Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice (35604 Views)

Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account / POS Operator Receives Fake Bundles Of Money From A Customer / I Mistakenly Raped 4-Year-Old Girl – Suspect In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by vision2050: 12:48pm On May 04, 2022
Plead with him
But people are difficult o
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by habsydiamond(m): 12:49pm On May 04, 2022
Na thief full this country.... For him to have denied seeing the money and for him not want to go to the bank means he received the money... Only wanted to claim it thinking there is no evidence from ur end.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Voldoz: 12:50pm On May 04, 2022
Some Nigerians I don't just understand them, the money is with him as long has bank has said it is successful it's with him, even from his reply the guy na crook.

At least I expected something like "Oh I will check once I receive alert I will resend it back to you or lemme check my balance and send it back to you"

Why are some people just wicked.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Warlord12(m): 12:51pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need your help in sorting out a transaction I did. On the 25th of April, 2022 I did a transfer to a first bank account which didn't go as a result of bad network from the bank. Later that day, I tried the transaction a second time and it was now successful.

When it was time for me to go home, I did my balancing and discovered that I was having shortage. So I did a review of my days transaction and I discovered that the initial transaction later went. Meaning that the customer got credited twice.

I called my bank to confirm the transaction and I was told that both transaction were successful. I then called the customer who now claimed that he only got credited for once.

I told him to check his app, he replied that he doesn't use an android phone. I then told him to go to his bank to get his bank statement, his reply was that he doesn't have time to go to his bank.

Please guys, how do I solve this case? Is there a way I can go to first bank to get evidence that the money is in the customers account? And is it possible for me to get a police report in other to go to first bank to get evidence?

Kindly advice as your suggestions will go a long way in solving this case.

Oga hold am well ur money Dey the customer acct
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Rainerpaints122(m): 12:52pm On May 04, 2022
Run to bank
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by DallasMike77: 12:53pm On May 04, 2022
firstly, it,s impossible for you to get his statement of account .
Go and get your statement of account from your bank as evidence then go to SIB police Office to make a complain .
They will surely invite him for questioning and settle the mater ammicably.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Lemonade2019: 12:54pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need your help in sorting out a transaction I did. On the 25th of April, 2022 I did a transfer to a first bank account which didn't go as a result of bad network from the bank. Later that day, I tried the transaction a second time and it was now successful.

When it was time for me to go home, I did my balancing and discovered that I was having shortage. So I did a review of my days transaction and I discovered that the initial transaction later went. Meaning that the customer got credited twice.

I called my bank to confirm the transaction and I was told that both transaction were successful. I then called the customer who now claimed that he only got credited for once.

I told him to check his app, he replied that he doesn't use an android phone. I then told him to go to his bank to get his bank statement, his reply was that he doesn't have time to go to his bank.

Please guys, how do I solve this case? Is there a way I can go to first bank to get evidence that the money is in the customers account? And is it possible for me to get a police report in other to go to first bank to get evidence?

are you both using same bank
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Slynation(m): 12:54pm On May 04, 2022
Well it's a very simple case a bank can solve but they will first of frustrate the living day light out of you, reason it's always advisable to make friends with atleast one person that works with a bank you are making use of and things like this will always be solved by making phone calls...

As for me, once I run one transfer and it didn't go through, that it all no matter how urgent it is...I no dey for "chere Kam bia"
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by DallasMike77: 12:55pm On May 04, 2022
firstly, it,s impossible for you to get his statement of account .
Go and get your statement of account from your bank as evidence then go to SIB police Office to make a complain .
They will surely invite him for questioning and settle the mater ammicably.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Emaprince: 12:56pm On May 04, 2022
Born2Breed:
Why are people always dishonest? Receiving money twice then denying it.

There must be a proper channel to address this issue.

Experts on NL, please your advice is needed.

Lalasticlala
Seun

Frontpage material.
Nigerians are very wicked and too opportunistic. When it comes to issues of money, that saint will become a two faced devil...speaking from both sides of his mouth.

I have had my own share of transferring to wrong accounts and double transfers . .In all these cases, the beneficiaries will either withdraw the money immediately ( if its a wrong transfer) or claim he or she wasn't credited twice ( if its double transfer). If I know the beneficiary, he or she will either start avoiding me or promising that he will...he will... until thy kingdom come, they won't do anything. I am usually too busy to be pursuing them around..and not interested in police because those ones will even charge pass the amount in question..cos its been 15k 25k 20k etc. The biggest was when I sent 75000 instead of 7500.. and the beneficiary disappeared from my sight ever since.

As I am typing, I received a credit alert of 50k around 2:39am on Thursday morning. I do not know who sent it. I waited on that day to see if any one will call or come to me for it. I went to a GTB branch on Friday to notify them..but there were too many customers so I had to leave. Its been public holiday since then. Now I am planning to go back tomorrow as there will be too many people in the bank today. I just want them to withdraw it incase they get a complaint from anyone.

That type of money is not actually what I am interested in.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by kaynex(m): 12:58pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

1. Notify your bank that you erroneously sent funds twice instead of once. Your bank should log a dispute on ur behalf against the beneficiary. Then you can visit first bank online and notify them as well by sharing reference with them as well as screenshot. U can worry them on social media too that it was sent duplicated instead of one only
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by ozo13(m): 12:58pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:

I pleaded with him, but he said he cannot go to his bank because he is very busy.
I have the printed receipt.
thats an excuse of not wanting to refund the cash.he could transfer ur cash back to u within a minute if he is willing to.
The other option is to obtain a police report(u will pay for it but i dont know if ordinarily it should be free) then approach the court to obtain and order mandating the bank to pay u the exact amount.but u go spend money sha.
I had similar challenge sometimes ago and that was what i was advised to do.
Out of 200k, i think i was able to get 136k or there about.the other evil ones refuse to credit there account.
Note: they will ask u for percentage ooo(5-10% i think) na the work of court Messengers be that ooo or else they will tell u to forget about the money.the ogas need to warn them regarding that.
Na the kind country we dey run be that.
May God help us.
Jus know by the time u do all the wahala , na like 20k or less go remain.
People like money that isnt there own in this our country and we keep on complaining about the political class where as most of The citizens are worst in their doings.

