Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Ask Graduates On Nairaland - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ask Graduates On Nairaland (27233 Views)

Massive Recruitment Of Graduates On The Island In Lagos By Phillips Outsourcing / KPMG Discriminates Against Polytechnic Graduates On Recruitment / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by zionmade(m): 12:01pm On May 02, 2022
DHaran:
most of u saying there is no jobs in nigeria let me put this to your notice there is jobs!! it depends on what you study!
study courses that you can use and get job easily... i am an undergraduate i am meant to understand that it is either due to bad grades,lack of basic skill in your course of study making them incompetence
Rather than showing ignorance I will advice you to listen to opinions here in silent. That's why the thread is meant for graduates.

If you want keep listening to those who are telling you that once you make a good grade in a very good course and you know the basics of your course then there are good jobs out there waiting for you. I sure know it will end in tears

And I heard u mention engineering softwares sorry for u if you think your pdms, hysys, mathcad, autocad etc will easily get you a job.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by zionmade(m): 12:12pm On May 02, 2022
Lekan239:
pls stop ranting, it is well known that Southern Nigeria is more competitive than northern Nigeria. Are you expecting birnin kebbi state to give you a state job and leave his people, the state should be employing people from Lagos and Anambra because his people are not sound right?

How many Northerner do you see having federal jobs here in the South? So all the federal jobs in Sokoto and Katsina state should be given to Ibadan and imo resident because Fulani are not well educated like the southerners.

Haven't you heard of quota system before? In the South a lot of people is fighting for few federal government and state jobs, while in the north it is not that competitive like the South.

Sane way in the South, there are also lot of graduate who can't complete a sentence.
You are correct but for the federal job side of it. Hausas and fulanis dominate the top federal parastatals and juicy positions in those companies and don't tell me its quota or by merit. Infact there is a federal company in SS where 85% of the language spoken there is hausa.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by XploraBen(m): 12:14pm On May 02, 2022
nenyewrites:

Can you write technically articles very well? If yes, send a DM. I'll pay 4 naira per word. 3 naira for non technical.
Sent you a DM.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 02, 2022
XploraBen:

Sent you a DM.
Will reply now
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 12:53pm On May 02, 2022
seanwilliam:
the bolded is easier for someone that have financial backing .
Absolutely bro
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Trojan8(m): 1:06pm On May 02, 2022
nenyewrites:

Can you write technically articles very well? If yes, send a DM. I'll pay 4 naira per word. 3 naira for non technical.

Should I also send a dm?

Though its a part-time deal, so I would be working weekends. wink
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 02, 2022
Trojan8:

Should I also send a dm?

Though its a part-time deal, so I would be working weekends. wink

Yeah, you can.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by yinkbell: 2:09pm On May 02, 2022
Mummyimbecile:
nothing bro, just a moniker
Thanks bro. You can get a better moniker; the type that potrays you as a positive human being.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Lekan239(m): 2:18pm On May 02, 2022
zionmade:

You are correct but for the federal job side of it. Hausas and fulanis dominate the top federal parastatals and juicy positions in those companies and don't tell me its quota or by merit. Infact there is a federal company in SS where 85% of the language spoken there is hausa.
they might be at the top at those federal companies in the South South, but using the world dominate is a no no, I still know off many Southern neighbors and friends working in NDDC and co.

Infact each traditional rulers and each community have slot in the South South

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by STEWpid(f): 2:43pm On May 02, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

