Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice (35601 Views)

Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account / POS Operator Receives Fake Bundles Of Money From A Customer / I Mistakenly Raped 4-Year-Old Girl – Suspect In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by JBoss25(m): 2:22pm On May 04, 2022
NaijaCopy:
Lol. Just 2 weeks ago, someone credited me #30K twice and alerted me. I didn't even know any money had been paid. The creditor (lives in Abuja) called to let me (I stay in Lagos) know of the error. I confirmed and transferred back #30K. All done in 2 minutes and I sent a screenshot.

How hard can these things be!!

I remember a completely random person credited my airtime and then called to beg me to send it back. I could sense the feeling of hopelessness in his voice as he was seriously pleading before I could even say a word. It felt funny to me. Why will I not send it back? I sent back pronto and he called back to thank me profusely.

Hmmm... Na wa for the average Nigerian o.
how comes ive never experienced such before
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by lekonso: 2:26pm On May 04, 2022
You will surely get your money back, it's just that it may not come quickly as you want

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by brightest5050: 2:29pm On May 04, 2022
illicit:
Go to your own bank
They will out a lien on the customers account and withdraw your money

Nice advise but the thing is that Flight90 won't be able to achieve this without a court order. I would advise Flight90 to first of all convince the recipient of the money to send the money back to him but as the recipient is reluctant he can see a lawyer to sue the recipient bank via a Motion on Notice and join his own bank. The court will place a lien on the recipient account if there is no sufficient fund in recipient bank to cover up the 25k but if there is sufficient amount in the recipient account, the court will order the recipient bank to reverse the sum via a "Court Order".

The time for all this shouldn't take 2 month at the Magistrate Court although it depend on the court diary.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by brightest5050: 2:33pm On May 04, 2022
pappilo:

Exactly. Pure evil and wickedness. And they will be the loudest ones complaining about bad leaders and all. Its not even a life changing amount that you'd could kind of understand the temptation.

I have made this mistake before. During my dad's funeral I paid a food vendor N400,000 twice and made a donation of N130,000 to the church twice. Guess which one of them paid me back ASAP once I raised the issue?

Na fight before I see the other amount collect from the ones you'd least expect to hang on to your money.

Thw food vendor paid you back first and the donation it was tug of war before you got a refund? My guess . Was that how it was?

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Oladapo3971(m): 2:40pm On May 04, 2022
Dazall:

OP you don't have a problem here, now let me show you my little secret in solving this kind of problems.

Go to the transaction receipt of the transfer and report the transaction as unauthorized transaction. That customers account will be frozen until he/she responds to the query.

Once you report the bank account just relax, that customer will call you. I do that alot for those who will post beautiful stuffs online for sale only to send rubbish grin grin grin

That is the beauty of transfer if you know your way you can't lose your money.
report the transaction as unauthorized transaction
To which agency?
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Lostchild(m): 2:58pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90

Last year I paid money into my access bank account. When I go home, I saw credit alert twice. Later the next day I got a call from the female cashier. She asked me if I see a double credit alert, I responded with a YES.

She told me what happened and asked for my permission, if she can deduct the money from my bank account?

I told her to withdraw the money from my bank account and she did.

Three weeks later I went to the bank to make deposit and she recognize my first and last name. She reminded me and thank me. She also asked me to remove my cap that she want to see my face, I did

She smiled at me in appreciation.

MY ADVICE
Call the person and deduct the money from his account. Period.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by rolams(m): 2:59pm On May 04, 2022
euwajeh:
I had similar experience in 2018. But my was a big amount of cash it took More than 2yrs before I got my complete money because the customer stop using the account. But i have to involve icpc,efcc,cbn . Before the customer BVN was flagged.

How did you involve the ICPC, EFCC and the CBN. A brother wants to go through this too.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by princewarri1985: 3:02pm On May 04, 2022
Go to your bank and get your bank statement and you will see the evidence of both transaction take it to the customer and show it to him, and if he still refuse to refund you, take the bank statement to the police as evidence and get him arrested because the customer is a thief!

