily for me there was a life guard.
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by FalseProphet1(m): 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
I see people tell lies of events that never happened, I see this thread making the front page.

This I have seen.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by TheOldGods: 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2022
Joeeasy:

Just pay for a proper instructor, I’ve had similar experience, luckily for me there was a life guard.
so do you know how to swim now?
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by TheOldGods: 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see people tell lies of events that never happened, I see this thread making the front page.

This I have seen.
lol. Go and sit down
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Kiliwuwu: 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2022
Bleep shitt

I remember my first life back then in year 1934 little me was just 12 years old and very good in swimming , infact I can swim for hour's without getting tired ,we have a big river close to our street then which I nd my friends do go to once we are back from farm,to cut the story short , unluckily for me dat day, I climbed a long tree close to d River nd diceded to jump from it just to show people around my skills.��but guess wat....I hit my head on a very big stone down the river and was very weak to swim back to the edge of the river that was how I lost my first life.... but I thank God I was later reborn 22 years ago.....damn I missed my old friends John , pelumi, Jacob...I love u all....pass me the remaining claro
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Prettygirl200(f): 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
Kiliwuwu:
Bleep shitt

I remember my first life back then in year [b]1934 little me was just 12 years old and very good in [/b]swimming , infact I can swim for hour's without getting tired ,we have a big river close to our street then which I nd my friends do go to once we are back from farm,to cut the story short , unluckily for me dat day, I climbed a long tree close to d River nd diceded to jump from it just to show people around my skills.��but guess wat....I heated my head on a very big stone down the river and was very weak to swim back to the edge of the river that was how I lost my first life.... but I thank God I was later reborn 22 years ago.....damn I missed my old friends John , pelumi, Jacob...I love u all....pass me the remaining claro
Blood of Jesus!!! See lies!!!!
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Prettygirl200(f): 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2022
Am very scared of water, especially swimming I no sabi at all.
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Kiliwuwu: 6:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Blood of Jesus!!! See lies!!!!

you look so beautiful ,can I dm u
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Prettygirl200(f): 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
Kiliwuwu:

you look so beautiful ,can I dm u
What do u mean?? Have u seen me before??
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Joeeasy(m): 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2022
TheOldGods:
so do you know how to swim now?

Yes, Got obsessed with learning how to swim a couple of months after I overcame my fear of drowning.
I was trained as an athlete at the same pool I almost drown in (Just 8ft lmao).

You should learn how to stay underwater at a level you're comfortable with and learn how to go up for air when you feel the need to.
A good instructor should be able to teach you this.
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Kiliwuwu: 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2022
Prettygirl200:
What do u mean?? Have u seen me before??

nope, but I can feel it
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Prettygirl200(f): 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
Kiliwuwu:

nope, but I can feel it
Lol ��� u can feel it
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by TheOldGods: 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
grin
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Kiliwuwu: 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Lol ��� u can feel it

I sent u a pm
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Prettygirl200(f): 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
Kiliwuwu:

I sent u a pm
okay
Re: Share Your Drowning Experience by Lucaski: 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2022
grin

(1) (Reply)

What Are Some Very "BAD HABITS" You Got Away With When You Were Young? / What My Mother Told Me About Bride Price (dowry) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.