Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US (28944 Views)

Biden Reacts To Overturn Of Abortion Rights By Supreme Court / Women March For Abortion Rights In US (Pictures, Video) / Trump Backs Plan To Overturn Election Result In Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:00am On May 03, 2022
subsidywise18:

Biden is pro abortion. The current make-up of the Supreme Court favours the conservative side . And it was set in stone by Trump , not Biden.

Plus the ruling hands the decision on whether to make abortion legal back to the US states not the federal US government . It does not ban abortions per se.

It’s great to know that someone else actually understands what’s going on. And if the leak turns out to be true then the Republicans can kiss their chances of winning everything goodbye.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by lexy2014: 9:00am On May 03, 2022
Ugosample:

I think she has a point though
Abortions will still happen in those couple of states who may want to rule abortion illegal

Or if you really want to commit the abortion; go to a state that permits it

From what I read in another news daily, I think this law even makes abortion illegal in states that are pro abortion
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Nobody: 9:01am On May 03, 2022
Please how do I block a nairalander from following me;

Any help please?
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:01am On May 03, 2022
Grandmeister:

Illegally then…yours is to automatically go against any perceived law or policy that you deem ‘anti-left’. Do you have a mind of your own??

The ban will not be respected did these conservatives think it through that women can be jailed for wanting to have rights over their bodies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by pchukwudi: 9:02am On May 03, 2022
This is likely a fake news or at least an illegal leak designed to rally the left wing extremists to intimidate sitting conservative justices in order to either sway their legal opinions, or start another round of political unrest in order to intimidate conservatives and hopefully reverse or mitigate the trend that shows that the left will lose massively in this year's midterm elections

WhizdomXX:
Hurray. Conservatives will come back stronger.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:02am On May 03, 2022
lexy2014:

From what I read in another news daily, I think this law even makes abortion illegal in states that are pro abortion

No. If it is overturned (and it has not been as of now) the decision will be on each individual state. Not all states would go for a total ban which would mean women seeking an abortion would simply have to travel.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by OSESUNATE(m): 9:02am On May 03, 2022
udoji2021:
I don't care what they do but here in nigeria, they should legalize abortion of unwanted babies and those with chronic disabilities

So foetuses have chronic disabilities? Wonderful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Adakintroy: 9:04am On May 03, 2022
Abortion rights is clearly a complicated issue. As Dave chapelle will say. If you are a man you need to shut the Bleep up on this.

I do not whole support the ideal that a woman should have such an arrogant posture to it. Like I have the right to kill a baba or fetus. It should not be argue in such way. Rather a submissive way of remorse. No one terminate your own process hencce you here. There are many prengnacy that were clearly unforseen. Such as rape or ignorance on the part of immature teens. That i understand. but to categorize all pregnancy as worthy of termination as when deem fit border line arrogant and absorbing individual of responsibility. Sexual practise in modern day has to be cultured. Humans don't know when to mate. Pleasure is the motivation. It s starting problem all by itself.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Nobody: 9:04am On May 03, 2022
lexy2014:

What's stupid about the news?
American news is of less concern to Nigeria.
It should be about marriage, abortion, sexuality in Nigeria.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Nobody: 9:05am On May 03, 2022
See how all nigerians are condeming abortion, if you ask them the reason for their opinion, half of them will start mentioning GOD,

We have a long way to go in this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:05am On May 03, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

It's funny that they waited for Roe to die before declaring that she was wrong.

Anyway, better late than never.

Though over 60 million babies had been murdered because of this bloody law.

Really? Do you realize that in the event of a total ban if a 12 year old girl is raped by a mentally ill stranger and becomes pregnant, she will be forced to give birth to that baby? Do you realize that giving birth at that age under those circumstances would ruin her life? In that scenario, who will raise the baby? Incest? The mother’s life in danger and the state refuses to opinion of the physician? I guess it’s better for girls and women to suffer and die while children with no one to care for them to be born.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by IgOga(m): 9:06am On May 03, 2022
The bloodsucking witches and wizards will not let this rest...expect protests and riots from the children of perdition over this
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Nobody: 9:07am On May 03, 2022
OSESUNATE:

So infants have chronic disabilities? Wonderful
where did i mention infants?
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Grandmeister(m): 9:07am On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

The ban will not be respected did these conservatives think it through that women can be jailed for wanting to have rights over their bodies.