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Elsueno: 3:19pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need your help in sorting out a transaction I did. On the 25th of April, 2022 I did a transfer to a first bank account which didn't go as a result of bad network from the bank. Later that day, I tried the transaction a second time and it was now successful.

When it was time for me to go home, I did my balancing and discovered that I was having shortage. So I did a review of my days transaction and I discovered that the initial transaction later went. Meaning that the customer got credited twice.

I called my bank to confirm the transaction and I was told that both transaction were successful. I then called the customer who now claimed that he only got credited for once.

I told him to check his app, he replied that he doesn't use an android phone. I then told him to go to his bank to get his bank statement, his reply was that he doesn't have time to go to his bank.

Please guys, how do I solve this case? Is there a way I can go to first bank to get evidence that the money is in the customers account? And is it possible for me to get a police report in other to go to first bank to get evidence?

Kindly advice as your suggestions will go a long way in solving this case.

I assure you, he has received the money, ITS DEFINITELY WITH HIM..This fraudsters use same excuse, one of them made me do d transfer twice, refused to check his balance..Do not let him chop ur money

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by CAPITALBEE: 3:19pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:

Simply notify your bank immediately of an erroneous transfer from your end, they will log this for processing and the recipient bank will be contacted... The account will either be placed on PND or an amount block is done and the customer is engaged for further actions.

If it were to be interbank... This should have been easy. However, the above is your best bet if you don't want to entertain the option of police report and court order.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by PastorFire: 3:25pm On May 04, 2022
A girl misttakenly credited my account twice (9k), After close of work in the evening, i went to her and returned it. The way she thanked me ba.. I immediately knew her job depended on it.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by dontrulee: 3:26pm On May 04, 2022
All these bank issues sef.
I hate anything bank in Nigeria, they're too slow in thinking. Mtcheww...

Op, sorry about your experience.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by DrDunamis(m): 3:38pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need your help in sorting out a transaction I did. On the 25th of April, 2022 I did a transfer to a first bank account which didn't go as a result of bad network from the bank. Later that day, I tried the transaction a second time and it was now successful.

When it was time for me to go home, I did my balancing and discovered that I was having shortage. So I did a review of my days transaction and I discovered that the initial transaction later went. Meaning that the customer got credited twice.

I called my bank to confirm the transaction and I was told that both transaction were successful. I then called the customer who now claimed that he only got credited for once.

I told him to check his app, he replied that he doesn't use an android phone. I then told him to go to his bank to get his bank statement, his reply was that he doesn't have time to go to his bank.

Please guys, how do I solve this case? Is there a way I can go to first bank to get evidence that the money is in the customers account? And is it possible for me to get a police report in other to go to first bank to get evidence?

What was the error message in the first transaction?
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Naughtysex: 3:45pm On May 04, 2022
post=112513292:
As a general rule, banks can reverse a payment made in error only with the consent of the person who received it.
Your bank and the recipient's bank will need to co-operate to try to recover the payment.

This usually involves the recipient’s bank contacting the account holder to ask his or her permission to reverse the transaction.

If the recipient refuses, your only option is to take up the matter directly yourself. However, the bank’s responsibility to protect the privacy of the recipient’s contact details may prove an initial stumbling block.
You may wish to take court action if the recipient won’t return the money.
We recommend you seek legal advice if faced with taking such a step.

But in this case, It is good for you that you know the customer and have their contact information.

All the very best.

It's not that easy, my wife mistakenly transferred into another person's account and we involved her own bank through email, my brother, we never see our money back since last year
The complain we have been receiving from Gtbank (her bank) is "the other bank (first bank) is not cooperating
I just told her to forget about it and be careful next time (the money no big sha)

So it's not that easy.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by toplexy28(m): 3:56pm On May 04, 2022
online for deals at your rate , check my siggy
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Samjay83: 3:59pm On May 04, 2022
Go to your bank and complain about transaction reversal while
their E-channel will check the transaction flow and ur statement of acct for them to see that the client has been credited twice.
Then you will take it up as a wrong transaction, which they had to call the receiving bank about the transaction of double transaction, while they check ur clients statement to verify and confirm.
Then your money will be reversed by debiting ur clients acct and credit ur acct.
./...so, just approach ur bank first to complain.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Kajaard: 4:01pm On May 04, 2022
Born2Breed:
Why are people always dishonest? Receiving money twice then denying it.

