Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria (557 Views)

Jesus Christ Was Chosen Even Before Adam's Sin. God Does Not Make Mistakes / Pastor Olakunle Beloved: Sex Before Marriage Is Not Sin (Video) / Sin: God's Misunderstanding Of Human Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by treatise: 6:10am On Apr 28, 2022
Nigerians have been told categorically that a man’s decision to marry as many wives as he can handle is not a sin.

Yul Edochie: Polygamy not sin, God approves it – Omokri tells NigeriaPublished on April 27, 2022By John Owen Nwachukwu

Nigerians have been told categorically that a man’s decision to marry as many wives as he can handle is not a sin.

Reno Omokri, a social commentator, said that the Almighty God approves and even handed out many wives to some recognised characters in the bible stories such as King David and Solomon.

Omokri spoke on the backdrop of the news of popular Nollywood actor, Yule Edochie, taking another wife.

The senior wife of Edochie had come out to react as the actor welcomed a child with actress Judy Austin Muoghalu.

And this was after Edochie on Wednesday revealed he had a second wife as he showed off his son, Judy.

He wrote: “It’s time for the world to meet my son. His name is STAR DIKE MUNACHIMSO YUL-EDOCHIE.

“Born by my second wife @judyaustin1 And I love him so much, just as much as I love my other children.”
Reacting, Omokri, a self-acclaimed pastor, tweeted, “In my opinion, @YulEdochie has done no wrong.

“Polygamy is not a sin. God Himself gave David many wives-2 Samuel 12:18. Polygamy is only forbidden for Bishops, and elders in the church-1 Timothy 3:2. Monogamy is a Western construct, not a Christian one.
https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiYmh0dHBzOi8vZGFpbHlwb3N0Lm5nLzIwMjIvMDQvMjcveXVsLWVkb2NoaWUtcG9seWdhbXktbm90LXNpbi1nb2QtYXBwcm92ZXMtaXQtb21va3JpLXRlbGxzLW5pZ2VyaWEv0gFoaHR0cHM6Ly9kYWlseXBvc3QubmcvMjAyMi8wNC8yNy95dWwtZWRvY2hpZS1wb2x5Z2FteS1ub3Qtc2luLWdvZC1hcHByb3Zlcy1pdC1vbW9rcmktdGVsbHMtbmlnZXJpYS8_YW1wPTE?hl=en-NG&gl=NG&ceid=NG%3Aen

1 Like

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by saintokwuluora(m): 6:15am On Apr 28, 2022
Reno should ashamed of himself if he truly said this. Let him show us one place in the New Testament where polygamy is approved, because he is not a Christian based on Old Testament which is the foundation of Judaism not Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by midolian(m): 6:19am On Apr 28, 2022
saintokwuluora:
Reno should ashamed of himself if he truly said this. Let him show us one place in the New Testament where polygamy is approved, because he is not a Christian based on Old Testament which is the foundation of Judaism not Christianity.
show us one place in the new testament where polygamy is a sin

2 Likes

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by CoronaVirusPro: 6:30am On Apr 28, 2022
Case closed!
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by Shedrack777: 6:31am On Apr 28, 2022
you see all these nairaland claiming polygamy is wrong, are the same people who phuck and and get phucked and asking for more yesterday. just the one up there saying it's not in the new testament, as if he's a virgin

2 Likes

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by CoronaVirusPro: 6:35am On Apr 28, 2022
Exodus 21 :10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

4 Likes

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by Aboks(m): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2022
Let him enjoy his new puna jare abeg make una leave am alone
grin

1 Like

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by saintokwuluora(m): 7:06am On Apr 28, 2022
midolian:
show us one place in the new testament where polygamy is a sin
Kindly read MATTHEW 19:3-9; 1 COR 7:1-5.

1 Like

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by midolian(m): 8:01am On Apr 28, 2022
saintokwuluora:

Kindly read MATTHEW 19:3-9; 1 COR 7:1-5.
1 Corinthians 7:1-5
New International Version
Concerning Married Life
7 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.”(A) 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife,(B) and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time,(C) so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan(D) will not tempt you(E) because of your lack of self-control.

