Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. - Programming (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. (24185 Views)

Do We Have Devs That Started Their First Role At Mid-level? / I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... / Hi Devs, See What I Won (New Survey) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Greenscientist: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hannania:
Guys I graduated with from High school are just getting into FAANG. Amazon, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs and a few on Meta. The motivation is so high. 2023 has to come with that $100k smiley

Boss, please advice a newbie on technologies to learn?

I graduated last year and nothing is coming forth, your advice is important, sir.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 18, 2022
Greenscientist:

Boss, please advice a newbie on technologies to learn?

I graduated last year and nothing is coming forth, your advice is important, sir.

start from Html and css(do a lot of searching online), also dont forget to learn DATA STRUCTURE AND ALGORITHM
Thanks

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by coolshegs1: 9:16am On Jun 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Damn tech is so crazy. Even I get shocked of the kind of things I see everyday. Some survey was done on the salaries of Blockchain developers and the least salary came in at 650 USD a month and the highest came in at 30k USD a month.

I thought the 30k USD a month figure was just a lie until someone posted his total compensation in a data structures group I am a member of on Facebook. It came down to 33k USD a month and this person lives in Nigeria. Dropped out of futa after 2 years like has no degree and has been able to achieve this whereas someone with PhD Is teaching for 30k naira a month.

Life no balance o. God, tech is just one crazy field. Its why we should remain humble o cause no matter how big you think you are a ton of people are bigger.

I hope it's not the guy I heard of. shocked

There some lowkey crypto guys in FUTA now. This particular guy has a server in his aprt because he develops several Blockchain projects for crypto startups.

Blockchain guys are hitting it big. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by coolshegs1: 9:32am On Jun 19, 2022
qtguru:

I deep down want to stay, but I want a second passport, the moment I get it, I can settle or shuffle easily. Business dey when you can move anywhere.

Wow, this is honestly a very good plan. To have a second passport and travel the world as you like. Nice one boss! wink
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by uche393: 11:42am On Jun 24, 2022
good morning everyone, is it wise for a student to take remote jobs or should I just do freelance?

I'm a student of national open university, 100l information technology I have time to work and study. but I don't know how remote jobs commitments are like.

I only go my school for exam clearance and exams which usually last for 2wks to 1 month(due to spacing).

I need your opinions
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by yusman14(m): 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
This thread is really informative and captivating... I'm into web development..but recently having some challenges..
I want to get a new laptop and I have #70k..I need support to get it to #100k.
I will really appreciate anybody's help..
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Stan2Smith: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

1500 to 3000 USD

Hi a newbie in web dev,could you state the technologies you learnt to get a job
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by kennethfranc(m): 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2022
Stan2Smith:

Hi a newbie in web dev,could you state the technologies you learnt to get a job

Check his profile

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Stan2Smith: 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2022
kennethfranc:

Check his profile

Didn't see anything

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by kennethfranc(m): 12:16am On Jul 01, 2022

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Lampert505(m): 11:23am On Jul 04, 2022
This thread is really motivating and eye opening, I’m hoping to become a front end engineer soon and I’ll say I’m comfortable with some html and css, and tailwind Css for responsiveness, I already dived into JavaScript,

Thread of my journey so far

https://www.nairaland.com/7202378/largest-html-css-tailwind-frameworks

https://www.nairaland.com/7077192/first-html-css-project-after

https://www.nairaland.com/6939333/diary-aspiring-web-developer

I need y’all pros advises from here on some other things I really need to learn snd work on! �

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by teekay213(m): 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Damn tech is so crazy. Even I get shocked of the kind of things I see everyday. Some survey was done on the salaries of Blockchain developers and the least salary came in at 650 USD a month and the highest came in at 30k USD a month.

I thought the 30k USD a month figure was just a lie until someone posted his total compensation in a data structures group I am a member of on Facebook. It came down to 33k USD a month and this person lives in Nigeria. Dropped out of futa after 2 years like has no degree and has been able to achieve this whereas someone with PhD Is teaching for 30k naira a month.

Life no balance o. God, tech is just one crazy field. Its why we should remain humble o cause no matter how big you think you are a ton of people are bigger.
pls help me! How can I start a career in tech and earn a living??
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Honlucas: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
I know guys eating money here in Nigeria..

They are ui/ux designer also some products managers...

One guy in my school earn 9kdols remotely as a cyber security guy

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by GeneralDae: 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
Honlucas:
I know guys eating money here in Nigeria..

They are ui/ux designer also some products managers...

One guy in my school earn 9kdols remotely as a cyber security guy
If we can have more of these guys in Nigeria, this would help CBN greatly because it would help naira improve.
It's just the exact opposite of paying school fees abroad.

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Honlucas: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2022
GeneralDae:

If we can have more of these guys in Nigeria, this would help CBN greatly because it would help naira improve.
It's just the exact opposite of paying school fees abroad.

That's it bro..

