Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse (55057 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) / Owerri Collapsed Building: Before And After Photos / Lagos School Building: Before Collapse And After The Collapse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by money121(m): 6:55pm On May 02, 2022
Chaii
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 02, 2022
Could the collapsed be as a result of poor foundation?It could have collapse during construction.
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by Lexusgs430: 6:58pm On May 02, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

It's not a new house, it's bee there of over 10years

My grandfather's house in palmgrove, built in the 70's, still standing ........

That house was only planned as a one up, one down, but subsequently raised, beyond it's foundational capabilities........

Only so much a spine can carry, over the years..... It got weak .........

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by moneyissweet(m): 6:59pm On May 02, 2022
Isi gbawa gi there.

Nigerialabalaba:
I don sabi say na those useless developers handiwork. such houses still full ebute meta and dem go collapse before d house reverts back to d family wey own the land. LASG must check all of dem again. Dem full eb west and east but more dey for east.
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 02, 2022
ljoh:
The house is already weak
More reason we should start using WOODS to build. It manages the casualty output
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by Commanderinpips: 7:00pm On May 02, 2022
Joezinho:
RIP to the dead and speedy recovery to the injured. God help Nigeria. I pray that one day we shall get sense in this country! Building collapses are just way too commonplace.. Is it that people like to cut corners by using inferior materials? Or that the state has no building control department who should be supervising every stage of new erections? Because I just don't understand it.

If a building is built correctly following strict plans laid out by architects and structural engineers it should stand for ever without incident. Look at houses in the western world that were built in the 1930's and further back. They are still standing today..

My brother i tire o. I saw buidings built in 18th century in Paris and it looks as if it was built 5 years ago. Nigerians are terrible set of people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by bobokunlexzy: 7:02pm On May 02, 2022
Kriss216:

Wetin bring East for this matter now?

Read again Brah.

He wrote Eb East and West meaning Ebute meta East and Ebute meta West.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by Brownshoe: 7:02pm On May 02, 2022
It seems the weight of large people living in this houses collapsing are much than the house weight.

My opinion though because hardly will you see house collapse in low populated cities.
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by rayvelez(m): 7:03pm On May 02, 2022
seankim:
I no be engineer ooo but this building look weak and fragile from the pix sef.
Lagos has so many structures like this still standing. They should do the needful to them.
Akindele’s multi-apartment house in oworo made the front page some days back. Those sinking structures need to shop dust I swear.
And the funniest thing is most tenants in that Akindele apartment won’t pack out now when d building is still standing..

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:03pm On May 02, 2022
ljoh:
The house is already weak
The caretaker informed the occupants, parked out of the said building and moved to somewhere else, stopped collecting rents from the tenants but trust the Nigerianese factor.

"We want to eat our cake and have it when we don't have the bakery"
It's pitiful, souls have to go down.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by GloriousGbola: 7:03pm On May 02, 2022
Sack the entire lastma unit in that area.
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by YorubarLord: 7:05pm On May 02, 2022
grin Exactly what I said, those greedy bastards would build house anyhow to make profit
Nigerialabalaba:
I don sabi say na those useless developers handiwork. such houses still full ebute meta and dem go collapse before d house reverts back to d family wey own the land. LASG must check all of dem again. Dem full eb west and east but more dey for east.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by pinkguy(m): 7:06pm On May 02, 2022
Lol
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by Skillsnigeria: 7:06pm On May 02, 2022
That's house don old
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by pinkguy(m): 7:06pm On May 02, 2022
Yoloba want copy South East but they failed foefully
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by 1metre: 7:08pm On May 02, 2022
Uniquetani1:
Oluwa o
I blamed the landlord
Most landlord are only good at collecting money but it's difficult for them to renovate the house.
We are ourselves problem not until we put our house in order, Nigeria will not get better.
Abi na Bubu tell the landlord not to take of his house?
not really renovation or the landlord's incompetency rather the contractors who structured the building are the cause of the collapse.
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by apache22b: 7:08pm On May 02, 2022
Guy na nothing you be ... chief my foot .

Chiefbutcher007:

You no dey ask yourself wetin dey bring woman into your random talk.
See this boy, check your previous tribal post before you checkmate that guy.
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by Timiblanko(m): 7:09pm On May 02, 2022
I know that the owner of the house and caretaker would be giving excuse.

When I was in Lagos there is this house where I work as a bakery manager.

The house was designed as a story building and there is vibration of bakery engine downstairs o.

The owner now decide to change the dimensions and even added another story building to it.

I know that one day the house will still collapse. I just pity the people who will be in that house by then.

There is need for regulations for all this landlords. Everything no be money.
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by themanderon: 7:09pm On May 02, 2022
That's an old building. Probably passed its sell by date hence the collapse.
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by Bifwoli: 7:10pm On May 02, 2022
Joezinho:
RIP to the dead and speedy recovery to the injured. God help Nigeria. I pray that one day we shall get sense in this country! Building collapses are just way too commonplace.. Is it that people like to cut corners by using inferior materials? Or that the state has no building control department who should be supervising every stage of new erections? Because I just don't understand it.

If a building is built correctly following strict plans laid out by architects and structural engineers it should stand for ever without incident. Look at houses in the western world that were built in the 1930's and further back. They are still standing today..
The Roman Colloseum was built over 1000yrs ago,Germany's Neutschwanstein Castle was built in 1869 and the Leaning Tower of Pisa was built and the Leaning Tower of Pisa was completed in 1372 and they're still standing centuries later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by cobsol(m): 7:10pm On May 02, 2022
But there is no Buharia in this topic. shocked
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by Way4orward: 7:11pm On May 02, 2022
The engineer and the owner of the house should be sent to prison
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 02, 2022
apache22b:
Guy na nothing you be ... chief my foot .

Na your fvther be chief na,I follow you argue that one?
Or ogvn dey kill am?
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by IbileIfe: 7:13pm On May 02, 2022
Just like Nigeria
The country has collapsed and thousands have lost their precious lives under the rubble and the rest are still trapped inside.

If you think NIgeria has not collapsed, you need to look around you
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by oluwaseyi0: 7:14pm On May 02, 2022
Lexusgs430:

My grandfather's house in palmgrove, built in the 70's, still standing ........

That house was only planned as a one up, one down, but subsequently raised, beyond it's foundational capabilities........

Only so much a spine can carry, over the years..... It got weak .........

I think you may be very right on issue of the initial building plan to be single story building

There is nothing our dubious people can't do
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by CDCCIA: 7:15pm On May 02, 2022
LasiFay121:
Fn mk
you will be tracked soon
Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by placeofallure(f): 7:16pm On May 02, 2022
Kriss216:

Wetin bring East for this matter now?

There's Ebute Meta East and West.
East is from Adekunle (Third Mainland Bridge Axis) down to Oyingbo while West is Apapa Road side down to Costain side.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse by apache22b: 7:17pm On May 02, 2022
I have got no buz with Goats .

My number 1 foes .

Chiefbutcher007:

Na your fvther be chief na,I follow you argue that one?
Or ogvn dey kill am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost Of Aluminium Roofing Sheet / Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria {2018 Prices} Quality Guaranteed. / Imported Exterior & Interior Doors Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.