Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Some People Kill With Words - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Some People Kill With Words (13577 Views)

Why Some People More Creative Than Others / Words To Avoid Using During An Interview / Improve Your Business Speak With These Words & Phrases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Brushstrokes20: 1:37pm On May 03, 2022
Spot on!.... Very hurtful but one MUST try by any means necessary to develop a TOUGH SKIN against those sadistic scums! undecided undecided
# NEVER LET THEIR OPINION DEFINE YOU
Re: Some People Kill With Words by zoghys: 1:41pm On May 03, 2022
Afonjamuslim24:
CRY! Let it pain you. cheesy The truth is always painful. Just as the truth that a certain slave master from Iragbiji, can never be President pains the Afonja slaves in this NairaAfonja-land forum. Shame!

why are you so fixated with yorubas, i mean its just so absurd thinking another tribe is your problem while a crazy fendi wearing lunatic is inciting violence in far away uk while poorly educated mofos like you take it as a full time job to cause mayhem on YOUR OWN PEOPLE OOO. Geez,you are such a crazy modafucker for bringing my tribe on every topic.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by spencekat(m): 1:42pm On May 03, 2022
JerkyChan:
A lot of women are quick to cry domestic violence when the man goes physical on them.

But people hardly ever consider how emotional abuse (insults, curses and humiliation) on the part of the woman equates to domestic violence too.

A woman's abusive words = a man's violent fist.
Exactly
Re: Some People Kill With Words by inforesource: 1:46pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:
Three days ago I received an sms from a company where I dropped my C.V close to two years ago. I went through it and low and behold, it was an invitation for an interview yesterday being Saturday. I was happy really. I prepared well for it, cancelled my supplying business appointment. I do a supplying business while looking forward to a good job opportunity. So, I woke up quite early dressed up and left for the venue. I got there around 8:10am while the interview was scheduled to hold by 9:00am.

I got to the venue and met two persons who was there for the same reason. Before it was 8:50am the whole place was filled up with others who also came for the same interview.

Finally, the interview that was scheduled to hold by 9:00am started around 11:30am. It then got to my turn, I went in and met three persons in there, one man and two young ladies. Then the man started the interviewing questions and I was giving out an impressive answers, while one of the ladies tried asking me a question, the man now cut in and ask, ' by the way, are you married'? I answered, 'no, I'm single sir'. He then asked again, ' were you married before'? I paused for a while and was wondering if it will be proper to let it out exactly the way it is. Then I decided to come out plain and answered that I was married, and I tried adding to it that I left because of a case of domestic violence, but he didn't want to hear that at all, so, he immediately cut in and said, 'young lady there's no need going ahead with anything else again since you couldn't manage to stay back and remain married, is it the company that you can be able to manage'. At this point, even the two ladies were more than astonished at him than I was. He ended it and said, 'Just forget about the job'. I just left feeling so devastated.

I managed to hold back tears till I got home and nearly cried my eyes out, recalling all that I went through. It's really sad that some people feel they can throw words anyhow at others not minding what those words are doing to their emotions.

Sorry dear, it is well. But I am more concern about the intention of that question. Why was it part of the question he asked? Could it be a twist or message for our law makers. I see a future trend in this question vis-a-vis the current happenings.

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by SEGLIZ: 1:46pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:
Three days ago I received an sms from a company where I dropped my C.V close to two years ago. I went through it and low and behold, it was an invitation for an interview yesterday being Saturday. I was happy really. I prepared well for it, cancelled my supplying business appointment. I do a supplying business while looking forward to a good job opportunity. So, I woke up quite early dressed up and left for the venue. I got there around 8:10am while the interview was scheduled to hold by 9:00am.

I got to the venue and met two persons who was there for the same reason. Before it was 8:50am the whole place was filled up with others who also came for the same interview.

Finally, the interview that was scheduled to hold by 9:00am started around 11:30am. It then got to my turn, I went in and met three persons in there, one man and two young ladies. Then the man started the interviewing questions and I was giving out an impressive answers, while one of the ladies tried asking me a question, the man now cut in and ask, ' by the way, are you married'? I answered, 'no, I'm single sir'. He then asked again, ' were you married before'? I paused for a while and was wondering if it will be proper to let it out exactly the way it is. Then I decided to come out plain and answered that I was married, and I tried adding to it that I left because of a case of domestic violence, but he didn't want to hear that at all, so, he immediately cut in and said, 'young lady there's no need going ahead with anything else again since you couldn't manage to stay back and remain married, is it the company that you can be able to manage'. At this point, even the two ladies were more than astonished at him than I was. He ended it and said, 'Just forget about the job'. I just left feeling so devastated.

I managed to hold back tears till I got home and nearly cried my eyes out, recalling all that I went through. It's really sad that some people feel they can throw words anyhow at others not minding what those words are doing to their emotions.

