Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate (42056 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: Tinubu Paid For My Nomination And Expression Of Interest Forms / Oby Ezekwesili: 'I Rejected An Offer To Be Buhari's Running Mate In 2011' / President Buhari 'Running' While Performing Umrah In Makkah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by skj1377(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2022
Your Vice President to a complete failure. I wonder why your telling us how you got to know you will be number 2 man in a failed administration.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Ilaje1: 10:07am On Apr 28, 2022
yanabasee:
I can imagine what the PEE POO from the WASTE will say right now as Osinbajo rightly ignored the full details of how he emerged.... Not giving full details how BAT gave him the privilege as he claimed.... and how he goes about telling people how he made him who he is today....

Osinbajo should stop deceiving himself... He should stop telling us the experience he has.... He should tell us that experience that he has....

We need to know what he's coming to offer, it will help him to win the primaries...

Tinubu wanted himself as VP. Buhari rejected, infact they fought because Tinubu was mad. They had less than 48 hours to choose a running mate. Buhari called Amosun to intimidate him on what just happened. He assured Buhari he would find a solution. Buhari told him categorically he doesn't want BAT because of muslim-muslim. But BAT can choose the the VP. Amosun went to BAT, Aregbe and one other party member was there, BAT suggested Fashola or so and oyinlola while Aregbe suggested PYO. Fash doesn't cut it because he's a Muslim, now left with the other two. BAT choose Bisi while Aregbe insisted on PYO. BAT disagreed (rumor has it that PYO kicked against muslim-muslim ticket during Lagos APC inner caucus meeting, BAT held that against him. When Amosun showed Buhari the list, Buhari chose PYO, being a Christian might have helped. BAT had no choice but to agree. Moreover it was Bola Ige that first appointed PYO. So it was his hardwork that have him recognition not BAT. OBJ wanted to hijack him, but decided to stick with BAT. He fought OBJ govt on behalf Lagos state and won, also won several cases for BAT. BAT might have been part of his journey. With or without BAT, he would have gotten to where he's destined to be.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by dheolexaone(f): 10:10am On Apr 28, 2022
If anyone is to change Nigeria, it can never be this Political Pastor that slayed and stayed the worst tenure so far.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Ilaje1: 10:11am On Apr 28, 2022
VillagePipu:
Politically, Osinbajo is NOTHING without Tinubu.
Tinubu made Osinbajo AG for 8 years and VP for 8 years. This story he is telling is incomplete. Who sent Amosun and Aregbe to him? He failed mention that part.
I support Osinbajo but this recent attitude of brushing Tinubu aside is absolutely nonsense.

He was someone before and after Tinubu. It is because he was good in his profession that Tinubu hired/contracted him to work for him. Before Tinubu, he worked for Bola Ige. So Tinubu didn't make him. Of anything PYO made himself, he was so good that OBJ wanted to hijack from Lagos state and make him the AG of the federation. He told BAT about it, and BAT asked to decide what he wants. He chose to be loyal to BAT. So it was a mutual beneficial relationship.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by dheolexaone(f): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2022
Ilaje1:

Tinubu wanted himself as VP. Buhari rejected, infact they fought because Tinubu was mad. They had less than 48 hours to choose a running mate. Buhari called Amosun to intimidate him on what just happened. He assured Buhari he would find a solution. Buhari told him categorically he doesn't want BAT because of muslim-muslim. But BAT can choose the the VP. Amosun went to BAT, Aregbe and one other party member was there, BAT suggested Fashola and Bisi Akande while Aregbe suggested PYO. Fash doesn't cut it because he's a Muslim, now left with the other two. BAT choose Bisi while Aregbe insisted on PYO. BAT disagreed (rumor has it that PYO kicked against muslim-muslim ticket during Lagos APC inner caucus meeting, BAT held that against him. When Amosun showed Buhari the list, Buhari chose PYO, being a Christian might have helped. BAT had no choice but to agree. Moreover it was Bola Ige that first appointed PYO. So it was his hardwork that have him recognition not BAT. OBJ wanted to hijack him, but decided to stick with BAT. He fought OBJ govt on behalf Lagos state and won, also won several cases for BAT. BAT might have been part of his journey. With or without BAT, he would have gotten to where he's destined to be.

You know all this and failed to move closer to this people in power to advise them to do good.

Continue.
Heaven awaits all.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 28, 2022
Ask yourself after 8years he has nothing to show as a VIP rather than he will start from where his formal boss stopped,so in the next 4yrs we should expect fuel at 300naira,a bag of Rice at 40k,dollar at 600naira as of today ask yourself this question what economical radical move is he making as a setting VP naa! None in Security None!!! Nothing In Education ASUU is on strike ASUP to join soon hmm be the judge.