There must be a proper channel to address this issue.

Experts on NL, please your advice is needed.

Lalasticlala
Seun

Frontpage material.

The average Nigerian is highly dishonest.

4 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by utibe1995(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2022
The customer doesn't know that is very bad to do that, will that money solve all his life time problem. A cashier In a bank once made that same mistake to me, instead of her to credit me 5k, she did 50k without her knowing. When I got home I received a call from her because my phone number was on the teller. She pleade with me that it was a mistake, so I told her that I know but I won't be able to come that same day because my distance was far that I will bring the 45k for her the next day. The next day I toke the 45k to her and she thank me and prayed for me which am seeing more than that amount a month without stress. So my advise for you is that you should take the printout and go to the police and report, I know you will spend some money because this is Nigeria. The police will now go and arrest him which he will be forcefully go to bank to confirm the transaction. That's when you will get your money back. Don't forget you will spend up to 10k to resolve that but is a lesson for you to know that In such situation you don't proceed the second time.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by eventainment(m): 4:30pm On May 04, 2022
This matter too simple. Print your bank statement go show am if e argue too much.. threaten to involve forces... If e too stubborn make call to one of your known force for him presence.. if e no shake fulfill the threat
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by sonofanarchy(m): 4:40pm On May 04, 2022
just to go bank they hard them,the customer is a thief.report to your bank
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by miraclea: 4:55pm On May 04, 2022
Go straight to your bank and sought it out immediately they will withdraw your money for you ,ole everywhere
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Okobola146: 5:23pm On May 04, 2022
Op be a blessing to someone, let go of the money or send me your bank account details for refund
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Bbbw: 5:43pm On May 04, 2022
Really
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by dayleke: 5:43pm On May 04, 2022
Emaprince:
Nigerians are very wicked and too opportunistic. When it comes to issues of money, that saint will become a two faced devil...speaking from both sides of his mouth.

I have had my own share of transferring to wrong accounts and double transfers . .In all these cases, the beneficiaries will either withdraw the money immediately ( if its a wrong transfer) or claim he or she wasn't credited twice ( if its double transfer). If I know the beneficiary, he or she will either start avoiding me or promising that he will...he will... until thy kingdom come, they won't do anything. I am usually too busy to be pursuing them around..and not interested in police because those ones will even charge pass the amount in question..cos its been 15k 25k 20k etc. The biggest was when I sent 75000 instead of 7500.. and the beneficiary disappeared from my sight ever since.

As I am typing, I received a credit alert of 50k around 2:39am on Thursday morning. I do not know who sent it. I waited on that day to see if any one will call or come to me for it. I went to a GTB branch on Friday to notify them..but there were too many customers so I had to leave. Its been public holiday since then. Now I am planning to go back tomorrow as there will be too many people in the bank today. I just want them to withdraw it incase they get a complaint from anyone.

That type of money is not actually what I am interested in.

Your type is very rare in Naija of today but are you sure if the money is withdrawn by the bank, it will get back to the rightful owner?

Reminds me of a case like that which happened and was shared here on NL.
If you see the comments that day, it was then I realized that to get a honest person in Naija nowadays go hard gan ni o.

4 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by dayleke: 5:50pm On May 04, 2022
pappilo:

Exactly. Pure evil and wickedness. And they will be the loudest ones complaining about bad leaders and all. Its not even a life changing amount that you'd could kind of understand the temptation.

I have made this mistake before. During my dad's funeral I paid a food vendor N400,000 twice and made a donation of N130,000 to the church twice. Guess which one of them paid me back ASAP once I raised the issue?