Like I said, do you even have a mind of your own? Rights over your body? It is such dangerous and vague concepts like this that has led to so much anomalies and display of depravity in the world( America being a prime example). You will see a 30 years old full fledged woman walking in the public with her arse cheeks in full glare just to prove a ‘point’.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by delzbaba(m): 9:09am On May 03, 2022
Chaos loading.....
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:10am On May 03, 2022
Nosayer:
States in the US would not be forced to abide by the federal abortion laws?

This is serious

No. Each individual state would decide whether to ban or allow, with or without conditions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by kafeii123: 9:10am On May 03, 2022
jonio77:
I have been defrauded by a nairalander (+234 701 557 9432) claimed to be a gift cards seller last night..I sent him gift cards and since the guy disappeared a s can't be found..pls be careful dealing with people here on this Nairalander forum... Do not patronize any gift cards seller here..theyare fraudulent

I'm so sorry you had to go through this....may God return your loss... this is hoping the giftcards were gotten from honest business in the first place....I'm sure the scammer will meet his Waterloo
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Grandmeister(m): 9:11am On May 03, 2022
Adakintroy:
Abortion rights is clearly a complicated issue. As Dave chapelle will say. If you are a man you need to shut the Bleep up on this.

I do not whole support the ideal that a woman should have such an arrogant posture to it. Like I have the right to kill a baba or fetus. It should not be argue in such way. Rather a submissive way of remorse. No one terminate your own process hencce you here. There are many prengnacy that were clearly unforseen. Such as rape or ignorance on the part of immature teens. That i understand. but to categorize all pregnancy as worthy of termination as when deem fit border line arrogant and absorbing individual of responsibility. Sexual practise in modern day has to be cultured. Humans don't know when to mate. Pleasure is the motivation. It s starting problem all by itself.
My point exactly! They will always come up with the ‘what if you are raped by a psycho’ argument as if that is the case of majority of the abortions done by women! They will look for that very minuscule occurrence as a yardstick to everything.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Focusmind: 9:11am On May 03, 2022
The supreme court judges appointed by Trump. They're conservatives and anti abortionists.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by kafeii123: 9:11am On May 03, 2022
RedEnergy:
After killing nearly a 100 million babies, and their only crime was wanting to be born. God will surely destroy America. Only a matter of time. It's self-implosion will be absolute.

Oh....you mean America is the only nation where babies are aborted?... You mean abortion doesn't happen in Israel...or mecca?

I think it's better to educate on the dangers if abortion...not this
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by angelfallz(m): 9:12am On May 03, 2022
Abortion is murder, simple.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by QuinModah(f): 9:12am On May 03, 2022
jonio77:
I have been defrauded by a nairalander (+234 701 557 9432) claimed to be a gift cards seller last night..I sent him gift cards and since the guy disappeared a s can't be found..pls be careful dealing with people here on this Nairalander forum... Do not patronize any gift cards seller here..theyare fraudulent
Report to the nearest police station they will track him down with his NIN and block his banking transaction

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by shadrach77: 9:12am On May 03, 2022
jeff1993:
Abortion should be granted on certain terms like Rape and deformed Babies!!!

