Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? (36877 Views)

How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? / See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by chloride6: 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
Go to your bank
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by RedNeck1(m): 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2022
E

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by hupo: 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2022
In my opinion, I think so long as you did not receive the cash from the ATM it will reflect on your account statement.

So quietly visit another branch and request for your statement of account. You will notice a Debit of the said amount with a reference “NR”.

Let them authenticate the document then you draw their attention to it.

They will have no choice then oblige you. This is exactly have I solved mine with ECOBANK

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by erasergozy: 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
Are you banking with them?

If yes, visit any of their branches and lay your complain and let it be documented.

If you're not banking with them visit your own bank and do same.

It may take some days but it will be resolved.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Efecyril: 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
It will be reversed don't worry
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by ArewaTech1(m): 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2022
Just go there and act like a mad man. grin grin grin

Yell at the top of your voice on the customer care person (the one that told you the transaction would be reversed).

You go get audience with the branch manager in no time.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by vb0mb(m): 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2022
Engrr:
So Union Bank has a Twitter account? I never knew !

You are ancient of Benin days

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by silibaba: 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.
Please how do I recover my money from Union Bank?
On 19th April 2022, I went to use their ATM at about 8:10 a.m and I was debited N20k without cash dispense because the machine went off while counting the money due to power failure from the bank's generator house.
After 24hrs I went to their branch to lay a compliant and they acknowledged the dispense error and started that it will be reversed after 24hrs which did not happen.
I called their customer care line 2 days later and one of their agent told me that it will be reversed after 24hrs and that she has sent It for manual reversal.
Despite this I didn't get the reversal.

I again went to the bank last week Friday, 23rd April and the customer service apologized that it must be reversed that day which did not still happen.
I chatted them up on Twitter, and they claim that it has been reversed, and after proving that nothing has been reversed they stopped responding to my messages on Twitter.
I sent them a mail and they didn't respond till yesterday, where they stated that the issue will be resolve within 48 hours.
Nothing has happened yet.
I tried calling their their customer service now and I noticed that I can no longer reach them with my two lines, probably they blocked my line.

P.s; I am fully aware that they have breached their obligation in respect to banker-customer relationship and that I would be entitled to damages if I sue them for this.
But the truth is, instituting a legal action now would be too expensive for me coupled with the litigation process.

Please what do you suggest I do apart from litigation?

while writing them on twitter next time, copy CBN, EFCC,FMF,NDIC, ICPC,NIC and thank me later. it wont get to 24hrs, your money will be reversed.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Kodifashionhub3: 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2022
lookingfly:
threaten to report them to CBN, them go return your money with plenty begss
They get scared of that alot. I have actually sent an email before to UBA customer service threatening to report them to CBN if you see the way they rush call begin apologize

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by ntipro: 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigerian banks are full of incompetent staff

I have been going to UBA for three days now to get an issue sorted in my account. Two times, they promised that my account will be sorted out in 24hrs all to no avail.
Tomorrow, they must provide explanation to me or I will misbehave inside banking hall.

Op, occupy the bank
They will have no choice than to refund you your money. They hate it when someone is constituting nuisance while at work.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigeria wasn't like this before the almighty dullard came in. In few days to come bank start closing accounts along with people's money to use it offset loans they will give federal government... end time is here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Emmyboi2010: 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.
On 19th April 2022, I went to use their ATM at about 8:10 a.m and I was debited N20k without cash dispense because the machine went off while counting the money due to power failure from the bank's generator house.
After 24hrs I went to their branch to lay a compliant and they acknowledged the dispense error and started that it will be reversed after 24hrs which did not happen.
I called their customer care line 2 days later and one of their agent told me that it will be reversed after 24hrs and that she has sent It for manual reversal.

I again went to the bank last week Friday, 23rd April and the customer service apologized that it must be reversed that day which did not still happen.
I chatted them up on Twitter, and they claim that it has been reversed, and after proving that nothing has been reversed they stopped responding to my messages on Twitter.
I sent them a mail and they didn't respond till yesterday, where they stated that the issue will be resolve within 48 hours.
I tried calling their their customer service now and I noticed that I can no longer reach them with my two lines, probably they blocked my line.

P.s; I am fully aware that they have breached their obligation in respect to banker-customer relationship and that I would be entitled to damages if I sue them for this.
But the truth is, instituting a legal action now would be too expensive for me coupled with the litigation process.

climb on the mail thet send to you and forward to CBN and put them in copy that is Contactcenter@nissn.com, contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng or call

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by EduBrazil1991(m): 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
Stop going there as a gentleman, go like an average Nigerian Man. Make noise and stop one or two of their customer care agents.

