Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

I Need Help On Divorce Process! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help On Divorce Process! (1343 Views)

Question On Divorce / How does a person start a DIY Divorce Process. / How To Initiate Divorce Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by Gentleman900000: 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2022
I'm not suppose to know about her movement, is that what you are telling me? What if as she went to her so called house to change and something bad happened there, what would her family say? That the husband used their daughter for something else?
Kobojunkie:
1. Actually, yes, there are no Default rules to these things. If you have been on nairaland long enough, you know that there are no templates as far as relationships and marriages are concerned. undecided

So, unless you both agreed to revealing your passwords to each other, I don't see why you would condemn her for not keeping to what is then an imagined rule. undecided

2. I already explained to you previously that that was childish behavior but I don't know why a grown woman had to resort to that in what is her marriage. undecided

Also, I don't understand why a grown man would expect his adult wife to report to him before she can go out to see a movie. undecided

3. Even i wouldn't wear my work uniform to go watch a movie. I dey craze! undecided

I dey go there go represent my employer? Will I get paid for my time? Jeeezz! undecided
Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
Gentleman900000:
I'm not suppose to know about her movement, is that what you are telling me? What if as she went to her so called house to change and something bad happened there, what would her family say? That they used their daughter for something else?
As I pointed out yesterday when you asked me the same, your fury then, and even now, has little to nothing to do with concern over her safety, so stop trying to tow that line at this point. All it does is make you seem pathetic. undecided

Be honest! You are afraid your wife may be cheating on you hence your earlier insinuation that she may have skeletons in her closet. You don't seem to have any proof she is cheating.... all you have are suspicions at this point and you are having a hard time processing your emotions, it seems. undecided

Please consider seeking couples counseling at this point, even if you have indeed made up your mind to call it quits with her. undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by Gentleman900000: 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2022
I said that because of what you said in your second paragraph there. Why say husband should not expect their wife to tell them about her wherabout?
Kobojunkie:
As I pointed out yesterday when you asked me the same, your fury then, and even now, has little to nothing to do with concern over her safety, so stop trying to tow that line at this point. All it does is make you seem pathetic. undecided

Be honest! You are afraid your wife may be cheating on you hence your earlier insinuation that she may have skeletons in her closet. You don't seem to have any proof she is cheating.... all you have are suspicions at this point and you are having a hard time processing your emotions, it seems. undecided

Please consider seeking couples counseling at this point, even if you have indeed made up your mind to call it quits with her. undecided
Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2022
Gentleman900000:
I said that because of what you said in your second paragraph there. Why say wife are not to report to their husband about their wherabout?
guy man dah person u dey answer no get sense
Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Apr 25, 2022
Gentleman900000:
I said that because of what you said in your second paragraph there. Why say wife are not to report to their husband about their wherabout?
Did you and your wife agree to report to whereabouts to each other or something? undecided

And there is no law that mandates wives/husbands to tell each other such things, so again, do you as a couple have such an agreement in place? undecided

I didn't get that any such agreement existed between you two from your post yesterday when she rightly told you she is not your child for you to keeps on. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by demoBaba: 7:39pm On Apr 25, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Welcome on board Mr. Simps.
First and foremost, did u do traditional wedding and white wedding?
If did d former, just meet your people and tell them that u want to return d package they followed to buy.
Your people would ask you some questions but always stand on your ground that u want to send her back to her fathers house. Your people would now, send delegate's to d girls house and they will settle everything amicably.
Don't go to court only if u did traditional way bcs court would delay d process and also d cost involved. Pls go through d traditional way, it won't cost u anything apart from maybe drinks for your kinsmen

This logic is for Igbo culture.... what if isn't from South East?
Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by Gentleman900000: 7:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
Which agreement are you talking about?
Kobojunkie:
Did you and your wife agree to report to whereabouts to each other or something? undecided

And there is no law that mandates wives/husbands to tell each other such things, so again, do you as a couple have such an agreement in place? undecided

I didn't get that any such agreement existed between you two from your post yesterday when she rightly told you she is not your child for you to keeps on. undecided
Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by JOACHINpedro: 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:

As much as I hate divorce , I still don't know how you were able to feel alright after writing this
Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2022
Gentleman900000:
Which agreement are you talking about?
In any relationship, a man and woman are to sit down together to decide what rules they will have in their relationship and what rules teu will not. Did you and your wife sit down and agree that you will

▪︎ both share passwords with each other
▪︎ both report your whereabouts to each other

? undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by Gentleman900000: 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2022
Rules? grin
Kobojunkie:
In any relationship, a man and woman are to sit down together to decide what rules they will have in their relationship and what rules teu will not. Did you and your wife sit down and agree that you will

▪︎ both shares passwords with each other
▪︎ both report your whereabouts to each other

? undecided
Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
Gentleman900000:
Rules? grin
Yes, you have been holding them against your wife since but you didn't know they were rules that you kept imposing against her? undecided

You even convinced her by them, yet you didn't know them as rules? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by dobnina(f): 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Did you even read what you wrote before entered the submit button.
Y won't a woman tell her husband where she is going and same applies to the man too.
Especially in this era of insecurity.
I only blame the op for responding to you. Its so obvious you are typing all these from your parent's house.
When you get married, pls tell your wife she is free to go anywhere she likes without informing you. Also tell her she is free to do anything she likes including hiding secrets from you and passwording her phone.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by dobnina(f): 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
Gentleman900000:
Rules? grin
Please stop replying him.
Its not everybody you argue with.
Silence is the best answer to some people with shallow reasoning.
Just ignore. Only reply to intelligent questions.
Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Apr 25, 2022
dobnina:
1. Did you even read what you wrote before entered the submit button.
Y won't a woman tell her husband where she is going and same applies to the man too.
Especially in this era of insecurity.
I only blame the op for responding to you. Its so obvious you are typing all these from your parent's house.
When you get married, pls tell your wife she is free to go anywhere she likes without informing you. Also tell her she is free to do anything she likes including hiding secrets from you and passwording her phone.
News flash, not everyone out there lives subject to the rules you have in your mind there. For this very reason, communication remains the number one reason for most breakups. undecided

One partner is busy applying rules he never in fact communicated to the other partner and as a result, they are more times than not, never on the same page. undecided

Not every couple out there even in marriage report themselves to each other when heading out of the house. Most wifes don't even know where there husbands are most times and they have come to accept that as what it is. If you want that in your marriage, you need to be more explicit about it. undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help On Divorce Process! by Threesha(f): 2:09am On Apr 26, 2022
Steps of getting a divorce in Nigeria

Firstly, you must institute a process for divorce through your lawyer in the high court of the state that has competent jurisdiction. Divorce and dissolution of marriage is instituted through filing a petition.

Secondly, the party seeking divorce must show through marriage certificate and other relevant documents that the marriage is not less than two years. This is called the two years rule as according to s.30 of the matrimonial cause act, leave of court must first be obtained for divorce or separation of marriage that is less that two years (as we earlier pointed out).

The party seeking the divorce must also prove to the court that the marriage has broken down irretrievably and and irredeemably and the court granting the couple divorce is the last and ultimate alternative

A divorce at customary marriage may be as quick as 3 months in customary, especially where there are no contentions. But the divorce of statutory marriage in High Court may never be less than 6 months even without any contention. In fact, a highly contentious divorce case could take more than 2 years to be concluded.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Defiinitoin Of A Nagging Wife In Naija Terms? / Can He Be Ma Father Again? / HARMFUL EFFECTS OF MASTURBATION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.