Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

"love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! (39715 Views)

Vietnamese Man Slept Next To The Dead Wife For 5 Years.--true Love Does Exist!!!! / Love Does Not Ask Us To Be Perfect / True Love Does Not Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Osareime(f): 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
I believe in love. But I know that one would be stupid to pick a partner based on only love.

First love actually fades that's the truth. Love actually can die. The line btw love and hate is very thin and is often crossed.
I believe in love but I don't think love should be the only criteria when picking a life partner. That is just recipe for a disaster.

We pray that the ones we are mutually compatible with we actually love enough to get married to and we can build a friendship with them.

2 Likes

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Fulaman198(m): 2:07am On Jan 22, 2013
Osareime: I believe in love. But I know that one would be stupid to pick a partner based on only love.

First love actually fades that's the truth. Love actually can die. The line btw love and hate is very thin and is often crossed.
I believe in love but I don't think love should be the only criteria when picking a life partner. That is just recipe for a disaster.

We pray that the ones we are mutually compatible with we actually love enough to get married to and we can build a friendship with them.

What you're talking about is lust, true, real love shouldn't ever fade.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by topsco(m): 5:54am On Jan 22, 2013
OP,It means u're still lost in d mystery of LOVE.
Do hatred exists?
Are we also in hatred delusion?
How can hatred b controlled?
Ones U know the answers to those questions above,then u will know if love exist or is just a delusion.
....IFE NI OLUWA...
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by sexybash(f): 9:52am On Jan 22, 2013
topsco: OP,It means u're still lost in d misery of LOVE.
Do hatred exists?
Are we also in hatred delusion?
How can hatred b controlled?
Ones U know the answers to those questions above,then u will know if love exist or is just a delusion.
....IFE NI OLUWA...
True love speak the truth in the misdst of many lies, true love is loving someone in as much as he/she is not there for you, love is never comfortable i.e it takes you out of your comfort zone, true loving makes you hold on to a weak hand hoping it going to be stong, true lover never ever fade
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Love doesn't exist, because men like money too much. They force women to fall in love. In my opinion, love exist, but you need more luck
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Fulaman198(m): 8:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
IloveFred: Love doesn't exist, because men like money too much. They force women to fall in love. In my opinion, love exist, but you need more luck

Men like money too much? Are you sure that you're not talking about women here?
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Osareime(f): 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
Fulaman198:

What you're talking about is lust, true, real love shouldn't ever fade.

There is love and there is lust. True love can fade. That is why brothers fight.

So if your two brothers fight they love they had was lust.

Love for a brother is different from romantic love definitely. I just need to use that example to tell you that true love can fade.

If you truly love someone and you find out the person is sleeping with your best friend you would understand why love can fade,
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Fulaman198(m): 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
Osareime:

There is love and there is lust. True love can fade. That is why brothers fight.

So if your two brothers fight they love they had was lust.

Love for a brother is different from romantic love definitely. I just need to use that example to tell you that true love can fade.

If you truly love someone and you find out the person is sleeping with your best friend you would understand why love can fade,

It's very possible the brothers never loved one another. Part about loving someone is excepting them as they are. Love DOES NOT FADE. True love is unconditional

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
I hope u pple wl seriously 4give me 4 resurrecting dis thread....pls does d OP nw believe love exists afta 2 years or ar u stl in denial
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Shankboye(m): 12:01am On Jul 31, 2013
T rone.. Hello luv
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by prasidhphi: 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
love
http://lotusocean..co.uk/2008/10/love.html

"there are lot of people running around in

this mad world spewing this word 'Love'

infact it might be the most used word

in the world, after expletives that is

even through the simplest observation we find that

this word has been reduced to a bond

pushed vigourously by media & society

created primarily between -

1. a man & a woman (lovers)

2. a woman and her child (holy mother-child relationship; we exclude the father-child relationship here because it is not so celebrated)

3. a man and a man or a woman and a woman ( friends; gay/lesbian club takes this to the lover level)

through an honest look

one finds that ALL of these relationships

end in tears, sorrow, heartbreak

in fact most beings end up

being completely disillusioned by the whole concept of 'love'

so does True, Pure, Real, Everlasting Love exist?

and if so why do these society okayed relationships not have it?

lotusocean answers ~

YES it does exist but can only happen between

a *soul* & *the divine supersoul*

the only Love which makes sense

it is for something greater than yourself

something perfect

a Love which can actually make one transcend

all the evil of this plane

the only Love

which makes one Evolve

i.e do what Love is supposed to do

ALL the relationships of this plane are all

based on varying degrees of *selfishness*

even the love

for animals, country, religion etc is

tinged with this 'identification selfishness' which

ironically doesn't do any good for the self

though some might argue

that mother-child relationship is an exception

but it can be proven quite easily that mothers

only do something for their child as they expect

them to fulfill their own unfulfilled expectations & dreams

mothers are themselves no perfect beings

and in their ignorance push their child towards

devoluting ways without even knowing what they are doing

same applies to everyone else

how can one imperfect being Love another imperfect being perfectly ?

one can delude oneself that they do

for a while

but the illusion is likely to break

sooner or later

in ALL these relationships one

is not really loving but just expecting someone

to behave the way they want them to behave

this training in fact doesn't allow beings to

even Love the *absolute* perfectly because

they are so used to their own constructs

being fulfilled by someone else

the TRUTH is/was/willbe that only

the perfect being CAN

be loved perfectly and only that love

can lead one to perfection within

rest is just a timepass with ever-rising stakes ...

stakes are high because evil beings/demons etc

are using this word to exploit the light beings

of their soul & energy with disasterous & painful consequences

for the involved"
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by pastorjew(m): 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
there is love, but it is not everybody that can see it... read more here...
http://www.singlescompassministry.com/2016/04/compass-for-today-love-is-reliable.html
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Sky777: 2:21pm On Nov 24, 2016
I know this is way late, but I had to comment. You claim that you are being scientific and objective but you are not. You have not proven anything. You use statistics of failed marriage as proof. That doesn't explain anything. There are many variables such as culture and socio-economic aspects that you've refused to take into account. The fact is that while you've tried to use to science to debunk love, science is what actually proves it. Love is an evolutionary function that kept couples together in order to stay together long enough to raise children together because this gave the species an advantage. It is similar to the fact that mothers bond with their offspring in order to stay with them long enough to provide for them and protect them. These are actual hormonal occurrences that can be analysed and measured. Love is a fact. It is unscientific to deny it. Your arguments are redundant. If it is just lust, the human species would not have progressed. No one would have stayed together long enough to raise children together in the absence of societal pressure. Yet there is evidence that early humans, and even certain other animals such as Swans developed life-long bonds. Where it a case of simple lust, it wouldn't last and they would leave each other when someone more attractive comes along.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Everything That Will Happen On Valentine's Day Tomorrow / Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? / Customs Boss Use & Dump Story: My Pics Were Stolen, Used For Evil- Girl Exclaims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.