Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help (26311 Views)

Court Bars Rivers Govt, Police, DSS From Arresting Members Of Atiku Campaign / Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help / IPOB Members Clean Ghana "Gutters", Beg Govt To Release Their Members In Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by RacistProudIgbo: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2022
They should be deported. this is Biafraland.

2 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by SOFTSKILL: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2022
Shalommy:
Afonja think they can mess up in akwa ibom like other state?. No no no.. We don't take shit. That's a lesson to others. Chaiii...

Yoruba in Osu land are not more than fifteen, that place is Akwa Ibom not the erosion ravaged barren land of the Osus

5 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Dybala11(m): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
clericuzzio:

The yorubas should go back to their land. We are tired of their drugs dealings, Promiscuous life and backbiting.
Go back to Your Fucking oduduwa republic
What the hell is this rubbish you just typed??
There are Igbos all over the world and Nigeria too, what do you think will happen when others are subjecting innocent Igbos to such inhumane treatments too?? Some people are always fond of showing their IQ which is similar to that of mosquito.

20 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by lolu2019: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Help2020:
You said there are many Ghana citizens there,are you sure? Ghanaians says their people don't stay or live in Nigeria
don't mind him.no single Ghanian live in Ibeno.I once lived there.I am Yoruba,but d the Ilaje youths like making troubles.they like fighting because of girls.

4 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by SOFTSKILL: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Baawahala:
Coward Yoruba as usual.
Village head asked you to come out probably to quench the melee, you refused out of fear...thereafter you started running like a tadpole that you are...

Don't mind him he his not brave like Ojukwu, by now he would have been in Ivory Coast

9 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by 001spice: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Such a useless comment ..

There are more akwa ibom indigenes in yoruba land...has yoruba people gone to distroy their property and chase Dem out...

The story clearly shows ibeno people trying to chase Yorubas for no tangible reason...

Las las ..if the Yorubas in their land retailate...
Y'all will feel it worse...
.yoruba naturally don't have problem living with other tribes
shut d Bleep i have stay for than 3 decade in the center of lagos state nt for once have my people try to fight the yoruba`s even when it christal clear that they are treating us wrongly put we will never fight. Mr man unless u wat to lie Nigerians know that akwa ibom are 1 of the untrouble some tribe we have in the country

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by nkwachii(m): 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
AfonjaTheAfonja:
They can run to Ghana refugee camp for refuge since Benin republic is too far for them and Benin republic might not consider them this time around because of Sunday Igboho's controversial detention. Neighbouring country Ghana is too sure cool
grin grin wink cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Ilaje1: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
englishmart:
Too bad. Please help them get back to their homes. They need to get back to enjoying amala and ewedu.

Olodo, ewedu and amala are not Ilaje food.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by ntrukpum(m): 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2022
PerfectlyPerfect:
I've never known Akwa Ibomites to be violent. I think there's more to this story
Ibeno people are not real Akwa ibomites. They are migrants from rivers state

2 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by ivandragon: 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
Too many 1d107s on here fanning embers of ethnic mistrust because they stay in their locales & are unproductive, so they feel they have nothing to lose if violence occurs between ethnic groups.

The matter would be peacefully resolved. No matter their flaws, the Yorubas remain the most peaceful & accommodating major ethnic nationality in Nigeria (on the average)... & it is not a function of fear, but that of enlightenment & reason...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by planetx: 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
SirAfonja:
Abeg make i go sleep jare
You people should make up your mind, was this fake quote attributed to IBB made in 1997 or 1993? Choose one date and stick to it.

5 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by almarthins(m): 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
Shalommy:
Afonja think they can mess up in akwa ibom like other state?. No no no.. We don't take shit. That's a lesson to others. Chaiii...

Some of you are just here to deepen the ethnic divide. Mean while some other state dey Yorubaland dey do anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Dybala11(m): 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
Baawahala:
Coward Yoruba as usual.
Village head asked you to come out probably to quench the melee, you refused out of fear...thereafter you started running like a tadpole that you are...
So you would have loved him and his family to be lynched abi??
From the narratives, do they look like they're there to have a reasonable discussion with him and his family??
Maybe when you're in the vicinity of Boko jihadist you'll sit tight and negotiate instead of taking the opportunity of escaping then??

4 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by AmazingELixir: 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
Ndibunna:
This man is economical with the truth, cultists operate in most places particularly in the South, they can't just attack you without any reason, probably he is a member or relative of a rival cult group, or belong to the cult disturbing the community, they can't just attack you all and warn you to leave their community. Something is fishy

First you claimed ignorant of the cause of the crisis. Secondly you claimed an altercation between cult groups. Finally you said only the Yorubas were attacked and asked to leave in peace or by force. I think there's something vital the leader of the Yoruba community is not telling us and the reporter didn't help matter.

An Eyewitness wrote

The crisis was caused by two fighting between the indigene of Ibeno and a Yoruba Man so during the process of the fight a Yoruba Man allegedly killed an Ibeno man so that was why the indigenes of the community retaliated and went after Yoruba guys

There are many Ghana Citizens there and they were not attacked there is no smoke without fire

Case end. No smoke without fire.

undecided

So because an afonja man and a dog eater went into a mortal combat gives them reason enough to attack the whole afonja community...infact Ibeno people are madt...little wonder people from there resort to jungle justice with the slightest provocation.

