Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

- Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (53445 Views)

Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men / Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? / Why Do Men Cheat ( Strictry For Females) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2011
I lost interest in this thread a long time ago
Re: by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2011
Re: by bashydemy(m): 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2011
@slymm i feel you well that who i am and i will never lie like some men and guys here do and am still saying it any man who did not cheat have not gotten to that point every rich men will cheat i mean and am serious about if you are married and said your husband is honest with you then he has not gotten to that point and not comfortable financially so dont trust any man even pastors do cheat Iman do cheat i am a man and i know when we men can do if anyone is telling he is honest you will be shoked the day you find out he cheat with your closest friend. Shikena
Re: by SleekReek(m): 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2011
Please let me answer the post,all married men would not cheat,generalization is the first sign of ignorance. As a single guy i had a girlfriend i never cheated on,she eventually cheated on me with a wealthier guy and left me,funny thing is she just got married while i'm expecting my second child. Men cheat to safe guard there hearts,so that there spouses can't have any hold on them,they careless what she does,it's just an ego thing,every man wants to really love a lady and be faithful and feel safe in that relationship but fear wouldn't allow them,so they cheat and call it natural.They are guys who are just one women men,though such men get hurt easily when para-adventure there ladies cheat on them,which can inevitably change them to want to start cheating,it's a vicious cycle as a single guy you love a lady but you may not be so financially bouyant,then she cheats on you and leaves you for a wealthier guy,then you focus all your hurt and anger and end up being wealthy yourself and then make another good lady suffer for the hurts your past lady caused you,make up your mind to break that cycle! I believe the beauty of any relationship/marriage is being faithful,temptation does come but because you love your partner and you have made a committment to them,you resist it and stay faithful and then your relationship grows. Don't justify your lack of self control by saying cheating is normal,just acknowledge i have a problem and you will recieve help., i rest my case.

@bashy_demy having money doesn't give you the license to cheat,infact with money you should sit with your spouse and plan on how to grow and establish the money you have so graciously being given. To answer you,i give my wife enough feeding money and i give her a salary irespective of the fact that she has her own business,because it's just my responsibility to,just like it's my responsibility to remain faithful to our marriage vows.Have a lovely day and i hope you one day have a change of heart.
Re: by slymm(f): 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2011
@sleek reek, thank you very much for your very intelligent answer. @ bashy, as i said, get over your self, you are starting to sound really pathetic. How many men in the world do you know? Someone said 'marriages are like planes, you only hear about those that crash', the story of a faithfull and honest man is boring, so the media feeds you with unfaithfull men because that makes for juicy stories and reading. Stop saying ALL men will cheat, as i said, you do not know all men, you are not the tool by which every man is measured. Stop going on and on about your vice. it is annoying. You are starting to sound like your money and vice is the only thing you can point out to proove you are a man. Get over it.
Re: by slymm(f): 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2011
I never said stop cheating on your wife, please by all means go ahead and do it, as i said we all have our vice, but please stop with the generalisation, it takes away from your intelligence a great deal. You have only met and heard about a few men in your life, so stop acting like you have the info on every single living man. And you keep going on and on about my man cheating with someones closest friend, seriously? Even some cheats know where to draw the line, you i see, have no boundaries. Really sad.
Re: by bashydemy(m): 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2011
@slymm you sound so hard about this and in every of my comments i always give you some point and reasons why men will cheat and like i said every men will cheat i still repeat and stand on my point every rich men will cheat try to make some research about this, we are all thieves its the ones that got caught that are armed robber, if you are married and trust your hubby so much that he will never cheat on you i pray you dint collapse the day you will see him mounting on your closest friend and i hope you will come here to tell us about the stories
Re: by slymm(f): 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2011
@Bashy, remember i said you sound intelligent?, well, maybe its time you stop posting because you are swimming against the tide. As i said, you do not know all the men in the world, so you have nothing to back up your silly argument. You are speaking from your own little, insignificant corner of the world. I have said nothing about my husband of bf, i wonder why you are going on and on about him and my best friend. Get a grip, you sound like a broken record. maintain your point, stand by it, whatever gets you through the night dude! You insult any man that does not hold your view, call him poor and a liar, and claim every woman against you has her husband cheating with her best friend. I fear i am speaking with someone whose I.Q is hovering around room temperature. I see Bashy, i see all men. FACT! ,
Re: by bashydemy(m): 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2011
@slymm you make me laugh am only saying this from my own angle and i still maintain my point i can't trust any man especially the rich ones there are different between some couples been married for 100yrs that a good thing but one of them will cheat and i still mean everything i said and you yourself swear to God that you have never cheat on your boy friends
Re: by Abali1(m): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2011
@Bashy, I understand what you re trying to say. But the truth of this matter is that not ALL men will cheat on their spouse. MAJORITY, I will say is the number( rich or poor; ugly or handsome; short or tall). BOT NOT ALL.