Within a blink of an eye, their manager go show.

Wear jeans trousers and oversized polo with Burna cap.

Apply this advice and remember to come to pay tithes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
I think it will take 5 working days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2022
How do u guys manage to bank with uba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Jh0wsef(m): 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2022
Lol
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by KingMack(m): 10:54pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

Sometimes it takes 7working days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Wande22(m): 10:54pm On Apr 25, 2022
Send A Mail to cod@cenbank.org cc Union Bank in the mail Send The Necessary information thank Me later

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.....

Many of these customer care dudes are contract staff and most just follow a script when responding to complaints.

If you really need your money, go to their branch, preferably the branch of the ATM you used, and insist on seeing signs that you're going to recover your money. Don't listen to their "I've escalated it" or "lodged a complaint", or whatever other excuse they make. Let them know you've lost confidence in their system and assurances and want to see some real results. If you're insistent, they'd usually refer you to a senior permanent bank staff who'd look into your complaints.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by macjurek(m): 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2022
If you are given incident ticket number,then report to CBN through their website and copy all chats with them(Union Bank) to complaint sector of bank customer.

This will keep them on their toes,to do the needful.

Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by nathaniel27(m): 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2022
Baba go cos wahala for one of their branch everyday

Or
Go carry one of their fine sales girl anytime they return your money u return her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

Tell your lawyer to write them a strongly worded letter for breach of fiduciary duties or go into the bank and make better noise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by eazyduzit: 10:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
There was thread created here on how to report them to CBN,follow the thread and do exactly what was written on the thread and see the magic how your money will be reversed with immediate alacrity.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by sasview: 10:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

If your affected account domicile in Union bank pull out the contact of your account officer from their mobile app, call him or her and narrate your story he/she should be able to resolve it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by whysquare4real(m): 10:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

report them via 'fidbark' on Facebook or twitter. Am sure the platform will help you retrieve your money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by VEHINTOLAR: 10:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
It's really sad that no one is talking to you on the subject matter again; truly sad ! If I may ask you,in which of the branches of the bank did the incident happen ? Please call out the name of that branch here and you'll be surprised what will happen between now and this week Wednesday.

Atm dispense error reconciliation can be funny sometimes,trust me. It may look as though no one is doing anything about your complaint but trust me,a lot is going on behind the scene to resolve the issue. You'll definitely be refunded bro,please be patient with them.

Now, let's see what will happen between now and this week Wednesday but if nothing happens,call me out here and I'll tell you what to do.

Cheers !!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by greggng: 11:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

Each time I have such issues ,I do write to cbn complaint department...they ve their email on the official website of cbn. I do copy efcc and my bank . Within 24 hours my money is back in my acct

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Risingblue008(m): 11:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
as for my bank,UBA,i mad for dem na,they were holding my money for 3-4months,i say,i naked live for bank na,na for there dem belief say na mad man wey dey hide he identity dem dey follow do businesss since wey dem no knw,
na so dem rush give me my money sharp sharp,dey begged me to put on my cloths back,i no gree,i told them dt i'm goin to put on my cloths outside their bank so that pple passin will knw whr i'm coming out from.
omo dis pple beg me die na. grin grin grin
i'm still willing to do more than that if they tried dt wit me next time sad sad sad sad
banks r scammers now,they r d real scammers.
banks wey suppose to dey keep our money,na dem wan steal am from us in d name of network,make thunder fire dier lives

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by LegendaryArnold(m): 11:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

First thing tomorrow, go to the bank, off all your cloth and block the passage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by fartguy: 11:05pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigerians only understand violence. Going there as a gentle man won't yield any positive result. Go there tomorrow,shout and display madness. In the banking hall.creat a scene bro. Act and show them drama.block d cashier 4rm attending to customers..... Cum here and brief me d outcome 2moro.

DNT 4get 2 bring me suya and fura de nunu as a sign of appreciation.

Make d vawulence rise like Ijebu garri there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by olopolo2k: 11:05pm On Apr 25, 2022
This issue is a very simple one, I worked in union Bank and other banks for years before settling down for personal business. If your complaint is as stated, do a letter to union bank address it to head of internal control with a copy to inspection department and CBN dispute resolution department. You will get your money in three days

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by toprealman: 11:06pm On Apr 25, 2022
4teenblaq:
Start going to the branch everyday and complain until they get tired of you, then they will have no option than to refund you your money...

Don't give them breathing space.
What if OP doesn't have that kind of time?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu's Mother Celebrating Her 90th Birthday In Few Days Time (Photos) / Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc / Soccer Tips For Pros.. Make That Money Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.