Kisico I won't pray a better job for you but I will pray you discover yourself, who exactly you are and your purpose.

you mentioned, you running a delivery service yet you are in search of a job. hell no, it ain't work out that way.

a boss fighting tooth and nail to have a boss will sure get same result you got. that small thing you are doing is enough to make the world know you.

hear this, I met an interview half way on Ogun State Television, the young lady being interviewed was telling the story of how she began her courier company.

a registered courier company at that domicile in Abeokuta. she started out while at the university of agriculture Abeokuta, all was out of necessity nothing more.

you are currently running a future courier service that is waiting to explode into something big (a courier company).

read up how the story of likes of ups, fedex, ems, dhl etc. some within there local community way back but today the world can't do without them.

stop searching for value, create the value for people come for. from that point you rule the finance of everyone that need the value you've got to offer.

don't settle for consolation, go ahead and rule your world. you have it all don't let it slip off, turn your delivery business to something bigger.

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Victerica(m): 1:48pm On May 03, 2022
OP, u have to sue that man or

u find-trace way, treat him fuckup!

Next time, when someone insult you, insult am back!

It is now an eye for an eye!

Nonsense humans!
Re: Some People Kill With Words by phidipe(m): 1:48pm On May 03, 2022
Avoid this Scammer he has nothing to offer
tentacionx:
True that
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Kingcalls: 1:50pm On May 03, 2022
Every woman now na domestic violence victim... they never take responsibility or accountability for break ups ... the man did the right thing to send u out

2 Likes

Re: Some People Kill With Words by sogodihno: 2:02pm On May 03, 2022
Afonjamuslim24:
CRY! Let it pain you. cheesy The truth is always painful. Just as the truth that a certain slave master from Iragbiji, can never be President pains the Afonja slaves in this NairaAfonja-land forum. Shame!

And you are still on that Afonja forum, crying helplessly.

Seun is too lenient on you guys, you are supposed to be ban alongside your IP address, so you can't use that your phone to create another account to log in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Edyice: 2:02pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:

Don't mind the interviewer , he wants you to get killed for marriage sake .. his just a fool .. big fool for that matter

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by ChoCho54(f): 2:03pm On May 03, 2022
ILoveDemMANNA:
Na true
stop this nonsense.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Afonjamuslim24(f): 2:05pm On May 03, 2022
sogodihno:

And you are still on that Afonja forum, crying helplessly.

Seun is too lenient on you guys, you are supposed to be ban alongside your IP address, so you can't use that your phone to create another account to log in
Guess what!!! I have more than 1K Ip addresses.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Zealag(m): 2:06pm On May 03, 2022
Don't worry it seems like a blessing in disguise.something bigger than that is coming your way,juz continue trying
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Connected1: 2:07pm On May 03, 2022
Abeg Get Out.

They didn't asked you why you got divorced, you were just giving out reasons they didn't asked for, the man was irritated I guess and he saw the nagging and oversabi attitude in you before hand and also compared it with his wife's own or someone he knows.

Next Time learn to answer only what you are asked, you think it's everyone that buys that nonsense victim's mentality you women always display in public, if it's not rape, it's domestic violence.

It's a good thing you know that words can kill, that's how many women kill their husband's love for them with their words.

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 03, 2022
Kingcalls:
Every woman now na domestic violence victim... they never take responsibility or accountability for break ups ... the man did the right thing to send u out
How exactly? it is supposed to be a business organisation and not a personality checkup centre...that's y we keep going backward in nigeria,both men and women have their bad sides 2 nobody is perfect including me and you. Op what's yours cannot be taken from u okay smile and be strong cos the road 2 success is very narrow.
We are all here to learn.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Ladygracy: 2:28pm On May 03, 2022
Drop the name of the organisation
Re: Some People Kill With Words by viyon02: 2:42pm On May 03, 2022
I wonder if there is any job interview on Sunday. Just thinking though.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Dybala11(m): 2:45pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:

Wow, this is so so messed up. Better opportunities will come your way ma'am, don't give just yet. It's sickening to make such an assumption about somebody you barely know sha. So he expects you to stay in an abusive marriage?? He might probably see nothing wrong with assaulting/abusing his partner too. God help us o.

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Warrior247: 2:45pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:

Don't let that one bother you. No be everybody sabi talk and no be everybody mature

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Dybala11(m): 2:48pm On May 03, 2022
Dukeolumidemans:
Truth is I pity alot of people out there who are not married. With the kind of negative feedback about marriages, domestic violence, immortality going on, western media influence on our women and the use of celebrities to derail alot of good men and women out there, it will be too difficult for young people to get married not to talk of young women agreeing to be submissive to their husbands.. any small thing divorce, baby mama or being a single mother. It does not look good in anyway or doesn't make u any better. They will advice u that ur good alone but deep inside u, there is a void which will reflect on ur children later in life. Next thing they will be looking for where to buy the fattest dillldo to sit on or become a another man's side chick.
My advice: Marry ur friend, love him/her, fear God and study ur holy book. It will direct u in all u do. Lastly avoid following people who don't fear God. They will wreck ur marriage. Lastly, please ur husband and he will love u and also keep ur relationship/issues off social media, relatives and friends. Be careful for nothing.