I'm one of those who b.liv in one man, one woman thing. I stayed FAITHFUL in my first ever relationship, for FOUR YEARS. Not that I wasnt tempted to cheat, Not that i am morally upright. BUT I DID NOT CHEAT.

I tried it in my second r.ship, until the feeling of insecurity sets in (like Sleek said). I loved the babe so much, but I also have it at the back of my mind that if she disappoints me; then i wiil turn to emotional wreck. So I started cheating, but she neva caught me. GUESS WHAT? She ended up disappointing me.

Am not yet married(though am comfortable financially), I do not know if I will meet someone, like my first who will win my TRUST and make me not to cheat or I will meet someone who will be just for procreation.

IF I HAD MARRIED MY FIRST, I WOULD NEVER HAVE CHEATED ON HER.
Re: by N101: 12:49am On Jul 18, 2011
Abali1:

@Bashy, I understand what you re trying to say. But the truth of this matter is that not ALL men will cheat on their spouse. MAJORITY, I will say is the number( rich or poor; ugly or handsome; short or tall). BOT NOT ALL.

I'm one of those who b.liv in one man, one woman thing. I stayed FAITHFUL in my first ever relationship, for FOUR YEARS. Not that I wasnt tempted to cheat, Not that i am morally upright. BUT I DID NOT CHEAT.

I tried it in my second r.ship, until the feeling of insecurity sets in (like Sleek said). I loved the babe so much, but I also have it at the back of my mind that if she disappoints me; then i wiil turn to emotional wreck. So I started cheating, but she neva caught me. GUESS WHAT? She ended up disappointing me.

Am not yet married(though am comfortable financially), I do not know if I will meet someone, like my first who will win my TRUST and make me not to cheat or I will meet someone who will be just for procreation.

IF I HAD MARRIED MY FIRST, I WOULD NEVER HAVE CHEATED ON HER.

You've highlighted something very interesting - insecurity led to cheating.  The thing is, by saying you yourself "if this babe cheats on me I'm going to be an emotional wreck" and then cheating on her, you in effect have set yourself up for that.

Thing is, you have to shine your eyes when getting into ANY relationship.  Look beyond the physical to qualities that will last.  And don't throw yourself into it emotionally if you even think  you will be disappointed - you will only continue the cycle of cheating again.  The choice is yours. 

bashy_demy:

@slymm you sound so hard about this and in every of my comments i always give you some point and reasons why men will cheat and like i said every men will cheat i still repeat and stand on my point every rich men will cheat try to make some research about this,  we are all thieves its the ones that got caught that are armed robber,  if you are married and trust your hubby so much that he will never cheat on you i pray you dint collapse the day you will see him mounting on your closest friend and i hope you will come here to tell us about the stories

You really need to stop making cheap points at the expense of others.  Whatever slymm's relationship with her husband/boyfriend is and what they choose to do, it is not for you to speculate about their relationship in order to justify your claim about all men cheating.  You may stand by what you've said by all means, but there's no need to deride someone else's relationship because of your own lifestyle choice.
Re: by slymm(f): 1:31am On Jul 18, 2011
@101, thanks for your post, i asked him myself why he keeps going on and on about my bf and hubby. He does not know me or hubby, and i insist @ Bashy is not the specimen of every red blooded male alive. @Bashy, cheat if you must, stand by your twisted view if it makes you feel better about yourself. And no, i have never cheated on any bf, have i been tempted? Yes! There is no rule that says you can not be attracted to others or tempted, but your vows say be faithfull. Stop defending your lack of morals and self control by trying to throw every single man into your gutter of infidelity.
Re: by iragbijile: 4:38am On Jul 18, 2011
the solution is polygamy

