Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa - Programming (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (126835 Views)

ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! / My Software Engineering Journey - Alx (journal) / Alx africa vs Udemy ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by bestbynature(m): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2022
jubilantagida:
Hello everyone, hello Anonymous6o6!

I applied for the ALX program yesterday and got accepted this morning.

I'm among those who'd be starting January next year. I'd like to know how many more of us would be starting then so we can connect.

And Tracey, I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with the materials I'd be needing from the onset.

I applied two days ago and i was accepted. Onboarding starts in January. so i believe we'll be in the same batch. I was already on my journey to become a frontend dev when i saw this opportunity. You can imagine my shock to see that the curriculum is wider than just React, Html, CSS or even JavaScript.... But i know I must strive to be able to thrive.... so, here am I!
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Paulopackager(m): 9:49am On Dec 12, 2022
bestbynature:

I applied two days ago and i was accepted. Onboarding starts in January. so i believe we'll be in the same batch. I was already on my journey to become a frontend dev when i saw this opportunity. You can imagine my shock to see that the curriculum is wider than just React, Html, CSS or even JavaScript.... But i know I must strive to be able to thrive.... so, here am I!

Hello my man, looks like we have the same background in this career, I would love to connect with you so that we can work together, I also just applied and got accepted.

Can you send your number or text me on Whatsapp please 08169826503

I would also love to connect with every other person who has just registered or already a participant in this program. Thank you
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Paulopackager(m): 10:01am On Dec 12, 2022
ThankGod001:
Omoh join my telegram group. That's the fastest way to reach me cause I am damn busy undecided

This link Is no more accessible, please I want to be there. How do I get in? Thanks
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by bestbynature(m): 10:27am On Dec 12, 2022
Paulopackager:

Hello my man, looks like we have the same background in this career, I would love to connect with you so that we can work together, I also just applied and got accepted.

I would also love to connect with every other person who has just registered or already a participant in this program. Thank you

Ok Boss!

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2022
bestbynature:

Getting excited is good but if you don't prepare ahead, you won't be able to last long before you think of giving up.

I want to believe you have gone through the thread? So you know what and what to study ahead.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by bestbynature(m): 4:28am On Dec 13, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Getting excited is good but if you don't prepare ahead, you won't be able to last long before you think of giving up.

I want to believe you have gone through the thread? So you know what and what to study ahead.

@Anonymous6o6
Thank you so much. I have gone through and have already started working on the list.... The only part I am not sure of is this: My system is running on windows. Do I need another operating system like Linux before I finish the program Or Windows alone is enough? Please help me shed light on this.

Thanks Boss
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Steprockers: 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2022
Hey, guys anyone in january cohort email me:
Mboyasteps@ gmail.com so we can get in touch�
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Steprockers: 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2022
Paulopackager:

Heres my email

mboyasteps@gmail.com
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by femi9naija(m): 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2022
Melbrom:
Anybody admitted for January batch?
Me, but I’m considering facing Microverse instead.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Brandily: 9:20am On Dec 14, 2022
hello house ,pls is alx offering digital marketing
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Edipet(m): 11:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
bestbynature:

I made This same complaint too about their curriculum, I was about to enter javascript wen I started the program by November, I must tell. The program is good for long term journey but not really good for me that wanted to achieve frontend in 6month. They want to teach you many things in just a year
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by bestbynature(m): 6:20am On Dec 16, 2022
Edipet:
I made This same complaint too about their curriculum, I was about to enter javascript wen I started the program by November, I must tell. The program is good for long term journey but not really good for me that wanted to achieve frontend in 6month. They want to teach you many things in just a year

@ Edipet
How are you doing?

In your own opinion, do you think Microverse's curriculum is not as hefty as that of ALX. Please explain why you would prefer microverse to ALX. Thank you
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by jubilantagida: 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
bestbynature:

Good, good.

I'm all up for the challenge.

What excites me is the fact that completing the program would certify one a software engineer, not just another front-end web developer.

So, I'd be looking forward to connect with you, you can shoot me a mail.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by bestbynature(m): 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
femi9naija:

Me, but I’m considering facing Microverse instead.

@femi9naija

I quoted a different person before. Please shed light on why you would prefer Microverse to ALX...
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 9:00am On Dec 20, 2022
bestbynature:

@Anonymous6o6
Thank you so much. I have gone through and have already started working on the list.... The only part I am not sure of is this: My system is running on windows. Do I need another operating system like Linux before I finish the program Or Windows alone is enough? Please help me shed light on this.