I got your point and I understand your angle of reasoning. I am simply saying that your blanket statement edges out the actual point that you are trying to make. If you acknowledge that it takes a smart individual to learn a language and speak it proficiently, then introduce your angle of thought, you would make a better case.
This is why I referred you to the fact that it is a career. And, a career stems from enlightenment. I believe that carpenters, mechanics, vulcanisers, and even tomato traders are smart. Do not let a generic view on an issue create a negative feel in your heart toward something good.
When you leave the Nigerian environment, you can better appreciate English speakers. My point is that, your negative feel has spread out and covered even the people who build their careers on English.
Well, I had my early years in the UK, so my English comes from native speaking and, with an accent even till this day. I studied in BC. What's more? I have only lived a cumulative 13 years of my life in 9ja. Nevertheless, I know of an old friend called Ngozi who studied English in UNN. She speaks better English than I do. She does not talk faster, or have the accent but she commands English and UTTERS more advanced words that exist in my head only. Ngozi taught me the art of public speaking and speech writing. Ngozi opened my eyes to privileges that the English language offers. Because of Ngozi, I paid attention to understanding what I actually voice out.

Ngozi was born and raised in Enugu. She had never stepped a foot out of her state until NYSC, and today she works in the British Consulate in Nigeria.

Let Ngozi change your thought. Let Ngozi inspire you the way she did me.

Fewer times, those who speak English with an attitude and make a noise about it cannot distinguish between an adverb and an adjective. Nevertheless, giving them credit will not hurt anyone. You take the time to be better in whatever skill that you posses.

I speak English fluently but I can't make my outfit. I am outsmarted in that regard. I can't fix my car. I stand by and watch a tiny little man do it. He edges me out in that space.

I give them credit. I admit, IN THAT SPACE OF KNOWLEDGE, I am incapacitated by a smarter man. That's humility, I guess.
Cheer up!

Nice points!

Smiles...

2 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Kwara1stson: 3:22pm On May 02, 2022
dfrost:

I like your guts. Cool. If gifted the funds, you'll have to show proof of the paid courses bought, right?
yes I will. I promise
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by XploraBen(m): 4:01pm On May 02, 2022
nenyewrites:

Will reply now
You're yet to give a feedback to my reply.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by zionmade(m): 4:25pm On May 02, 2022
Lekan239:
they might be at the top at those federal companies in the South South, but using the world dominate is a no no, I still know off many Southern neighbors and friends working in NDDC and co.

Infact each traditional rulers and each community have slot in the South South
NDDC is a southern affairs
Are federal parastatals supposed to be northern affairs?
You can compare the two
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by DHaran: 4:49pm On May 02, 2022
zionmade:

Rather than showing ignorance I will advice you to listen to opinions here in silent. That's why the thread is meant for graduates.

If you want keep listening to those who are telling you that once you make a good grade in a very good course and you know the basics of your course then there are good jobs out there waiting for you. I sure know it will end in tears

And I heard u mention engineering softwares sorry for u if you think your pdms, hysys, mathcad, autocad etc will easily get you a job.
Sorry for you "the unemployed graduate"
those getting the jobs them be ghost abi
google/chech autocad jobs on indeed/linkedin over 1000+ jobs also check their requirement..
no dey follow the crowed

2 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 02, 2022
XploraBen:

You're yet to give a feedback to my reply.

Going through your articles
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by zionmade(m): 5:04pm On May 02, 2022
DHaran:

google/chech autocad jobs on indeed/linkedin over 1000+ jobs also check their requirement..
no dey follow the crowed
Am in a position to tell u what is happening in the field. Only less than 5% of graduates get good jobs annually, that is about 5 persons out if 100 persons.

You are very naive talking about autocad jobs when you don't know companies no longer use auto cads. Am advising you like a senior, if you are in engineering go for instrumentation, automation, robotics, data science etc. All those autocad, pdms etc will take u no where.
Goodluck if you want to continue wallowing in ur ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by DHaran: 5:30pm On May 02, 2022
zionmade:

Am in a position to tell u what is happening in the field. Only less than 5% of graduates get good jobs annually, that is about 5 persons out if 100 persons.

