Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Ask Graduates On Nairaland - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ask Graduates On Nairaland (27229 Views)

Massive Recruitment Of Graduates On The Island In Lagos By Phillips Outsourcing / KPMG Discriminates Against Polytechnic Graduates On Recruitment / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Contekbbc: 9:14pm On May 04, 2022
Just leave him,when the realities set in he'll sure remember every dose of these

zionmade:

The young boy doesn't know he is trading words with someone who is way beyond his league. Reality is a bitter teacher. Those people collecting his money and teaching him autocad are the ones deceiving him
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by kdfinest(m): 10:33pm On May 04, 2022
Hassanmaye:
What will you do with it?
majorly ecommerce and to learn a digital program.

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by kdfinest(m): 10:38pm On May 04, 2022
Brarrie:
like how much to start with,what kinda skill ?
am looking at 300k, in order to obtain a good spec of PC and also to learn digital skills likes digital marketing, Ecommerce etc
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by kdfinest(m): 10:41pm On May 04, 2022
dfrost:

When you say 'funds' like how much do you think you really need? undecided
am looking at 300k to obtain a good spec pc, learn more of digital marketing, ecommerce etc. the remaining cash after buying PC will be used for serious self development.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Obasempiree(m): 9:05pm On May 05, 2022
depato88:

You are right bro. YouTube is also there, i have started learning graphic design on my own through YouTube. Pls refer me to sites or platforms where I can learn IT related skills for free with certifications

https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage/ if the link doesn't work u can type fundamentals of Digital marketing google digital skills for Africa, you can also download an app called solo learn from play store for programming courses with free certification at the end. Cheers
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by DHaran: 5:24pm On May 06, 2022
Contekbbc:
Sorry
When you graduate,you will know the bitter realities in ZIONMADE'S assertions.

Be calming down and forget what you're being taught in the classroom.

I have graduated more than a decade and I can most sincerely tell you that what he's saying is nothing but the truth.

Take it or leave it

What he said is a fact,, it can be true or totally false maybe that is applicable to him and others but that fate can't be applicable to all Nigerian student...
Lemme tell u ,, engineering softwares aren't taught (in details) in classrooms what they gave us was introduction it all left for u to master it and use it to create real life product...
I aren't limiting my self to what I learned in sch but I want to use what I learnt to solve human problem..
For u graduating 10yrs ago. Please what did u studied

And I will tell u what you are deficit of,,, that why u aren't employed...

Most graduate are unemployable...
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Contekbbc: 5:36pm On May 06, 2022
Firstly, it's funny for you to believe I am not employed and and you that you're still in school is in better stead to lecture me why I've not been employed.
Secondly,you are proud and not ready to learn despite the fact that you don't know a single thing.
Anyways,I won't go into an argument with you but I pay some people's salary,
I was once an employee but now I'm a business owner and hustler.

It's evident you might not go far in life,mark my word,your future can only be better if you have a change of attitude and learn from people who have gone far ahead of you.

I had some friends like you then and we all saw how they ended.

You have a loooooooooooot to learnnnnnnnnnnn

DHaran:

What he said is a fact,, it can be true or totally false maybe that is applicable to him and others but that fate can't be applicable to all Nigerian student...
Lemme tell u ,, engineering softwares aren't taught (in details) in classrooms what they gave us was introduction it all left for u to master it and use it to create real life product...
I aren't limiting my self to what I learned in sch but I want to use what I learnt to solve human problem..
For u graduating 10yrs ago. Please what did u studied

And I will tell u what you are deficit of,,, that why u aren't employed...

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Contekbbc: 5:39pm On May 06, 2022
DHaran:

[s]For u graduating 10yrs ago. Please what did u studied
[/s]
[s]And I will tell u what you are deficit of,,, that why u aren't employed...[/s]

Learn how to write correct English Grammer before you start to jump like monkeys on your false sense of hope without facing REALITY.

You're far behind and the only thing is to calm down and learn from people more experienced than you are,okay!
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Emeraldfynest(m): 1:58am On May 08, 2022
Thanks so much for this boss, I really admire you on this forum and noticed you're an advocate for people especially youths to learn a digital skill. I've been learning UI/UX Design since November and I will say I'm intermediate at it. I applied for an internship recently and in the rejection mail sent, over 600 people were said to have applied.