Peter obi of Nigeria 2023

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by uniquetechng: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:
My grouse with this interview is how he left out Tinubu's name completely in the entire narration.

Somebody watered the ground and paved the way for him, Aregbe and Amosun were just the purveyors.

Tinubu actually didnt nominate Osibanjo as he wanted to be Buhari's running mate himself , Saraki, Rauf and Amosun were actually the ones who recommended Osibanjo to Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by saintnegroid(m): 10:17am On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:
My grouse with this interview is how he left out Tinubu's name completely in the entire narration.

Somebody watered the ground and paved the way for him, Aregbe and Amosun were just the purveyors.

meaning tinubu did not do anything for his emergence as vice president... We assume things too much in this country

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by SunMusk(m): 10:18am On Apr 28, 2022
Then who nominated him
JustforMen:

May be because the man did not nominate him in reality.

His story jives with another story on the same subject.

So Mr. Jagaban can send his own version of the nomination event.

It was said that Tinubu never supported or nominated him to be VP.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by SunMusk(m): 10:20am On Apr 28, 2022
You re very funny, Tinubu has the power to nominate another Christian for Buhari. Tinubu was given that power to choose, stop to the bring stories.
saintnegroid:
meaning tinubu did not do anything for his emergence as vice president... We assume things too much in this country

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by supereagle(m): 10:20am On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/526467-how-i-learnt-of-my-nomination-as-buharis-running-mate-osinbajo.html

No be Tinubu as we are made to believe. Anyway, Baba Bisi Akande said that BAT didn't support his nomination in his book. Betray case has been laid bare now.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by VillagePipu: 10:20am On Apr 28, 2022
Ilaje1:

He was someone before and after Tinubu. It is because he was good in his profession that Tinubu hired/contracted him to work for him. Before Tinubu, he worked for Bola Ige. So Tinubu didn't make him. Of anything PYO made himself, he was so good that OBJ wanted to hijack from Lagos state and make him the AG of the federation. He told BAT about it, and BAT asked to decide what he wants. He chose to be loyal to BAT. So it was a mutual beneficial relationship.

Did you see where I typed "politically"? I doubt if you did.
OBJ also made Bayo Ojo AGF. Where is Bayo Ojo today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by saintnegroid(m): 10:20am On Apr 28, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Hmmm. Odale.
May we not have an odale ore like Yemi Osibanjo . odale wey u go hug and dey laugh with but dey plan to undercut u.

if u mention me to say u no see anytin wrong for wetin d odale do, u be odale too wey people suppose keep at arm's length. e go beta not to have a friend dan have an odale ore like u. shiorr
were you there to ascertain this your claim? The person that was directly involved told you how it happened and you are here wallowing in pity for an old thief and drug baron

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by zikoson: 10:22am On Apr 28, 2022
[Bitter soul sighted ]This is bullshit lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
The fool was sounding like he did something good to help Nigeria....

We didn't see it coming undecided undecided

We literally thought you were a pastor ni lipsrsealed

May God forgive us[/quote]
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Jollylolly(f): 10:22am On Apr 28, 2022
It is all God's work
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by saintnegroid(m): 10:25am On Apr 28, 2022
SunMusk:
You re very funny, Tinubu has the power to nominate another Christian for Buhari. Tinubu was given that power to choose, stop to the bring stories.
all I know is that you were not there, the person that was there has spoken... If tinubu was instrumental then let him come out and speak

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by EagleSquare1(m): 10:27am On Apr 28, 2022
Indeed.
VP Osinbajo will be honoured with that grace and privilege.
God is at work.
Hand In Hand We Can.
This Is The Time!

Tokayo:
Now it's your turn to nominate, my president.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Shikena(m): 10:29am On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Sometimes we should question our assumptions. Maybe the man was only confirming the rarely acknowledged story that he was not nominated by Tinubu without trying to be outrightly disrespectful? Our assumptions are not always true.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by dalass(f): 10:32am On Apr 28, 2022
Lurdmax10:
Inasmuch as he's constitutionally empowered to contest for the presidency, leaving out Tinubu from his trajectory to power is unfair.

Tinubu this, Tinubu that.

How many names did Tinubu call on his way to political relevance?? Rather, he dealt with all of them as soon as he became governor! Check his history of manipulations and betrayals....

He didn't even want Osinbajo to be Buharis running mate! He felt Osinbajo didn't support the muslim/ muslim ticket of Tinubu/Buhari and didn't want the VP to be a beneficiary of what he himself lost

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by dalass(f): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2022
Shikena:

Sometimes we should question our assumptions. Maybe the man was only confirming the rarely acknowledged story that he was not nominated by Tinubu without trying to be outrightly disrespectful? Our assumptions are not always true.

