Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) (34768 Views)

PDP Sues Rep Vincent Ofumelu, Withdraws Provisional Clearance Certificate (Photo / PDP Presidential Aspirants With Their Provisional Clearance Certificates (Photos / Osun '18: PDP Screening Committee Successfully Screens, Clears 11 Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by 1873a: 5:53am On May 02, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

Which Nairaland member was qouted?!
[/s]

is that why you raped your nephew
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by 1873ai: 5:54am On May 02, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:

He thinks nairaland is ipob WhatsApp group. grin.

The first time he quoted me, he was narrating how I was using over 1000 monikers and how he will place call to seun to get me banned. grin

Funny pipu who can't take a handful of what they give in truckload. grin
[/s]
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by 1873a: 5:56am On May 02, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:

Dead on arrival.

My simplyleo account is neither blocked nor banned, I lost log-in details and therefore created this account. The rule says if you are banned, not when you can't access your account.

You created this account barely a month ago, yet you claim you have made my simplyleo account blocked, pls with which account? Because I stopped logging into that account almost a year ago, mods can confirm from the backend if the account is blocked.

The mentioned mods, pls ban this member for using multiple accounts to access this forum and attempting to derail threads

Rule 1 & 19
[/s]
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by ysth(m): 9:23am On May 02, 2022
Tzar:
You don't even know your facts, Lagos is still requesting special status constitutionally.I also request you to use your brain and think too, Lagos only succeeded because the locals were visionary people who made the state conducive for locals and settlers to live and thrive, period! So, if Calabar in the SS could not use her status as capital, who do you blame? Or in the ND with 4 sources of revenue & development avenues (MInistry of ND, NDDC, Federal allocation and IGR) is still behind Lagos, who do you blame?
The SE remains where it is because the indegenes (the governors & governed) do not make the environment conducive for progress. That is why most successful SEasterner have to go to other regions and oversees to succeed. After succeeding, they also do not think about building industries to lift the SE out of the gutters because they know their people and their tendencies. Otherwise , how do you explain how the SE i still where it is in spite of the successes acclaimed by SEasterners outside the SE The SEasterners can at least, choose one of the state and jointly develop it to become close to or better than Lagos, but I bet they won't, because like I said, they know their people too well.

You still dont get the point. Lagos has a bigger IGR because it has the only functional port in Nigeria, most of everything that has ever come in through the sea and air is through lagos, no other state has a fully functional sea port like lagos because of federal government policies in the past, so you see goods, commerce and trade starting from lagos thereby drawing people there, corporate headquarters are sited there also. The Niger Delta and other states dont have this leverage firstly because they dont control their resources neither do they have the kind of infrastructure stimulus like lagos. So for years this have festered not until recently states began developing their infrastructure like new airports, new sea ports in Akwa Ibom, Cross river. Countries of the world which are resource rich or economically bouyant always have some form of financial autonomy and massive port complexes. Singapore, Japan, Qatar, UAE, South africa etc. Its not just by having NDDC, ministry of Niger delta etc that are all controlled by the federal government which dictates the pace at which this parastatals perform or through 13% derivation fund. When states are granted financial autonomy and are able to develop their resources and logistic infrastructure like ports and railways, no one will want to go to the urban jungle called lagos to do business, when states like Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom with be offering more space for growth. Calabar status as capital was pre-independence to be precise. On independence, Lagos became capital and was developed massively which drew Nigerias from all regions coupled with its port, same thing that is happening to Abuja today with its rail. Moreover the south east state still remains amongst the most urbanized and planned places in Nigeria even with a small land mass check the stats. Government presence might be lacking in a way but you cant wish away the fact that the people are enterprising and travel alot for economic gains which Nigeria government over the years have deprived the region of much needed infrastructure stimulus. Why does an Igbo man travel to lagos to import his goods or set up shop, because his region lacks the necessary stimulus which are a fully functional port, power, roads etc by a deliberate attempt of the government to dictate their pace. Mind you power, ports, rails, federal roads, mineral resources, airports, are all under the federal exclusive list.
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by TheRealGap: 9:38am On May 02, 2022
God forbid he or anyone of these people would be Nigeria's last hope. With or without him Nigeria will be better for all.�

DropsMic:
Nigeria's last hope...
In a perfect Nigeria this man go win this coming election but unfortunately we are living in a Nigeria where illogical greed, ethnocracy, nepotism, tribalism and pure stupidity still reign supreme
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by ProudImolite: 9:39am On May 02, 2022
Only hope for Nigeria as it stands now. Make una no worry
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by ysth(m): 9:54am On May 02, 2022
And I beg to ask what successes have other states recorded with all the Successful people they have? Even as rich as Dangote is Kano is still backward. So its a function of government not individual until we stop seeing it as a south east problem and see it as a general problem, Nigeria will remain poor. Mind you Innoson is successful but has all his plants in Anambra an Enugu. Same with Masters energy with his facility in Uturu, Abia state or Enugu and Imo with massive real estate boom?
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by KingHonour(m): 10:52am On May 02, 2022
Our ticket is for Governor of Akwa Ibom

Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by Tzar(m): 12:02pm On May 02, 2022
You still did not get my point too. Lagos ONLY flourishes because it is not hostile to diversity.
Do you realize that there are other ports in Nigeria with longer shorelines?
The Onne and Port-Harcourt ports in Rivers State, the Warri Port, and the Calabar Port. Those ports are doing less than optimal because those politicians from that region refuse to lobby for the ports to be utilized optimally. You can only blame the people from those regions for that.
Back to why the SE and Anambra is not impressive economically /industrially and Peter Obi did nothing about it. Anambra claims to have the biggerst indudtrialist in Nigeria, how many of those so called big industrialists did Peter Obi attract into Anambra during his tenure. We know of Lagos business hubs and free trade zones. How many of such similar projects did Obi do in Anambra? How did Obi increase Anambra IGR during his tenure?
Lagos survived on only IGR for years under OBJ because of vision and innovation, not because of wishful thinking and manner from heaven.
My point is that with all the impressive industrialists the SE and Anambra has, I am not impressed by what Peter Obi and ALL past and present governors of the SE have done with the potentials that the SE has.

ysth:

You still dont get the point. Lagos has a bigger IGR because it has the only functional port in Nigeria, most of everything that has ever come in through the sea and air is through lagos, no other state has a fully functional sea port like lagos because of federal government policies in the past, so you see goods, commerce and trade starting from lagos thereby drawing people there, corporate headquarters are sited there also. The Niger Delta and other states dont have this leverage firstly because they dont control their resources neither do they have the kind of infrastructure stimulus like lagos. So for years this have festered not until recently states began developing their infrastructure like new airports, new sea ports in Akwa Ibom, Cross river. Countries of the world which are resource rich or economically bouyant always have some form of financial autonomy and massive port complexes. Singapore, Japan, Qatar, UAE, South africa etc. Its not just by having NDDC, ministry of Niger delta etc that are all controlled by the federal government which dictates the pace at which this parastatals perform or through 13% derivation fund. When states are granted financial autonomy and are able to develop their resources and logistic infrastructure like ports and railways, no one will want to go to the urban jungle called lagos to do business, when states like Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom with be offering more space for growth. Calabar status as capital was pre-independence to be precise. On independence, Lagos became capital and was developed massively which drew Nigerias from all regions coupled with its port, same thing that is happening to Abuja today with its rail. Moreover the south east state still remains amongst the most urbanized and planned places in Nigeria even with a small land mass check the stats. Government presence might be lacking in a way but you cant wish away the fact that the people are enterprising and travel alot for economic gains which Nigeria government over the years have deprived the region of much needed infrastructure stimulus. Why does an Igbo man travel to lagos to import his goods or set up shop, because his region lacks the necessary stimulus which are a fully functional port, power, roads etc by a deliberate attempt of the government to dictate their pace. Mind you power, ports, rails, federal roads, mineral resources, airports, are all under the federal exclusive list.
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by ysth(m): 12:30pm On May 02, 2022
Tzar:
You still did not get my point too. Lagos ONLY flourishes because it is not hostile to diversity.
The Onne and Port-Harcourt ports in Rivers State, the Warri Port, and the Calabar Port. Those ports are doing less than optimal because those politicians from that region refuse to lobby for the ports to be utilized optimally. You can only blame the people from those regions for that.
Back to why the SE and Anambra is not impressive economically /industrially and Peter Obi did nothing about it. Anambra claims to have the biggerst indudtrialist in Nigeria, how many of those so called big industrialists did Peter Obi attract into Anambra during his tenure. We know of Lagos business hubs and free trade zones. How many of such similar projects did Obi do in Anambra? How did Obi increase Anambra IGR during his tenure?
Lagos survived on only IGR for years under OBJ because of vision and innovation, not because of wishful thinking and manner from heaven.
My point is that with all the impressive industrialists the SE and Anambra has, I am not impressed by what Peter Obi and ALL past and present governors of the SE have done with the potentials that the SE has.

