Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,365 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu (1271 Views)

Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / “Most ‘Miracles’ You See On TV Or Crusades Are Staged” – Fr. Kelvin Ugwu / Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 11:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
I told you to forget about whatever any pastor has said.. You have the opportunity to teach the Bible here.Show us...I'm not interested in opinions.
You quoted Genesis 2:24 that has nothing to do with polygamy and now you're talking about pastors and mogs.

Teach us that Bible
Kobojunkie:
The reason you lot mostly fail to comprehend what is written in human language to you is you glorify the opinions of men.( your pastors and mogs),which Jesus Christ warned you were lied, above God's Truth as is presented. undecided

God declares to us that which is sin in His Law to us - sin is not arbitrarily defined and it is not based on the whims and opinions of men. undecided

God never said He was against men or women entering multiple marriage agreements. He Himself is recorded to have give multiple partners to some of His servants. And we know God never lies nor changes His mind. undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
I asked a question so we can keep tab on what's been discussed.

Are we done with Polygamy? If yes let me know so we talk about sin
Kobojunkie:
Saying God never allowed polygamy(polyandry and polygyny) is akin to declaring it sin against God. undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
derecho:
I told to forget about whatever any pastor has said.. You have the opportunity to teach the Bible here.Show us...I'm not interested in opinions.
You quoted Genesis 2:24 that has nothing to do with polygamy and now you're talking about pastors and mogs.

Teach us that Bible
Genesis 2 vs 24 is God's Law as far as marriage between a man and a woman is concerned. That law does not negate man and woman entering into multiple marriage agreements same way it does not mandate marriage on every man and woman. undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
derecho:
I asked a question so we can keep tab on what's been discussed.

Are we done with Polygamy? If yes let me know so we talk about sin
Saying God never allowed polygamy(polyandry and polygyny) is akin to declaring it sin against God. undecided

Do you understand what sin is? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 11:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
I said commanded not allowed... They are different. So don't introduce what I never said.

The question is show everyone where God commanded Polygamy.

Kobojunkie:

Do you understand what sin is? undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 12:00am On Apr 29, 2022
I told you to stop assuming. What that verse said is A MAN and A WOMAN... Where are you getting the permission for multiple marriage there?
Kobojunkie:
Genesis 2 vs 24 is God's Law as far as marriage between a man and a woman is concerned. That law does not negate man and woman entering into multiple marriage agreements same way it does not mandate marriage on every man and woman. undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
I told you to stop assuming. What that verse said is A MAN and A WOMAN... Where are you getting the permission for multiple marriage there?
Stop assuming what... do you even understand what an assumption is? undecided

Again...Genesis 2 vs 24 is God's Law as far as marriage between a man and a woman is concerned. That law does not negate man and woman entering into multiple marriage agreements same way it does not mandate marriage on every man and woman. undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
I said commanded not allowed... They are different. So don't introduce what I never said.

The question is show everyone where God commanded Polygamy.
God never commanded polygamy somehow means polygamy is against God? Is that what you are insinuating?.undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 12:13am On Apr 29, 2022
I don't have issues with people talking whatever they think about Polygamy but if you want to talk Bible come with scriptures NOT what you think.
Atleast Cubana Chief Priest aired his opinion and never mentioned Bible, some people said it's an African thing, some believe it's what's best for them etc

But it's annoying to see people who don't understand the Bible coming to discuss Bible.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 12:15am On Apr 29, 2022
Im not insinuating anything. What I'm asking is show us in the Bible where God commanded it.
If you can't find it say it and learn
Kobojunkie:
God never commanded polygamy somehow means polygamy is against God? Is that what you are insinuating?.undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 12:18am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
Im not insinuating anything. What I'm asking is show us in the Bible where God commanded it.
If you can't find it say it and learn
As I have already explained severally, God gives commands where sin is possibly the case. Since polygamy is not a sin where God is concerned, why do you God to give a command? undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 12:20am On Apr 29, 2022
Here is the meaning of assumption

a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

What do you take me for? Someone who doesn't know what he's saying..

