Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Some People Kill With Words - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Some People Kill With Words (13582 Views)

Why Some People More Creative Than Others / Words To Avoid Using During An Interview / Improve Your Business Speak With These Words & Phrases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Aystarz: 1:03pm On May 03, 2022
Goldbw122:
Dont worry there are better job, This is the type of people that beat their wife at home and promote domestic violence, dont worry God knows the best for you.

That's how some of them are. One potential boss who was a Redeem-Churchgoer slated me just for admitting that I was a passive christian. As far as work goes, character and competency ain't important, so long you're a 'worker' in church! Orisirisi grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some People Kill With Words by baralatie(m): 1:04pm On May 03, 2022
Why would anyone ask about marriage?

That is a bit off!

And at least he could have left it simply as
"Okay I understand,let us go on to more important issues that concerns your level of productivity"

3 Likes

Re: Some People Kill With Words by HltSong: 1:04pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:

Finally, the interview that was scheduled to hold by 9:00am started around 11:30am. It then got to my turn, I went in and met three persons in there, one man and two young ladies. Then the man started the interviewing questions and I was giving out an impressive answers, while one of the ladies tried asking me a question, the man now cut in and ask, ' by the way, are you married'? I answered, 'no, I'm single sir'. He then asked again, ' were you married before'? I paused for a while and was wondering if it will be proper to let it out exactly the way it is. Then I decided to come out plain and answered that I was married, and I tried adding to it that I left because of a case of domestic violence, but he didn't want to hear that at all, so, he immediately cut in and said, 'young lady there's no need going ahead with anything else again since you couldn't manage to stay back and remain married, is it the company that you can be able to manage'. At this point, even the two ladies were more than astonished at him than I was. He ended it and said, 'Just forget about the job'. I just left feeling so devastated.

I managed to hold back tears till I got home and nearly cried my eyes out, recalling all that I went through. It's really sad that some people feel they can throw words anyhow at others not minding what those words are doing to their emotions.

Now you know wat divorced women go through.
Your own is even better. When interviewers see me, they don't go ahead with d interview becos I am very ugly.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by SEGLIZ: 1:04pm On May 03, 2022
reading.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Olayetan(m): 1:04pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:
Three days ago I received an sms from a company where I dropped my C.V close to two years ago. I went through it and low and behold, it was an invitation for an interview yesterday being Saturday. I was happy really. I prepared well for it, cancelled my supplying business appointment. I do a supplying business while looking forward to a good job opportunity. So, I woke up quite early dressed up and left for the venue. I got there around 8:10am while the interview was scheduled to hold by 9:00am.

I got to the venue and met two persons who was there for the same reason. Before it was 8:50am the whole place was filled up with others who also came for the same interview.

Finally, the interview that was scheduled to hold by 9:00am started around 11:30am. It then got to my turn, I went in and met three persons in there, one man and two young ladies. Then the man started the interviewing questions and I was giving out an impressive answers, while one of the ladies tried asking me a question, the man now cut in and ask, ' by the way, are you married'? I answered, 'no, I'm single sir'. He then asked again, ' were you married before'? I paused for a while and was wondering if it will be proper to let it out exactly the way it is. Then I decided to come out plain and answered that I was married, and I tried adding to it that I left because of a case of domestic violence, but he didn't want to hear that at all, so, he immediately cut in and said, 'young lady there's no need going ahead with anything else again since you couldn't manage to stay back and remain married, is it the company that you can be able to manage'. At this point, even the two ladies were more than astonished at him than I was. He ended it and said, 'Just forget about the job'. I just left feeling so devastated.

I managed to hold back tears till I got home and nearly cried my eyes out, recalling all that I went through. It's really sad that some people feel they can throw words anyhow at others not minding what those words are doing to their emotions.

Omg
So you just walk out without giving him a response?

You could have told him that what will he advise his daughter who was married to a woman beater and turns her to weekly punching bags.
And listen to his response.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Internet22: 1:04pm On May 03, 2022
2 years later and you still honor thier invitation , may God help us all in Nigeria. cry

2 Likes

Re: Some People Kill With Words by baralatie(m): 1:05pm On May 03, 2022
Press forward
Re: Some People Kill With Words by GreatAdvice: 1:05pm On May 03, 2022
Sadly, but the interviewer is right. When there are probably 20 other candidates at the venue seeking the same job, why should they sit there and listen to stories about your failed marriage? It may seem unfair because you were in an abusive relationship but this is the cooperate world, it's cutthroat, it's a dog eat dog environment. The company isn't there to do charity or hold hands and sing kumbaya, they are there to make money above everything else.

Rather than dwell in misery and self pity, I will advise you to pick yourself up and move on to the next. You can channel your energy into creating more awareness about domestic violence by being a speaker at various conferences and universities. But sadly the job interview isn't the right place to do so. Goodluck.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by DkJay: 1:05pm On May 03, 2022
The axe forgets but the tree remembers.

You say words thinking they're just words, but you never know the effects they have on people.

Hold your head high.

It is unfortunate people without finesse find their way into places of authority, but the man's misguided opinion about you doesn't define who you are.

You and I know what your true worth; so when the pain comes, you'll do well to remind yourself about it.

