Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US (28942 Views)

Biden Reacts To Overturn Of Abortion Rights By Supreme Court / Women March For Abortion Rights In US (Pictures, Video) / Trump Backs Plan To Overturn Election Result In Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Nosayer: 9:16am On May 03, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

No. Each individual state would decide whether to ban or allow, with or without conditions.

The Supreme court is about to take that away
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Oluwomonext212(m): 9:17am On May 03, 2022
Nigerians committed abortion crime more than the US.... It's illegally done here every minutes like it's legal. So is God going to destroy Nigeria in a matter of time too ?
RedEnergy:
After killing nearly a 100 million babies, and their only crime was wanting to be born. God will surely destroy America. Only a matter of time. It's self-implosion will be absolute.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Originalsly: 9:18am On May 03, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

It's funny that they waited for Roe to die before declaring that she was wrong.

Anyway, better late than never.

Though over 60 million babies had been murdered because of this bloody law.

Roe was the one who wanted an abortion which was illegal in Texas ... and took the matter to the Supreme Court where the decision was made to make abortion legal nationwide. After rejoicing in her victory she later changed her stance and regretted what she caused. Her regrets and attempts to reverse the court decision was not widely publicized. Ironically, the matter returned to Texas which like six months ago disregarded the Federal decision and made abortion illegal in the state... and even went two steps farther and made it illegal for anyone to in anyway assist in having someone in having an abortion. Texas has again been the State that caused the matter to again land in the Supreme Court. Abortion clinics are all over the place... a few minutes walk or drive. Been going to quite a few... work related... and almost always ... very young girls be sitting in the waiting room. This will be a punch to the gut for stem cell research.

Is funny that those who been protesting and making noise about women having the right to choose what they want to do with their bodies but yet when the FG was mandating the experimental COVID-19 vaccines for all including their children they were silent.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:18am On May 03, 2022
escavros:
Abortion rights means the right to terminate the life of a human being in fetal stage.

Q1 : Do we consider the human life in fetal stage of development a child?

Q2 : Do all human who are alive, well, sick or disable have the right to live?

Q3 : Can a fetus be considered as a disable / temporarily disabled living human?

Q4 : Does the law consent to every living human to have proper and adequate representation?

If all the answers to these are YES, it is only fair that any person wanting to commit abortion should get a lawyer for both humans involved in this case, and proper / adequate legal representation at their cost (since it is their responsibility) or at cost to the government, and the suit must be beard in a court of Law, before an abortion is carried out with a written verdict by a qualified Judge.

Where this process is not followed, the act of abortion or aborting a life or terminating a life of a living human, should be termed illegal and punishable by the law of the land as a homicide or murder.

You’re kidding, right? Theres so many reasons why what you’re suggesting would never work or even taken into consideration. Most problematic of all is that the court dockets are already so long in most states that the baby would be alive and approaching toddler age before the case was heard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Agwotulumbe(f): 9:19am On May 03, 2022
God bless united states of America
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Nobody: 9:20am On May 03, 2022
angelfallz:
Abortion is murder, simple.
Can you allow your wife to gave birth to a child with spina befida, or who is an slowpoke?

murder indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Ugosample(m): 9:20am On May 03, 2022
lexy2014:

From what I read in another news daily, I think this law even makes abortion illegal in states that are pro abortion
That can't actually be
Because for example weed is an offense in federal law
But states legalise weed
And in those states you can't be arrested for it

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:21am On May 03, 2022
Originalsly:

Roe was the one who wanted an abortion which was illegal in Texas ... and took the matter to the Supreme Court where the decision was made to make abortion legal nationwide. After rejoicing in her victory she later changed her stance and regretted what she caused. Her regrets and attempts to reverse the court decision was not widely publicized. Ironically, the returned to Texas which like six months ago disregarded the Federal decision and made abortion illegal in the state... and even went two steps farther and made it illegal for anyone to in anyway assist in having someone in having an abortion. Texas has again been the State that caused the matter to again land in the Supreme Court. Abortion clinics are all over the place... a few minutes walk or drive. Been going to quite a few... work related... and almost always ... very young girls be sitting in the waiting room. This will be a punch to the gut for stem cell research.

Great that you mentioned stem cell research because people tend to jump on a bandwagon without taking time to think of the ripple effect of certain actions and how it would effect even those not directly involved.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by blaise26abj(m): 9:21am On May 03, 2022
escavros:
Abortion rights means the right to terminate the life of a human being in fetal stage.

Q1 : Do we consider the human life in fetal stage of development a child?

Q2 : Do all human who are alive, well, sick or disable have the right to live?

Q3 : Can a fetus be considered as a disable / temporarily disabled living human?

Q4 : Does the law consent to every living human to have proper and adequate representation?

If all the answers to these are YES, it is only fair that any person wanting to commit abortion should get a lawyer for both humans involved in this case, and proper / adequate legal representation at their cost (since it is their responsibility) or at cost to the government, and the suit must be beard in a court of Law, before an abortion is carried out with a written verdict by a qualified Judge.

