Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

- Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (4344 Views)

9 Different Types Of Boyfriends Nigerian Girls Keep (photos) / Those Who Asked For My Picture On The"why Do Girls Keep Running Away From..... / Why Do Girls Keep Running Away From Me Even Though I'm Good-Looking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
When a visitor comes to your house, it's good to give them drinks like Maltina, Coca-Cola drink, beer, etc. and since the bottle is small, they know everything inside belongs to them, but when the bottle is big and there is glass on the table, they should at least use their brains to know it's not 100% theirs and they're not meant to finish them.

I have noticed something with 90% of female visitors and 80% of male visitors.

Whenever they come, I always bring an untouched Hollandia yogurt, pineapple juice, alcohol, wine, etc. I bring them so we can drink, but to my surprise, they take it as if it's 100% theirs.

They either finish it, take it home with them, or only remain something that can't fill a glass. Yes, just one person. C'mon, this hungry behavior isn't cool.

I'm outspoken, but I don't like talking about it in front of them or with anyone to avoid making them feel I see them as hungry people with big stomach.

When I drop a bottle of groundnut on the table, they try to finish it before they go. It's getting out of hand. Almost all Nigerian girls I invite are doing this.

Has the hunger in town gotten to this level where people can't control their food consumption? People like us who hardly eat much see this as weird.

If you want food, go to the kitchen — I have a carton of indomie there.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: by IMO01: 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2022
This guy sef

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
The person above is probably one of those who don't have mercy on who they visit. Visitors should have some conscience.

7 Likes

Re: by Opperwezen(m): 1:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
This is very funny but true lol, finishing a bottle of groundnut is bad habit but I wouldn't say the same for a litre of beverage tho. If it annoys you then you can serve the beverage into a glass cup next time...
Personally I can finish a litre of beverage if the conversation is interesting

2 Likes

Re: by Chaos14: 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
iLegenddNoReply:
The person above is probably one of those who don't have mercy on who they visit. Visitors should have some conscience.
then why did you drop it in the first place
Re: by hakym619(m): 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
Not all sir.
I pray you meet trained individuals
Re: by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
Yes, not all. The men do that too. Based on how we were trained, we don't finish things like that. We eat with conscience even if the person who bought it is a billionaire.

1 Like

Re: by Eben91: 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2022
Me that will finish your 1liter Hollandia youghurt and will be expecting another one, just don't invite me

6 Likes

Re: by Eben91: 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2022
hakym619:
Not all sir.
I pray you meet trained individuals
No be only trained person, listen to this fela's song, "I no be gentle man"

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
One Hollandia is 900 over here. Not big money, but I can't finish it. Drinking half is okay, but finishing it as if it a can of maltina is overdrinking and it's not healthy.

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 26, 2022
The funny thing is, when they enter kitchen, they try their best to finish the catfish peppersoup. Someone like me, a pot of soup will serve me for a month. I don't eat much — peace of mind is my greatest food.

All I'm trying to say is, when a Nigerian visits you and the person knows you have money or at least you don't lack money, they eat as if it's a competition. It's not good. Eat, but don't finish everything you see.

6 Likes

Re: by headbasher96(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ego dan make u the carry everything enter nl abi answer me this?

Do u give them the drink as courtesy for visting u as your guest or u give them because of clout.

Because in african tradition i know there is something called kola for visitors i even believe your culture too practice it

Oga stop this one wey u start u are above 900 or even 7m dont bring yourself down make this hungry boys start to see u as broke u know say when them open nl plus hunger wey they belle them no the sabi elder maintain that respect wey i the give u

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
Nigerians are too manipulative. Someone above is talking about 900 Naira being small — which is true and at the same time, not true.

He is also talking about "people not seeing me as broke" — which is manipulation. If I claim not to be broke, I'm indirectly inviting beggars and haters who will say abusive things.

You know, haters get jealous easily. The only way to please them is to act as if your situation is worse than theirs.

In that statement, what he's trying to do is to make me pose as a rich guy to be respected or for him to maintain the respect he has for me.

So, he has that respect because he feels I have money. I'm glad I didn't reply the DM he sent me some weeks ago. It would've ended in him begging for money.

In summary, he can't respect people who are broke. Unfortunately, I'm broke. He should stop respecting me and respect Elon Musk instead.

6 Likes

Re: by Chaos14: 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
iLegenddNoReply:
Nigerians are too manipulative. Someone above is talking about 900 Naira being small — which is true and at the same time, not true.

He is also talking about "people not seeing me as broke" — which is manipulation. If I claim not to be broke, I'm indirectly inviting beggars and haters who will say abusive things.

You know, haters get jealous easily. The only way to please them is to act as if your situation is worse than theirs.

In that statement, what he's trying to do is to make me pose as a rich guy to be respected or for him to maintain the respect he has for me.

So, he has that respect because he feels I have money. I'm glad I didn't reply the DM he sent me some weeks ago. It would've ended in him begging for money.

In summary, he can't respect people who are broke. Unfortunately, I'm broke.
So what you're saying is that to prevent unnecessary stress in life you must pretend to be broke so that you wouldn't spend money but what Famil
Re: by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
@Chaos14, spend on your family. They mean the most to you. Act broke to outsiders — they don't deserve seeing how rich or wealthy you are because it will trigger envy in them.

Act as if you're poorer than them. When they compliment you of how accomplished you are, turn it to a joke and tell them you're too broke to be accomplished.

Always claim to be stingy in front of them so that when they talk against you of how stingy you are behind your back, it won't hurt you.

