Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) (30264 Views)

Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) / 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) / Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by bigdammyj: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
Sad.
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Alapojames: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
Sad
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Alberttahir: 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
May her soul rest in perfect peace, amin.
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by eburuu: 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
marocb:
damn, too bad
you shall no won pitty Nigerians grin grin
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by sognoyolmu: 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Rip
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Timo2020: 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Angelfrost:
I don't understand... Power surge or not, how does one get electrocuted merely by ironing clothes?!!!
Many things might cause it,if wires that supplies homes had contact with high tension wire that's most deadly of all I pray God will not allow us to be a victim in Jesus name amen

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by YaksonFCA(m): 5:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
So painful. RIP
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Slynation(m): 5:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Eya...A very sad one!! Everything in this country is aiming for your head

Na God dey safe people
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by NaijaCars4sale: 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
Oh no, this is so sad
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Nurasonna: 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
Tears... Just tears cry
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Solofresh2: 5:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
RIP
What a beautiful woman she is
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Dest8sman: 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
MrCover:
A Nursing Mother has been electrocuted at her home in North Bank area of Makurdi, the Benue State capital, Reports.

The woman identified as Mishack Obera was killed while ironing her clothes shortly after power was restored in the area.

Her husband, Obera Emmanuel, a businessman from Olamaboro Local Government area of Kogi State, told journalists in Makurdi on Wednesday April 27, that the incident occurred on Sunday evening at their 8th Avenue, off Ter Guma Street apartment in North Bank, Makurdi.

He said his neighbours who were earlier alerted to the incident following a baby’s cry in the room drew his attention on telephone while they battled to save her life in vain before his return from an outing in another part of Makurdi.

"She was ironing the clothes when there was a power surge. Many people in my area said when the light was brought that evening, the current was very high and fluctuating. My neighbour who ate together with me earlier that day confirmed this and said he even experienced a shock that evening in his room," he explained.

"Imagine somebody (wife) who called me at 4:52pm only to be found dead in our room eight minutes later. In fact, she had arranged the bath tub to bathe our baby.

"I’m sure it was while she was arranging to bathe our baby that they restored the light and she tried to quickly use the opportunity to iron the clothes she was sewing and got killed in the process. Even the black soap she uses to bathe our baby was already opened and the bath water was already mixed."

See Emmanuel's Post Mourning His Wife As Obtained By Below:

Many ways to die in Nigeria

Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Hdhdhd(m): 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
So sad. Sometimes I wonder why nature allow things like this to happen. Now, who is going to take care of the baby she left? The world is indeed a scary place.

R.i.p
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by aramx05(m): 5:57pm On Apr 28, 2022
God save us!!
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by 8stargeneral: 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
What a sad news...may her soul rest in peace
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by joyandfaith: 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
Angelfrost:
I don't understand... Power surge or not, how does one get electrocuted merely by ironing clothes?!!!
I think her hand was wet. Note that she was trying to bath baby at the same time. Never use wet hand to touch electrical gadgets.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
So even to iron clothes is dangerous?

What then will someone do if everything is now dangerous?

O God save your people.
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by SmartPolician: 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
I cannot remember the last time we read good news about Benue State on Nairaland.

God have mercy!
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by sketcherJ(m): 6:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
Angelfrost:
I am still wondering. This is not the first time people have been experiencing power surges.
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by izubext007: 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
People die strange in Benue all the time
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Abujaexpress: 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
MrCover:
A Nursing Mother has been electrocuted at her home in North Bank area of Makurdi, the Benue State capital, Reports.

The woman identified as Mishack Obera was killed while ironing her clothes shortly after power was restored in the area.

Her husband, Obera Emmanuel, a businessman from Olamaboro Local Government area of Kogi State, told journalists in Makurdi on Wednesday April 27, that the incident occurred on Sunday evening at their 8th Avenue, off Ter Guma Street apartment in North Bank, Makurdi.

He said his neighbours who were earlier alerted to the incident following a baby’s cry in the room drew his attention on telephone while they battled to save her life in vain before his return from an outing in another part of Makurdi.

"She was ironing the clothes when there was a power surge. Many people in my area said when the light was brought that evening, the current was very high and fluctuating. My neighbour who ate together with me earlier that day confirmed this and said he even experienced a shock that evening in his room," he explained.

"Imagine somebody (wife) who called me at 4:52pm only to be found dead in our room eight minutes later. In fact, she had arranged the bath tub to bathe our baby.

"I’m sure it was while she was arranging to bathe our baby that they restored the light and she tried to quickly use the opportunity to iron the clothes she was sewing and got killed in the process. Even the black soap she uses to bathe our baby was already opened and the bath water was already mixed."

Another pretty woman fallen due to a careless and clueless leadership in a sleeping giant of a country
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by skywalker240(m): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
RIP

We pray that The Almighty God give you the fortitude to bear the loss embarassed cry
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
joyandfaith:

I think her hand was wet. Note that was trying to bath baby at the same time. Never use wet hand to touch electrical gadgets.

Ohhhh.... That's sad!
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Ejiakusmith(m): 6:48pm On Apr 28, 2022
chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii this kind Beautiful lady RIP

may God console the family
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by pitroski(m): 7:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
When somebody dey marry second wife another person dey lose the only one where he get

Dis life no balance at all
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Deltatoto: 7:06pm On Apr 28, 2022
MrCover:

two seconds person don go.na why if u have avenue to enjoy pls do
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by muzeze77: 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
A failed country, people are losing their life because of things that should not happen, there should be electricity, there shouldn’t have been an electricity surge, but the vast majority of people are stupid which is why they keep on cheering leaders and following religions that are not contributing anything to their lives

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Sultty(m): 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2022
the story does not add up at all. How will a current surge cause death but electrification when it was not reported that she touched naked wire tongue
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by obinnajohnson: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
This is why I always talk bad of Electricity Distribution Company. Their lackadaisical attitude towards service delivery is nauseating. Rest in peace to the dead.
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by EmekaA125(m): 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
Benue of sorrow, tears and agony.

Omenkalive
benuejosh

This is you guys State grin grin grin
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Josephkabila12: 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
RIP
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Oludara202: 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2022
Very painful,
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle / Video Showing Nigerian Caregivers Abusing 89-Year-Old Granny Lands Them In Jail / All Health Workers Can Now Be Consultants-fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.