I come in peace
Despite how lengthy your reply was, you failed to address the cause she gave for her divorce (abuse, physical or emotional). Are you advising that she should have stayed in an abusive marriage?? grin
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Dybala11(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2022
JerkyChan:
A lot of women are quick to cry domestic violence when the man goes physical on them.

But people hardly ever consider how emotional abuse (insults, curses and humiliation) on the part of the woman equates to domestic violence too.

A woman's abusive words = a man's violent fist.
Of course, emotional abuse is as bad or worse than physical abuse. Nevertheless, it is not an excuse to physically assault your partner. I won't stay with a partner that is abusive in any way, be it physically or emotionally. Same way I don't expect my partner to stay with me if I get abusive in any way.

1 Like

Re: Some People Kill With Words by Tobechuckwu(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2022
Kisico:

The truth is next time before u work out on them, tell the man the truth nd pour everything out on him, with that u will definitely feel better than getting ur soaked up in it.
Learn to speak up since the Job is definitely not urz anymore, it's better for ur mental health.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by adekS1(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2022
This is just one of the ways some women kill heir husbands bfr they die but most ppl dnt see the bruises cos its not physical
Re: Some People Kill With Words by adekS1(m): 3:09pm On May 03, 2022
Sorry about that dear sis,ur own job is on the way.
But to be frank about this,l must say he may be right but said it in a very cruel manner.
I grew up to know in life,evn in bible one of the yardstick for entrusting something/task to your hands is how well u are able to handle your home n secure,some ppl still hold it greatly,so do l.
Its not just about u,there are some men that they lost some jobs or posts just cos they couldnt make their home work.its not just abt who is at fault that make the home nt wrk.some ppl believe wat u claim make u divorce,some were able to wrk around it n still make their home wrk evn wt domestic violence.

Recently ppl are beginning to celebrate divorce n he may erroneously feel u r one of them.

WELL ON THIS I WILL ADVICE ANYONE TO EITHER SAY AM SINGLE OR MARRIED AS THE CASE MAY BE IN INTERVIEWS.. its a great lesson n an eye opener.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by abbey621(m): 3:31pm On May 03, 2022
GreatAdvice:
Sadly, but the interviewer is right. When there are probably 20 other candidates at the venue seeking the same job, why should they sit there and listen to stories about your failed marriage? It may seem unfair because you were in an abusive relationship but this is the cooperate world, it's cutthroat, it's a dog eat dog environment. The company isn't there to do charity or hold hands and sing kumbaya, they are there to make money above everything else.

Rather than dwell in misery and self pity, I will advise you to pick yourself up and move on to the next. You can channel your energy into creating more awareness about domestic violence by being a speaker at various conferences and universities. But sadly the job interview isn't the right place to do so. Goodluck.

What does your marital success or failure have to do with working in a corporate setting? Must we be unfortunate in this country? Would a man be asked the same question and judged based on being divorced? You said it yourself the company is there to make money, this happens by hiring the best talent, what the hell does marital status have to do with that? UNA CONTINUE TO AMAZE ME WITH ASTRONOMICAL BULLSHIT!
Re: Some People Kill With Words by yiagi: 3:42pm On May 03, 2022
He was such a d.ckhead for meting out such inhumane treatment on you.
How low can people go?

Get quality brand logos and flyers for as low as 5k.
All original and done from the scratch.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Benprass(m): 3:47pm On May 03, 2022
Afonjamuslim24:

May you have a broken home!!!

What's politics doing inside wrong words use on someone that was just looking for a better life!!

May your home and marriage not last.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by westvic(m): 3:47pm On May 03, 2022
I feel for you bro.. Better days ahead.
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Desammyst(m): 3:48pm On May 03, 2022
It is really a sad experience. Please, know it that the problem is not with you, but it is with the man. Some people are not just good with words, and sadly, it is their nature.
But then, come to think of it, God just saved from a lifetime of emotional abuse and blackmail if you had been employed there.
My advice: Keep praying to God. The same God who opened this door after two(2)years of submission will surely open another and a better one for you.
Cheer up, ma cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Some People Kill With Words by Kekenary: 4:06pm On May 03, 2022
Let this be your motivation to rise to the top. Don't think of an employee position. Think of employing others. You will win.
Kisico:

Re: Some People Kill With Words by bepositive11: 4:18pm On May 03, 2022
Your divorce showed you that you have problems with yourself that you need to sort out. And so does your former partner.

Don't see that as a bad thing. See it as a good thing - a good opportunity to reflect on yourself and work to become the best possible version of yourself.

Once you do this, no one's words will ever hurt you like the way that man's word hurt you, because then, you will know who you are and you wouldn't need other people to validate your worth.

Kisico:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead / Ican Past Question And Answer - Download / Kindly Advise Me On The Behaviour Of My Managing Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.