Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US (28946 Views)

Biden Reacts To Overturn Of Abortion Rights By Supreme Court / Women March For Abortion Rights In US (Pictures, Video) / Trump Backs Plan To Overturn Election Result In Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by christistruth01: 12:14pm On May 03, 2022
grin
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by christistruth01: 12:17pm On May 03, 2022
grin grin grin grin

Gay Marriage next
It is not in the US Constitution

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by CrestMan: 12:22pm On May 03, 2022
JOACHINpedro:
So Biden was never an anti-christ shocked
I tire for Nigeria superstitions

This has absolutely nothing to do with Biden. This only became possible because of the higher number of conservative judges in the supreme court. All thanks to President Trump whose major achievement is to fill the US Courts with conservative judges "FROM TOP TO BOTTOM".

I hope you understand US politics?

Peace!
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by LOGRYTHMN: 12:24pm On May 03, 2022
Who doesn't know that more people means more money

And more formidable economy

Check China, India, Japan

They are even doing depopulation and birth control nowadays

#BeGood!
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by CrestMan: 12:25pm On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

The law will not be respected because abortions will continue to happen.

Lol

It's obvious that some of you don't really understand what the main issue is.

Due to the useless abortion law, the US federal Government
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Oluwomonext212(m): 12:28pm On May 03, 2022
Not yet destroyed, because u are still somewhere typing and eating in peace. These are what you can not do in Afghanistan or Yemen right now.
RedEnergy:
What kind of dumb question is this; is Nigeria not destroyed already

grin grin
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by CrestMan: 12:28pm On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

The law will not be respected because abortions will continue to happen.

Lol

Apart from the murdering of innocent babies, this satanic abortion law also made the US Federal Government financially responsible for every abortion in US since it was legal.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:29pm On May 03, 2022
CrestMan:

Apart from the murdering of innocent babies, this satanic abortion law also made the US Federal Government financially responsible for every abortion in US since it was legal.

Keep quiet go and read the Hyde amendment the government in America does not fund abortions this is a lie.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by CrestMan: 12:31pm On May 03, 2022
Sweetplum:
Stupi d news. Is this American site or Nigerian site?

....but if it's advertisement on getting green card to US, I'm sure you won't ask your above question!

#Peace

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:34pm On May 03, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

The child can become a joy for someone else if the mother chooses to give the child away. Before the Roe vs Wade decision, women went to back alley doctors and had illegal abortions which would often fail resulting in a severely disabled child being born and sometimes the mother dying. Even if all of the states choose not to outlaw it, you’ll have huge amounts of girls and women resorting to unsafe methods adding to social problems that others will be tasked with finding solutions for.
Devil’s Advocate: do you live in Nigeria? If you do then maybe you know that whether or not people accept it, the country is starting to suffer from the negative effects of overpopulation and the continued growth is not sustainable. Just as it’ll soon be impossible to feed every baby born, who will provide for them when the people they are born to don’t have the means?

Condom and Postinor cheap.

Leave matter.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by CrestMan: 12:54pm On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Keep quiet go and read the Hyde amendment the government in America does not fund abortions this is a lie.

I know about the Hyde amendment since 1976! But see the reality on ground in the attached documents:

NB: if your response is not civil, you may not be opportuned to have me respond to you anymore.

#peace

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:12pm On May 03, 2022
CrestMan:

I know about the Hyde amendment since 1976! But see the reality on ground in the attached documents:

NB: if your response is not civil, you may not be opportuned to have me respond to you anymore.

#peace

It did not pass learn to read and accept that you are wrong.
Abortion is not funded by the government.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 03, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Correct and for the thousandth time, there still hasn’t been a ruling.

The leaked document was an opinion on the ruling by one of the justices from early February. Some are saying it’s already happened some are saying it hasn’t. No one knows till the court itself clarifies. The real trouble here is that documents are being leaked from the Supreme Court for political reasons. The US is a mess.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by CrestMan: 1:25pm On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

It did not pass learn to read and accept that you are wrong.
Abortion is not funded by the government.

Well, if that's true, then all well and good! Thank you for your kind response!

Still, I'm very glad the supreme court is doing justice to this satanic law.

#peace

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Saxxon(m): 2:06pm On May 03, 2022
Zorn:
There's no honour among thives grin cheesy
grin grin grin grin
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Neminc: 2:08pm On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Clown.
You don't know zilch I am patiently waiting for the idiot that will take a woman to prison since the states want to criminals it. It is just that you don't have sense if you did you would know that abortion bans does not stop abortions rather it stops safe abortion and risk the health of women.
Clown, why haven't you been able to provide the answer to the simple question I asked you? Bloody ignoramus!
And you're patiently waiting for who? Who the hell are you and what are you going to do about it? Nothing, that's what cos you're an inconsequential nobody that's irrelevant in the scheme of things.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Gnosis777: 2:15pm On May 03, 2022
I knew this would eventually happen soon and it's outright disgusting that majority male lawmakers who consist of privileged well heeled white men would have the audacity to dictate to women as to whether or not they should be able to birth a child into this world. These assholes know full well that most women seeking abortion are typically low income and come from marginalized backgrounds. But, of course this is what they want because where else will these bastards continue to get their worker slaves and prison fodder? These f*ckers stay thinking around the clock on how to keep a consistent flow of bottom caste slaves. As for the states that are still allowing abortion, women need to work fervently to ensure that this access remains available, because this could very well be the beginning for these demonic elitist who are hell bent on ensuring that they keep this highly unequal wicked system in place that favors the well off and that relentlessly f*cks over the poor.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Gnosis777: 2:24pm On May 03, 2022
God1000:
Hmm, that's America for you, but I don't think we have abortion rights in the Nigerian constitution