Product management na where money dy now for non code guys
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Agbebakun22: 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Data structures and algorithms for black software engineers.
Good day boss, trust u are doing great. I came across one of ur comment hoping for devs that offer relocation. I came across this two sites, u can check them out most of their devs offer basic or advance relocation. U once offer a great advice as a newbie. Check both out, i have done some research abt them their score rate is good. www.relocate.me and www.relocate.eu
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Kobicove(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah I am on blind but the Koko is this person lives in Nigeria not in USA or Europe. In Nigeria here and he's earning 33k USD a month.

Well it's very possible, I have seen someone in the Energy sector who earns $150,000 a month...this was about 10 years ago!
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by bet9ja(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2022
My advice for everyone would be to focus on skills acquisition first. Other things like money and opportunities will surely follow.

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by davien(m): 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
How the hell did this thread die down? Mentally stimulating posts everywhere, even the arguments.

Still learning web dev. I'll soon learn JavaScript as I've been learning css for 2 months(not that it's hard but I want to learn it enough to know what's wrong natively with little googling).

Already there as now I natively know why a css property wasn't applied as declared(some properties don't affect parent elements, specificity basically).

One good gem I'll drop and have heard but didn't take to practice is to always read documentation. MDN has shown me what I wanted to know without having to open stack overflow. Y'all are the best.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by todman(m): 3:49am On Oct 20, 2022
davien:
How the hell did this thread die down? Mentally stimulating posts everywhere, even the arguments.

Still learning web dev. I'll soon learn JavaScript as I've been learning css for 2 months(not that it's hard but I want to learn it enough to know what's wrong natively with little googling).

Already there as now I natively know why a css property wasn't applied as declared(some properties don't affect parent elements, specificity basically).

One good gem I'll drop and have heard but didn't take to practice is to always read documentation. MDN has shown me what I wanted to know without having to open stack overflow. Y'all are the best.

I know right. I just discovered this post and I have been on it for the last 2 hours.

My own question is, how do you people stay motivated? @Tensazangetsu20. I seem to be stuck in the planning phase where I have a lot of things I want to pick up but I do not get to start on any of them. Lately I just seem to be reactive (I only learn when the need arises). But I can see the disadvantage being I can only offer solutions based on what I already know.
I also feel my field does not help matters (DevOps) as it is constantly evolving and a lot of tools are being churned out everyday.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by davien(m): 8:30am On Oct 20, 2022
todman:

I know right. I just discovered this post and I have been on it for the last 2 hours.

My own question is, how do you people stay motivated? @Tensazangetsu20. I seem to be stuck in the planning phase where I have a lot of things I want to pick up but I do not get to start on any of them. Lately I just seem to be reactive (I only learn when the need arises). But I can see the disadvantage being I can only offer solutions based on what I already know.
I also feel my field does not help matters (DevOps) as it is constantly evolving and a lot of tools are being churned out everyday.
Join free online bootcamps and medium pages for programming. It's articles and videos I watched that reinforced me to learn the basics and have a strong understanding of them.
DevOps in simplicity is continuous integration and continuous deployment of software/web apps so you mostly take advantage of cloud services and database version control.
When it starts getting mentally daunting step away from the computer and live your life.

Read paid medium articles for free using 12ft(dot) io
Watch YouTube videos
Socialize etc..

My two months learning the basics paid off when I could instantly know how to implement a complex effect I saw, everything just clicked. Moving to JavaScript.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Saverin: 6:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hannania:
Follow the part Bellow:

1. Learn the basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.(Not indept, but basics. On a scale of 10, It should be 5,5 and 6 respectively).

2. Pick up Java. Don't compromise the basics. Learn the syntax and semantics well.

3. Pick up Spring/Spring Boot Frameworks(Understand the MVC)

4. Learn a database. MySQL is ok.

5. Learn Unit testing (This will set you apart and get employers interested in you)

6. Learn Maven, Hibernate, JPA and Maven(These are just implementation processes. Don't be scared. After you learn the basics, you can pick this in 3weeks)

7. Most important part: Build at least two solid projects that implement all the above. Two sold projects are better than vague 10 random projects.

8. If you want to stand out as I did, write one cloud certification. Got Google's scholarship and wrote GCP, and did Microsoft 30 days challenge and got a discount of Azure, which I paid just $40(17k). This will make you irresistible.

All this looks like a lot, but it's what I did in a space of a year. Now our IQ might differ, but dedication and commitment can be the same.