Matthew 19:3-9
3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife(A) for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a](B) 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?(C) 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”(D)

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Now show me where it is stated that polygamy is a sin undecided

The verses up here talks about adultery and not polygamy. So when you quote me, have this at the back of your mind before spewing the nonsense in ya head

2 Likes

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by MrPresident1: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2022
Monogamy is only stated for those who aspire to be Deacons and Bishops.

Polygamy is all over the Bible. Polygamy is not a sin
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:27am On Apr 28, 2022
Yes... it wouldn't be a sin to those who are not true followers of Christ but only looking for anything in the Bible to justify their lustful tendencies.
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by peggywebbs(f): 8:41am On Apr 28, 2022
Polygamy is not a sin but the truth is you can't love two people equally. If you're bringing another in, the love will diminish. It's like buying a new car. You won't have much time with the old one but rather show off your new ride.

You may even contenplate selling it off. So polygamy isn't great. It breeds spite, jealousy, resentment and many bitter feelings in the home. Children suffer it more because they always have to compete for attention. I'm really disappointed in Yul, because he should know better. We claim our generation is enlightened and we strive not to make the mistakes people did in the past. But here we are, repeating history's mistakes.

I guess people never really change, we continue to live in a never ending cycle of dysfunction.
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by saintokwuluora(m): 9:09am On Apr 28, 2022
midolian:

Concerning Married Life
7 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.”(A) 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife,(B) and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time,(C) so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan(D) will not tempt you(E) because of your lack of self-control.

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife(A) for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a](B) 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?(C) 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”(D)

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

If you are married and have sex outside of marriage, it is called Adultery, a sin. From what Jesus said in Matthew 19, it is Adultery if you are married and yet get married again to another woman for whatever reason. Sin is sin, that we are all entangled in it should not make us justify it, that makes the conscience dead.
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by AntiChristian: 10:30am On Apr 28, 2022
I have told Christians this here since them no dey hear!

1 Like

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by AntiChristian: 10:33am On Apr 28, 2022
saintokwuluora:

Polygamy was never talked about in the new testament. The context of the Matthew verse was divorce.
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by Preacherrr(m): 10:35am On Apr 28, 2022
midolian:

Concerning Married Life

AFTER POSTING THE BIBLE VERSE YOURSELF, YOU ARE STILL SAYING HE SHOULD SHOW WHERE IT IS STATED THAT POLYGAMY IS NOT SIN. THIS ONLY SHOWS THAT YOU ARE AN IGNORANT FELLOW. A VERY BIG ONE. THE SAME PLACE WHERE YOU POSTED SAYS: HE MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE. AND THAT THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE. IT DIDN'T SAY THE TWO SHALL LATER BECOME 3(ONE MAN AND 2 WOMEN, LIKE THE CASE OF YUL EDOCHIE). THE SAME PLACE WHERE YOU POSTED SAYS IN THE BEGINING IT WASN'T SO. THE QUESTION IS HOW WAS IT IN THE BEGINNING? ANS: ADAM AND EVE (ONE MAN ONE WOMAN). LOOK... I DON'T HAVE TIME TO START EXPLAINING SCRIPTURE TO YOU, BECAUSE WE KNOW YOUR TYPE. BEFORE YOU START CLAPPING FOR RENO OMOKRI ASK HIM HOW MANY WIVES HE HAS. PLEASE DON'T ADD FOOLISHNESS TO YOUR IGNORANCE. JESUS LOVES YOU.
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by AntiChristian: 10:40am On Apr 28, 2022
peggywebbs:
Polygamy is not a sin but the truth is you can't love two people equally. If you're bringing another in, the love will diminish. It's like buying a new car. You won't have much time with the old one but rather show off your new ride.

You may even contenplate selling it off. So polygamy isn't great. It breeds spite, jealousy, resentment and many bitter feelings in the home. Children suffer it more because they always have to compete for attention. I'm really disappointed in Yul, because he should know better. We claim our generation is enlightened and we strive not to make the mistakes people did in the past. But here we are, repeating history's mistakes.