You are very naive talking about autocad jobs when you don't know companies no longer use auto cads. Am advising you like a senior, if you are in engineering go for instrumentation, automation, robotics, data science etc. All those autocad, pdms etc will take u no where.
Goodluck if you want to continue wallowing in ur ignorance
dont tell me what u dont know... what do company use to aid manufacturing/production
to u if autocad is outdated why do they call for skilled drafter in recent job adverts.
Why do they ask for architech who is skilled in autocad if it is not relevant in the present..
i know of people who skitch and get paid heavily. whats is your point exactly
what do company use to replace autocad
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by 11thGoldTREE: 6:07pm On May 02, 2022
WhizdomXX:
Innovative thread sincerely. This deserves commendation.

Thanks alot. The thread was borne out of frustrations I am currently going through. No good job, no food, I am just demoralised on so many levels.

Sometimes it hurts me when I look back and see I could have also engaged in learning fraud when I was in my 100 level and even before then.

It hurts me to think all I have was hope that It was going to get better soon. But that soon has turned into over 4 years. The best I have had is a teaching job. A job I can't even afford to buy food or few clothes to replace the thorn ones.

I wish someone would have told me how it will be after NYSC but I had no one.
So I figured I could atleast help others who are still at coming to understand the reality on ground.

My eyes have seen alot of of inequality, discrimination

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Lekan239(m): 7:25pm On May 02, 2022
zionmade:

NDDC is a southern affairs
Are federal parastatals supposed to be northern affairs?
You can compare the two
some post in NDDC are appointed by the GCFR
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by zionmade(m): 7:40pm On May 02, 2022
Lekan239:
some post in NDDC are appointed by the GCFR
No matter who makes the appointment NDDC is strictly a southern affair not a federal affairs
All positions there are meant strictly for southerners. If you want to talk, talk about a federal parastatal
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Hahjascho(m): 8:02pm On May 02, 2022
07kjb:
The Nigerian youths brain have been bastardised, everybody is shouting go and learn a skill which they borrowed from our useless leaders.....has it occur to you guys that Nigeria has the highest self employed population in the world yet we are the poorverty capital in the world

Why won't government employ it's own quota,they don't create job, even in the USA today they are still creating millions of job even for immigrants

A government is a circle of public employment, private employment,indirect employment, unskilled then self employed" you tax...... shouting there's no job up and down is a lie from the pit of hell.

Finally Africans are naturally dull you can't hold your leaders accountable is a shame

Note: I'm not discouraging not learning any skill, I'm just stating how it ought to be
Lol..in fact many do not know.. beginning of a mediocre life.

You would need a high paying job to at least start a self acquired skills to stand out and be out of mediocrity.

That's the false philosophy they sell out while the selected few earn in hundreds of thousands per months.

They do not know that when the environment and system is faulty, it will take grace to help it out.

Those who buy nomination forms for #100 and #40 million and also earn a stable millions of naira monthly, how do they think they were able?

Getting skills is in fact great. However, it is wisdom for Nigerians to know how to balance a highly paying jobs with self -established jobs.

Education has never and will never be a scam. We've only been a victim of wrong environment.

We shouldn't be brain-washed

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Hahjascho(m): 8:09pm On May 02, 2022
Equity15:
I don't understand the downgrade on education by Nigerians though. My advise is; what is worth doing is what doing well.

Go to school and try to finish with a first class or atleast an above 4point CGPA, take the GRE when you're serving (Nysc). Apply for straight PHD or masters in the U.S. Nigeria is a lost cause. If Nigeria doesn't appreciate you; America , canada and the rest are ready to accommodate you.
Leave them.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Babastrong(m): 1:57am On May 03, 2022
Nigeria Way forward.
Those who learned bricklaying, vulganizing, barbing etc are riding okada in lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Lekan239(m): 2:16am On May 03, 2022
zionmade:

No matter who makes the appointment NDDC is strictly a southern affair not a federal affairs
All positions there are meant strictly for southerners. If you want to talk, talk about a federal parastatal
go read my input again. You will see NDDC and co. So I wondered why you generalized only on the NDDC. Anyways shalom
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by WhizdomXX(m): 8:55am On May 03, 2022
11thGoldTREE:

Thanks alot. The thread was borne out of frustrations I am currently going through. No good job, no food, I am just demoralised on so many levels.