I'm very sure an afonja man killed an Ibeno cultist and his group decided to retaliate.

Nonsense and ingredients.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Skoonheid(f): 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
[quote author=Shalommy post=112212402]Afonja think they can mess up in akwa ibom like other state?.
]

You're barking like a mad dog. Pity that an old timer like you can show a complete lack of empathy for the dispossessed. Shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Ilaje1: 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
eedimo:
I have lived in almost all the states of the federation and I must confess that the Yorubas are the most difficult neighbors you would ever have; not all though cos 7 out of my 10 friends are from that region.

Yet all tribes live in western region. Do you know how many akwa ibom people that live in Ilaje? Some have been there generation to generation. This fight needs to be settled ASAP so it doesn't lead to a retaliation.

7 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by TheSociopath(m): 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
Shalommy:

Who brought a dog onto this forum?

I'm sure your mama is still breastfeeding you, that's why you lack sense

2 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Ilaje1: 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
Balkan:
grin cowards, see the kind of houses these accommodators live in. Makeshift homes. Can't you fight back? A chief that was supposed to come out and save his people but he ran under the bed.
Spits

If you get sense, you will know these people are mostly fishermen, living in the creek.

5 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by TheSociopath(m): 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
001spice:
This yoruba people e bi like say una dey craze.una dey our land una still dey fight us.

There's nothing you can do. Yorubas will still settle there again.
I don't know who unleashed you to come and bark on this thread.

Someone come get his/her dog!!!

6 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2022
SOFTSKILL:

Don't mind him he his not brave like Ojukwu, by now he would have been in Ivory Coast
No excuse for cowardice...

4 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by TheSociopath(m): 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Ilaje1:

If you get sense, you will know these people are mostly fishermen, living in the creek.

Are you minding the nincompoop?

1 Like

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by ikpumbe(m): 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Angelfrost:

Politics of Divide and Rule will not allow that happen!

Check and research all the acts of violence and crisis or insecurity across the nation, from East, West to North, it's dirty politics of bigotry at the root of them all!

Politicians and their sponsors eat and divide the nation from their positions of influence and wealth, while idiotic supporters among the masses go to war! It's so shameful!

Check all these ethnic clashes, even here on Nairaland, they are deeply rooted in such nonsense and backward politics!

My brother it Is very painful.

And it's because some people are too greedy .
And their greed have destroyed the country

One of such thing that have divided Nigeria is a Yoruba man wanting to take over power after 8yrs of obasanjo and 8yrs of osibanjo.

How do you want the other people to feel.
This kind of things breeds injustice and then disunity

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by ivandragon: 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2022
Dybala11:

What the hell is this rubbish you just typed??
There are Igbos all over the world and Nigeria too, why do you think will happen when others are subjecting innocent Igbos to such inhumane treatments too?? Some people are always fond of showing their IQ which is similar to that of mosquito.

Your position is an insult to mosquitoes. Their IQs are practically non-existent, they function as single celled organisms...

3 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Bogus001: 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2022
Yoruba's really like playing on people's psychology.. Like snake in a green grass.

almarthins:

Some of you are just here to deepen the ethnic divide. Mean while some other state dey Yoruba dey do anyhow.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Oturatetuala(m): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2022
All these tribal war will lead Nigeria to nowhere but anarchy.

And you people want a better Nigeria.

I weep for some of you in this country.

Nigerians be sensible please, your leaders are killing your future but you are here fighting a tribal war, why don't u channel that energy against your failed leaders.
Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by mmsen: 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
PerfectlyPerfect:
I've never known Akwa Ibomites to be violent. I think there's more to this story

It's the most peaceful state in the country.

This story is very strange.

6 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Pastorsmile: 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
If it's Kano or Sokoto indigenes, Tinubu by now would have gone to help them and donate 50 million.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Brimstone77: 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2022

This news doesn't concern me.
Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by 001spice: 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
TheSociopath:

There's nothing you can do. Yoruba's will still settle there again.
I don't know who unleashed you to come and bark on this thread.

Some come get his/her dog!!!
nobody is telling u crap of a tribe nt to stay,bt crap shud behave ur self.atleast nt only yoruba that is staying there,there are other tribe staying there and we dnt have issue wit them.why is it only yoruba. Una wan carry una AGBERO attitude come our land. OGBENI E NO GO WORK

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Shalommy(f): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
You guys can't do anything, even in your region we'll over power you all... I'm proud of my people anytime, anyday. Chaiii..

4 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Dybala11(m): 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2022
ivandragon:

Your position is an insult to mosquitoes. Their IQs are practically non-existent, they function as single celled organisms...
Abi o, how the hell with any sane individual try to justify that rubbish with another rubbish idea. It's just like centuries ago when Whites try to justify their ill treatment of blacks and slavery by saying that the 'brain of a blackman is smaller than that of whites'. Total rubbish.
And to say this foolish tribalists think that they'll live in peace if Nigeria descends into tribal wars and ethnic cleansing like that of Rwanda.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo On "The Candidate": Reactions On Twitter / Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement / Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.