[b]Do you think the tech field is getting saturated very soon? [/b]With this ASUU strike now, the number of students that have come into tech is now massive, we're over 12000 in a Slack workspace for one training. So how do you think one can stand out from this pool of talent?
qtguru:
First of all, what I will say is; this is one of the most fortunate generation to enjoy certain opportunities, the only issue is; you have to be attune to the local and Global environment, in the 90s, you'd have to check the newspaper for jobs until later jobberman came, but recently the scope of labour has moved beyond the Nigerian market to the Global market, its more likely for undergrates to outearn executives in Nigeria due to the dollar rate and what does this require ?, that the individual under-takes a certain skill and offer their service to companies.

There are many opportunuties that Nigerians are not taught to sought after, our education basically teaches what is printed in the book, I doubt anyone analyzes the market and updates the curriculum, because in my university Babcock, naught much was said on Entrepreneurship only on how to apply for jobs, My course was Business Admin and Marketing and only touch on the organizational structure of business and it's envrionments, nothing on startups because then Startup wasn't a trend.

We are in the era of gigs and independent contractors. The Internet has it's own environment and business are jumping on that, which is why we must learn new skills and fortunately some of these skills are realistic and reasonable in terms of complexity.

There are skills that exists that people can take on that do not really require a certificate just expertise. My advice to anyone is too pick a skill and make alot of research, the opportunities out there exists, you just have to apply for these things.

or else you will take an average 9-5 job in Nigeria stuck in Lagos traffic thinking if there's more to life than this at 5 in the morning. I did that for 4 years, i wanted to lose my mind and basically slaving for a shitty pay, less sleep and no opportunity to develop one's self.

Summary is get a skill, look for global opportunities and if possible start a business.

I thank the Op for this topic also

Note: If there's any typo pls let me know

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Emeraldfynest(m): 2:00am On May 08, 2022
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by DHaran: 1:36pm On May 08, 2022
Contekbbc:

Learn how to write correct English Grammer before you start to jump like monkeys on your false sense of hope without facing REALITY.

You're far behind and the only thing is to calm down and learn from people more experienced than you are,okay!
Go and sit down!!!
Go and tell that to your little children at home they will listen.

Instead of u and that zionmade (the unemployed graduates of nairaland) to look for opportunities and succeed u are here advising someone that his thinking is different from yours...
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by zionmade(m): 2:03pm On May 08, 2022
DHaran:

Go and sit down!!!

Instead of u and that zionmade (the unemployed graduates of nairaland) to look for opportunities and succeed u are here advising someone that his thinking is different from yours...

And how did my name enter there
Did I in any way abuse u?
And when did being unemployed become a sin?
Are u too naive to know that unemployment can happen to anyone?

Assuming we are unemployed graduates, we are still ur elders and having no respect for ur elders is a curse. Keep heaping it on ur future
I feel very sorry for u sha.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by dfrost: 5:42pm On May 08, 2022
kdfinest:
am looking at 300k to obtain a good spec pc, learn more of digital marketing, ecommerce etc. the remaining cash after buying PC will be used for serious self development.

Okay. That makes sense. Although my advice is: start small and upscale. Don't wait until you have the massive money to buy a super system before you start. Start with the ones that will not take much computing power and from there upscale.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Contekbbc: 5:51pm On May 08, 2022
Mark my word and come back in ten years time
I repeat, YOU'LL NEVER SUCCEED.

Your communication is Zero
Your mentality is moving Backwards
Your ignorance is -0
You'll know how stupid you have been all these while.
Send your account numbers of your stupid father and useless mother with your God forsaken siblings and elders and I'll credit all of them without stress.
Stupid boy.
I have tasted corporate world before you were born and I have gone far ahead of your useless parents who didn't train you well to know who to abuse and learn from.
Now,I'm an employer of labour and I'll employ you with your generations when you people are ready.
You're talking of shit when the world has already moved ahead centuries ago.
You must be very very very mad
You can Continue to give yourself some false hope.

DHaran:

Go and sit down!!!

