Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far - Programming (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far (47601 Views)

Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker / 5 Projects A Junior Developer Should Have In Their Portfolio To Get Hired Fast / Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by LUAN(m): 12:08am On Sep 23, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Javascript cannot run outside the browser meaning it does not run directly on your pc like other languages. Those other languages have compilers which compile the code to machine language or interpreters which intepret the code to the computer which is what you download before using those languages. For example if you want to code in python, u will go and download python. But you u didn’t download javascript before writing codes in it , so who is going to interpret javascript for your pic since u didn’t download any interpreter or compiler. You guessed right, the browser whether chrome or safari or any browser. So it’s the job of web browser developers to make sure their browsers understand javascript. That’s why you hear that some javascript features are not available in some browsers because the developers of that browser have not implemented it. Or that some features are not available in old browsers because when those old browsers where developed, these new features have not been discovered. The only way you can run javascript on your pc is by using node js
no vex Bro. .... i am still on a search for laptop at low budget...
I have 3 options for laptops...
one man that is shop look dirty with mixture of scrap laptop offer me this 2 laptops

1) i3, 5th gen _ lenovo, thinkpad e450 but has a weak battery.., 5% was out in 5min while .100k. no keyboard light...ram 4gb..
2) i5, 6th gen...dell latitude e5470, weak battery.might not last 2hr, while I was checking the system, 5% was out in 5min. 130k, with keyboard light...ram 8gb

Another man that has a clean shop, but has very expensive laptops offer me this
i3, 6th gen, hp probook, battery upto 3hrs. With keyboard light...130k..ram 4gb
Which one should i choose please?? ... really need to start something
Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by longjosh: 7:21am On Sep 23, 2022
LUAN:
one man that is shop look dirty with mixture of scrap laptop offer me this 2 laptops

1) i3, 5th gen _ lenovo, thinkpad e450 but has a weak battery.., 5% was out in 5min while .100k. no keyboard light...ram 4gb..
2) i5, 6th gen...dell latitude e5470, weak battery.might not last 2hr, while I was checking the system, 5% was out in 5min. 130k, with keyboard light...ram 8gb

Don't buy any of those laptops. You'll regret it when you start work, speaking from experience. One mistake most people make while searching for laptops to buy is not being patient enough. Calm down, search jiji and other market place, you'll get a good one. I bought my laptop 8gb ram, core i7 and SSD 256gb for 100k. It was like a steal, though it's from a friend.
I'll advise you be patient and do more search.

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by LUAN(m): 10:25am On Sep 23, 2022
longjosh:

Don't buy any of those laptops. You'll regret it when you start work, speaking from experience. One mistake most people make while searching for laptops to buy is not being patient enough. Calm down, search jiji and other market place, you'll get a good one. I bought my laptop 8gb ram, core i7 and SSD 256gb for 100k. It was like a steal, though it's from a friend.
thanks
Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by chukwuebuka65(m): 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2022
LUAN:

If you can’t wait to buy one with higher capacity,go
for the second man. You can upgrade later
Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by LUAN(m): 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2022
longjosh:

I got New deal today from another seller, he has clean laptops, 256ssd, 8gb ram, keyboard light, corei7, 6th gen...., But na hp not Dell ..I might settle for this ..170k

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by longjosh: 9:25am On Sep 24, 2022
LUAN:
I got New deal today from another seller, he has clean laptops, 256ssd, 8gb ram, keyboard light, corei7, 6th gen...., But na hp not Dell ..I might settle for this ..170k
This would be good. Wishing you best of luck �.
Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by francium001: 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2022
Good day and happy Sunday to you all

I have been going through this thread for quite awhile now and I am impressed with the motivation I am getting to start my journey into web development but I have a question to ask and it's thus, I don't have a laptop or desktop (though I am planning on getting one soon) for now just my Android phone, will I be able to far into learning web development with just my Android phone or should I wait until I get a laptop?

I have gotten the W3school app, sololearn app and other apps that I think I can learn from. I have been learning from those apps though not consistent due to my daily engagements but it seems as if I am not making any progress and that I am just wasting time and might restart relearning all I am learning now when I get a laptop?

Please Bosses in the house and those who might have started off with just an Android phone should let me know if I should wait or continue.