From my findings, abortion in Nigeria is illegal and carries a heavy jail sentence up to 14 years imprisonment unless it is performed to save the life of the pregnant woman

In response to the bolded, that is also a shame, especially when you consider the rate of poverty, rapes, and all kinds of hardships that are faced in a country like Nigeria. It's like they want poor bottom caste women to suffer even more than they are already suffering. I swear some male law makers can be so backwards in their thinking. They don't realize that banning abortion is an evil within itself because they are basically saying that they don't give a damn about the circumstances in which a child is being born, just as long as the child is born onto this planet. How cruel and diabolical is this. Again, look at the rate of ritual killings, rapes and poverty and then to pretty much force a female to give birth to a child is wicked to say the least. Especially, when these same law makers will NOT offer any help in raising the child. It's easy for them to say no to abortion, because they aren't the ones bearing the hardship. I wonder if they would see things differently if they the lawmakers were forced to take care of these children from birth to adulthood, since they are hell bent on ensuring that they are born.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Gnosis777: 2:32pm On May 03, 2022
udoji2021:

Religious trash as usual!

abortion of unwanted babies and chronic disabled children should be encouraged

Exactly! But I bet if a law was passed forcing these so called "anti -abortionists" to take care of unwanted babies from birth to adulthood, they would fight like hell to evade the law and get it overturned. Heck, look at the child support laws in America, and look at how much men absolutely abhor having to be made to take care of a child that they helped to create. Oftentimes, they will ignore legal child support judgments against them, go back to court to challenge it etc. etc. But these are the same hypocrites that are quick to scream that they are against abortion, but do not want shit to do with the financial responsibility of taking care of these same children.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:48pm On May 03, 2022
CrestMan:

Well, if that's true, then all is well and good! Thank you for your kind response!

Still, I'm very glad the supreme court is doing justice to this satanic law.

#peace

It will not stop abortions the court is just playing its hands if you cared about babies.

Help children out of the streets you can not stop caring for them after they have been born.
There is nothing satanic about the law which will continue to stand because the majority supports it

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by CrestMan: 2:55pm On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

It will not stop abortions the court is just playing its hands if you cared about babies.

Help children out of the streets you can not stop caring for them after they have been born.
There is nothing satanic about the law which will continue to stand because the majority supports it

Well, I appreciate your opinion same as I do mine. Thank you for the civil discuss!
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by booblacain(m): 3:43pm On May 03, 2022
JOACHINpedro:
So Biden was never an anti-christ shocked
I tire for Nigeria superstitions

what has Biden got to do with the judgment? you think US is Nigeria where the president influences judgement of the Supreme Court.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by efficiencie(m): 3:49pm On May 03, 2022
God1000:
Hmm, that's America for you, but I don't think we have abortion rights in the Nigerian constitution

From my findings, abortion in Nigeria is illegal and carries a heavy jail sentence up to 14 years imprisonment unless it is performed to save the life of the pregnant woman

And that is how it should be. Having unprotected sex and resorting to abortion as a means of contraceptive is a type of madness that should not be allowed in this country.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by bepositive11: 5:05pm On May 03, 2022
At the end of the day, it's the woman who risks her life by going through pregnancy, who sacrifices the youthful look of her body, who endures the emotional, physical, and psychological stresses that comes with pregnancy

No, you can't dismiss the woman's wishes just because you're the father. They both have to come to an agreement, but there's no doubt that the woman's decision should be the top priority

jeff1993:
Abortion should be granted on certain terms like Rape and deformed Babies!!!

U don't have the right to abort a baby when the father of the baby wants the baby!!!... If the courts grants abortion right to women like that then they should also grant right to men choose to pay alimony to their divorced wives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by VULCAN(m): 5:54pm On May 03, 2022
You sound daft.

How do you abort a disabled child?

udoji2021:

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by salt1: 6:05pm On May 03, 2022
Babies lives matter
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by jeff1993: 7:54pm On May 03, 2022
bepositive11:
At the end of the day, it's the woman who risks her life by going through pregnancy, who sacrifices the youthful look of her body, who endures the emotional, physical, and psychological stresses that comes with pregnancy

No, you can't dismiss the woman's wishes just because you're the father. They both have to come to an agreement, but there's no doubt that the woman's decision should be the top priority

..... Are u Fvcking serious?? .... There are a thousand and one ways of not getting pregnant .... Don't get pregnant and abort it when u know the father wants it.

If it's like that .... The decision of a father to take care of a baby should be entirely his .... You don't bully and bamboozle a man to take care of a baby he dosent want when he has given u an option to abort it when there was still time.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by prettyem(f): 8:29pm On May 03, 2022
udoji2021:

How so convinced are you that you were wanted?

Imagine your mum aborted you, would you be here?

People should learn to take responsibility, use a CD or zip up

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:13pm On May 03, 2022
In response to the SCOTUS leak, Amazon announced a $4,000/year reimbursement for US based employees that would cover medical expenses including travel to another state for abortion services. Other companies are expected to announce similar provisions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/amazon-reimburse-us-employees-travel-abortions-treatments-rcna27065
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by PDPGuy: 2:08pm On May 04, 2022
CrestMan:

Nope
The US government does NOT fund abortions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jacob Zuma Granted Compassionate Leave To Attend His Brother's Funeral / 95-Year-Old Queen Elizabeth Tests Positive For COVID-19 / White House Weighs Three-Way Deal To Get Fighter Jets To Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.