Na fight before I see the other amount collect from the ones you'd least expect to hang on to your money.

Food vendor paid you back first....

Church counted it as double blessings...

Am I right?

5 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by dayleke: 5:51pm On May 04, 2022
fados4sure:

Not that easy as you think....

I had similar experience from Access bank to GTB and it's 3 months now, I'm yet to get my money back

He will need court order and court will charge 10% of the money

Please what's the 10% for?

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by dayleke: 5:53pm On May 04, 2022
NaijaCopy:
Lol. Just 2 weeks ago, someone credited me #30K twice and alerted me. I didn't even know any money had been paid. The creditor (lives in Abuja) called to let me (I stay in Lagos) know of the error. I confirmed and transferred back #30K. All done in 2 minutes and I sent a screenshot.

How hard can these things be!!

I remember a completely random person credited my airtime and then called to beg me to send it back. I could sense the feeling of hopelessness in his voice as he was seriously pleading before I could even say a word. It felt funny to me. Why will I not send it back? I sent back pronto and he called back to thank me profusely.

Hmmm... Na wa for the average Nigerian o.

Your type is going extinct.

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Kajaard: 5:54pm On May 04, 2022
dayleke:

Your type is going extinct.

Lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Bestunclejoe(m): 5:54pm On May 04, 2022
If he is not ready to cooperate, write a formal letter to the bank, copy the cbn and efcc, body go tell am!
He is a fraudulent person and need to be treated as such.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by nedekid: 6:32pm On May 04, 2022
Emaprince:
Nigerians are very wicked and too opportunistic. When it comes to issues of money, that saint will become a two faced devil...speaking from both sides of his mouth.

I have had my own share of transferring to wrong accounts and double transfers . .In all these cases, the beneficiaries will either withdraw the money immediately ( if its a wrong transfer) or claim he or she wasn't credited twice ( if its double transfer). If I know the beneficiary, he or she will either start avoiding me or promising that he will...he will... until thy kingdom come, they won't do anything. I am usually too busy to be pursuing them around..and not interested in police because those ones will even charge pass the amount in question..cos its been 15k 25k 20k etc. The biggest was when I sent 75000 instead of 7500.. and the beneficiary disappeared from my sight ever since.

As I am typing, I received a credit alert of 50k around 2:39am on Thursday morning. I do not know who sent it. I waited on that day to see if any one will call or come to me for it. I went to a GTB branch on Friday to notify them..but there were too many customers so I had to leave. Its been public holiday since then. Now I am planning to go back tomorrow as there will be too many people in the bank today. I just want them to withdraw it incase they get a complaint from anyone.

That type of money is not actually what I am interested in.
Me, months back, I received a cash deposit of 50k from an unknown pastor. It happened on a Friday.
By Monday morning before 9 am, the money was debited from my account. I was not contacted by the bank even.
No be my money, so I kukuma no touch am.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by VirileNelly2420: 6:38pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

U can go to your bank and get ur own statement, send it to him. If he still tries to play smart, tell him u will involve a lawyer, nd will claim damages wen vindicated....

Something like dat happened to two months ago. It was wit POS agent. I tried doing d first transaction, it wasn't successful... according to her o. I had to redo which she said went. I wasn't wit my phone vi receive alert wit, so I neva knew it went twice. I discovered so wen I got home. I came back d following day nd she was trying to play smart wit me even wen I've tried showing her my debit alerts. I had to threaten her with involving a lawyer and claiming damages. Dat was wen my money came out. 10k no b negligible money for dis Buhari weather.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Jayslyder: 6:42pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

First thing u should have done is complain to your bank so they lien the amount and he doesn't have access to it..that way u are sure ur money is secured...pleading with the customer comes later..cos the bank need a written statement for reversal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

18 Most Wanted Nigerians In The Usa / Prostitute Attempts To Seduce Magistrate In Calabar / Woman Trying To Sell Her Three Children Arrested In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.