Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? (17348 Views)

How I Was Embarrassed By A Very Powerful And Rich Man because of a job Today / Remorse After Leaving My Job / Can I Renegotiate Salary With My Employer After One Month Of Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Lilsameey: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
Lol
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by harmargedon: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

My sugar daddy then get jealous because I dumped his fucken ass and dilapidated body to a more young and rich dude, and he tries to embarrassed me by collecting the car he got for me, the next two days after collecting the 2010 model Toyota Corolla, I got myself 2018 model Lexus 350. He ended up so embarrassed and so pained.
2018 is kinda old. How about a 2022 highlander.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by 001spice: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

My sugar daddy then get jealous because I dumped his fucken ass and dilapidated body to a more young and rich dude, and he tries to embarrassed me by collecting the car he got for me, the next two days after collecting the 2010 model Toyota Corolla, I got myself 2018 model Lexus 350. He ended up so embarrassed and so pained.
Lori Iro
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Godfather898989: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
Put yourself in op shoes Papi, my guy been the expect Christmas money u know show some empathy pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by gokecont(m): 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
No
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by omooba969(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Onyi22 is that you?

Inukwa! grin
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Wazobia2216: 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2022
Skyfornia:
It's obvious you wanted to collect December salary and leave...

I don't support the owner of the school, but some employees like OP deserve what he got.

The standard procedure for leaving a job is to give atleast two weeks notice to the management. But many of you will collect salary at the end of the month and disappear without notice...

Put yourself in their shoes.
You will hardly see members of staff leave a place they are treated well.

Many of these employers are over greedy and stressful yet expect the best

You will only receive what you give!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by harmargedon: 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2022
Skyfornia:

I don't support the owner of the school, but some employees like OP deserve what he got.

The standard procedure for leaving a job is to give atleast two weeks notice to the management. But many of you will collect salary at the end of the month and disappear without notice...

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Lamasta(m): 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2022
Non really
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by PlsBanMe: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2022
Obviously you haven't worked in a private school before.

If you have worked in one that gives you 20k monthly and even deduct from it or fail to pay on time, you will leave immediately you find one that pays 30k above.

If you are to give a month notice, another job seeker will secure that job and you continue the super slavery.

If you work in organisation with structure, you may give notice. In most private schools, there no structure. You don't even get to get an appointment letter or condition of service when you start working.

I will bet the OP never got an appointment letter or any document stating he should notify them when he wants to leave.
Skyfornia:

That's not any excuse for a staff to break work ethics, it's even the more reason for you to tender a resignation letter as stipulated in your offer letter.

I have worked severally in many organizations, but I still maintain cordial relationship with all of them, even the ones that treated me badly.

Do your part even if your employer is not doing his/her part.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by DeeOne98(m): 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJjTlq4FG2I

Na why this Homewin thing is the way forward
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by tillaman(m): 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

My sugar daddy then get jealous because I dumped his fucken ass and dilapidated body to a more young and rich dude, and he tries to embarrassed me by collecting the car he got me, the next two days after collecting the 2010 model Toyota Corolla, I got myself 2018 model Lexus 350. He ended up so embarrassed and so pained.
wow
Clap for yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by judedwriter(m): 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
Na Wa ohhh....

School matter no dey finish.
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Crisey: 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
Skyfornia:

Do you even have a job? Have you ever had a job either employ or self employed. Coz you dey talk like say na caburetor ur head dey use.

12 Likes

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Timibraun0010: 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
Skyfornia:

You have a very shallow thinking. What's the standard procedure for refusing to pay your staff without any reason. A few days to Christmas. Why you're enjoying the Christmas with your family ,your staff should be eating stone. You're a prayer point nobody should pray to work for if this is how you reason.

18 Likes

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by BePrepared: 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

My sugar daddy then get jealous because I dumped his fucken ass and dilapidated body to a more young and rich dude, and he tries to embarrassed me by collecting the car he got me, the next two days after collecting the 2010 model Toyota Corolla, I got myself 2018 model Lexus 350. He ended up so embarrassed and so pained.

MadamLinusVenessa

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Cerebellum: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
Skyfornia:

And it's both obvious and sad you thought you've said something reasonable..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by AFONAMARO: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
Winters23:
[s][/s]

Look who feeds on less than 100k a month calling her ex employer stupid.

The stupid one here is you.

People like you should be blacklisted from paid employment for life.