Kobojunkie:
Stop assuming what... do you even understand what an assumption is? undecided

Again...Genesis 2 vs 24 is God's Law as far as marriage between a man and a woman is concerned. That law does not negate man and woman entering into multiple marriage agreements same way it does not mandate marriage on every man and woman. undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
Here is the meaning of assumption

a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

What do you take me for? Someone who doesn't know what he's saying.
Ok.... so what assumption do you accuse me of making in my comment to you? undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 12:25am On Apr 29, 2022
So every sin has a commandment expressly attached to it?
Kobojunkie:
As I have already explained severally, God gives commands where sin is possibly the case. Since polygamy is not a sin where God is concerned, why do you God to give a command? undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 12:26am On Apr 29, 2022
Many...no biblical proofs to your opinions..yet you claim you are speaking scriptures
Kobojunkie:
Ok.... so what assumption do you accuse me of making in my comment to you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
Many...no biblical proofs to your opinions
I asked you plainly, what assumptions did I make in my comment to you below...
Kobojunkie:
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
So every sin has a commandment expressly attached to it?
Duh! undecided

Sin is direct disobedience of God's commandment to us, in His Law. So where God has given no commandment, it is not sin against God. That is why I kept saying sin is not arbitrarily defined or assumed. It is based on God's Law to us.undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 12:34am On Apr 29, 2022
Did you understand the question?
Are you saying we have as many sins as the number of commandments?
Kobojunkie:
Duh! undecided

Sin is direct disobedience of God's commandment to us, in His Law. So where God has given no commandment, it is not sin against God. undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
Did you understand the question?
Are you saying we have as many sins as the number of commandments?
Pretty much! undecided

The Old Covenant Law of Moses has about 613 definitions for sin whereas God's New Covenant has only about 100. You don't just wake up to define your own standard as far as sin is concerned. God did that specifically in His Law. undecided

And in His Law is commandment that decrees it sin for any man to add, remove or change any of God's commandments on sin.. undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 12:38am On Apr 29, 2022
Meaning?
If there are 2000 sins, there are about 2000 commandments?
Kobojunkie:
Pretty much! undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
Meaning?
If there are 2000 sins, there are about 2000 commandments?
That is what telling you that "sin is not arbitrarily defined" means. It is all as given by God Himself right there in His Law to you. undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 12:43am On Apr 29, 2022
Answer the question... Are you saying if there are 3 commandments, there are only 3 sins?
Kobojunkie:
That is what telling you that sin is not arbitrarily defined means. It is all as given by God Himself right there in His Law to you. undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 12:50am On Apr 29, 2022
Oga you are wasting too much time to answer basic questions. What are u afraid of?

Sleep dey catch me already

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
Answer the question... Are you saying if there are 3 commandments, there are only 3 sins?
I already answered your question at this point. undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 12:55am On Apr 29, 2022
No You didn't... It a very basic question.

2000commandments= 2000sins?
3commandments=3sins?

Yes or No
Kobojunkie:
I already answered your question at this point. undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
No You didn't... It a very basic question.

2000commandments= 2000sins?
3commandments=3sins?
You need to engage your brain in this abeg! lipsrsealed

When Jesus Christ declared Sexual lust in one's heart, after a woman, sin in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28, for instance, how many sins do you think that amounts to? undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 1:00am On Apr 29, 2022
Kikikiki
One who knows what he's saying won't hesitate to answer.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 1:05am On Apr 29, 2022
To help you, understanding the law is key. All the laws are summarized into one.
So reason, how many sins can result from breaking one commandment?
Kobojunkie:
You need to engage your brain in this abeg! lipsrsealed

When Jesus Christ declared Sexual lust in one's heart, after a woman, sin in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28, for instance, how many sins do you think that amounts to? undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
To help you, understanding the law is key. All the laws are summarized into one.
So reason, how many sins can result from breaking one commandment?
Again...When Jesus Christ declared Sexual lust in one's heart, after a woman, sin in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28, for instance, how many sins do you think that amounts to? undecided

Sin is defined as direct disobedience of God's commandment. undecided
Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 1:09am On Apr 29, 2022
I just told you but you failed to see it.
Breaking one law, can result in multitudes of sins...uncountable.
Kobojunkie:
Again...When Jesus Christ declared Sexual lust in one's heart, after a woman, sin in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28, for instance, how many sins do you think that amounts to? undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by derecho(m): 1:13am On Apr 29, 2022
You can't understand what sin is, until the Holy Spirit teach you.

I deliberately ask those basic questions to show you that all those dictionary definition of sin, law etc are too basic.
And you need understanding.

Or you thought I learnt this from books or Church?

There are things you can NEVER KNOW no matter what you read.
Spiritual things are spiritually discerned and God's Word is Spirit and life.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Apr 29, 2022
derecho:
I just told you but you failed to see it.
Breaking one law, can result in multitudes of sins...uncountable.
Ok. I will bite again... How does breaking Jesus Christ's one law on adultery in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 result in this multitudes of sins you claim? undecided

Where in scripture did God or Jesus Christ in form you that when you commit one sin, you commit this multitudes/uncountable sins you seek of? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did God Use Evolution To Create The Different Types Of Life? / God Has Done Me Well In 2006, What About You? / WHO IS GOD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.