Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach (25636 Views)

Unpaid Kogi Workers Protest Against Yahaya Bello (Photos) / Workers Celebrate Early Christmas As Gov. Ayade Pays December Salary / Yahaya Bello To Kogi Workers: Keep Shouting Or Go Meet Donald Trump I Don't Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by ogododo: 9:29am On May 02, 2022
Some workers in Kogi State have expressed their disappointment to the Kogi State Government as they celebrate this year’s Eid-El-Fitri without salary.

The workers, who had hoped to receive their salaries, had their expectations dashed, as there was no sign that their salary would be paid.

Speaking to DAILY POST on Monday, some workers described the development as wicked and heartless on the part of the present administration for allowing them to celebrate Sallah with empty stomach.

“After one month of Ramadan fast, look at us now, we are celebrating Sallah without a penny in our pocket. I can’t buy a single cup of garri for my family to feed this festive season.

“We all thought the Governor will do the needful, most especially now that he is eyeing the number one sit in Nigeria. But look at Kogi workers now, nothing to write home about. We are now beggars. What a shameful time for us all to experience this hardship under the present administration,” a civil servant Abduallhi lamented.

Another civil servant, who never wanted his name to be mentioned said, “This is the worst Sallah I will be experiencing in my life. No food, nothing. The cost of food stuff in the market is very high and if you go out there to buy some food stuff, you will come back home with little.

“If the Governor had paid us our salary, the suffering would have reduced. I heard the Government will pay after Sallah. To me, it is medicine after death.”

A widow with seven children, who has been working with the Kogi State Civil Service also said, “Why is it that they enjoy inflicting pains on the poor masses? I am a wiidow with seven children. I don’t know what to do.

“My salary is in percentage. I am no longer complaining because that is where we have found ourselves. They should pay me my percentage salary. I heard our Governor bought APC nomination form for N100m. That money will go a long way in feeding many Kogi workers during this Sallah. But look at us, we are suffering and smiling with empty stomach”.

All efforts to get across to any of the relevant State Government officials, on phone, for comment proved abortive as of the time of filing this report.

DAILY POST recalls that Governor Yahaya Bello, in his Workers’ Day speech on May 1st, 2022, kept mum on when April Salary will be paid to workers in Kogi State.

Rather, the Governor said “We are doing our best to overcome the percentage salary payments which currently persist at Local Government levels and which is traceable to the challenges associated with the collision between low government inflow and a heavy wage-bill”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/05/02/agony-pains-as-kogi-workers-celebrate-sallah-with-empty-stomach

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Typicool8(m): 9:32am On May 02, 2022
Damn I feel sad hearing things like this.
Honestly Nigerian leaders are heartless

183 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Truthisunique2: 9:36am On May 02, 2022
O
Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by ogododo: 9:39am On May 02, 2022
Typicool8:

Na Nigeria electorates na dem mumu pass, with empty stomach dem go still vote dem.

248 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by WATCHOVER(m): 9:56am On May 02, 2022
The same Youth governor that failed, president day youth don't have what it takes to make a president

12 Likes

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by naija4life247: 9:59am On May 02, 2022
Same idiotic nincompoop Yeye Bello used Kogi's 100 Million to buy APC Presidential form.

247 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by naija4life247: 10:00am On May 02, 2022
Typicool8:

Cultists are heartless

173 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by AgeneAngel86: 10:07am On May 02, 2022
Bello has always been a heartless man and God will definitely pay him according to His deeds.

107 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by slivertongue: 10:12am On May 02, 2022
Dividend izf voting an incompetent governor

8 Likes

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Typicool8(m): 10:38am On May 02, 2022
ogododo:

Na Nigeria electorates na dem mumu pass, with empty stomach dem go still vote dem.
I tell you

8 Likes

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by effort1: 10:39am On May 02, 2022
Is this not the same Yahaya Bello some people want to be president?

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by ogododo: 11:21am On May 02, 2022
Typicool8:

I tell you
Tinubu don de distribute rice up and down

10 Likes

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Typicool8(m): 11:24am On May 02, 2022
ogododo:

Tinubu don de distribute rice up and down
Them dey use d same format over and over again buh I tell you boss, if Nigerians no wise before next year then dem no fit wise again till thy kingdom come

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by ogododo: 11:33am On May 02, 2022
Typicool8:

Them dey use d same format over and over again buh I tell you boss, if Nigerians no wise before next year then dem no fit wise again till thy kingdom come
Many of deir urchins full social media. People with supposed better knowledge de defend failures.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Typicool8(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2022
ogododo:

Many of deir urchins full social media. People with supposed better knowledge de defend failures.
No mind the rifraffs

19 Likes

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by ogododo: 1:25pm On May 02, 2022
Lalasticlala see our people.
Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by christejames(m): 1:29pm On May 02, 2022
Don't worry, when he becomes President he will double your salaries... Or at least, increase it like Obaseki.

Oops! President of Ebira Youths Union grin

Yeye Bello is just a political misfit, a square peg in a round hole. A young man given mantle of leadership on a platter but he fumbled it in a jiffy... angry

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by seborrhic: 2:14pm On May 02, 2022
That clown that is competing for the worst governor in Nigeria with the likes of Ikpeazu wants to be Nigeria's president.
This is how low Buhari has lowered the bar for the presidency in Nigeria.
Now a clown,fraudster and utterly incompetent buffoon that in ideal climes should not even aspire to be local government chairmam is vying to be president of Nigeria.
That he even has supporters,even if paid is the tragedy of our times.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Godjone(m): 2:43pm On May 02, 2022
Then you see one animal called uwazirike licking yayas scrotum day and night

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Ban86: 8:56pm On May 02, 2022
I can't laugh abeg

2 Likes

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Gatchoo(m): 8:57pm On May 02, 2022
And that fool is contesting

8 Likes

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Perfecttouchade: 8:58pm On May 02, 2022
Hmmm las las

1 Like

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Elbeamer: 8:58pm On May 02, 2022
Nah only God will judge all of them

This reminds me of Enugu state governor who pays December salary a week after first of January, I pity Nigerians if they vote rubbish into Nigeria their suffering will be raise to power hundred.

10 Likes

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Bar1941(m): 8:58pm On May 02, 2022
Yet the foolish governor wasted #100million to get APC presidential nomination form, Yeye Bello.

13 Likes

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Jamesmadisson(m): 8:58pm On May 02, 2022
Interesting
Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Uniquetani1(f): 8:58pm On May 02, 2022
Na 2023 election dey their mind

5 Likes

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Akinsete19(m): 8:59pm On May 02, 2022
On Yahaya Bello manhood we stand grin

1 Like

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Midaah: 8:59pm On May 02, 2022
Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by medropoly(m): 8:59pm On May 02, 2022
Yahaya bello for president 2023 cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Agony, Pains, As Kogi Workers Celebrate Sallah With Empty Stomach by Okobola146: 8:59pm On May 02, 2022
State of mumu bello that wants to rule Nigeria in 2023

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okonjo Iweala Article Hacked, Threat Message Left (pix) / Lagos State LG Election (Live Updates) / 2019: Kwankwaso Visits Goodluck Jonathan In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.