Sorry for the long epistle, I am just trying to make my situation understandable.
Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by AlchemyOfCodes: 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
Don't wait. Just begin!

francium001:
Good day and happy Sunday to you all

I have been going through this thread for quite awhile now and I am impressed with the motivation I am getting to start my journey into web development but I have a question to ask and it's thus, I don't have a laptop or desktop (though I am planning on getting one soon) for now just my Android phone, will I be able to far into learning web development with just my Android phone or should I wait until I get a laptop?

I have gotten the W3school app, sololearn app and other apps that I think I can learn from. I have been learning from those apps though not consistent due to my daily engagements but it seems as if I am not making any progress and that I am just wasting time and might restart relearning all I am learning now when I get a laptop?

Please Bosses in the house and those who might have started off with just an Android phone should let me know if I should wait or continue.

Sorry for the long epistle, I am just trying to make my situation understandable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by AlchemyOfCodes: 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2022
So guys, didn't do much today. Light wasn't stable. So I watched 40 mins of the YouTube 2.0 tutorials before bugs did it thing again. Really learnt a lot...material UI and how to read documentations on the go.

I was also able to solve another hackerrank question today... quite easy though...but my syntax was a little bit long. I was shocked when I saw someonelse solution which was just 2 lines long in Java....some people are just crazy in this programming thing.

Meanwhile just discovered there is an entirely new section for data structures. Been solving alogrithm questions all this while. Decided to take a peep into the data structures question. I ran out as fast as I came in grin...still have a long way to go in this DSA thing

Anyways e be like say ASUU won call off strike ooo. Me wey be say na only coding dey my head like this. Have to hit the books again.

Made some adjustments to schedule...might have to drop the zuri course for the mean time. Someone once said coding 10 mins everyday is better than coding 4 hrs a week. Any how this strike turns out...I won't stop coding.

4 Likes

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by francium001: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2022
Thanks, I am on it already, it's just that I am feeling like I am not making any progress for now
AlchemyOfCodes:
Don't wait. Just begin!

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Bossman(m): 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
It may feel like you are not making any progress, but just continue to read as much tutorials as you can. Once you get a computer and start to actually type and write programs or scripts and test them, then you will start to see results.

francium001:
Thanks, I am on it already, it's just that I am feeling like I am not making any progress for now

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by TheManOfTheYear: 8:34am On Oct 23, 2022
I just came on Nairaland to see someone claiming my story is fake because my writing style was too good grin
No be me say make you no go school or make you no sabi English.

There are too many crazy people on this forum honestly...
What do I stand to gain that I would come here and post lies? Like what exactly? Especially since it's an anonymous forum. ** Sighs **

He even claimed I'm running another account, LOL. There would always be people who aren't comfortable with your success, even if they do not know you from Adam, that's why you must be careful whom you share good news with..

Best to keep things to yourself, I only shared my experience here because the forum is anonymous and I just felt like making a motivation out of my experiences...

I'm 2 months into my first developer job, I barely even have time to come on here these days.. Omo, y'all will be fine

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by TheManOfTheYear: 8:54am On Oct 23, 2022
So people, I've not really been active on here, I apologize, work wan kee me lol grin

Soon, I'd be leaving the country for the first time (for work), and I'm super excited. My passport and visa ready, I need to do a COViD result test a day before the team leaves. Tech can literally change one's life, but at the same time, it has been so challenging lol.

My mental health was tested many times grin, but so far so good, I've been faring well. Thank you Lord!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Peterpan007(m): 8:59am On Oct 23, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
So people, I've not really been active on here, I apologize, work wan kee me lol grin

Soon, I'd be leaving the country for the first time (for work), and I'm super excited. My passport ready, I need to do a COViD result test a day before the team leaves. Tech can literally change one's life, but at the same time, it has been so challenging lol.

My mental health was tested many times grin, but so far so good, I've been faring well. Thank you Lord!

Man I'm happy for you man...

I pray it favours me like this one day to

5 Likes

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by TheManOfTheYear: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2022
Peterpan007:

Man I'm happy for you man...

