Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? (36880 Views)

How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? / See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by greggng: 2:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
austinelex:
bro pls give me the site for CBN I have same issue

Go through this screen shots and you can see on the cbn screen shot their email ...specifically used to report a financial institution. Just pick it from the screen shot .

The second screenshot is for efcc.

Steps

Write your bank via your email .then copy cbn and efcc.

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by arantess: 2:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
Adamumd:

You used your card on same bank ATM machine? I used Gtcard or Accessbank machine yesterday and got debited, i laid complain online and in bank and they told mw 8 working days... What bank is involved in yours, worst part it's my last card
Fcmb on access

Useless accessbank
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by stanquit(m): 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
Go to the bank raise your voice at the customer care
still the bank manager will come down from his office.if you are gentle they will take for granted
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by xcelpro: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.
Please how do I recover my money from Union Bank?
On 19th April 2022, I went to use their ATM at about 8:10 a.m and I was debited N20k without cash dispense because the machine went off while counting the money due to power failure from the bank's generator house.
After 24hrs I went to their branch to lay a compliant and they acknowledged the dispense error and started that it will be reversed after 24hrs which did not happen.
I called their customer care line 2 days later and one of their agent told me that it will be reversed after 24hrs and that she has sent It for manual reversal.
Despite this I didn't get the reversal.

I again went to the bank last week Friday, 23rd April and the customer service apologized that it must be reversed that day which did not still happen.
I chatted them up on Twitter, and they claim that it has been reversed, and after proving that nothing has been reversed they stopped responding to my messages on Twitter.
I sent them a mail and they didn't respond till yesterday, where they stated that the issue will be resolve within 48 hours.
Nothing has happened yet.
I tried calling their their customer service now and I noticed that I can no longer reach them with my two lines, probably they blocked my line.

P.s; I am fully aware that they have breached their obligation in respect to banker-customer relationship and that I would be entitled to damages if I sue them for this.
But the truth is, instituting a legal action now would be too expensive for me coupled with the litigation process.

Please what do you suggest I do apart from litigation?
MODIFIED

Thank you Nairaland and everyone for your advice.
After my post was moved to the front page by the mods, I received a call from a staff of the bank early this morning apologising for the inconveniences and that the fund will be reversed.
After that, I received a series of calls this afternoon from their head office in Lagos and also the branch I went to complain apologising for the same.
In less than no time my money was reversed back.

Thank you, everyone.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by lookingfly: 3:54pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kodifashionhub3:

They get scared of that alot. I have actually sent an email before to UBA customer service threatening to report them to CBN if you see the way they rush call begin apologize
lol
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by cyrusmillz: 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

Send an email address to the branch email detailing everything that happened with screenshots of chats and calls , twitter convo and every evidence you have. Now cc their head office email and CBN cpd@ cbn. gov. ng
contactcbn@cbn. gov .ng .Believe me they'll answer you within 24hra
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by austinelex: 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
Adamumd:

When did this happen and how many days have you waited?
Mine they told me 8 working days
they said till 9 of may since last have been waiting
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by austinelex: 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
Adamumd:

When did this happen and how many days have you waited?
Mine they told me 8 working days
they told me till 9 of may have been waiting since last week
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by DrDunamis(m): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.
Please how do I recover my money from Union Bank?
On 19th April 2022, I went to use their ATM at about 8:10 a.m and I was debited N20k without cash dispense because the machine went off while counting the money due to power failure from the bank's generator house.
After 24hrs I went to their branch to lay a compliant and they acknowledged the dispense error and started that it will be reversed after 24hrs which did not happen.
I called their customer care line 2 days later and one of their agent told me that it will be reversed after 24hrs and that she has sent It for manual reversal.
Despite this I didn't get the reversal.

I again went to the bank last week Friday, 23rd April and the customer service apologized that it must be reversed that day which did not still happen.
I chatted them up on Twitter, and they claim that it has been reversed, and after proving that nothing has been reversed they stopped responding to my messages on Twitter.
I sent them a mail and they didn't respond till yesterday, where they stated that the issue will be resolve within 48 hours.
Nothing has happened yet.
I tried calling their their customer service now and I noticed that I can no longer reach them with my two lines, probably they blocked my line.

P.s; I am fully aware that they have breached their obligation in respect to banker-customer relationship and that I would be entitled to damages if I sue them for this.
But the truth is, instituting a legal action now would be too expensive for me coupled with the litigation process.

Someone made a post some days back on how to report your bank to cbn. Do well to find that post
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by silibaba: 9:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
it will be very difficult to get your money back in this case.

but still, you have to go to the receiving bank twitter handle and lay your complain. avail them with every necessary details. meanwhile, make sure you do this all in twitter and copy CBN and others. they treat cases faster when you copy other financial regulatory bodies .

don't bother going to physical office, those customer service representative wont do anything. they will only tell you they have sent a mail and that you should give them time for the response from head office.
kkins25:
Im facing a similar issue with flutter. However, in my case, i was trying to send money from my barter account to my bank account and omitted one digit from it.

Even though there was a mish-match between the bank name and bank number, the transaction still processed and my barter account debited.

Its getting to a month, i contacted my bank, they told me to tell barter to reverse the money. Im assuming that my bank believes the money didn't go anywhere.

But thats not what barter is telling me. Barter claims the money had been received by someone else, and that they have tried to contact the receiving bank but are yet to receive feedback.

Any suggestions?
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Adamumd(m): 6:40am On Apr 27, 2022
austinelex:
they told me till 9 of may have been waiting since last week
That's two weeks
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by fartguy: 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2022
SocialJustice:
What of person like me that is using digital bank? Where do I exercise my violence?

Since It is digital,u digitalize ur violence. You drag them on social media. Just continue dragging them on every post they make.comment the anomaly in their service. They will reply u swiftly. Nobody wants his or her biz tarnished.if they re genuine

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by SocialJustice: 7:46am On Apr 28, 2022
fartguy:

Since It is digital,u digitalize ur violence. You drag them on social media. Just continue dragging them on every post they make.comment the anomaly in their service. They will reply u swiftly. Nobody wants his or her biz tarnished.if they re genuine
Thanks, I've already acted on this after reading. Make we see who go lose pass.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Lingudy(m): 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2022
Hopefully the issue got resolved since.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu's Mother Celebrating Her 90th Birthday In Few Days Time (Photos) / Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc / Soccer Tips For Pros.. Make That Money Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.