U don't have the right to abort a baby when the father of the baby wants the baby!!!... If the courts grants abortion right to women like that then they should also grant right to men choose to pay alimony to their divorced wives.
Please what does this law mean. Does it mean abortion is now illegal in the US?
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Nobody: 9:12am On May 03, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Really? Do you realize that in the event of a total ban if a 12 year old girl is raped by a mentally ill stranger and becomes pregnant, she will be forced to give birth to that baby? Do you realize that giving birth at that age under those circumstances would ruin her life? In that scenario, who will raise the baby? Incest? The mother’s life in danger and the state refuses to opinion of the physician? I guess it’s better for girls and women to suffer and die while children with no one to care for them to be born.
save your energy brother, anything the pastor tells them is final without using common sense to analyse situations themselves.

btw, contribute on my thread when you have time. thanks

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by blaise26abj(m): 9:13am On May 03, 2022
jeff1993:

U don't have the right to abort a baby when the father of the baby wants the baby!!!... If the courts grants abortion right to women like that then they should also grant right to men choose to pay alimony to their divorced wives.

Imagine the height of irresponsibility and lack of accountability of these ladies . They sleep around without protection in an age where there are several options to prevent babies . Yet they get pregnant and KILL those babies . If it’s once now , one can say it was a mistake . Instead they have done it like numerous times . Aborting up and down . Claiming it’s their bodies . Because you are biologically designed to carry life , you have ABSOLUTELY no rights to terminate that life unless it will take yours. In all this , most times the man isn’t consulted . But when they decide to keep it , the man is consulted mostly because money is involved .

This abortion issue is the cradle of feminism. While feminism itself has had some very great points , it has turned into a terrible agenda that has deeply divided humanity and opened the Pandora’s box for other evils to creep into the society .
No more standards or ethics. No more sanity . Pedophiles are already fighting for their rights for goddam sake!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Vinnie2000(m): 9:14am On May 03, 2022
JOACHINpedro:
So Biden was never an anti-christ shocked
I tire for Nigeria superstitions
It is overly religious dat started to call him Anti-christ and tried to christianise Donald trump's campaign! And this contributed to Trump's defeat as Americans are not like Nigerians who carries 'church for head'.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by BloomingDale(f): 9:15am On May 03, 2022
jeff1993:

Lol.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:15am On May 03, 2022
Blitzerz:
Democrats in the mud

Wrong. The current SCOTUS is a result of the Republicans and White Republican women are livid about this possibility and are finally seeing their voting choices backfire on them. The women who vote Republican pretend to be pro-life but they are most concerned with women’s rights hence the astronomical turnout at rallies to preserve women’s rights. They have already started to cackle and raise hell and the leak still hasn’t been confirmed. They’ll turn on the Republicans like angry bees in a disturbed hive.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by escavros: 9:15am On May 03, 2022
Abortion rights means the right to terminate the life of a human being in fetal stage, and by "RIGHTS", we mean legal position or moral principles or norms for certain standards of human behaviour and are regularly protected in municipal and international law. Wikipedia

To begin my personal position i will like to ask a few questions.

Q1 : Do we consider the human in fetal stage of development a living human

Q2: Do all human who are alive, well, sick or disable have the right?

Q3 : Can a fetus be considered a disable / temporarily disabled living human?

Q4 : Does the law consent to every living human to have proper and adequate representation?

If all the answers to these are YES, it is only fair that any person wanting to commit abortion should get a proper / adequate legal representation for both humans involved at their cost (since it is their responsibility) or at cost to the government to represent both living humans involved in this case.
The suit must be beard in a court of Law, before an abortion is carried out with a written verdict by a qualified Judge.

Where this process is not followed, the act of abortion or aborting a life or terminating a life of a living human, should be termed illegal and punishable by the law of the land as a homicide or murder.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Johnson3600(m): 9:15am On May 03, 2022
jonio77:

Next Time Use Cardtonic app SIMPle
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Nobody: 9:16am On May 03, 2022
kafeii123:

Oh....you mean America is the only nation where babies are aborted?... You mean abortion doesn't happen in Israel...or mecca?

I think it's better to educate on the dangers if abortion...not this
Are you still minding them?

kindly contribute on my thread when you have time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jacob Zuma Granted Compassionate Leave To Attend His Brother's Funeral / 95-Year-Old Queen Elizabeth Tests Positive For COVID-19 / White House Weighs Three-Way Deal To Get Fighter Jets To Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.