Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice (35537 Views)

Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account / POS Operator Receives Fake Bundles Of Money From A Customer / I Mistakenly Raped 4-Year-Old Girl – Suspect In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Flight90: 11:04pm On May 03, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need your help in sorting out a transaction I did. On the 25th of April, 2022 I did a transfer to a first bank account which didn't go as a result of bad network from the bank. Later that day, I tried the transaction a second time and it was now successful.

When it was time for me to go home, I did my balancing and discovered that I was having shortage. So I did a review of my days transaction and I discovered that the initial transaction later went. Meaning that the customer got credited twice.

I called my bank to confirm the transaction and I was told that both transaction were successful. I then called the customer who now claimed that he only got credited for once.

I told him to check his app, he replied that he doesn't use an android phone. I then told him to go to his bank to get his bank statement, his reply was that he doesn't have time to go to his bank.

Please guys, how do I solve this case? Is there a way I can go to first bank to get evidence that the money is in the customers account? And is it possible for me to get a police report in other to go to first bank to get evidence?

Kindly advice as your suggestions will go a long way in solving this case.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 03, 2022
First of all,ur lucky that you know d customer. Print the receipt if u can,if you can't then screenshot the transaction then plead with him to go to the bank with you with the evidence. It's either d money is with him or with his bank,his bank statement is key here.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Flight90: 11:17pm On May 03, 2022
LutherSanchez:
First of all,ur lucky that you know d customer. Print the receipt if u can,if you can't then screenshot the transaction then plead with him to go to the bank with you with the evidence. It's either d money is with him or with his bank,his bank statement is key here.

I pleaded with him, but he said he cannot go to his bank because he is very busy.
I have the printed receipt.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Born2Breed(f): 11:17pm On May 03, 2022
Why are people always dishonest? Receiving money twice then denying it.

There must be a proper channel to address this issue.

Experts on NL, please your advice is needed.

Lalasticlala
Seun

Frontpage material.

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by illicit(m): 11:23pm On May 03, 2022
Go to your own bank
They will out a lien on the customers account and withdraw your money

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by euwajeh(m): 11:27pm On May 03, 2022
Not that easy like that you need a police report and court order for that your best option is for the guy to plead with the customer.
illicit:
Go to your own bank
They will out a lien on the customers account and withdraw your money

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 03, 2022
Flight90:

I pleaded with him, but he said he cannot go to his bank because he is very busy.
You have to beg him again to go to his bank.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by illicit(m): 11:32pm On May 03, 2022
euwajeh:
Not that easy like that you need a police report and court order for that your best option is for the guy to plead with the customer.

This can be done in a working day

4 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 03, 2022
euwajeh:
Yeah,d best option is pleading with d customer.

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by euwajeh(m): 11:39pm On May 03, 2022
I had similar experience in 2018. But my was a big amount of cash it took More than 2yrs before I got my complete money because the customer stop using the account. But i have to involve icpc,efcc,cbn . Before the customer BVN was flagged.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 03, 2022
illicit:

This can be done in a working day
We know it can be done in a working day but its d interference from his bank to his customers' bank we are talking abt. A court n police order will be needed before his bank can interfere.

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by illicit(m): 11:42pm On May 03, 2022
LutherSanchez:
We know it can be done in a working day but its d interference from his bank to his customers' bank we are talking abt. A court n police order will be needed before his bank can interfere.

The police report and the court order can be gotten in hours

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 03, 2022
euwajeh:
I had similar experience in 2018. But my was a big amount of cash it took More than 2yrs before I got my complete money because the customer stop using the account. But i have to involve icpc,efcc,cbn . Before the customer BVN was flagged.
Yeah,he's lucky he knows d customer. This 1 shouldn't be hard

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by euwajeh(m): 11:57pm On May 03, 2022
Yea it can be gotten in hours but mind u it will not be worked on until it gets to the legal department of the bank. If it is the same bank it is easier but if it is another bank it takes time because of corresponding bank. Mind you all banks has procedure on handling the issue.
illicit:

The police report and the court order can be gotten in hours

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by illicit(m): 12:00am On May 04, 2022
euwajeh:
Yea it can be gotten in hours but mind u it will not be worked on until it gets to the legal department of the bank. If it is the same bank it is easier but if it is another bank it takes time because of corresponding bank. Mind you all banks has procedure on handling the issue.

Just try it

It's not a long process at all

It takes few hours

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by euwajeh(m): 12:03am On May 04, 2022
My best advice you should act fast

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by BusinessPlan22: 3:00am On May 04, 2022
Flight90:

Arrest him pls

6 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by BadNews: 5:50am On May 04, 2022
Sorry Boss, please do the needful and get back your money
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Afonjamuslim24(f): 12:43pm On May 04, 2022
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by slawormiir: 12:43pm On May 04, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

This is not a hard nut to crack

As far as the customer you credited is available

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Military0001: 12:43pm On May 04, 2022
Hopefully the person is a good person, if not na wahala

5 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by sofeo(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2022
Sorry bro
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:44pm On May 04, 2022
As a general rule, banks can reverse a payment made in error only with the consent of the person who received it.
Your bank and the recipient's bank will need to co-operate to try to recover the payment.

This usually involves the recipient’s bank contacting the account holder to ask his or her permission to reverse the transaction.

If the recipient refuses, your only option is to take up the matter directly yourself. However, the bank’s responsibility to protect the privacy of the recipient’s contact details may prove an initial stumbling block.
You may wish to take court action if the recipient won’t return the money.
We recommend you seek legal advice if faced with taking such a step.

But in this case, It is good for you that you know the customer and have their contact information.

All the very best.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by akanbiaa(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2022
Hmmm
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by damosade(m): 12:45pm On May 04, 2022
Cry and beg him.. Other options na long thing.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Freebills12: 12:46pm On May 04, 2022
[color=#770077][/color]
Flight90:

Give him time, know that you have to settled him. If he refuses, involve the police

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding / Billionaire Couple Mysteriously Burn To Death In Onitsha / Maid Arrested For Raping A Small Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.