I pray it favours me like this one day to
It will bro. Just keep the consistency (very important), that's what really counts. Don't ever get discouraged at any point in time, whether while learning or job searching. It just takes one YES to overwrite all the NO's

11 Likes

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Ajibade123(m): 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:

Soon, I'd be leaving the country for the first time (for work), and I'm super excited. My passport and visa ready, I need to do a COViD result test a day before the team leaves. Tech can literally change one's life, but at the same time, it has been so challenging lol.

Congratulations bro....I am so happy for you

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by jamznato: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
I just came on Nairaland to see someone claiming my story is fake because my writing style was too good grin
No be me say make you no go school or make you no sabi English.

There are too many crazy people on this forum honestly...
What do I stand to gain that I would come here and post lies? Like what exactly? Especially since it's an anonymous forum. ** Sighs **

He even claimed I'm running another account, LOL. There would always be people who aren't comfortable with your success, even if they do not know you from Adam, that's why you must be careful whom you share good news with..

Best to keep things to yourself, I only shared my experience here because the forum is anonymous and I just felt like making a motivation out of my experiences...

I'm 2 months into my first developer job, I barely even have time to come on here these days.. Omo, y'all will be fine

God bless you. People like us who love computer and started since but lost interest. Pick up programming and abandoned it have been strengthened. Thanks. at least i can still find one honest and open developer here. Its no longer like audio things. Meanwhile this is one of the best thread in programming section not those hid and seek ones that confuse the interested future.programmers

3 Likes

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Bossman(m): 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2022
Congrats to you! Just work hard and be humble, and everything will work out well for you. Can't go wrong with your career choice. Even my daughter who is a Sophomore in college is taking a Python class this semester. My son who is a senior in college already has a couple of programming classes under his belt.

Best of luck!

TheManOfTheYear:

4 Likes

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Emeraldfynest(m): 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2022
Interesting, congrats boss.
TheManOfTheYear:

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Lexcott: 10:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by TheManOfTheYear: 7:58am On Nov 04, 2022
Bossman:
Congrats to you! Just work hard and be humble, and everything will work out well for you. Can't go wrong with your career choice. Even my daughter who is a Sophomore in college is taking a Python class this semester. My son who is a senior in college already has a couple of programming classes under his belt.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much Boss man, you're an amazing personality on here.
You've been inspiring us in case you weren't aware

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by TheManOfTheYear: 7:59am On Nov 04, 2022
jamznato:

God bless you. People like us who love computer and started since but lost interest. Pick up programming and abandoned it have been strengthened. Thanks. at least i can still find one honest and open developer here. Its no longer like audio things. Meanwhile this is one of the best thread in programming section not those hid and seek ones that confuse the interested future.programmers
This means a lot to be chief. Thank you for real
Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by TheManOfTheYear: 8:01am On Nov 04, 2022
Hi people, currently at the airport heading to Addis Ababa (waiting for my flight).

I'm going to be talking about my 2 month industry experience so far.. this will give every aspiring software developer a view of what to expect and whatnot...

I should start composing this month

16 Likes

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Maxxim: 8:55am On Nov 04, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:

Glad to hear this, more blessing boss

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by 9jaChristainpri: 10:00am On Nov 04, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
Hi people, currently at the airport heading to Addis Ababa (waiting for my flight).

I'm going to be talking about my 2 month industry experience so far.. this will give every aspiring software developer a view of what to expect and whatnot...

I should start composing this weekend

Congratulations man.
Keep flying

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Emarex: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:

As an aspiring software engineer, I am really motivated by your experience. I look up to you as to gain from your industrial experience sir.

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by ExCommunicado1: 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:

Congrats man! Your story has been very inspiring and I can’t wait to read more of your experiences.

I’m currently an intern in a tech company and it has been very challenging but also very fulfilling when you finally accomplish what seemed like a difficult task.

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Efeboyi: 7:35am On Nov 19, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:

Tomorrow will be my turn embarassed embarassed embarassed
AMEN!
Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Danyl(m): 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
Sure just send a PM.
baba pls I go like that your CV sample o pls..how can I reach you
Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Josephkabila12: 10:31am On Dec 09, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:

Congratulations brother
Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Younggeek03(m): 6:46am On Dec 21, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:

Great, kindly do it.
Following.
Re: My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far by Lampert505(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baba, you fit 'shot' me your CV sample via email on my signature?, I'll greatly appreciate.

TheManOfTheYear:
Sure just send a PM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers / Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move / Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.