Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) (30266 Views)

Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) / 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) / Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by adebayo987: 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
Very unfortunate!
May her soul rest in peace...
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Richarlison640(m): 9:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
Am not surprised immediately I heard benue I knew it was going to be bad news you will never hear any good news from Benue you will never hear that the governor of benue commission a project one you hear Benue just wait for the bad news
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by President2001(m): 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2022
If country like Nigerian can migrate to solar it's will save life and boost economy than ever before
Rip madam
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by excondido(m): 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2022
This tragic event needs to be investigated to forestall further reoccurrence. Power surge does not necessarily cause an electrocution unless the insulation is broken.
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by olabimp(f): 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
So sad. RIP
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by We4all: 11:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
Saying ‘Rest in peace’ isn’t enough. We should educate ourselves on how to avoid such occurrences. Drop a line if you’re knowledgeable in that area.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by jimcaddy(m): 11:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nepa why now. They need to sure Nepa. Why will you bring such high current.
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by kennyclassic: 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2022
What a sad one. May God grant her eternal rest
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by LondonDating: 1:40am On Apr 29, 2022
joyandfaith:

I think her hand was wet. Note that she was trying to bath baby at the same time. Never use wet hand to touch electrical gadgets.

I remember some years ago, my hand was just dried of water and I tried to switch on the electric cooker type socket in the kitchen and the next thing was a jolt of electric shock the type I had never felt before. Since that day whenever I wanted to switch on the same socket I put a thick hand towel barrier between my hand and the socket.

My 5k second hand microwave also shocked me lightly in 2008 and I also remember opening my side garden metal gate and it leaned onto a neighbors barbed wire security fence which must have been plugged into electricity as I got a shock from the metal door.

Life is too cheaply lost in Nigeria unduly and when you need the pro bono lawyers to fight to get compensation from PHCN for this woman's husband, you will not see them.

Same way power surge from PHCN destroyed all the computers in my cousins internet cafe in the days internet cafes were profitable.

I am still puzzled at how my touching a red plastic electric cooker pull down switch could have led to my receiving an electric shock and my hands had just been dried before touching the plastic switch
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by 1872bo: 1:55am On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
triple996:
Kai undecided
Nawaooo
[/s]
Re: Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by wizkidblogger(f): 6:05am On Apr 29, 2022
Angelfrost:
I don't understand... Power surge or not, how does one get electrocuted merely by ironing clothes?!!!

the story no clear at all. in sane country, this would have been investigated...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle / Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN / Video Showing Nigerian Caregivers Abusing 89-Year-Old Granny Lands Them In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.