Meeeeeee is how God planned it for men
Re: by bashydemy(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2011
@all that is bashing me up and down especially slymm have you forgotten the headline of this thread? it says Will All Married Men Cheat - Lets Hear From the Men i guess this thread need polls OP please try to create a poll and lets vote on this issue and beside since the topic is Will All Married Men Cheat - Lets Hear From the Men you can't expect everyone on here to say no in order to gain people attention or for people to believe he/she is honest, like i said earlier a man that kill his mother will always have something to say and will also have some people that will back up him up life is not the same and we all cannot think the same way, but to my own belief all men will cheat and i still remain on my stand, for examply will all Politician steal? that is what everyone think that anybody running for a political post is going there to enrich his/pocket and if there is a thread for that some people will come here and say yes why some will say no same thing applicable here the OP ask the question and need people opinion toward it and my own opinion is yes if yours is no then you are looking at it from your own angle. Beside we can't seem to see things the same way to me all Married men cheat or will cheat that my own opinion especially the rich men tiger wood, Wayne Rooney,Ryan Giggs,John Terry, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Abrahamovic, etc have proven it i give you examples of people i know then give me yours to back up your claim pls and stop bashing me up and down slymm.
Re: by slymm(f): 10:11am On Jul 18, 2011
@Bashy, as i said, you are speaking from your own little and insignificant corner of the world. stand by your view like your whole life depends on it, defend your post like your essence as a man is question. Sweetie, take a chill pill. The issue is not taking a poll, the issue is neither you or i know every man in the world. I understand your point, but there is a certain ignorance and unintelligence associated with people who generalise based on their own experience and the experience of others. Majority is never all. It has never been all and will never be all. 98% of men will cheat or 80% of women will cheat, still does not make it ALL.
Re: by slymm(f): 10:18am On Jul 18, 2011
If you care to notice, and open your mind just a little bit, you will see that most people arguing with you, are just asking you to not use the ALL word. Still, go ahead since you said you will stand by it. I have not judged you oh, as i said we all have our vice, some cheat, some beat , some steal, we all have a dark side. Just be wise enough to know that not every single living man(rich, poor, or whatever) will cheat. Some just do not, and as hard as it is for you to comprehend, there is nothing strange under the sun.
Re: by bashydemy(m): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2011
Well you seem not really understand me slymm am going by the topic wish ask if all married men will cheat and my own understand of men so far is that almost all men will cheat the faithful will only be 10/1000 and the revd fathers but all men that that are very social and rich will cheat that my own point its not possible for all of us on here to give the same response on this issue you might be right about your point and i believe i am on my too.
Re: by slymm(f): 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2011
@Bashy, aww, i am starting to really like you. Lol! I appreciate your understanding of my point of view, and i also want you to know that i really really get you. I understand you much more than you think. 10/100 is not an absolute is it?, yes most rich men will cheat, still very few will not. I am not judging you oh, never, its your life, and you must live it in a way that makes you happy, and still be open minded enough to understand that just because you and every man you know , have around you and have heard of is cheating does not mean that there is no faithfull man rich or not who currently walks the surface of the earth. As i said, there is nothing strange under the sun. You will be suprised to learn about some things you consider impossible.
Re: by ikooko(m): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2011
bashy_demy:

Well you seem not really understand me slymm am going by the topic wish ask if all married men will cheat and my own understand of men so far is that almost all men will cheat the faithful will only be 10/1000 and the revd fathers  but all men that that are very social and rich will cheat that my own point its not possible for all of us on here to give the same response on this issue you might be right about your point and i believe i am on my too.

Bashy, do you know why i stopped responding to this thread? because i have made my point and most posters disagreed on the use of the word ALL. Well, let them stick to their guns, I just hope they will not be too shocked to recover when the truth crystallized.

In strict adherence to this topic; WILL ALL MARRIED MEN CHEAT? I will say YES, but most posters are actually condemning the act ''cheating'' rather than sticking to the topic with reality based facts.