You'll be fine.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 03, 2022
You are very sure that he beats his wife at home when you haven't lived a single day in his home, neither have you interacted with his wife as to be so sure that he maltreats her. I don't know you, but I think you have no problems painting people as evil - and this a common thread that binds all nasty people.
Kisico:
Thanks. @ the bolded, honestly, he is definitely one. It's even written all over him.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by baralatie(m): 1:06pm On May 03, 2022
Internet22:
2 years later and you still honor thier invitation , may God help us all in Nigeria. cry
I have a guy that was called by union bank after he applied 3 years earlier

2 Likes

Re: Some People Kill With Words by baralatie(m): 1:07pm On May 03, 2022
illumined999333:
You are very sure that he beats his wife at home when you haven't lived a single day in his home, neither have you interacted with his wife as to be so sure that he maltreats her. I don't know you, but I think you have no problems painting people as evil - and this a common thread that binds all nasty people.
Action and reaction equal.and opposite

2 Likes

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Nimrod81: 1:07pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:
Three days ago I received an sms from a company where I dropped my C.V close to two years ago. I went through it and low and behold, it was an invitation for an interview yesterday being Saturday. I was happy really. I prepared well for it, cancelled my supplying business appointment. I do a supplying business while looking forward to a good job opportunity. So, I woke up quite early dressed up and left for the venue. I got there around 8:10am while the interview was scheduled to hold by 9:00am.

I got to the venue and met two persons who was there for the same reason. Before it was 8:50am the whole place was filled up with others who also came for the same interview.

He probably knows your ex. Trust me you're better off not working there. Keep your head up. You already sound like a winner. Never back down. Keep shining...

2 Likes

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Amalekki: 1:08pm On May 03, 2022
So sad but life goes on. You actually don't want to work with someone like that.

On another note, this is a lesson to learn from for those who love accusing people without any fact to back it up or without knowing the full story.

You may be frustrated because of your situation but falsehood is falsehood. That politician, celebrity, footballer, slay mama etc that you falsely malign is also a human being with emotions.

Let our accusations and judgment always be based on verified facts. It's no fun if you become the victim.

3 Likes

Re: Some People Kill With Words by OlawaleBammie: 1:09pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:

If u re my brother i would slap u, u need a resetting slap.

Me Olawale would never leave his front without dropping a beffiting reply, Mba, i must to reply either he care to listen or not.

And btw, In this day, i pray what happened in ur previous marriage will happen to his marriage. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by WhizdomXX(m): 1:10pm On May 03, 2022
Afonjamuslim24:
CRY! Let it pain you. cheesy The truth is always painful. Just as the truth that a certain slave master from Iragbiji, can never be President pains the Afonja slaves in this NairaAfonja-land forum. Shame!
This is too harsh. She is not connect to the fact that Tinubu will be paid in full dosage for his crimes against the Nigerian state. Please modify your post.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by SavageBoy: 1:11pm On May 03, 2022
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

My career is about to die because of nairalanders statements

Have you ever heard a career before undecided
Re: Some People Kill With Words by phemmyfour: 1:12pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:

Sorry dear, next time be diplomatic in answering questions in an interview. Don't always be elaborate

2 Likes

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Amalekki: 1:12pm On May 03, 2022
Also, OP you are not under any obligation to provide accurate information on an illegal inquiry or question. Keep your private information private unless disclosure is required by law e.g. if you are before a judge or writing a statement on oath under the law.

Know your rights and be smart.

5 Likes

Re: Some People Kill With Words by DSC7: 1:13pm On May 03, 2022
Take heart dear...

Such is Life.

Better days ahead...
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Dotman2210(m): 1:13pm On May 03, 2022
It could be painful, but the truth is you dodge a bullet, that man is not fit to be an HR manager or whatever it is, he is foolish, toxic , lacks emotional intelligence and unprofessional, stay strong bro your job is on the way.

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by wallrichy: 1:18pm On May 03, 2022
God bless your pretty heart ���. Better jobs will come your way soon and wouldn't give you emotional breakdown. Shame on to the idiot of a man that thinks that Job is the end of the world for you. Anyway, you deserve a better deal and that's why a devil posing as a man came to block that way.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by cigaricon(m): 1:20pm On May 03, 2022
If it was me i would have given him a very big F*UCK YOU to the face before leaving. Starting an interview after more than 2 hours it was scheduled is already a red flag for me. That's very unethical. I would have left by 10 because clearly they don't have good time management system which would have affected me because one thing I don't joke with is MY TIME

Rubbish angry

2 Likes

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Fashionista01(f): 1:20pm On May 03, 2022
Stop crying, he is not your God and will never be your God. When one door closes another door will open for you.

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:22pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:

If only I can know that stupid company

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Omotosho1090905(m): 1:26pm On May 03, 2022
Every disappointment is a blessing

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Karleb(m): 1:30pm On May 03, 2022
Internet22:

embarassed embarassed
Re: Some People Kill With Words by chatinent: 1:31pm On May 03, 2022
I have not seen the word sb will tell me that will pain me again...so far you do not touch me. I've seen enough in my life already.

But it's not necessary letting out private details. It doesn't mean lying...you aren't just telling it.

6 Likes

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Enumerator(m): 1:35pm On May 03, 2022
Don't worry about that useless interviewer

Na hin loss..

Cuz he's priviledged to be in that position thereby seeing himself as God

You will be surprised biggerly soon babe, that job ain't yours so don't worry about it at all
Kisico:

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by kally90(f): 1:37pm On May 03, 2022
Forget the man and the job. Both ain't worth your time.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ican Past Question And Answer - Download / Kindly Advise Me On The Behaviour Of My Managing Director / Everything About Sairui Mall Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.