Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,874 members, 7,956,301 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:29 AM

Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria (659 Views)

Jesus Christ Was Chosen Even Before Adam's Sin. God Does Not Make Mistakes / Pastor Olakunle Beloved: Sex Before Marriage Is Not Sin (Video) / Sin: God's Misunderstanding Of Human Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by 1872ai: 2:12am On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
midolian:
show us one place in the new testament where polygamy is a sin
[/s]
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by 1872bu: 2:14am On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
midolian:

1 Corinthians 7:1-5
New International Version
Concerning Married Life
7 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.”(A) 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife,(B) and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time,(C) so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan(D) will not tempt you(E) because of your lack of self-control.

Matthew 19:3-9
New International Version
3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife(A) for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a](B) 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?(C) 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”(D)

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Now show me where it is stated that polygamy is a sin undecided

The verses up here talks about adultery and not polygamy. So when you quote me, have this at the back of your mind before spewing the nonsense in ya head

[/s]
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by 1872bu: 2:39am On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
midolian:
I am not saying having sex with another lady while you are married with another. We are talking about polygamy here
[/s]
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by 1872bu: 2:40am On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
midolian:
You are worse than a mor0n. We are talking about polygamy and not adultery. They are two different things
[/s]
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by AntiChristian: 9:15am On Apr 29, 2022
peggywebbs:
Why? I don't have interest in this topic anti-christian. I'm a bible believing Christian that supports divorce and can't live in a forced situation. Anyone that wants to more should go o... its not by force. It's adultery, and a good ground for divorce.

I know you won't as it's not the truth you want to embrace.
It's something that would shatter what you believe in and leave you with no option that to accept fate.

Sincerely how is it adultery to marry one more wife from the Biblical point of view?
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by peggywebbs(f): 10:55am On Apr 29, 2022
No that's not true, I've never and I never claimed at any point that the bible speaks against marrying more than one wife.

I only said I personally won't accept it. I'm not married and if I do, I won't stay in such environment, in fact I'm putting it in my prenup, if he brings another, I'm getting money and lots of it, and going off.

I'm not going to study those versions because I'm not going to agree with it, like I said God doesn't interfere in the affairs of man. The fact that the bible doesn't speak against it doesn't mean that everyone should agree with it. I don't, and that's why I'll choose the highway.

AntiChristian:

I know you won't as it's not the truth you want to embrace.
It's something that would shatter what you believe in and leave you with no option that to accept fate.

Sincerely how is it adultery to marry one more wife from the Biblical point of view?
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by AntiChristian: 11:55am On Apr 29, 2022
peggywebbs:
No that's not true, I've never and I never claimed at any point that the bible speaks against marrying more than one wife.

I only said I personally won't accept it. I'm not married and if I do, I won't stay in such environment, in fact I'm putting it in my prenup, if he brings another, I'm getting money and lots of it, and going off.

I'm not going to study those versions because I'm not going to agree with it, like I said God doesn't interfere in the affairs of man. The fact that the bible doesn't speak against it doesn't mean that everyone should agree with it. I don't, and that's why I'll choose the highway.

So if he does marry another you'll get money and lots of it. How Biblical is this?
And After getting the money would you still marry another man or remain single forever as the Bible implies?

God did interfere many times in the affairs of man. That's why He destroyed the people of Noah, Pharoah, Sodom, etc.

And why does women hate multiple marriage from their husband than adultery/fornication from the same man?
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by peggywebbs(f): 6:16am On Apr 30, 2022
As far as I'm concerned I'm making it clear from the get go..if you bring any woman, that's cheating, adultery and I'm getting a divorce settlement. To you it's polygamy, to me it's adultery, we made a vow to be together at the alter. Someone broke that vow.

As for remarrying, the bible doesn't speak against it. Forget what all those pastopreneurs say. In fact there are numerous scripture supporting divorce in the bible, and it lists its conditions. I'm not going into the details because I've done my research, and I've decided what works for me.

I don't have to stay with someone who cheats and disguises as marrying multiple women. I'm not a commodity and if a man has fallen out of love with his wife enough to bring another, I believe that relationship has reached its expiry date.

Like I said it's a human thing, there is no marriage in heaven, and nobody's going to hell because of a failed marriage.

AntiChristian:

So if he does marry another you'll get money and lots of it. How Biblical is this?
And After getting the money would you still marry another man or remain single forever as the Bible implies?

God did interfere many times in the affairs of man. That's why He destroyed the people of Noah, Pharoah, Sodom, etc.

And why does women hate multiple marriage from their husband than adultery/fornication from the same man?
Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by AntiChristian: 6:38am On Apr 30, 2022
Yes, your stance is clear i understand. Many Ladies like you share this stance.

My own is how biblical is it? How is marrying a new wife cheating/adultery?

The wedding Jesus attended in Cana, was any vow mentioned? Why imbibe a western culture as biblical when it favors you?

And lastly, if one of the spouse commits adultery (not marriage) then divorce is allowed. But where is remarrying permitted.

Bible verses from your research would be helpful here.

peggywebbs:
As far as I'm concerned I'm making it clear from the get go..if you bring any woman, that's cheating, adultery and I'm getting a divorce settlement. To you it's polygamy, to me it's adultery, we made a vow to be together at the alter. Someone broke that vow.

As for remarrying, the bible doesn't speak against it. Forget what all those pastopreneurs say. In fact there are numerous scripture supporting divorce in the bible, and it lists its conditions. I'm not going into the details because I've done my research, and I've decided what works for me.

I don't have to stay with someone who cheats and disguises as marrying multiple women. I'm not a commodity and if a man has fallen out of love with his wife enough to bring another, I believe that relationship has reached its expiry date.

Like I said it's a human thing, there is no marriage in heaven, and nobody's going to hell because of a failed marriage.

Re: Newsyul Edochie: Polygamy Not Sin, God Approves It – Omokri Tells Nigeria by peggywebbs(f): 3:24am On May 01, 2022
I'll draw a line here. Even in law there's usually customary practices. Marriage ceremonies in Isreal and any other country was born out of customs. And not every account of their ceremonies or rites were documented in the Bible.

Don't even try going that route. The fact that the Bible is a Christian guide book, you should know there are thousands of other scriptural texts and historical facts not recorded in it. So what your question should be is researching how marriages were conducted and how vows originated. Like I said marriage is an earthly commitment.

We are expected to fill the earth and multiply. Where the bible comes in is our obligation to our partner, you're to treat with love and respect. For me I do not agree with polygamy ,but you can't use the bible to coerce me to stay put in that regard. It's a moral guide, yes but that doesn't mean I agree with everything in it.

The bible contains first the word of God, historical information, cultural practices and morals or philosophy. So when you try to put the bible in front of polygamy, it's like you're saying God commands it. When in essence it means man has always been polygamous, it was their custom to have multiple wives. So don't misrepresent it as an instruction from God or Jesus Christ. So you can't even bind me to the practices of the Isrealites even if God doesn't expressly condemn it.

AntiChristian:
Yes, your stance is clear i understand. Many Ladies like you share this stance.

My own is how biblical is it? How is marrying a new wife cheating/adultery?

The wedding Jesus attended in Cana, was any vow mentioned? Why imbibe a western culture as biblical when it favors you?

And lastly, if one of the spouse commits adultery (not marriage) then divorce is allowed. But where is remarrying permitted.

Bible verses from your research would be helpful here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power In The Name Of Jesus / Bigotry In Christians: Bug, Feature, Or Neither? / Prophetic Message Of Coming Of Antichrist And Messianic Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.