People love to jump to unnecessary conclusions in this country. If you're saying something, they automatically believe you meant something else

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Ultimas: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:

YOU ARE ON POINT
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 10:35am On Apr 28, 2022
Na my whistle is still they beg God make e blow. I no say I go score for the match
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Karemarealty288(m): 10:38am On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:

After he lost out as Vp ?
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by simplesearch: 10:42am On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:

But from earlier insider narrative, it was clearly stated that Tinubu was opposed to his candidature due to Osibanjo's uncompromising stand against Muslim/Muslim joint ticket that was touted by Tinubu in the run up to the 2015 election. Tinubu wanted to be Buhari's running mate, which Osibanjo was vehemently opposed to such arrangement and even Buhari too was opposed to it. So when the choice of Osibanjo came up as vice president. Tinubu vehemently refused as well, so you can see it wasn't Tinubu's making that Osibanjo became vice president but rather a divine coincidence.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Tinubuadvocate: 10:43am On Apr 28, 2022
Next month is here already Tinubu or nothing.
maasoap:

If he emerges? Let's talk about now, about this topic here. He's already being ungrateful mentioning errand boys but leaving out the name of person who sent errand boys to him. I would never want to have anything to do with people like Osinbajo in my life!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Walz001: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2022
Our People are happy to be slave and Subject to more poverty
In all these mess we find ourself you all still have the time and comfort to fight for old men politicians
We need to wise up
We need to build this country
We need to think faster than them in positive ways
We need build our nation
By supporting the man who can and who will and agreement will be if thibga go wrong we will chase you ever we vote for out .....
Let point out points leave the rest rather than argument
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Shooyie: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2022
I believe this is nothing short of grace and we should also note that if Prof Osinbajo wasn't qualified or good enough in his career he wouldn't have been considered.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by kapelvej: 10:48am On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/526467-how-i-learnt-of-my-nomination-as-buharis-running-mate-osinbajo.html
This man is a dangerous man. So he mentioned the person that told him the food was ready, and left out the one that cooked the food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by basseeafricana: 10:49am On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:

I laugh a lot about this idiot, called Osibanjo. Even, if he has political struggle with Tinubu, that does not mean to be undermining his roles in his life. This is someone struggling to become president. After spending good seven yrs without any tangible achievement with his Fulani man. Osinbanjo will never got APC presidential ticket. Everyone can quote me today, his political downfall has set in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:

It is said that after Buhari told Tinubu that he will not be his VP pick due to Muslim-Muslim ticket issue, Tinubu threw a massive tantrum and essentially told Buhari to leave his house.

Buhari was humiliated and was ready to go to War with Tinubu but was calmed down by Aregbesola and other APC chieftains reminding him they still need Tinubu’s help for the general elections. They then decided to appease Tinubu by letting him have a direct say in who emerges as the VP candidate in place of him but only from a list of people approved by them.

They gave Tinubu a list of 3 people, all perceived as close allies of his, to pick, including Osinbajo. Tinubu still agitated, initially rejected all three and said he wants Adams Oshiomhole, who wasn’t on the list, if he can’t be the pick himself. Of course the chieftains rejected this and after much back and forth he finally settled for Osinbajo.

So when you look at this story this way you can see that the narrative of Tinubu being solely responsible for Osinbajo’s emergence as VP is greatly overblown. The man wanted himself as VP but only approved Osinbajo out of a lack of options. Aregbesola and Amosun were actually more instrumental to his emergence than Tinubu.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by basseeafricana: 10:52am On Apr 28, 2022
Redpill1:
WTF man!
This professor has lost his respect
Puffs my weed in peace ✌️
I laugh a lot about this idiot, called Osibanjo. Even, if he has political struggle with Tinubu, that does not mean to be undermining his roles in his life. This is someone struggling to become president. After spending good seven yrs without any tangible achievement with his Fulani man. Osinbanjo will never got APC presidential ticket. Everyone can quote me today, his political downfall has set in.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by CoolAmbience(m): 10:54am On Apr 28, 2022
Fidinno:
Osinbajo has always shown high level of transparency, loyalty and commitment.

I guess it's due to the manner at which he was picked.

When God's Grace speaks every other protocols bow.

You are right, but his competence level is still very much in doubt.

I do not think that Osinbajo has the steel to run Nigeria.

It takes more than loyalty, commitment and transparency to be a great leader.

We must be wary so as not to bring in another Jonathan era.

Would you say that Osinbajo has done well with his management of Tradermoni or Marketmoni, just to mention a few?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chief Of Army Staff Visits Troops In The Frontline / I Won My Election Clean And Clear – Mark Reacts / We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.