Sometimes it hurts me when I look back and see I could have also engaged in learning fraud when I was in my 100 level and even before then.

It hurts me to think all I have was hope that It was going to get better soon. But that soon has turned into over 4 years. The best I have had is a teaching job. A job I can't even afford to buy food or few clothes to replace the thorn ones.

I wish someone would have told me how it will be after NYSC but I had no one.
So I figured I could atleast help others who are still at coming to understand the reality on ground.

My eyes have seen alot of of inequality, discrimination
Yeah, the best thing is to start working before you're out of school.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by virginboy1(m): 10:42am On May 03, 2022
Nigeria has failed it's citizens in almost every ramifications cry
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Rick9(m): 5:58pm On May 03, 2022
Following
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by DonEvarest(m): 4:16pm On May 04, 2022
na2016:

No! You need just patience, data, laptop and ability to comprehend (maybe comprehend fast).
thank you

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by depato88(m): 4:18pm On May 04, 2022
Obasempiree:

U will be shocked what u can learn for free today, almost everything with even free certifications I have never spent a dime learning anything since I went into web development. I regretted all the times I used to waste my data on Facebook and YouTube watching things that didn't add value to my live. I have over 700 videos tutorials on web development and digital marketing on my laptop. yes the offline skills cost money but u can learn almost everything for free online. Trust me do ur research I have over 6 certifications from Google and over 20 from different other reputable learning platforms all for free, which is useful today if I wish to further my education, as I initially did accounting and finance in my first degree. I dnt regret being born in the 21st century take advantage of the internet today.

You are right bro. YouTube is also there, i have started learning graphic design on my own through YouTube. Pls refer me to sites or platforms where I can learn IT related skills for free with certifications
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Contekbbc: 8:35pm On May 04, 2022
The fact is when you find yourself in the deepest pit that you can't go down again,the only way and hope is to go up.

Learning a skill is l the only solution to help ourselves in this country rather than living in self pity and poverty.

Or what do you suggest for someone who can't get a good job,will you suggest such person should just accept his/her fate and die in poverty or try another means to live if the first one is not working out.

The point is not everyone will look for job and not everyone will live his/ her dream life being an entrepreneur,just find your niche and give it all it takes.

So many of us made it through God's immense grace and the little efforts we made which if we didn't do might have turned us to the "p" in psychology.

Some families don't help their own and some friends too will hijack the plans we share with them but all the same
The only way out is too keep pushing and doing what we see our future in and do that with the last drop of our blood.

Like myself,after working in the corporate world for awhile,I discovered I don't have an employee blood in me and I went all out with the little hope I had.

Even today,I can't say I am bill gate but with these few years I'm looking at, I'll be �% better than just being an employee.

May all our positive hustles bring in thousands, millions, billions and trillions.

Dontleaveme:

People are fond of just making this statement. Is the skill free or you need money to acquire it?
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Contekbbc: 8:44pm On May 04, 2022
Sorry
When you graduate,you will know the bitter realities in ZIONMADE'S assertions.

Be calming down and forget what you're being taught in the classroom.

I have graduated more than a decade and I can most sincerely tell you that what he's saying is nothing but the truth.

Take it or leave it

DHaran:

no dey follow the crowed
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by zionmade(m): 9:12pm On May 04, 2022
Contekbbc:
Sorry
When you graduate,you will know the bitter realities in ZIONMADE'S assertions.

Be calming down and forget what you're being taught in the classroom.

I have graduated more than a decade and I can most sincerely tell you that what he's saying is nothing but the truth.

Take it or leave it

The young boy doesn't know he is trading words with someone who is way beyond his league. Reality is a bitter teacher. Those people collecting his money and teaching him autocad are the ones deceiving him

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ecobank Recruitment Very Urgent / Icpc Is Recruiting Graduates / Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.