Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Ask Graduates On Nairaland - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ask Graduates On Nairaland (27230 Views)

Massive Recruitment Of Graduates On The Island In Lagos By Phillips Outsourcing / KPMG Discriminates Against Polytechnic Graduates On Recruitment / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by nkemoma(m): 1:04pm On May 01, 2022
S
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by OlawaleBammie: 1:05pm On May 01, 2022
Hmmm eno easy ooh

I troway my paper go dey learn work with people who dont even know how schools look.

We thank God sha

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by PlaysNigeria: 1:05pm On May 01, 2022
E be things
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Trustme2(m): 1:06pm On May 01, 2022
Nigeria
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Trustme2(m): 1:06pm On May 01, 2022
Nigeria
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by BigYash: 1:07pm On May 01, 2022
Job dey,only if you create one for yourself
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by baconline(m): 1:07pm On May 01, 2022
We Nigerians believe in stalk piling certificates, this does not really add value to us, I have interviewed some graduates in a perticular field and believe me 85% did not pass, if u are acquiring certificates just to add to your CV , sorry u might be disappointed

3 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by qanda: 1:08pm On May 01, 2022
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by illicit(m): 1:09pm On May 01, 2022
Nigeria can kill you

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Larrysung(m): 1:11pm On May 01, 2022
Do not let the unemployment rate in Nigeria discourage or stop you from getting a first degree certificate. Get it; it's not entirely useless. Then look for problem solving skill to learn - dive into the mastery of that skill!

15 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Tenshades(m): 1:13pm On May 01, 2022
Youtube is better than Nigerian Universities.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by donemzy115(m): 1:14pm On May 01, 2022
Hmmmm,,,if u ask me,the aim shouldn't be what we are currently facing or the challenges we are currently encountering...it should be what do we stand to gain on the long run? How do we stand to make this gain?where do we stand to make this gain? Let's encircle our thoughts positively rather than surrounding it with the challenges of the societies...I still believe there are loads and loads of opportunities out there for grabs..

Shallom

Happy Sunday and happy new month to you all

3 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Acidbath: 1:16pm On May 01, 2022
HItSong:
2 all undergraduates, pls do not b like me. I traded all ma school fees in ma final year on MMM. I almost died that year...horrible times day year.

Slept in bet naija centres...no money 4 girlfriend. Stole money to visit ashawo joint. Masturbating every single day out of boredom and depression. I am a security man now. Atlist my mates who don't have beta work r earning more. Me dey earn 8k cos na my oga dey feed me.

Hit.Song

Pathetic story. angry
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by RapistOnBail: 1:20pm On May 01, 2022
[b]

5 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Lightway: 1:21pm On May 01, 2022
Aplaudez:
I'm a computer science graduate currently waiting for my nysc, I'm actually planning on redeploying to ibadan, but I'm still skeptical about it, please where is the best state to serve that can land me something doing after my nysc, I'm able and I'm not lazy.

Whats your area of specialization in computer science

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Lightway: 1:22pm On May 01, 2022
Ogbeni2000:
smiley I have completed Bsc, Msc and PhD at the age of 28 but I will never advice you to waste your time venturing into lecturing. Use all the energy you have to travel overseas for your post graduate. It is Nothing but slavery.

Overseas is also slavery

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Angelfrost(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2022
I'm doing very well as an employee and as a freelance writer...

However, I always wish I had learnt soft skills while in school, and started hustling then.

No regrets Sha... Still, I will counsel every undergraduate not to waste his youth trying solely to get a degree or degrees! The jobs are quite few and seriously in competition!

Thank God for the internet, you can start off your career online!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by uncleck: 1:23pm On May 01, 2022
The labor market is over saturated and highly competitive. The skill market is over saturated and cutthroat competitive. Only those who are marginally good and experienced in their field make it in the skill market.

My advice: rather than waste your time, resources and energy studying archeology and those useless courses before you come back and start learning a skill, use that time and enroll for apprenticeship once you can read, write and speak.

Like I always say, don't let motivational speakers lure you into learning a thread in three months. Go to the field, enroll under someone that is already in the field and do apprenticeship for 3-6 years. You will be good

See my advice to somebody last year

"Bro, before I advise you, let me clear your head about certain things. First, there's a huge difference between being a trader and being an entrepreneur. Less than 2% of Nigerians are actually entrepreneurs. Forget about being an entrepreneur if you do not have strong economic or educational (not to be confused with academic) background. Secondly, flee very far away from motivation speakers at this age of your life if you want a happy future life.