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by DHaran: 7:00pm On May 08, 2022
Contekbbc:

Your ignorance is -0
Send your account numbers of your stupid father and useless mother with your God forsaken siblings and elders and I'll credit all of them without stress.
Stupid boy.
I have tasted corporate world before you were born and I have gone far ahead of your useless parents who didn't train you well to know who to abuse and learn from.
Now,I'm an employer of labour and I'll employ you with your generations when you people are ready.
Contekbbc you have no power of your own.

By the power in the blood of jesus christ, i cancil and nullify the curse and i say back to sender to you, your children, and your generation. in jesus name amen.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by zionmade(m): 8:00pm On May 08, 2022
Contekbbc:

Your ignorance is -0
Stupid boy.
You're talking of shit when the world has already moved ahead centuries ago.
You must be very very very mad
You can Continue to give yourself some false hope.

Don't mind that guy, I wish he knows who he is talking to he will kneel down and weep because he lost an opportunity to connect with someone who you never can tell can connect him somewhere in future. Just leave him he is still a kid
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by RealityKings: 5:52am On May 09, 2022
jesmond3945:
vanhack has over 400k coders chasing few jobs. What is the trick to land a job there?
whats vanhack
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by ArcToyin(m): 8:13pm On May 12, 2022
efficiencie:
If you get the mind go into tech. All the years you spent doing overnight studying nonsense in school would have paid off if you studied for tech roles. Books on tech are available for free online. There are open source/free technologies that you can learn in web development, machine learning, database design and querying, data engineering, data analysis/visualization etc. Plus you can get a remote US, Canada etc jobs that can pay you well. Check out www.turing.com, https://weworkremotely.com/ and https://vanhack.com/ to access remote jobs when you are ready.

Schooling has evolved. Don't go and spend years studying nonsense and expect to land a job quickly. Spend time developing skills that will turn you into a problem solver for both domestic and international employers.

Nobody will pay you to come sit down and look. You need to able to fix problems that earn employers money or help them deliver great products or services ...otherwise you go tey for house!

Which site can I download books on tech?
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by efficiencie(m): 10:04am On May 14, 2022
ArcToyin:

Which site can I download books on tech?

Choose the area of tech you want to start with then search Google using the right keywords. That's how I hunt for books online. For example if i need books on data engineering I could search for data engineering, pdf then I would download all books with the [pdf] marker.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by ArcToyin(m): 10:30am On May 14, 2022
efficiencie:

Choose the area of tech you want to start with then search Google using the right keywords. That's how I hunt for books online. For example if i need books on data engineering I could search for data engineering, pdf then I would download all books with the [pdf] marker.

Thank you
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by ArcToyin(m): 1:14pm On May 14, 2022
efficiencie:

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Simonobodo(m): 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
Abi o , they taught it is easy , I was actually learning one before due to lack of funds I just have to step down , I really wish to continue but no sponsor .

Same here
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Zaynkad: 11:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
alveene:
An experienced Electrical Engineer (@least 4 years post graduate experience) who is job hunting should contact me via silverdammy@gmail.com.

Key requirements.

High quality technical reporting skills
Project Management and strong coordination skills
COREN Registered

Kindly send a cover lever and your CV to the advised e-mail address

I know a a graduate of electrical engineering but not coren certified. Please can he apply
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Zaynkad: 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
zionmade:

Rather than showing ignorance I will advice you to listen to opinions here in silent. That's why the thread is meant for graduates.

If you want keep listening to those who are telling you that once you make a good grade in a very good course and you know the basics of your course then there are good jobs out there waiting for you. I sure know it will end in tears

And I heard u mention engineering softwares sorry for u if you think your pdms, hysys, mathcad, autocad etc will easily get you a job.

Please i need your advice. I know a family man who is an electrical engineer. He has made efforts to learn Autocad but there is no much time due to his job nature. I saw ur post on automation and the rest. What would u advise. He can't stop working for now to learn a skill because he has a family who depends on him for livelihood. But then he also wants to acquire some skills which is required to scale up in the engineering field
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Zaynkad: 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2022
Please i need your advice. I know a family man who is an electrical engineer. He has made efforts to learn Autocad but there is no much time due to his job nature. I saw ur post on automation and the rest. What would u advise. He can't stop working for now to learn a skill because he has a family who depends on him for livelihood. But then he also wants to acquire some skills which is required to scale up in the engineering field

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ecobank Recruitment Very Urgent / Icpc Is Recruiting Graduates / Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.