Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa - Programming (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (127126 Views)

ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! / My Software Engineering Journey - Alx (journal) / Alx africa vs Udemy ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Harnytee27(m): 10:35am On Dec 26, 2022
ChngedChnges:

Hi Tracy, this is the link
https://chat.whatsapp.
com/FG2ME5Y6zfcKtED3hP3ibE

Pls copy and join the link together

Those in January 2023 cohort lets all join the group as to be directed by Tracy

anibabatobi30@gmail.com,send the link please
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2022
Harnytee27:

anibabatobi30@gmail.com,send the link please
Sent
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

The link is not working
Hi Tracy we are still waiting for you to join the group, thank you
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by DrBrainstorm(m): 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
ChngedChnges:

https://chat.whatsapp
.com/KvMptJVzbk4FAZheES7ceg

Pls try this
Link is dead.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
DrBrainstorm:

Link is dead.
Send your phone nunber to my email
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by irumanle(m): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2022
Someone should kindly add me to the alx January 2023 cohorts whatsapp group please.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by KingDavidJnrr: 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
Well, for people with previous tech knowledge, they will find it quite easier.

I eased the probation stage with an aggregate score of 145%.

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Emmacy001: 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2022
KingDavidJnrr:

What's the total percentage
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Dextiny248: 4:09am On Dec 27, 2022
destinyokoduwa70@gmail.com, please the group link
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:06am On Dec 27, 2022
Harnytee27:

Can I still apply for alx?

Of course you can.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:06am On Dec 27, 2022
Emmacy001:

What's the total percentage

You need at least 80% score to get through probation.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2022
ChngedChnges:

Hi Tracy we are still waiting for you to join the group, thank you

The link has been reset
Please send the link to my email
okorietracy8@gmail.com
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 11:08am On Dec 27, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

The link has been reset
Please send the link to my email
okorietracy8@gmail.com
Sent
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by explode31: 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2022
KingDavidJnrr:

Please, can we connect? I just got accepted and awaiting onboarding. Will really like to have someone I can ask for clarity. I only have basic knowledge in html and css.
Kindly drop your email or number, thank you.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by explode31: 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2022
ChngedChnges:

Send your phone nunber to my email address.
Nelliwertz@gmail.com
Please check your inbox, I've sent you my number.
Here is it still 0.8.0.5.0.2.1.5.6.9.7
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by explode31: 12:40pm On Dec 27, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
My Journey

Before now, I have been learning frontend development using W3school and LinkedIn Learning. I even got help from a friend who linked me to a backend developer for job opportunities. But due to the fact that I was still learning and haven't built any projects, I was given a link to finish up some basics projects and get back to him.

Since then, I have been focused on learning. I intend to learn JavaScript and react before building the projects.

Now, to the matter at hand, I recently discovered ALX software engineering program through their ads, made some research and it turned out to be legit. I quickly signed up, mostly because of their curriculum (I will drop pictures on that soon), which was pretty cool since I have seen what Udacity, Coursera and other online courses have to offer on software engineering.

Another reason I signed up was because it was free! Well they said this year's program was waived by Mastercard and I will be getting a certificate after completion, love it! Though I also heard one has to pay after graduating and getting a job.

Let me break down the program duration, the software engineering program is for 12months, 70hrs a week, 10hrs a day... Maybe it won't be up to that but this is base on my research. On the first month, one is required to get 80% percent score or get eliminated! Lol not killed tho, like removed. After graduation, you get added to the "Room" for job opportunities and build your connection, cool right?

After registering for the program, I was notified the onboarding would start on 2nd of may. On 30th of April, I was sent an email to read through the curriculum, activities, required committed and projects. I will be sending screenshots of the importance ones. I realized that I will be involved in group projects, solo projects, networking and more.
I was looking for a review once my application got accepted when I stumbled on this thread.
Thank you Tracy, I couldn't have asked for anything better than this. Now I have more than enough idea about what the program entails.
I've been able to download the c pdf files and will start reading on it as you suggested. I have about two weeks to get myself ready before the onboarding process. Thank you for this thread once again.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2022
explode31:

Please check your inbox, I've sent you my number.
Here is it still 0.8.0.5.0.2.1.5.6.9.7
Done

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2022
explode31:

I was looking for a review once my application got accepted when I stumbled on this thread.
Thank you Tracy, I couldn't have asked for anything better than this. Now I have more than enough idea about what the program entails.
I've been able to download the c pdf files and will start reading on it as you suggested. I have about two weeks to get myself ready before the onboarding process. Thank you for this thread once again.

I'm glad to be of help.

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Emmacy001: 9:56am On Dec 29, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

You need at least 80% score to get through probation.

How is the programme going now. Any update
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Tanjiba: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hello, I will like to be added to the ALX whatsapp group too as I am waiting for onboard in January. my phone no:07054273323
ChngedChnges:

Sent

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
Tanjiba:
Hello, I will like to be added to the ALX whatsapp group too as I am waiting for onboard in January. my phone no:07054273323
Done
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChilamNk(m): 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2022
January cohort..

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Horerku(m): 3:54am On Dec 30, 2022
Read through every page and i can only say i am more motivated now! Having doubting mind if i can cope with alx cos I don't have laptop and i don't even understand anything tech at all. I am a very pure green horn. Please i am with January batch, any assistance in joining the group and getting the c pdf files will be appreciated. Oga anonymous God will bless you in tons.

Also please before i start at all! I have terrible maths skills, Hope i won't have problems with this program?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Crude6(m): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2022
How long did it take for you guys to be accepted after application because I haven't received any email since I did it on Tuesday
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by okeofabiriba: 11:55am On Dec 30, 2022
explode31:

Please, can we connect? I just got accepted and awaiting onboarding. Will really like to have someone I can ask for clarity. I only have basic knowledge in html and css.
Kindly drop your email or number, thank you.
Please I was asked to post a video on my socials as first assignment stating that I have been accepted for the program, is it compulsory? And must it be a video?
DrBrainstorm:

Link is dead.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by DrBrainstorm(m): 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
okeofabiriba:
Please I was asked to post a video on my socials as first assignment stating that I have been accepted for the program, is it compulsory? And must it be a video?
No, not really, I think it is just to promote ALX. I

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Lampert505(m): 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
Can I still apply for Alx programme?
And how do I?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Horerku(m): 6:58am On Dec 31, 2022
Lampert505:
And how do I?

Yeah sure, visit search alx on Google follow the link that has alx africa and fill the forms
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Horerku(m): 7:00am On Dec 31, 2022
I am still waiting for someone to add me to the WhatsApp group for January batch o, i also need the C pdf, kindly help a brother please.
My mail is tobiropo@gmail.com
Number is 09098939789
@ChngedChnges
@Anomymous6o6
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2022
Lampert505:
And how do I?

Yes you can.
Search on google for ALX software engineering
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
Horerku:
I am still waiting for someone to add me to the WhatsApp group for January batch o, i also need the C pdf, kindly help a brother please.
My mail is tobiropo@gmail.com
Number is 09098939789
@ChngedChnges
@Anomymous6o6

The link: https: //chat. whatsapp .com/EIC5zJNjFKB3VpnKOqAcC5

Close in the spaces to access the link

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (41) (Reply)

Freely Download Music, Videos, And Games All In One Place / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.