Now my advice:
1. If you still want to go to school afterwards, save that 60k and keep saving more while you learn your graphics design. You will need money to buy laptop, flash drives, printers, modem etc if the skill you're learning now will be useful to you when you gain admission. Starting a business now will 90% likely drain this little change you have or significantly distract you from this skill you're learning.

2. Forget about school for now, think of a physical trade like welding, auto mechanic etc and use that 60k to enroll for apprenticeship. Don't allow motivation speakers to lure you into going the 3 - 6 months route. 3-5 years will be your best bet.

3. Look for a big trader that has a track record of settling his boys well and enroll as an apprentice. If you chose this path, make sure you have a large heart to accommodate insult.

If you start either 2nd or 3rd advice this year, by the time you turn 30, you must have become a landlord, bought your own car and have a family.

This advice should suffice if you're from a modest background

Shalom"

21 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Hassanmaye(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2022
kdfinest:

that motivational talk don tire me. one needs funds too, maybe they forget about that, because honestly if I can get funds and very good PC, the sky will be my starting point.
What will you do with it?
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 1:24pm On May 01, 2022
Larrysung:
Do not let the unemployment rate in Nigeria discourage or stop you from getting a first degree certificate. Get it; it's not entirely useless. Then look for problem solving skill to learn - dive into the mastery of that skill!
You're he only one that has spoken well... All I see is People discouraging the young ones from acquiring a better degree.

Get a Degree & a Profitable Skill... That's the goal.

9 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Hassanmaye(m): 1:24pm On May 01, 2022
MajesticKris:
Lol i can only do a white collar job, only wen the pay is above 150k..
I've been driving, Even while in school den..
Guess what grin
I'm still driving. Even after school.. but this time with a very good pay grin more than what my friends who work in some big companies.. EARN

I earn 75k monthly +Plenty plenty benefits grin..
Including weekly Allowances,Feeding Etc. =100k+i drive, for one of the Big schools in Lekki.

I have time, for myself and i am happy, Doing it Untill i japa, from this con3 for my MSC....
Wow I love driving

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by jawalis(m): 1:25pm On May 01, 2022
efficiencie:
If you get the mind go into tech. All the years you spent doing overnight studying nonsense in school would have paid off if you studied for tech roles. Books on tech are available for free online. There are open source/free technologies that you can learn in web development, machine learning, database design and querying, data engineering, data analysis/visualization etc. Plus you can get a remote US, Canada etc jobs that can pay you well. Check out www.turing.com, https://weworkremotely.com/ and https://vanhack.com/ to access remote jobs when you are ready.

Schooling has evolved. Don't go and spend years studying nonsense and expect to land a job quickly. Spend time developing skills that will turn you into a problem solver for both domestic and international employers.

Nobody will pay you to come sit down and look. You need to able to fix problems that earn employers money or help them deliver great products or services ...otherwise you go tey for house!

My name is Adewale. Pls to help me secure a source of living. All I want is something to get doing and earn living, I’ll be graduating from the University this year and it has not been smooth. Pls help me so I won’t be idle and I can as well be useful to myself and to the society in return. No offer is small. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Agugbadin: 1:26pm On May 01, 2022
Johnchrix:
You have bigger opportunity to become rich if u learn a good skill or run your own business. There is too much competition at the workplace. You find a lot of who have worked for many years without promotion, but no one can deny you that in your own business of if you have a high paying me tech skill. Above all be employable.

Nice once.

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Teejaney88(m): 1:27pm On May 01, 2022
Nigeria is a shithole! I cant get April salary because we spent the whole month on holiday which is not our fault. (i work with a private school)

4 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 01, 2022
get that paper it doesn't waste

2 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by toxtimmy: 1:28pm On May 01, 2022
First know what you want.
Second sense aka common sense is better than any degree.
Third us come up with a plan and execute first step using second step to get third step done.

11thGoldTREE:
Lets ask graduates on Nairaland. Why? Because they are the true eyes of the Nigerian reality when it comes to employment.
The aim of this thread is to vent or explain what you are currently facing as a Nigerian graduate.

Also the purpose of this thread is to let those who are currently undergraduates or serving under NYSC to understand the absolute reality in the Labor market and how challenging survival is.

Ask Graduates On Nairaland
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Aplaudez(m): 1:28pm On May 01, 2022
Lightway:

Whats your area of specialization in computer science

Majorly Graphics designing sir.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by LordSkyy(m): 1:29pm On May 01, 2022
Dontleaveme:

People are fond of just making this statement. Is the skill free or you need money to acquire it?
Thank you very much!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ecobank Recruitment Very Urgent / Icpc Is Recruiting Graduates / Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.