Really, I belief all men cheat, but in my opinion TIME is the only differentiating factor as to whether a man would cheat or not. In reality, ALL men are committed to non cheating habits when they take their marital vows, this in my opinion bring us to the 3 categories of cheaters:
a) Those that start in the early years of marriage (Early starters usually below 15 years)
b) Those that start to cheat at some points btw 15 to 30 years of marriage (Middle starters)
c) Those that start to cheat from 30 years of marital life and above. (Late starters)
In my opinion, late starters are most dangerous because when they do, they take up 2nd wife straight-up. Middle starters are likely to have a love child because of inexperience, while early starters are usually very smart, they've master the artistry over years. Note that we are not discussing consequences of cheating though, they are numerous.

bashy_demy; hilli666, richvkunt; tunnytox and others who share same tot on this issue. I truly commend you guys not because you are promoting the act of cheating, (we all agree it's bad) but for saying the realistic truth.
If anyone is too passionate about the act to be disillusioned, let them be; perhaps it high time we open another thread for cheaters so that we can compare notes.

You are allowed to criticize my stance on this but first think about it critically while you must have excel in the 3 categories as enumerated above.
Re: by tpia5: 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2011
So gaay
Re: by bashydemy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2011
@slymm m glad you start understanding me and my point and i do understand yours too and like ikooko have said in his last post that time will tell when men will cheat

@ikooko thank you so much for elaborating us more about the categories of when some men will start to cheat as for me i will group myself to the group of the early cheater i am into 5yrs of my marriage i have even been sleeping with some other girls when my wife is pregnant for my first child so i see no reason to lie about my life affair if not for the fact that we should respect our wife it cost me nothing to tell her and beside i believe she know i do cheat cos she has deleted alot of girls number from my phone, sometimes when am at home and some girls call me i pretend not to hear what they are saying my wife will tell she at distance hear what she is saying how i come i don't and always i should just becareful because she know how much i love her and my kids i still remain on point all married and men will cheat but we have class of cheating ikooko i think we need to create a thread for the cheaters as you said
Re: by tpia5: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2011
create a thread for sex addicts you mean.
Re: by bashydemy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2011
tpia you get problem and you know that yourself so whatever
Re: by tunnytox(m): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
@Bashy_Demy
I can see that you and slmm have at least agree with each other' point of view.

I think I perfectly understand Slmm argument and I want to say that I quite agree with what she is trying to pass accross, whichever way you look at it the fact still remain that a very large percentage of married men will cheat BUT definitely not all married men will cheat. I believe some poster have mentioned some reasons why married men cheat such as insecurity, indisciplne, low self esteem and many more on the other hand I believe the reasons why some married men will not cheat are but not limited to:

1. Poverty - The last thing on the mind of a broke man particularly those being fed by their wives will be to cheat because that will mean he's inviting hunger to be his best friend. However, there are few exceptions to this e.g. men who are very good looking and know how to pull rich willing babes will still cheat by using what they have to charm ladies and get what they want.

2. Religion - some men are very religious and will try so much to uphold the tenets of their beliefs, I personally know some people who are so dedicated to their religion and will never cheat

3. Moral upbringing/attitude
- Some people are very morally disciplined, religious or not these set of people will never cheat on their wives and if they do it will likely be a one off which they'll usually be very apologetic. For instance my grandfather apart from being very religious was also a person of excellent moral standing as at when he died over 10 years ago he was only married to my grandmother despite pressures from many his friends who are married to more than one wives. He was rich judging by standards obtainable during his own time but still was very committed to his family.

4. Those who can't afford to cheat - Some men just can't afford to cheat due to the emotional and financial implications, for instance in most parts of the developed world divorcing your wife could spell doom for you financially and it may ultimately leads to a situation that may prevent you from having access toy our own children.

5. Those who do not have the opportunity
- some men can't cheat for obvious reason which is lack of ooportunity, for instance if you live abroad it may be very difficult for you to cheat because there absolutely no spare time for such frivolities. Many families abroad especially those with young children must provide care for their children at all time, the usuall arrangements with many families is to ensure that at least one person (either the father or the mother) is available at home all the time to look after the children. This doesn't mean some men still don't cheat but a lot of men still cheat but these set of people are usually very organised with their timing and meticulous with their plan.

6. Men who are very dedicated to their family
- some men are so dedicated to their family to an extent that cheating will be the last thing on their mind, for instance I have 2 young children that I really adore, I work 9-5 Monday to Friday all my schedule are parked with each member of my family having their own time slice there's absolutely no room for me to cheat even if I want to. For instance one my of kids will attend a swimming class, a dance class and a language class once a week and also a family day out almost every Saturday, these coupled with my other obligations (like Yoruba class which I organised by myself, Bible teaching time and a time slice for my wife as well) leave me with absolutely no time to ever think of such thing like cheating.
There are also some very dedicated men that have deviced a clever means of avoiding cheating, this is by ensuring you don't put yourself in any situation that will leave you vulnerable. Take for instance some people knew how weak they are when it comes to women and what they simply do is avoid going to places like clubs or other joints where those women of easy virtures are readily available.