Go start your own school let's see how well you do.

People like you will owe your employees without remorse. And when they revolt, you call them names.

By their comments, we shall know them

11 Likes

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by NaijaCars4sale: 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2022
Honestly, I've never experienced this
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Winters23: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2022
[s]
AFONAMARO:

People like you will owe your employees without remorse. And when they revolt, you call them names.

By their comments, we shall know them
[/s]
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by BeardGangJnr1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

LoLs.... Madam, u too dey watch film grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by NotoriousBiggyS: 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

No be Vanessa staying for pako house near ikate lekki slum be this?
Y u come dey form for here

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Yusufisraelj(m): 2:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Skyfornia:

That's not any excuse for a staff to break work ethics, it's even the more reason for you to tender a resignation letter as stipulated in your offer letter.

I have worked severally in many organizations, but I still maintain cordial relationship with all of them, even the ones that treated me badly.

Wise words
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Bmaster(m): 2:05pm On Apr 25, 2022
PlsBanMe:
The reason why most collect their hard earned money and leave without notice is because where they work isn't actually work but slavery. Do you have any idea what happens in private schools?

Most school owners treat their workers like trash because they know there are armies of unemployed.

Why will any reasonable employer refuse to pay December salary until January when we know December is very important?

Some places of work will even give you December bonus while the one like OP will rather make their December miserable.

That employer deserve what he got.

na true u talk
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by BlueAir: 2:09pm On Apr 25, 2022
undecided who asked u for all these stories
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2022
Alaefulu:
Some people are just inbuilt with first degree of wickedness, imagine you and your sweat
Heart of men is wicked gan, who owes someone december pay...that may not even be up to 20k

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by bmasz(m): 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2022
Skyfornia:

Most places like that don't have offer letter.

No standard of any sort...,

na just to open school employ teachers den saving.
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by bmasz(m): 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
Skyfornia:

Most places like that don't have offer letter.

No standard of any sort...,

na just to open school employ teachers dem sabi.
Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by FutureIsFemale(f): 2:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
HUSTLER001:
Lol grin. I remember how I worked as a teacher in 2020 after the lockdown. I'd lost my job before the lockdown.

The proprietress did the unthinkable. She left us all in shock when she arranged for a meeting with teachers at the end of the term.

At the meeting,she said she was not going to pay us for December as we go for Christmas break until we resume by middle of January. My brother,I almost ran mad.

The stupid woman was actually telling us this three days to Christmas. Some female teachers begged and cried but it fell on deaf ears.

Inside my mind the woman didn't know that behind my gentleness is some touches of craze. So,as a gentleman, I decided to approach her after the meeting and asked for at least a loan of #5,000 to at least give my woman for Christmas.

She agreed to loan me and asked me to come to school the following day. I became a bit relieved and left for home. I came to school the following day and met the school gate locked and then I called the proprietress only for her to tell me she'd travelled.

That was where I felt i'd had enough of it. I left the stupid school without notice and let them have the one month salary. As soon as the next term began,the proprietress husband who comes to the school from time to time started calling me.

To cut the story short,this man saw me on the road one day and then parked his car. He started swearing that I was the reason his school was going down. He even threatened to beat me up. Aaah! That was where my head scattered. "In my area",I responded. "You will not leave here the Same way you came",I responded.

The man quickly turned on his car and drove off. God really saved him maybe I could have done the needful and then report myself at the police station. grin

I always laugh each time I remember that encounter.
Hope you weren't teaching in English language?

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by Dmacqh(m): 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
Mindlog:

Daydreaming.......

Boss , there are some monikers that always post stuffs to get attention. Clout chasers . They must bring something contrary to the opinions or post . They keep on jumping on different post . They are advertising. They are ready to reply to every mentions and argue to force their opinion.

I know them ( the person you quoted is one of them ) . Best way is to read and avoid their post ( no likes or mentions).

If this is done , observe their post , after 1 or 2 weeks they don’t get attentions ( mentions and likes) , they will recheck their post .

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by simpleseyi: 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
Skyfornia:

Please give me one reason why Thunder should not strike you.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? by FutureIsFemale(f): 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I have always thought a male to be behind this account.
Your comments in rape threads speak volumes. Now I know better.

Good day sir.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trade Marketing Representative At British American Tobacco / Lagos State Ministry Of Education Is To Recruit Qualified Teachers / I Finally Secured A Job..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.