When they least expect it, help them, but don't make it look as if you'll always be there to help them. If you do, they'll start leeching and the day you'll refuse, you'll become their enemy and they'll deal with you for it behind your back.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: by Dreadlock69(m): 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
Zukwanike

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
If, it were me I would have likely do thesame thing, after all are we not paddies again? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
iLegenddNoReply:
When a visitor comes to your house, it's good to give them drinks like Maltina, Coca-Cola drink, beer, etc. and since the bottle is small, they know everything inside belongs to them, but when the bottle is big and there is glass on the table, they should at least use their brains to know it's not 100% theirs and they're not meant to finish them.

Whenever they come, I always bring an untouched Hollandia yogurt, pineapple juice, alcohol, wine, etc. I bring them so we can drink, but to my surprise, they take it as if it's 100% theirs.

They either finish it, take it home with them, or only remain something that can't fill a glass. Yes, just one person. C'mon, this hungry behavior isn't cool.

I'm outspoken, but I don't like talking about it in front of them or with anyone to avoid making them feel I see them as hungry people with big stomach.

When I drop a bottle of groundnut on the table, they try to finish it before they go. It's getting out of hand. Almost all Nigerian girls I invite are doing this.

Has the hunger in town gotten to this level where people can't control their food consumption? People like us who hardly eat much see this as weird.

Eweeeey I don't know how to food in another person's house but if you like buy a carton of hollandia I will finish it so far as you don't tell me not to , you kept it in my front , next t time drop two glasses and pour it yourself , be a gentleman

Alpha males be like " Why would I be pouring drink with my own hand when there is a woman around I'M A MAN FFS , she's supposed to know"
Re: by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2022
The comment above cracked me up — especially the alpha male part. grin

I actually bring two glasses and pour them to the brim. Anyway, I have to accept it and not complain again. Almost all the comments above said they'll do the same. Ahh! cheesy
Re: by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
iLegenddNoReply:
The comment above cracked me up — especially the alpha male part. grin

I actually bring two glasses and pour them to the brim. Anyway, I have to accept it and not complain again. Almost all the comments above said they'll do the same. Ahh! cheesy
you dunno what's going on..
Re: by Izprince(m): 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
Bro scarcity promotes greed... I remember when I got a job with Microsoft, there is always staff food, for the first one week I was eating as if It's do or die... But when I saw the food is ever flowing my mentality changed...

6 Likes

Re: by labake1(f): 10:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
iLegenddNoReply:
One Hollandia is 900 over here. Not big money, but I can't finish it. Drinking half is okay, but finishing it as if it a can of maltina is overdrinking and it's not healthy.

Not healthy ke
If it's a crate you brought, I go finish am. Na you want visitor grin

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
@Labake1

When you'll be paying the price with rough doggy, don't complain.
Re: by tizzle(m): 3:26am On Apr 27, 2022
Invite a camerounian girl next time or an American

1 Like

Re: by phemmyfour: 6:06am On Apr 27, 2022
iLegenddNoReply:

Stop living a fake life. Give visitors what you can afford and stop ranting when they are gone

2 Likes

Re: by Fremantle: 7:24am On Apr 27, 2022
iLegenddNoReply:

When you'll be paying the price, don't complain.
OP based on your complaint, I think it depends on certain individuals. I would say most treats offered to guests, 80% of those offering it offer it with the intent of the guest finishing that treat.

Although where common sense comes in is when as a guest u're being offered something ment for two or three individuals and only you finish
It (like offering someone a 1litre coke or something that large)

There was a friend of mine I visited her place, she offered me Chi-Exocti I was the person who tore of the lid, she brought along a glass by the side, we were gisting and I was drinking, I took about a glass and half, left the rest.

On getting home later that evening cos we went out from her place, I got a text from her saying I should come and finish what I kept, me not understanding I asked what, she said I should come and carry the Chi-Exotic I left at her place that she thought I finished it. I was like how do u expect me to finish that, we ended the conversation by she saying, she will keep it for whenever I pay her a visit again.

So OP it depends, personally how I was brought up, if I offer u Malta, Coke, anything treat and probably food, and you don't finish it or eat and drink half way, after you've gone, I'll empty the leftovers in the Dustbin, I have a dog now so leftover food isn't a problem anymore.

2 Likes

Re: by Chibuezem(m): 8:21am On Apr 27, 2022
IMO01:
This guy sef
as in eh which kain insult be this.
Re: by Nazgul: 8:35am On Apr 27, 2022
For me I'd say next time if it's a liter of juice, dish it out yourself or better still come with two glasses cos from your post, I believe it's safe to conclude that you come with just one glass.

With two glasses on the table, even the dumbest person would know that it's meant for two people.

Sometimes it's not really hunger that's worrying them (especially the guys) they might just conclude that you're being generous and innocently empty the drink.

So in my opinion, state it clearly.

If you're my visitor and I bring out a drink which I want us both to share, I'll definitely come with two glasses, and I'll be the one to open it pour for you and pour for myself, then we'll both enjoy the drink together. That's a much better way to handle it.

Cheers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: by labake1(f): 8:51am On Apr 27, 2022
iLegenddNoReply:
@Labake1

When you'll be paying the price with rough doggy, don't complain.

I see the problem now

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 27, 2022
@Nazgul

What you said is exactly what I do. At times, the glass is even more than two. Even with that, they feel all is theirs.
Re: by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2022
@phemmyfour:

Humans are commenting envious and irrelevant vessle like you wants to join too? I laugh at you with this one and only reply you'll ever get.

I know you'll soon pour your frustrations on innocent people on any thread you comment. It has always been your way. cheesy

Your mates are inheriting good behaviors but you chose the envy that runs in your lineage. #Smile.
Re: by pmc01(m): 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2022
grin grin grin

This is simply hilarious

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Introduced Me As A Neighbour Today / My Boo gets tired of kisses easily: Is he still attracted to me? / Pls Read.. A Muslim Guy Vs Jehovah Witness Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.