You just they run from pillar to post. I have given you the reason why Anambra and most other states cant do much when compared to Lagos due to the facts of Nigerian laws, geography and powers that be but you think Peter Obi should have done magic in 8 years, bring all the indigenous business men back home, build rivers ports in onitsha because our so called law backs him, build a rail line to connect to warri and port harcourt because the law backs him. I also made you understand why Lagos was able to survive under Tinubu without allocation from Abuja due to internally generated revenue by all the companies and business headquartered there because of the only functional ports there long before Tinubu became governor and also telling you now that free trade zones are approved by the FG under our constitution. But all you can say is the governors here must lobby to have functional ports running in there states? Is this the kind of mindset we would use to become a world power? Lobby to FG to approve deep sea port while by right states on the shoreline with the right geographical settings can apply for licensure to build and operate ports in partnership with foreign investors. If this your mindset is anything to go by, then I tell you Nigeria will never develop beyond the urban slum we have which is Lagos. To mention also NPA is in charge of running the ports in Nigeria, Onne, Calabar and Warri but they decide which port cargoes and ships berth which is lagos because of its deep draught more reason a clamor for deep sea ports. This is beyond lobbying but pure economic subjugation of the previous government. Akwa Ibom deep sea port, Bakassi deep sea port, Bonny deep sea port etc only got approval to business case during this administration because of Amaechi.
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by ysth(m): 12:33pm On May 02, 2022
You seem never to have been to Anambra, you only see the state on nairaland
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by ysth(m): 12:56pm On May 02, 2022
Tzar:

There is nothing like hostility, the Igbos are not hostile, they believe in “have yours while we have ours and everybody is happy”. You are just biased in nature. Nice speaking to you.
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by Mkpurumiriaddic(f): 1:17pm On May 02, 2022
LeoDeKing:

He thinks nairaland is ipob WhatsApp group. grin.

The first time he quoted me, he was narrating how I was using over 1000 monikers and how he will place call to seun to get me banned. grin

Funny pipu who can't take a handful of what they give in truckload. grin

Seun na im papa mate?grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by Tzar(m): 5:20pm On May 02, 2022
You have given no facts.
How did Lagos survive on only IGR for years without federal allocation
If Lagos has the HQs of businesses what is stopping other states from luring them with significantly lower taxes?
What are the lazy politicians, lobbyists & citizens doing to get industrial development in their states? Instead of thinking y’all go cap in hand monthly for FG allocation and nag all year round about Lagos.
You better push your governors, legislators and politicians to do better. Keep excusing mediocrity in your states and beefing Lagos o!
ysth:

You just they run from pillar to post. I have given you the reason why Anambra and most other states cant do much when compared to Lagos due to the facts of Nigerian laws, geography and powers that be but you think Peter Obi should have done magic in 8 years, bring all the indigenous business men back home, build rivers ports in onitsha because our so called law backs him, build a rail line to connect to warri and port harcourt because the law backs him. I also made you understand why Lagos was able to survive under Tinubu without allocation from Abuja due to internally generated revenue by all the companies and business headquartered there because of the only functional ports there long before Tinubu became governor and also telling you now that free trade zones are approved by the FG under our constitution. But all you can say is the governors here must lobby to have functional ports running in there states? Is this the kind of mindset we would use to become a world power? Lobby to FG to approve deep sea port while by right states on the shoreline with the right geographical settings can apply for licensure to build and operate ports in partnership with foreign investors. If this your mindset is anything to go by, then I tell you Nigeria will never develop beyond the urban slum we have which is Lagos. To mention also NPA is in charge of running the ports in Nigeria, Onne, Calabar and Warri but they decide which port cargoes and ships berth which is lagos because of its deep draught more reason a clamor for deep sea ports. This is beyond lobbying but pure economic subjugation of the previous government. Akwa Ibom deep sea port, Bakassi deep sea port, Bonny deep sea port etc only got approval to business case during this administration because of Amaechi.
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by ysth(m): 5:46pm On May 02, 2022
Tzar:
You have given no facts.
How did Lagos survive on only IGR for years without federal allocation
If Lagos has the HQs of businesses what is stopping other states from luring them with significantly lower taxes?
What are the lazy politicians, lobbyists & citizens doing to get industrial development in their states? Instead of thinking y’all go cap in hand monthly for FG allocation and nag all year round about Lagos.
You better push your governors, legislators and politicians to do better. Keep excusing mediocrity in your states and beefing Lagos o!
Sorry for you. You are an incorrigible dunce.
Re: Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) by Tzar(m): 7:42pm On May 02, 2022
Oponu, alainironu omo ale, I really cannot help your state of madness. I honestly apologize.
ysth:

Sorry for you. You are an incorrigible dunce.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan Takes The Lead In Imo / Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 / Igbo Kwenu Sanwo-Olu Campaign Posters Surface In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.