Thanks Boss

No you don't.
You can even make use of Vs code terminal
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 9:03am On Dec 20, 2022
Brandily:
hello house ,pls is alx offering digital marketing

Not yet but Coursera in partnership with NITDA is offering it.
Let me get the link

https ://www .npowerdg. com/2022/12/links-to-apply-for-nitda-coursera .html?m=1

Close the gap
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 9:07am On Dec 20, 2022
bestbynature:

@femi9naija

I quoted a different person before. Please shed light on why you would prefer Microverse to ALX...

With alx, you can learn a lot in a short amount of time but it is very draining and sometimes you might not be able to fully learn because you're too focus on the task.

After graduation you get added to the ROOM for opportunities. But your skills will determine if you do get a job. I wouldn't advice a beginner to go for alx unless he or she isn't not working and fully dedicated.

Microverse deals more on full-stack and pair Programming

Meaning you will be building projects with your peers for seven months. That's a very effective way of learning. Plus you do not pay for the program unless you get a job paying you at least $1k per month.

It increases your chance of remote jobs but get the job is highly dependent on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Paulopackager(m): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2022
Hello guys, if you are in Cohort 12 of the Alxafrica Software Engineering program, i.e your lesson is to commence in January and you want to peer with a few other persons, kindly check out and join the Whatsapp group in the image below. These are a few things that would ensure your success in this program.

You can download the image then googlelens the link on it and join.

Below also is the link, but it's being revoked by Nairaland.

https:///Jejk4wbAqp59raZpdwdFWJ

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Paulopackager(m): 9:16am On Dec 21, 2022
Paulopackager:
Hello guys, if you are in Cohort 12 of the Alxafrica Software Engineering program, i.e your lesson is to commence in January and you want to peer with a few other persons, kindly check out and join the Whatsapp group in the image below. These are a few things that would ensure your success in this program.

You can download the image then google lens the link on it and join.

Below also is a broken link I created that might be easy, all you need to do is copy the link, clear the space before .com, and viola, it works

https://chat.whatsapp .com/Jejk4wbAqp59raZpdwdFWJ
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 9:42am On Dec 23, 2022
[quote author=Paulopackager post=119316213][/quote]

I hope you won't spam this group because of a group you created. After all, you could have created a thread for that.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 9:46am On Dec 23, 2022
Compliment of the season to everyone. We're currently on Christmas break. Really feels nice but honestly, alx is too fast pace.

Can you believe we did JavaScript for three days. We had to cover a lot of concepts with projects included.

And my exams are starting on 28 which is next week. Well what a year... I can only be enthusiastic about next year but not getting my hopes high.

Do have a lovely Christmas and happy New year.

3 Likes

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 6:16am On Dec 24, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
Compliment of the season to everyone. We're currently on Christmas break. Really feels nice but honestly, alx is too fast pace.

Can you believe we did JavaScript for three days. We had to cover a lot of concepts with projects included.

And my exams are starting on 28 which is next week. Well what a year... I can only be enthusiastic about next year but not getting my hopes high.

Do have a lovely Christmas and happy New year.
Please Tracy create a WhatsApp group for we in January cohort pls abeg.
We need to get the necessary materials pls i beg you.
God bless
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2022
ChngedChnges:

Please Tracy create a WhatsApp group for we in January cohort pls abeg.
We need to get the necessary materials pls i beg you.
God bless

Create it and add me

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Create it and add me
Hi Tracy, this is the link
https://chat.whatsapp.
com/FG2ME5Y6zfcKtED3hP3ibE

Pls copy and join the link together

Those in January 2023 cohort lets all join the group as to be directed by Tracy
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2022
ChngedChnges:

Hi Tracy, this is the link
https://chat.whatsapp.
com/FG2ME5Y6zfcKtED3hP3ibE

Pls copy and join the link together

Those in January 2023 cohort lets all join the group as to be directed by Tracy

The link is not working
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 5:48am On Dec 25, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

The link is not working
https://chat.whatsapp
.com/KvMptJVzbk4FAZhe
Pls try this
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Herbertstan: 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2022
ChngedChnges:

https://chat.whatsapp
.com/KvMptJVzbk4FAZheES7ceg

Pls try this

Can you provide your email address so I can forward my whatsapp contact to you and you can then add me manually?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 10:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
Herbertstan:

Can you provide your email address so I can forward my whatsapp contact to you and you can then add me manually?

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Herbertstan: 4:02am On Dec 26, 2022
ChngedChnges:

Nelliwertz@gmail.com

Thanks. I just messaged you.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 4:05am On Dec 26, 2022
Herbertstan:

Thanks. I just messaged you.
Done
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 4:14am On Dec 26, 2022
For those sending in their phone numbers, kindly ensure your WhatsApp group security settings would allow you to be added to the group
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Harnytee27(m): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

The link is not working

Can I still apply for alx?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (41) (Reply)

Freely Download Music, Videos, And Games All In One Place / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.