I guess people never really change, we continue to live in a never ending cycle of dysfunction.

I still see no excuse against Polygamy here except that some practicing it are not doing it fairly. Those in monogamy are not doing fairly too and that doesn't make it bad.

Polygamy truly brings most if not all those evils you highlighted but where does your "Christianity" comes in as regards spite, jealousy, resentment,.....

I blame the guy for not marrying earlier, commiting adultery, etc.
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by peggywebbs(f): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2022
There's something I always say and most people may disagree with me but it's my opinion. God does not always interfer in the affairs of man. I personally don't think that God is concerned about marriages but I believe God is more concerned about how we treat the people around us. So this goes with the saying love your neighbor as yourself.

You can't have two or more wives and treat them equally. They can't all feel loved. Even if it satisfies the man, it isn't fair on women. Many women who have stayed in such marriages do so in obedience to their husband, culture or for their kids. It's never what they want, how would you feel if the roles were reversed, a woman decides to have more than one husband. Now, that's controversy.

So I'm not arguing about scripture but on moral grounds, how do you love your partner, if you decide she is not enough for you. What if she feels you're not enough for her, and chooses to bring in another man, will you stay?

AntiChristian:

I still see no excuse against Polygamy here except that some practicing it are not doing it fairly. Those in monogamy are not doing fairly too and that doesn't make it bad.

Polygamy truly brings most if not all those evils you highlighted but where does your "Christianity" comes in as regards spite, jealousy, resentment,.....

I blame the guy for not marrying earlier, commiting adultery, etc.
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by saintokwuluora(m): 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

Polygamy was never talked about in the new testament. The context of the Matthew verse was divorce.
What does one man, one wife used in the context mean?
Why would Adultery be the ground for divorce if polygamy is approved, because with polygamy, a man cannot commit Adultery.
You are Anti-Christ?
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by midolian(m): 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
saintokwuluora:

If you are married and have sex outside of marriage, it is called Adultery, a sin. From what Jesus said in Matthew 19, it is Adultery if you are married and yet get married again to another woman for whatever reason. Sin is sin, that we are all entangled in it should not make us justify it, that makes the conscience dead.
I am not saying having sex with another lady while you are married with another. We are talking about polygamy here
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by midolian(m): 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
[quote author=Preacherrr post=112341561][/quote]You are worse than a mor0n. We are talking about polygamy and not adultery. They are two different things
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by saintokwuluora(m): 2:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
midolian:
I am not saying having sex with another lady while you are married with another. We are talking about polygamy here

You need to comprehend.
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by saintokwuluora(m): 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
midolian:
You are worse than a mor0n. We are talking about polygamy and not adultery. They are two different things
I thought you were human.
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by AntiChristian: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
saintokwuluora:

What does one man, one wife used in the context mean?
Why would Adultery be the ground for divorce if polygamy is approved, because with polygamy, a man cannot commit Adultery.
You are Anti-Christ?

Being antichristian does not mean i'm antichrist!

The context of the Matthew verse was on divorce not polygyny/Polygamy!

In Matthew 19:3-9, Jesus was not speaking about polygamy. Rather, He is only answering a question about divorce. Indeed, the entire passage is about divorce, not polygamy.

"Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”
“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
“Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”
Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Matthew 19:3-9.

Indeed, in Matthew 19:8-9, Jesus simply repeats the Deuteronomy 24:1 "as it had been in the beginning", that God has always been against divorce of what He joined together. In Matthew 19:3, the Pharisees were asking about "every" reason for divorcing, but Jesus returned back with the only one allowed reason (the woman's "fornication / uncleanness"wink, as per Deuteronomy 24:1.

Polygamy is about marriage, whereas divorce is about breaking up marriage. Accordingly, Jesus was not speaking against pro-marriage polygamy in Matthew 19. He was instead addressing marriage-destruction of divorce. It was about divorce, not polygamy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by saintokwuluora(m): 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

In Matthew 19:3-9, Jesus was not speaking about polygamy. Rather, He is only answering a question about divorce. Indeed, the entire passage is about divorce, not polygamy.

"Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”
“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
“Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”
Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Indeed, in Matthew 19:8-9, Jesus simply repeats the Deuteronomy 24:1 "as it had been in the beginning", that God has always been against divorce of what He joined together. In Matthew 19:3, the Pharisees were asking about "every" reason for divorcing, but Jesus returned back with the only one allowed reason (the woman's "fornication / uncleanness"wink, as per Deuteronomy 24:1.

Polygamy is about marriage, whereas divorce is about breaking up marriage. Accordingly, Jesus was not speaking against pro-marriage polygamy in Matthew 19. He was instead addressing marriage-destruction of divorce. It was about divorce, not polygamy.
If Jesus said if you divorce you must remain unmarried and not marry another woman, else it becomes Adultery, is it not same if you marry another woman while already married to one? Is the second woman not bringing asunder the two that has become one flesh?

1 Like

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by saintokwuluora(m): 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

If Jesus said if you divorce you must remain unmarried and not marry another woman except in the case Adultery, else the second marriage becomes Adultery, is it not same if you marry another woman while already married to one? Is the second woman not bringing asunder the two that has become one flesh?
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by sonmvayina(m): 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
I am getting myself a second wife.....
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by AntiChristian: 4:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
saintokwuluora:

If Jesus said if you divorce you must remain unmarried and not marry another woman except in the case Adultery, else the second marriage becomes Adultery, is it not same if you marry another woman while already married to one? Is the second woman not bringing asunder the two that has become one flesh?

Do you know the meaning of "Context"?

Context is the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood.

The context for that your idea is Divorce not Polygamy! God Approves Polygamy but frowns at divorce according to the Bible!
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by AntiChristian: 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Read More post on Polygamy in the Bible on Nairaland.

1. If He Marries Another Woman..

https://www.nairaland.com/7032447/he-marries-another-woman

2. God Said He GAVE Wives (not A Wife)

https://www.nairaland.com/7029702/god-said-he-gave-wives

3. The Context Is DIVORCE NOT POLYGAMY

https://www.nairaland.com/7032858/context-divorce-not-polygamy

4. Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy

https://www.nairaland.com/7029727/jesus-used-parable-includes-polygamy

5. Polygamy In Christianity- (one Flesh)

https://www.nairaland.com/7029678/polygamy-christianity-one-flesh

6. Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy?

https://www.nairaland.com/6093345/why-did-yahweh-support-polygamy

saintokwuluora, jesusjnr2020, treatise, midolian, peggywebbs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 4:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
It is men like him who wrote the scriptures, so he is right.
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by peggywebbs(f): 9:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
Why? I don't have interest in this topic anti-christian. I'm a bible believing Christian that supports divorce and can't live in a forced situation. Anyone that wants to more should go o... its not by force. It's adultery, and a good ground for divorce.

AntiChristian:
Read More post on Polygamy in the Bible on Nairaland.

1. If He Marries Another Woman..

https://www.nairaland.com/7032447/he-marries-another-woman

2. God Said He GAVE Wives (not A Wife)

https://www.nairaland.com/7029702/god-said-he-gave-wives

3. The Context Is DIVORCE NOT POLYGAMY

https://www.nairaland.com/7032858/context-divorce-not-polygamy

4. Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy

https://www.nairaland.com/7029727/jesus-used-parable-includes-polygamy

5. Polygamy In Christianity- (one Flesh)

https://www.nairaland.com/7029678/polygamy-christianity-one-flesh

6. Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy?

https://www.nairaland.com/6093345/why-did-yahweh-support-polygamy

saintokwuluora, jesusjnr2020, treatise, midolian, peggywebbs
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by canada2022: 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Christians Fold Their Arms Or Retalate? / REJOICE, BE HAPPY: God Has Empowered You To Excel & Prosper This Year 2023. / Make 2010 A Better Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.