4 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by asobo1: 12:59pm On May 04, 2022
I dislike people who aren't honest. Please get him arrested asap. Day light arm robbery

In this inept regime, people are still causing there fellow human pain
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Seanjigga: 12:59pm On May 04, 2022
Take this matter to Rant HQ on Facebook with all your evidence together with his phone number, I bet you he will send back your money. Those excuses shows he has gotten the money and unwilling to pay back.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Sisora(m): 1:00pm On May 04, 2022
Voldoz:
Some Nigerians I don't just understand them, the money is with him as long has bank has said it is successful it's with him, even from his reply the guy na crook.

At least I expected something like "Oh I will check once I receive alert I will resend it back to you or lemme check my balance and send it back to you"

Why are some people just wicked.
e shock me o.

Just to check sms alert to confirm and then revert.

Op should get him arrested.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by West2019(m): 1:01pm On May 04, 2022
Get that badstard idiot one solider him eye go open with confession .
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by largeman4u(m): 1:01pm On May 04, 2022
The Bank customer service should be able to resolve this issue, but they will not even bother to assist the customer. This issue should be look at by CBN banking supervision.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Quim2: 1:01pm On May 04, 2022
euwajeh:
I had similar experience in 2018. But my was a big amount of cash it took More than 2yrs before I got my complete money because the customer stop using the account. But i have to involve icpc,efcc,cbn . Before the customer BVN was flagged.

Then he came begging
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Gkemz: 1:03pm On May 04, 2022
Nigerians whether customers or sellers are dishonest. Sellers dupe buyers, buyers dupe sellers if opportunity presents itself.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:05pm On May 04, 2022
Customer don change face
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by ozo13(m): 1:06pm On May 04, 2022
LutherSanchez:
First of all,ur lucky that you know d customer. Print the receipt if u can,if you can't then screenshot the transaction then plead with him to go to the bank with you with the evidence. It's either d money is with him or with his bank,his bank statement is key here.
i didnt know most of the customers in my own case.
Na that period i know say most people jus dey use religion deceive ppl.a mallam that came for an Islamic program was one of them likewise a house wife that is very religious in Christian faith.
She later confessed to the person i block her account which she was meant to send the cash to that ehn she actually saw the 20k in her account despite the one she borrowed money from also gett the 20k.she decide to spend it that the woman should please forgive her and borrow her the money again
That she will return it to her.na how i get the 20k be that from the person my money entered her account.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Springboot: 1:07pm On May 04, 2022
euwajeh:
Not that easy like that you need a police report and court order for that your best option is for the guy to plead with the customer.

Putting a lien is not same as restricting the account, a lien is more of putting it in negative balance to show he is owing, the bank doesn't need police report to do that as long as they have good evidence.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by seborrhic: 1:08pm On May 04, 2022
illicit:
Go to your own bank
They will out a lien on the customers account and withdraw your money
If it's that easy then there would be a collapse of the banking system and pandemonium everywhere.
Imagine you have an issue with someone after you did a legitimate transaction,you then report to your bank that it was a wrong transaction and your bank takes your word for it and blocks the accused account.How does it look to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:08pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

Where drunk or something?
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by 4richminds(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2022
Go to your bank and do transaction reverse telling them that the customer doesn't received it.
ozo13:
Na that period i know say most people jus dey use religion deceive ppl.a mallam that came for an Islamic program was one of them likewise a house wife that is very religious.
She later confessed to the person i block her account which she was meant to send the cash to that ehn she actually saw the 20k in her account despite the one she borrowed money from also gett the 20k.she decide to spend it that the woman should please forgive her and borrow her the money again
That she will return it to her.na how i get the 20k be that from the person my money entered her account.
[quo
ozo13:
Na that period i know say most people jus dey use religion deceive ppl.a mallam that came for an Islamic program was one of them likewise a house wife that is very religious.
te author=Flight90 post=112500325]Hello Nairalanders,

Kindly advice as your suggestions will go a long way in solving this case.[/quote]
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Dannyjojo99(m): 1:10pm On May 04, 2022
kaynex:

1. Notify your bank that you erroneously sent funds twice instead of once. Your bank should log a dispute on ur behalf against the beneficiary. Then you can visit first bank online and notify them as well by sharing reference with them as well as screenshot. U can worry them on social media too that it was sent duplicated instead of one only

Follow those steps, my friend. You will get back your money

So sorry you had to make such mistake.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Freemasonry: 1:11pm On May 04, 2022
The recepient is being stylishly dishonest.
Which kind yeye busy be that!?
He got the money, but he's stalling so that you get frustrated and forget it.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Timekeeper452: 1:11pm On May 04, 2022
I blame the Nigerian bank and their terrible network for all this.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by yusluvad(m): 1:13pm On May 04, 2022
Very bad...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Trying To Sell Her Three Children Arrested In Enugu (Photos) / Schoolgirl Flogged In Ilorin, Leg Infected Over School Fees. Photos / NDLEA Intercepts Drugs Concealed In Statue Of Mary, Auto Spare Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.