There are many other reasons which I can not metion now may be some other posters can add to what I stated above.

Above all the choice is yours, and like someone stated earlier every body have their own weakness so there's no need to judge anyone however, its very important to identify your weakness and possibly try to work on how to overcome such weakness.

Goodluck everyone
Re: by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2011
ikooko:

Bashy, do you know why i stopped responding to this thread? because i have made my point and most posters disagreed on the use of the word ALL. Well, let them stick to their guns, I just hope they will not be too shocked to recover when the truth crystallized.

In strict adherence to this topic; WILL ALL MARRIED MEN CHEAT? I will say YES, but most posters are actually condemning the act ''cheating'' rather than sticking to the topic with reality based facts.

Really, I belief all men cheat, but in my opinion TIME is the only differentiating factor as to whether a man would cheat or not. In reality, ALL men are committed to non cheating habits when they take their marital vows, this in my opinion bring us to the 3 categories of cheaters:
a) Those that start in the early years of marriage (Early starters usually below 15 years)
b) Those that start to cheat at some points btw 15 to 30 years of marriage (Middle starters)
c) Those that start to cheat from 30 years of marital life and above. (Late starters)
In my opinion, late starters are most dangerous because when they do, they take up 2nd wife straight-up. Middle starters are likely to have a love child because of inexperience, while early starters are usually very smart, they've master the artistry over years. Note that we are not discussing consequences of cheating though, they are numerous.

bashy_demy; hilli666, richvkunt; tunnytox and others who share same tot on this issue. I truly commend you guys not because you are promoting the act of cheating, (we all agree it's bad) but for saying the realistic truth.
If anyone is too passionate about the act to be disillusioned, let them be; perhaps it high time we open another thread for cheaters so that we can compare notes.

You are allowed to criticize my stance on this but first think about it critically while you must have excel in the 3 categories as enumerated above.

Thank you very much for your honesty.
I have actually been thinking about opening a thread about cheating where honest brothers can compare notes on how we go about our cheating games on girl friends and wives.
This is not meant to be a glorification of cheating which I know is wrong but I believe men can not just help themselves.
However I feel women do not want such a thread,because it will hit them too close to home and they will realise that most of their husbands and boyfriends are actually into the game of cheating.
When I talk about cheating I am not refering to wet behind the ears semi virgins or the sanctimonious liars who will come on the thread to lie that they have been married for trillions of years and have never cheated on their wives/girlfriends.
I am talking about truthful brothers who actually know cheating is wrong but can not help themselves due to a lot of factors.
Such a thread will actually help women to understand their men better.
To the truthful men out there what do you think?
Re: by tpia5: 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2011
So a man who doesnt cheat is lying while the ones who cant control themselves shouldnt confess they have a sex addiction.
Re: by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 18, 2011
^^^
Freak,am ignoring you!
Re: by tpia5: 11:24pm On Jul 18, 2011
^Anything you cant control, controls you.

May you not meet the man or woman who will render you permanently impotent.
Re: by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 18, 2011
^^^
Why not post under your alter ego Kandiikane?
Besides I was not talking to you FREAK-A-ZOID!
Re: by tpia5: 11:33pm On Jul 18, 2011
^Look, dumbo cubed

no need to throw a hissy fit.

Very unmanly.
Re: by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 18, 2011
^^^
I know you are trying to get this thread locked,so am gonna try to ignore you.
If you get me pissed,I swear I will open a thread for cheating bruthas to exchange notes.
Just push me .I am begging you.
Please just push me.
And if you dare come back as Kandiikane,I promise you I will do it!
SPLIT PERSONALITY!
Re: by tpia5: 12:52am On Jul 19, 2011
Wait a minute, i dont get it.

Is your post supposed to be a threat or what exactly.

Open the thread and lets see what new techniques you think you have.

When you're done, i'll point you to a few threads myself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply)

I Think My Husband Scammed Me / She Satisfies Me More Than My Wife / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.