Where this process is not followed, the act of abortion or aborting a life or terminating a life of a living human, should be termed illegal and punishable by the law of the land as a homicide or murder.
I love your reasoning .
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Wande22(m): 9:21am On May 03, 2022
Pastor Righteousness2, what's your take on this nomerica decision
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by RuddyFusion(m): 9:21am On May 03, 2022
Not voted anything it's still in draft

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:22am On May 03, 2022
Nosayer:

The Supreme court is about to take that away

Nope, not going to happen. I’d willingly bet my law degree on that.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:24am On May 03, 2022
RuddyFusion:
Not voted anything it's still in draft

I can’t figure out why we’re among the few who realize that.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:24am On May 03, 2022
Grandmeister:

Like I said, do you even have a mind of your own? Rights over your body? It is such dangerous and vague concepts like this that has led to so much anomalies and display of depravity in the world( America being a prime example). You will see a 30 years old full fledged woman walking in the public with her arse cheeks in full glare just to prove a ‘point’.
You are just saying rubbish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by blaise26abj(m): 9:25am On May 03, 2022
Originalsly:

Roe was the one who wanted an abortion which was illegal in Texas ... and took the matter to the Supreme Court where the decision was made to make abortion legal nationwide. After rejoicing in her victory she later changed her stance and regretted what she caused. Her regrets and attempts to reverse the court decision was not widely publicized. Ironically, the returned to Texas which like six months ago disregarded the Federal decision and made abortion illegal in the state... and even went two steps farther and made it illegal for anyone to in anyway assist in having someone in having an abortion. Texas has again been the State that caused the matter to again land in the Supreme Court. Abortion clinics are all over the place... a few minutes walk or drive. Been going to quite a few... work related... and almost always ... very young girls be sitting in the waiting room. This will be a punch to the gut for stem cell research.

Is funny that those who been protesting and making noise about women having the right to choose what they want to do with their bodies but yet when the FG was mandating the experimental COVID-19 vaccines for all including their children they were silent.
To hell with stem cell research if they can’t make do with normal fetal deaths .

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:26am On May 03, 2022
Ugosample:

That can't actually be
Because for example weed is an offense in federal law
But states legalise weed
And in those states you can't be arrested for it

Yep. Same thing with the mask mandates and so many other things. Remove the decision from the federal level and give the right to decide to each individual state.
But it still hasn’t been voted on. A draft is just that, a draft.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by angelfallz(m): 9:28am On May 03, 2022
Abortion is murder, simple.
udoji2021:

Can you allow your wife to gave birth to a child with spina befida, or who is an slowpoke?

murder indeed!
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by blaise26abj(m): 9:28am On May 03, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Nope, not going to happen. I’d willingly bet my law degree on that.

Don’t be quick to say that . Who thought there could be an insurrection at the capitol ? Anything can happen nowadays .
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by sylve11: 9:29am On May 03, 2022
jeff1993:
Abortion should be granted on certain terms like Rape and deformed Babies!!!

U don't have the right to abort a baby when the father of the baby wants the baby!!!... If the courts grants abortion right to women like that then they should also grant right to men choose to pay alimony to their divorced wives.

You are making sense. cool
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:30am On May 03, 2022
blaise26abj:

Don’t be quick to say that . Who thought there could be an insurrection at the capitol ? Anything can happen nowadays .

Let me repeat myself. Nope, not going to happen. The government will not take away each state’s right to decide.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by jcross19: 9:31am On May 03, 2022
JOACHINpedro:
So Biden was never an anti-christ shocked
I tire for Nigeria superstitions
you think USA is like Nigeria where president will just decides the fate of millions in his office..

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:32am On May 03, 2022
jcross19:
you think USA is like Nigeria where president will just decides the fate of millions in his office..

It’s hard debating with people who don’t even understand how things work in a democracy, isn’t it?
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:35am On May 03, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I can’t figure out why we’re among the few who realize that.
Unless this was leaked with the intention of convincing Kavanaugh to change his mind. I don't see how Roe is not dead.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Bluntemperor: 9:35am On May 03, 2022
geezynoni:
Hmm

Lalasticlala (OP),why did you jump the gun on this topic ( matter) that is yet to be agreeable to the American Public?
It's a Draft, for God's sake, journalism should not be speculative!
I read from both the Social and Mainstream Tabloid,but the totality of the Justice Agreement is yet to be pronounced ,so why are you in haste!
You weakened my hands!
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:36am On May 03, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Yep. Same thing with the mask mandates and so many other things. Remove the decision from the federal level and give the right to decide to each individual state.
But it still hasn’t been voted on. A draft is just that, a draft.
Some rights should be fundamental and not left to the states.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by blaise26abj(m): 9:36am On May 03, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Let me repeat myself. Nope, not going to happen. The government will not take away each state’s right to decide.

The government took that right from the states with Roe . They are now saying that was wrong and plan to return that right to the states legislature to decide for the states .
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:38am On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Unless this was leaked with the intention of convincing Kavanaugh to change his mind. I don't see how Roe is not dead.

An unconfirmed leak is what we have here. And it doesn’t help that people read the title and fly on to debate and defend without even reading the article. They don’t even realize that the thread title contradicts the article posted under it.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by wink2015(m): 9:38am On May 03, 2022
Abortion issue is a big case in the United States and it cut across the 50 states.

It has occupied political debates for years.

Politicians use it to cut through their policy.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:39am On May 03, 2022
blaise26abj:

The government took that right from the states with Roe . They are now saying that was wrong and plan to return that right to the states legislature to decide for the states .

I said that long ago because I fully understand what is at play. What are you missing?
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by tctrills: 9:40am On May 03, 2022
JOACHINpedro:
So Biden was never an anti-christ shocked
I tire for Nigeria superstitions
A few things here;
First, Biden is not an antichrist.
Secondly, Biden is not in support of the ruling.
Lastly, the court is yet to rule on Abortion.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:42am On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Some rights should be fundamental and not left to the states.

It’s debatable but basically, I agree. If this comes to pass, it’ll backfire and the bench will be crowded with cases created by the blowback.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

95-Year-Old Queen Elizabeth Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Jacob Zuma Granted Compassionate Leave To Attend His Brother's Funeral / White House Weighs Three-Way Deal To Get Fighter Jets To Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.