When you do no 7, follow this site to apply for jobs. 2 months after your projects and you'd get a remote pay of $1000 minimum from Poland.

https://justjoin.it/offers/infolet-junior-java-developer-krakow

Oga Hannia,
Do they (justjoin.it) accept Nigerians (living in Nigeria) to work remotely?
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Hannania(m): 12:32am On Jan 11, 2023
Saverin:

Oga Hannia,
Do they (justjoin.it) accept Nigerians (living in Nigeria) to work remotely?
its not about "dem say". I know a former Aircraft engineer who started coding in 2022, early, and now works for a polish firm as a developer. He applied through The site, but it turns out they also posted it on https://remoteleaf.com/remote-software-developer-jobs/poland. So please apply

I lost an offer from a firm there, because of payment method. Now my present employer uses deel

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 11, 2023
Hannania:
The questions must be from medium level I guess, right? My sights are on FAANG and the likes right now. Just need to solve 100 medium and finish Algo Expert's 160 questions. Got the "Coding the interview" book also. And PIE

Understanding the pattern of questions is more important than solving 300+ without understanding the pattern

This has always been my sole problem.
Ask someone to save data inside a Database , he knows how to, how to use react native to do this and that, its not an issue. But how many people can confidently say , they understand patterns used to approach DSA. I think if you could, you would finish some leetcode questions (most of it) within few months if you serious.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Hannania(m): 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
gimakon:

This has always been my sole problem.
Ask someone to save data inside a Database , he knows how to, how to use react native to do this and that, its not an issue. But how many people can confidently say , they understand patterns used to approach DSA. I think if you could, you would finish some leetcode questions (most of it) within few months if you serious.
100%.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by AtoningBlood(m): 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2023
Hannania:
its not about "dem say". I know a former Aircraft engineer who started coding in 2022, early, and now works for a polish firm as a developer. He applied through The site, but it turns out they also posted it on https://remoteleaf.com/remote-software-developer-jobs/poland. So please apply

I lost an offer from a firm there, because of payment method. Now my present employer uses deel

Please I really need some information about Deel. A client just moved me over to Deel. I am trying to set up my Deel account and I am being required to upload my CAC Certificate. I don't have it. Can I bypass it and what other document can I upload instead?
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Hannania(m): 5:44pm On Apr 12, 2023
AtoningBlood:

Please I really need some information about Deel. A client just moved me over to Deel. I am trying to set up my Deel account and I am being required to upload my CAC Certificate. I don't have it. Can I bypass it and what other document can I upload instead?
You can't bypass it. You can only use supporting documents. Nigeria is well represented with them. Send a mail to their support, they'll list the alternatives available for your case
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Melanin07(m): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Guy 19.6 million a month and he's in Nigeria. How does even live. Guy I can't even imagine how I will spend such. His monthly salary is an elite person's yearly salary in Nigeria. What he earns per month.

Let me shock you. It's just not only in software development but in different areas of IT.

There's this 9ja guy I paid for his mentorship program on CPA affiliate marketing. This guy makes more than $17,000 per week on a platform called Vocal media. And he is living here in Lagos 😬

Since the day he showed me his Stripe payments to his USA business bank account, to sleep de hard me. I have just been thinking about my life.☹️

But truth be told, Blockckchain guys are paid so high. My childhood friend switched from a $55K/yr Android app developer to a $270K/yr Blockckchain developer and he is still living in Portharcourt. 😏

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:45am On Apr 13, 2023
Melanin07:

Let me shock you. It's just not only in software development but in different areas of IT.

There's this 9ja guy I paid for his mentorship program on CPA affiliate marketing. This guy makes more than $17,000 per week on a platform called Vocal media. And he is living here in Lagos 😬

Since the day he showed me his Stripe payments to his USA business bank account, to sleep de hard me. I have just been thinking about my life.☹️

But truth be told, Blockckchain guys are paid so high. My childhood friend switched from a $55K/yr Android app developer to a $270K/yr Blockckchain developer and he is still living in Portharcourt. 😏

LoL this thread was last year. Things have changed in tech. Even the person spoken about here has bought another passport and japaed.

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by efelico: 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hannania:
Follow the part Bellow:

When you do no 7, follow this site to apply for jobs. 2 months after your projects and you'd get a remote pay of $1000 minimum from Poland.

https://justjoin.it/offers/infolet-junior-java-developer-krakow

I notice most of the jobs on this site are not in English. What is the way around it
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by tosinhtml: 1:52pm On Apr 13, 2023
Melanin07:

I would be interested in how people move from one niche path to another because once you move from a $55k/yr dev, it means you are already a Senior and that means moving to Blockckchain developer will be starting over again from a Junior position, except you have been doing both for some years.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by richebony: 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2023
tosinhtml:

I would be interested in how people move from one niche path to another because once you move from a $55k/yr dev, it means you are already a Senior and that means moving to Blockckchain developer will be starting over again from a Junior position, except you have been doing both for some years.

how many people are truthful about their exprience/ position . Once you have gained some competency level and built some apps in a new tech and also have vast provable experience in other tech you can easily migrate . My friend has been moving from one field to another , there was even an RN job he got [remote], he actually started learning the library on the job(though he already knew react).They just wanna see that you have worked for a reputable company and have some knowledge in the required tech

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners / Why Most Beginners Quit Programming / Sam Altman Visits Nigeria On AI Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.